Home General Discussion

Sunday Morning smoke , & news from the Kitchen Table

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    i heard that one as well.

very interesting stuff.
  • Vince OVince O Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 279
    I lived through one daughters Puberty & one wifes menopause, ................... all I know is Hormones are a Pain in the @$$
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    hey vince check your pm buddy
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    urbino:
    That's part of it, no doubt, but even if they dressed like nuns, they just aren't built like teenage girls. They're built like women. It's frightening. I've seen a couple of theories on it. The leading one seems to be the hormones in dairy products.
    Yeah, that's what I meant...man they're developing earlier, and apparently drinking lots and lots of big boob juice.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Vince O:
    I lived through one daughters Puberty & one wifes menopause, ................... all I know is Hormones are a Pain in the @$$
    It's funny you mention menopause. I have been watching Season 5 of That '70s Show and Kitty is going through it. She freakin cracks me up. I know it's not something to laugh at in the real world but the way she portrays it will bring a smile to your face or flashbacks. Either or...
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Hey Vince.. How did the eye doc. go today ? You probably aren't reading this on Thursday, but I know what you are going through. I had three eye surgeries in two years .( two for the same procedure as you). They fixed me real good.
    Good morning it is Sunday 5 April 2009, a Sunfilled Cool morning here in da Burgh , looking for a high in the mid 60's today , but it will b70+ in the Qtr.deck later today, I went out to the mail box for the morning paper in my robe & slippers, Not bad out , in fact it felt so good out I thought I might just leave it out all day hahahaha the Second eye was done this past Thursday, & I cant believe how well I see with out glasses , I have been behind the glasses almost 60 years , now its STRANGE, I feel like some thing is wrong, I feel the wind on the eye, Not crazy about that , cooking greese splattering is scarrrrry , Now I know why there is a big push about safty glasses, I never worried about them before as I had Coke bottle bottoms in front of both eyes, BUT now, Dammmmm so this is HDTV hahahaha went to the shop a little friday night , got to hang out with the guys , instead of working , it was nice having some one cut & light MY cigar instead of me cutting & lighting EVERYONE 's cigar , it was relaxing, to say the lest, I even drove my self to the shop & home after dark, I was so happy that the on comming headlights didnt have an adverse reaction to the new eyes, no squinting , no halos it was a great time , & getting better every day, BUT I still need readers, so to solve the no glasses I plan on getting full size lenses with plain window glass at the top & the bifocal at the bottom, I dont think I will need the trifocals any more as the computer screen & keyboard are just fine looking over the top of the readers, even looked at the Sunday paper with out the glasses for a short time this morning , Cool beans, I can see the headlines & read some of the captions under the photos sans glasses.... , had this happened just 50 years ago I would be blind as a bat in a few years, But now I am seeing better NOW than I did anytime in my life before, I cant explain how liberating it makes me feel to wake up & see the clock with out Fumbling for the glasses to see what time it is ! ..................................... Looks like the boss is back in chargeof the menu for today, YEP pot roast , I thought I had her switched but she has fallen back on her favorite so , for the umpteenth time , after a 2 week break, dammmmmm I wish I could get her to EXPAND her tastebuds , But this Aug it will be 39 years of wedded bliss ( hahahaha ) & she still wants my pot roast, , I sure wish it was MY>>>>>>>>>>>>>, but thats for a different website hahahaha Coffeethis morning is Not the Sunday kona , I dont know what happened but I ended up making a pot of African Monkey blend, a few beans of this & that ,all of African origins , just a little on the acidic side , but that pot of kona will be NEXT , along with the Sunday Morning Smoke , a Don Carlos #3 , my taste buds are jumping in antisapation , last nights cigar ride started off witha contraband, partagas serie P #2 , with a nice mug of Home roasted Columbian DECAFE, yep us old farts need the decafe at night so we can sleep, at my age any stimulation is an invation to sleep on the toilet , beats getting up every hour to go pee hahahahahaha My wife