How Do You Cut Your Cigar

2»

Comments

• 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    dr_frankenstein56:
    90+ Irishman:
    dr_frankenstein56:
    11rocket11:
    I use my Xikar Xi cutter, if I forget that I use a punch. Just out of curiosity, has anybody used a Shuriken? If so what do you think?

im curious as well about that 6 blade shuriken too.... Looks neat as hell

Aj
    Tried it. For me it either turned the cap into spilled cat guts (read totaled cap) or it didn't cut deep enough and had a terrible draw. The theory and idea is awesome but it never once worked halfway decent for me. Just my two cents though.

figures it would be a gimmick... looks damn cool though!

Aj
    sadly yeah at least for me
  • edelrionycedelrionyc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 312
    a punch for most cigars, a v cut for a boxed press, and a slanted guillotine cut for torpedo's.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    Whats everybodys opinion on the single blade style of cutter that has a replaceable "box cutter" style of razor blade?

I like the idea of easily changing the blade and its damn bloody sharp being a razor.

Aj
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Whats everybodys opinion on the single blade style of cutter that has a replaceable "box cutter" style of razor blade?

I like the idea of easily changing the blade and its damn bloody sharp being a razor.

Aj
    Where online can I get a look at one of those? Sounds interesting.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    Bob Luken:
    Usually a straight cut with a Xikar Xi2. Sometimes a punch. One day I'll try a v-cut.

Found that a really good and sharp knife does as good, or better, then the actual tool.
    Bob Luken:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj

I cant find a link myself, I seen one at my last herf... I was curious if you gentlemen could shed some light on it. was real basic though... almost looked too cheap... but damn did it cut nice with the razor blade.

Aj
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    jd50ae:
    Bob Luken:
    Usually a straight cut with a Xikar Xi2. Sometimes a punch. One day I'll try a v-cut.

Found that a really good and sharp knife does as good, or better, then the actual tool.
    I noticed that method you mentioned in your earlier post. I'll be sure to try that :)
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Bob Luken:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj

I cant find a link myself, I seen one at my last herf... I was curious if you gentlemen could shed some light on it. was real basic though... almost looked too cheap... but damn did it cut nice with the razor blade.

Aj

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:17459/#files

files show how to make your own.
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    A serrated steak knife. Need to sharpen it though.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    It's been a while but I have used a razor blade on more than one occasion, rotate the cigar against the blade and pop the cap!
    Martel:
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Bob Luken:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj

Aj

Thats Exactly it! So now it all makes since... i was at a herf for a bunch of local machinest, the guy probably made it himself.

Aj
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Martel:
    dr_frankenstein56:
    Bob Luken:
    dr_frankenstein56:

Aj

Aj

Thats Exactly it! So now it all makes since... i was at a herf for a bunch of local machinest, the guy probably made it himself.

Aj

IF I had the tools, the materials, and the skills, I'd definitely give it a try.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    i use one of these....... photo oldschooltool_zps54fe8a3a.jpg
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    twistedstem:
    I like that shark tooth looking one. Never seen anything like that before.
    twistedstem:

That looks like a medieval torture device.
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    I use my Xikar V cutter on almost everything. Will use a guillotine sometimes on torps and stuff of the like
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Martel:
    twistedstem:

Introducing the original portable circumcision device, made popular in the early 17th century.... Ouch.
  • ehehatehehat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,534
    90+ Irishman:
    Martel:
    twistedstem:

Introducing the original portable circumcision device, made popular in the early 17th century.... Ouch.
    One look at that thing could get me to change my religion.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    ehehat:
    90+ Irishman:
    Martel:
    twistedstem:

One look at that thing could get me to change my religion.
    i saw some rather interesting ones in a musuem awhile ago,so when scooter posted this i thought it would be funny to post one of the more "interesting"looking ones...