Home Non Cigar Related

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    LOL
    Call Ralph on the big white telephone, he'll tell ya what you drank!

I'm kind of in the same boat, crap ass week, alternating between Bulliet bourbon on the rocks and Buffalo Trace bourbon on rocks. Almost had enough to think the bottle of Jose is talkin smack again :D.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Jetmech_63:
    LOL
    im not much of puke-er, but my head had that low dull throbbing thing goin on.

thus is life.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    kuzi16:
    Jetmech_63:
    LOL
    im not much of puke-er, but my head had that low dull throbbing thing goin on.

thus is life.
    Shhhh.. everybody, Kuzi has a headache.. NO LOUD VOICES TODAY !!!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Last night I relaxed a bit after my night cigar with some straight Jim Beam. It's probably not the best bourbon out there, but then again I'm no bourbon connoisseur and it tastes good to me.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    wild turkey rare breed barrel proof-a bit pricey but worth it-give this a try j0z3r. i think you will like. and no this tastes NOTHING like any other wild turkey (which i do not like). this is unique and super smooth. if you thought jim beam was good you'll be blown away by this.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Jetmech_63:
    Geez, irish whiskey drinkers? Sipping on Tullamore Dew on the rocks, it's usually this or Jameson 12 year. And yes i've tried the erin go bragh stick....Woof!!!
    I started off as an Irish whiskey drinker, Jet. My preference is Jameson -- either the regular or the 18-yo.
    Love the Jameson! Havent had the 18 year but the 12 year is spectacular. Aged in old sherry casks i believe. Has a nice balanced sweetness to it from that. Bushmills 16 year is close to that. It starts off in oak barrels, then is moved to sherry barrels and is finished in port barrels. Very complex, very smooth. Probably by far and away my favorite irish whiskey but at 69 bucks a bottle...definatley not everyday stuff. On those lines Jameson puts out Midleton, the rarest irish whiskey in production. Had a glass of it once for 19 bucks, whiskey of the gods! Retails for 160 a bottle so i wont see it on my home bar any time soon lol.
    Today I am watching some movies and relaxing with some Fat Tire Amber Ale.. Very tasty beverage.. When those are gone, I still have a variety of Sam Adams.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    Yesterday I had a few Yuenglins...mmmm. Today I have started with yuengling but I may change to Six Grapes port.
    its another tortuga sunset ...
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    I've never had the 12 or Middleton's, Jet. Sound like good stuff. I tried Bushmill's once, and didn't care for it, so I never did explore any of their other offerings.
    jw black label today
    I'm in the Reno area for 3 weeks on business so i went to the El Dorado coasino, plunked a 20 in a penny slot machine and proceeded to get crocked on Maker's Mark on the rocks, made the 20 last about 2 hours and drank like 7 of em....i love this town lol!
    when i went to vegas i put a 20 in the penny slots and at one point i was up $50

broke even on the week though.
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    I'm drinking a glass of Jetmech_63's Applejack. Damn this stuff is good. He recommends pouring it over ice, but its really smooth straight. Can't wait to see how mine turns out in a few weeks.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    It's not alcoholic, but I went on a rootbeer kick today. Had an IBC rootbeer at lunch, a local brewery's rootbeer at dinner, and just finished a Virgil's Microbrewed rootbeer about an hour ago....I don't drink alcohol, but do dig the non-alcoholic brews!
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    Tonight we had a meaningless hockey game between the #1 and #2 teams while the rest of the teams sort out who will get to face us in the semi-finals. Since the game means nothing, we only had 5 skaters and a goalie show up. The other team had 8 skaters and a goalie. I took a slapshot to my foot 3 minutes in, and initially thought I'd broken my foot. I played the remaining 57 minutes (poorly). Now, I'm nursing the (rather intense) pain with some El Mayor Anejo. I'd get some Advil, but that would require me to walk upstairs. The liquor cabinet is just 20 feet away. Fortunately for the team, I may miss our playoff game next week :)
  • WafflebobWafflebob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 118
    Rootbeer is one of the greatest non-alcoholic brews of all time. I have to give the prohibition credit for that. Reltated to the subject at hand, coke zero with rum tonight.
    dutyje:
    initially thought I'd broken my foot.
    heh.. Turns out the first impression was spot on. Broken foot. Surgery tomorrow morning to get a metal plate put in.
    geeez!!
    kuzipaluza in 3 days!!

still gunna make it?

bbc020:
    It's not alcoholic, but I went on a rootbeer kick today. Had an IBC rootbeer at lunch, a local brewery's rootbeer at dinner, and just finished a Virgil's Microbrewed rootbeer about an hour ago....I don't drink alcohol, but do dig the non-alcoholic brews!
    ever have birch beer?
    kuzi16:
    geeez!!
    kuzipaluza in 3 days!!

still gunna make it?

I don't see why not... although my definition of "walking distance" has changed dramatically. I may need a lift to the hotel :)
    duty - sorry about the foot -broken bones anywhere are no fun- make'em carry u around in a golf cart! lol
    dutyje:
    dutyje:
    initially thought I'd broken my foot.
    heh.. Turns out the first impression was spot on. Broken foot. Surgery tomorrow morning to get a metal plate put in.
    Joe, sorry to hear that.. Looks like your going to need some serious rest for that one. And how will the team survive ? Hope your recovery is a speedy one.
    Think I will relax with a little Gentleman Jack tonight after a pain in the a$$ day at work. Don't you hate how when you show up for work your employer actually thinks you'r there TO work! LOL.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    Have had birch beer and like it...I think ginger beer is great too!

on another note, I'm sad to here about your foot Joe. You can have all the help I can give Friday if you make it up north!
  • plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 187
    Jim Beam and coke. The only thing i drink all winter long.
    plaidbanana1:
    Jim Beam and coke. The only thing i drink all winter long.
    i am no stranger to a jim and coke... but all winter long? how bout Baily's and hot coco? or a nice robust red wine?

just some thoughts.
    hhhmmmm- possibly makers mark and a makers mark cigar this evening and grill a steak/i've almost talked me into it
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    bbc020:
    I think ginger beer is great too!
    If you haven't, try the Bundaberg ginger beer. I know they sell it at Cost Plus World Market. It goes good with a cigar.