has been verry tolerent of the extra work she has been doing to take care of me , I know she never reads this BS , so If I say a kind word about her I know she will never see it & my reputation for being PIG will still be intact ! She has been realy good thorugh out this past month , SALUTE to you Barb, yea I make fun of her sometimes & get pissed at her at times but 39 years together & we havent killed each other is a feat all in it self ! hahahahaha the boys are with thier dad this weekend & I didnt get to go to the piano lesson this week as I was at the hospital getting the second eye done at the time of the lesson , so I have nothing to report about the rugrats this week, i did talk to them both on the phone but its hard to get into any trouble on the phone with my wife on this end of the conversation & my daughter on the boys end of the line, so no trouble from me or the rugrats this week, dammmm that means next week we need to Turn it up a NOTCH hahahaha The Cigar crawl is getting closser to being a sell out AGAIN, check out www.cigarcrawl.com this is going to be #11 , & it just gets better every year what more can I say , we have F U N ! looks like the grass will need to be cut soon, dammmm I hate that , not the cutting part, I dont worry about it all that much, just all the bitching I will get when she is done cutting the dammm grass , pave it over paint it Green ! BUT No that no good, OK lets plant the entire yard in wild flowers , wall to wall , road to the house , NO grass just flowers, NO WAY to many weeds to control, looks like an appartment is the only answer , BUT she isnt ready, for a Sr. high rise , nor an I , most of those places are 1 bedroom, well I like having my Own room , & this place is paid for so it just costs us the property taxes each year to stay here ( and utillitys) But there is all the yard maintance , grass cutting tree trimming, snow removal, painting , staining the deck & all that other BS I want to hire some one to do BUT NO they dont do a job that will be approved by the BOSS , & as long as I can do it my self, why pay smoeone to do it , thats all I ever here from her, well I wish that was all , hey thats what we have grandsons for, let them cut the grass, the kid is 13 for Gods sake, when I was 10 I was shortorder cooking in my grandmothers place , No let the kids be kids, dammmmm one second to want them to grow up start to drive so you dont have to haul them to this & that, But then you figure out they are grown & the little kid is NO MORE & you look in the mirror & instead of that little kid who could barely see the top of his head in the bathroom mirror you see an old man & wonder How you became your father ..............................
    Good morning , it is EASTER SUNDAY , April 12, 2009 , & Not only is it Easter, it is Barbs 60th Birthday, dammmm she is getting OLD hahahaha, catching up to me fast hahaha, well no Beef today, No ham or lamb, she wanted a turkey so I got a 12 pounder going in the oven soon, got to pick up her mother at the Nursing home later today , hse has no idea what day it is , so it will be a fun day ! , , so with the bird, & all the stuff you need to go with it , there will be the same questions, asked again & again, , Barbs sister will be out later for cake if she lives through her easter dinner at her inlaws , , , , , they drink just a bit more than I do , & a lot steadier, so the booze will be the fuel that starts that fire , never misses , glad I doint have that problem , YET ! hahaha , We had a good week at the shop, got a lot of new faceings on the shelf, & a few nrew customers, yea baby NEW blood, & new wallets to empty hahahaha, one guy came in got a new humidor a box of cigars , & a bundle of yard gars , lighter cutter & a leather pocket carrier, , dammmm he made my day, , dammmm day & a half hahahaha I go back to the eye doc on tuesday, the eyes are getting better, lots of drops But no glasses , need readers some times but some times I can do with out them, strange ! , but I still reach for them every morning when I get up, dammmm where did the glasses go ? well I can see the clock with out them ! Not much else going here here in da Burgh, I plan on a nice Quiet day , spending time with the wife & her mother, yea just what I want to do with a humidor's full of cigars , a pot full of coffee & a snifter full of single malt , yea I just want to sit back & talk to the hens ............. Now dont get me wrong I love them Both but dammmmm with the altzhimers my mother in law is a real blast to get tanked with , she will ask the same questions over & over again, just like reading the same old BS here in the Sunday Morning smoke BS ! hahahaha , I just went out for the paper & pulled Barbs present from the trunk of my car, , she is a big fan of Dennis Leary & his