Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Cigars for Warriors Contest

hardczhardcz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 75
Assuming this is OK with everyone, I'd like to have a contest of sorts.

Coming from a military family, my grandparents were in the Army, my dad is a retired Marine, my brother is an active Marine, I would of been if I didn't have medical issues. To serve and have a higher calling has always been a part of me. I've given back in various ways, mostly sending to people I've met on cigar forums, and arranging fun packages sent to my brother when he was in Afghanistan.

I've heard a lot of questions over the years as to why give cigars and items to troops. They make money they can buy their own stuff is usually what I hear if anything negative. The truth is, yes they can, though usually when deployed in hostile zones it's not as easy to get the comforts of home, cigars, and other items. From my own family experiences being in that environment takes it's toll on the men and women who serve our country, receiving candy, cold drink mixes, baby wipes, cigars and pipes, etc, it gives that person a small reprieve from the crap they live with for 9-15 months at a time. It helps keep their sanity and gives them that something extra that I would hope we all wish for our fellow man. I don't see giving items to the troops as charity, it's sharing with another person as I've grown used to doing and seeing from brothers and sisters of the leaf. It's having kindness and good will to literally pay it forward. You going above what's expected to make another happy, in turn gives you a joy that's very unique.

Recently I met J. Drew and Tom Navarro who inspired me to take a role with a larger organization, which helps IMO get stuff to a more diverse group. You can find more of them on http://www.cigarsforwarriors.net/ if you're interested.

Anyways, here's the contest. Hoping to get a good turnout on this otherwise I'll just be sending a load myself.

Prize: I'm offering up a nice sampler of some of my favorite cigars, most have a resting age of 10-12 years, you can ask Trident if you have any questions of my character.

To enter: I will give 1 entry per 5 pack of cigars, cigar and lighter, cigar and cutter, lighter pack, combo pack, or if you send a higher end lighter or cutter such as a xikar, then that will be counted as one entry.

To win: I will have all entries entered into random.org/lists and ask another BOTL to be present, most likely Trident, or any other local cigar.com member. The 1st person on top will receive the sampler pack from me.

All entries will be sent to me, I'll take pictures of every entry sent to me and post it. Then I'll box everything up and send it over to cigars for warriors with a message stating it's from cigar.com including everyone who participated.

I need all entries received or have a DC posted by Feb 28th with a drawing on March 1st or 2nd, pending when I can meet up with a cigar.com member. If there are entries in route not received by the time to pick a winner, I'll push it back until everything is received.

Let me know if there are any questions and thanks everyone for reading and lets have a great contest.

Send all entries to:
Dan Lewis
90 Orchardale Dr
Rochester Hills, MI 48309

Include your forum handle so I can mark you down accurately.
If you have a DC please post or PM it to me for tracking

Comments