show rescue me , she hates his stand up as he drops the F bomb every other word, I dont mind it but she tells me her ears are not garbage cans, & that prompts an utterence from me that will be the start of yet an other fight between us , 39 years this August 15th , & still fighting , if that isnt true love I dont know what it could be hahahaha OH yea I got a complaint ......... Saturday Night live ...... great cast, great show, been watching it since it started, it has its moments of funny , but lately it has been LAME , maybe its time for the cast & crew to hang it up or Go back to the orginal writers or some thing, the Orginal not ready for prime time players were some of the best BS artists I have ever seen & they do have there moments , but the Gilly skit , OK the first time it was OK , but its getting old fast, , I miss the cone heads, & the 2 wild & crazy guys as well as Chico Esqualla , Base ball ben berry berry good to me .......... & others that just rock, SNL is just not as good as it was , time for it to go the way of Guiding light , after 72 years on the radio & TV it is comming to a close, what will become of the Bower family now ???? seams like I am just rambling on here so I better get it up & posted , time for a nice breakfast , bacon & eggs on a grilled english muffin , hot pepper cheese, lettuce, tomato , onion, & a little mayo, , yea that would be nice but It looke like I will be having what ever she wants me to make ............. Enjoy , Vince
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Congrats on your lasting marriage! It's cool that new people are coming in the store, and my god that's a lot of stuff for a person to buy. Did you help him with what to pick out or did the guy just know? You have a good day Vince and make sure to pamper your wife! lol
    He bought what he wanted, didnt know a lot about much of anything so he said but he didnt have any trouble picking out what he wanted, I did recomend a few things to him & he ended up with Butera vintage maduro robustos, punch seconds, (Churchill), a trinadad humi with the jell humidifyers , a blazer torch & a monte logo cutter the pocket keeper was a benchmade churchill size , looks like he did his home work, paid all in cash ! , I like CASH !!!!!!
    Good Morning , it is Sunday April 19 2009 , today would have been my fathers 90th birthday , so Happy Birthday Dad , I know he is still hanging arround at times , it him or my mother, popping in & out of my life , dropping things, moving things , Hiding my keys at times hahahaha , I dont know if I believe in Ghosts but I do believe in Angels , been saved by a few over the years talked with a few from time to time , Ghosts I dont know who is to say that a troubled soul just didnt get to where they were going yet , I guess the only time we will know for sure is after we have left this world for a better one ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,....... I started off the morning with a Casa Fuente Churchill , a wonderful cigar but not what i should have had this wonderful Sunday morning here in Da Burgh , right now it is 65 F with partly cloudy skys & a nice SW brease , the wind chimes are singing & speaking of singing Last night we all went to the Lincoln School for Preforming arts , the local "Fame " Highschool, the production was Chorus Line , DAMMMMMM I cant believe they are highschool students , , I have seen the movie & the stage play with various actors in the road company & they couldnt have been any better had they been paid professionals , a wonderful show & inexpencive for the school to do, NO PROPS, stage sets or costumes other than the final number , the rights did cost a few bucks , but then the rights to a lot of plays , Shows cost a lots for the rights plus the sets, the costumes & the band, here everything was all ready there, a whits line down the stage , a wall of Mirrors & a CD with the music ............... GREAT STUFF .................. looks like we are back to the pot roast AGAIN today, I got up to make breakfast & there is the dreadded pot roast defrostong ............ Dammmm I wish she would EXPAND her taste buds , but this morning we did have sheared eggs , I think thats how its spelled, 3 sausage links in a small oven proof dish, ( fully Cooked ) , then you crack an egg in the dish & bake it to set the whites a slice of toast to dip the yoke & the sausage is encased with the egg white , just a different way to serve sausage & eggs ............... The Sunday morning kona went by the wayside with the casa fuente , right now I have a pot of moca java that I am working on & soon it will be replaced with a Bold , dark roast Columbian , & who knows what I might get into after that, looks like it will be a Great coffee day , as I have a 1964 Padron Anniv. Churchill for this afternoon, , But my taste buds are still looking for that Don Carlos, maybe I will drop in a #4 , it is a little smaller that the #3 but it will solve my craving , , I have a Camacho Liberty for later today & who knows what I might find if I start to did in one of the long term aging humidors ,,,, dammm I want to hit that POWER BALL so I can build a new house with a Proper walk in Humidor, about 12X12 , yea that ought to just about do it , then a trip to a few different Islands , all south of Miami , some a little to the east , some a little to the west, & maybe a stop or 2 in central Americia , & south Americia , for some Home grown coffee & more cigars , Hey do they grow tobacco in Hawaii? , How abot a kona coast cigar Hummmmm, maybe its time to think about that one a little more !!! The grandsons are doing Fine, we did find out that the 11 Year old is lactose intollerent , dammm 11 years it took to find out the kid is allergic to milk , well he hates the taste of Soy milk , & rice milk is just as bad according to 11 year old taste buds , I like soy milk , I am a BIG advocate of Tofu , But he has the taste buds from his Grandmother, not mine, I wonder How my life would have been had a set of normal taste buds & not the ones I do have .......... Oh what a different world it would have been ! ................... the eyes are getting a little more settled in , but I still reach for the glasses as I get up every morning, strange to be able to see the clock with out the glasses & the Colors are so ALIVE , after all the years looking through the cateracts , NOW I understand what the big deal with HD TV is ........... I did order a set of frames with a line in the bifocal, I hate the wind & smoke getting in my eyes , I have been wearing glasses almost 60 years now & just cant get used to the feeling with out them , I have a set of readers, but they have been dropped , scratched & chipped so may time all ready they are in worse shape than the trifocals that I have that are 2 years old ! , ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Filled up the tank last night , 21.7 MPG on a 2000 Sable with 177K on the clock, dammmm I hate to think about getting rid of this one, its a keeper, the body is starting some sigh of rust over the back wheels & the hood is chipping from the last time it was recked & the paint job was sub standard , But you get what you pay for & I didnt pay much ! Not Much else happening here in da Burgh , OH YEA the Pittsburgh PIRATES ( not to be confused with the Somlillia pirates ) are off to a great start, after 16 or 17 loosing seasons in a row, maybe just maybe a little of the Steelers Victory will rub off on the bucko's , a few year back we had the World series trophy, the Stanley cup & the Vince Lombardy trophy all in the same year , the steel mills were all working at peak production every one was working overtime & making Big Bucks & Now well we still have 6 yes SIX Vince Lombardy Trophys , the Pens are back in the playoffs for Lord Stanlys Cup & who knows the pirate just might ( MIGHT ) finish a game or 2 over 500 this tear ! hahahaha yea & I will go cigarless for a day, maybe a day and a half hahahahaha ..................... Enjoy, Vince
    Vince O:
    Good Morning , it is Sunday April 19 2009 , today would have been my fathers 90th birthday , so Happy Birthday Dad , I know he is still hanging arround at times , it him or my mother, popping in & out of my life , dropping things, moving things , Hiding my keys at times hahahaha , I dont know if I believe in Ghosts but I do believe in Angels , been saved by a few over the years talked with a few from time to time , Ghosts I dont know who is to say that a troubled soul just didnt get to where they were going yet , I guess the only time we will know for sure is after we have left this world for a better one ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,....... I started off the morning with a Casa Fuente Churchill , a wonderful cigar but not what i should have had this wonderful Sunday morning here in Da Burgh , right now it is 65 F with partly cloudy skys & a nice SW brease , the wind chimes are singing & speaking of singing Last night we all went to the Lincoln School for Preforming arts , the local "Fame " Highschool, the production was Chorus Line , DAMMMMMM I cant believe they are highschool students , , I have seen the movie & the stage play with various actors in the road company & they couldnt have been any better had they been paid professionals , a wonderful show & inexpencive for the school to do, NO PROPS, stage sets or costumes other than the final number , the rights did cost a few bucks , but then the rights to a lot of plays , Shows cost a lots for the rights plus the sets, the costumes & the band, here everything was all ready there, a whits line down the stage , a wall of Mirrors & a CD with the music ............... GREAT STUFF .................. looks like we are back to the pot roast AGAIN today, I got up to make breakfast & there is the dreadded pot roast defrostong ............ Dammmm I wish she would EXPAND her taste buds , but this morning we did have sheared eggs , I think thats how its spelled, 3 sausage links in a small oven proof dish, ( fully Cooked ) , then you crack an egg in the dish & bake it to set the whites a slice of toast to dip the yoke & the sausage is encased with the egg white , just a different way to serve sausage & eggs ............... The Sunday morning kona went by the wayside with the casa fuente , right now I have a pot of moca java that I am working on & soon it will be replaced with a Bold , dark roast Columbian , & who knows what I might get into after that, looks like it will be a Great coffee day , as I have a 1964 Padron Anniv. Churchill for this afternoon, , But my taste buds are still looking for that Don Carlos, maybe I will drop in a #4 , it is a little smaller that the #3 but it will solve my craving , , I have a Camacho Liberty for later today & who knows what I might find if I start to did in one of the long term aging humidors ,,,, dammm I want to hit that POWER BALL so I can build a new house with a Proper walk in Humidor, about 12X12 , yea that ought to just about do it , then a trip to a few different Islands , all south of Miami , some a little to the east , some a little to the west, & maybe a stop or 2 in central Americia , & south Americia , for some Home grown coffee & more cigars , Hey do they grow tobacco in Hawaii? , How abot a kona coast cigar Hummmmm, maybe its time to think about that one a little more !!! The grandsons are doing Fine, we did find out that the 11 Year old is lactose intollerent , dammm 11 years it took to find out the kid is allergic to milk , well he hates the taste of Soy milk , & rice milk is just as bad according to 11 year old taste buds , I like soy milk , I am a BIG advocate of Tofu , But he has the taste buds from his Grandmother, not mine, I wonder How my life would have been had a set of normal taste buds & not the ones I do have .......... Oh what a different world it would have been ! ................... the eyes are getting a little more settled in , but I still reach for the glasses as I get up every morning, strange to be able to see the clock with out the glasses & the Colors are so ALIVE , after all the years looking through the cateracts , NOW I understand what the big deal with HD TV is ........... I did order a set of frames with a line in the bifocal, I hate the wind & smoke getting in my eyes , I have been wearing glasses almost 60 years now & just cant get used to the feeling with out them , I have a set of readers, but they have been dropped , scratched & chipped so may time all ready they are in worse shape than the trifocals that I have that are 2 years old ! , ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Filled up the tank last night , 21.7 MPG on a 2000 Sable with 177K on the clock, dammmm I hate to think about getting rid of this one, its a keeper, the body is starting some sigh of rust over the back wheels & the hood is chipping from the last time it was recked & the paint job was sub standard , But you get what you pay for & I didnt pay much ! Not Much else happening here in da Burgh , OH YEA the Pittsburgh PIRATES ( not to be confused with the Somlillia pirates ) are off to a great start, after 16 or 17 loosing seasons in a row, maybe just maybe a little of the Steelers Victory will rub off on the bucko's , a few year back we had the World series trophy, the Stanley cup & the Vince Lombardy trophy all in the same year , the steel mills were all working at peak production every one was working overtime & making Big Bucks & Now well we still have 6 yes SIX Vince Lombardy Trophys , the Pens are back in the playoffs for Lord Stanlys Cup & who knows the pirate just might ( MIGHT ) finish a game or 2 over 500 this tear ! hahahaha yea & I will go cigarless for a day, maybe a day and a half hahahahaha ..................... Enjoy, Vince

I feel your beseball pain Vince. Orioles fan forever here. 10 losing seasons in a row for a once proud franchise is hard to stomach. This year does seem brighter for us as well though....so good luck...unless we meet in the playoffs that is hahaha ...then we'll smoke a Don Carlos after each game and terrorize each other over the results hahaha. I remember the year Baltimore almost put together a triple crown for the city, the Colts won the superbowl, the Orioles the world series and the the dang old Baltimore Bulletts lost the seventh game againt Milwaukee I think it was ,,,,soooo close . Have a good day Vince See Ya ...
    who would think that Professional sports would polerize a city like it dose, lets face it Cleveland, Baltimore are a nice citys as a city goes, but the people of Pittsburgh hate the Browns/ Ravens.............. why I have no idea, I lived in Lakewood Ohio , I suburb of Cleveland on the west side, worked in Rocky River ( the next burb to the west , had a sail boat at the CYC & enjoyed it I also lived in Michigan for a time ( North of Flint in a little town called Clio ) , great place also, no idea why I ever came back to the Burgh, I guess its HOME, if I spoke better Spanish & didnt mind earthquakes I might have stayed In San Diego !!! But I cant see me as a chargers fan ! hahahaha Enjoy, Vince
    Good Morning , it is Sunday 26th of April 2009 a fantastic , warm day here in da burgh, looking for a high of 85 , way to warm for this time of the year but I will take whawe get , after a somewhat crappie winter the warm air is a welcome releaf....... Yesterday I had the privlage of attenting a Birthday party for a 1 year old girl the daughter of on of my nephews, her name is Anna & she is a tiny little peanut, cute as a button & the first baby Girl in the family since my daughter 37 years ago , so now besides having 2 grandsons I have 5 grandneeses & nephews , & countless young men & ladys who are friends of the nephews that all call me Uncle Vince , some times it makes me wonder when people come in the shop & say Hi Uncle Vince , & I have NO idea who they are , we are Marks friends or Mikes friends , Good I say I thought my brother was hiding some thing from me , like a few more kids hahahaha I have the day off today , I will be NOT COOKING ANYTHING today , well no cooking after breakfast, , it was a light breakfast, toasted english muffins , melted pepper jack cheese on them a little home made sweet red pepper relish on a bacon & egg scramble ........... tasty little bite , but thats it for me in the kitchen today, barb & her sister along with our daugher & her step daughter will be hitting the shops in Volant Pa today , a small town north of here filled with small gift shops & specialty stores , dammmm it would be a great place to put in a cigar shop so all the men had a place to hang out when the ladys were "Shopping" , but it is just not for me , I have enough problems with one shop, sure dont want to worry about 2 of them , dammmm I dont want to get OLD before my time hahahahaha , I have a date this afternoon with a rag & a can of paint remover , got to get that yellow highway line paint off Barbs car that has been pissing her off since November , I took off a little bit last week, but it was a little chilly on the hands , so with the temps getting into the mid 80's here today I might just find the time to finish the job hahahahaha maybe , well since she will be gone all day I might just take a nap hahaha , No today will be a good day to get the car done & then she will need to find some thing else to complain about , & for her , she has a TON of stuff to work with , & it all has to do with me, some times I wonder why she is still here with me , if things are as bad as she tells me , well I would have been long gone by now hahahahaha This morings coffee is a blend I like to call Pacific Paradise, a mix of all the left overs from the pacific rim countrys , that I didnt have enough to make a pot from , so it all went into a glass jar , & when I had enough to make a pot , I ground it & thats todays coffee, a bit Mild for my taste there is a lot of light roast kona in the blend, & I never did like to blend anything with kona as i enjoy the taste of the kona alone , taste buds are hard to fool eather you like it or you dont , , & this gives me that light kona hit on the front but lacks the AHHHHHHH at the end , I think I like the AHHHHHH at the end better , oh well nothing to complain about when this pot is gome & that will be SOON , maybe an American pot next, a single country a dark roast Columbian or maybe a Santos from Brazil or a peaberry from Panama , maybe some thing all together different , I might use a sppon of this & that & drop in a few cigar ashes & a a shot of single malt, & make it in the press pot , sit out on the back deck & fire up a BIG OLD Monte "A" & say the H3ll with the paint on the car ,,,,,,,,,,, But then I would have to listen to her when she got home WHY didnt you do the car ????? so I guess i will just say to h3ll with it & do it asap , that way I can sit on my formerly well padded behind , sip some coffee & a weeee dram as well as find a nice stick in the humi to "entertaine " my self with ................ dammmm I cant wait to get my glasses from the eye doc, I hate this BS with out glasses, I am getting smoke in my eyes at an alarming rate , & the Wind, How do you guys who dont have glasses deal with the wind ????? , Give me back my big old avaitor frames & keep the smoke & wind out of the eyes !!!!, I dont care for the look with out the glasses , but this morning I didnt reach for the glasses when I was getting up , the best thing about having the cateracts removed is the Colors , man they POP, I havent noticed the megenta in the flame when you light a cigar , maybe i did notice it years ago but I was not as observent then , Now that i am getting older I try to remember the little things in life that make an ordinary day some thing special , no matter how trivial it might seam at the time it is some thing to hold on & remember , I dont know who said it , but its Not the Number of breaths you take , its the number of breaths you take away Enjoy, Vince
    Vince O:
    lol, wouldn't it just be easier and say living with women is a pain in the @$$..
    Luko:
    urbino:
    That's part of it, no doubt, but even if they dressed like nuns, they just aren't built like teenage girls. They're built like women. It's frightening. I've seen a couple of theories on it. The leading one seems to be the hormones in dairy products.
    Yeah, that's what I meant...man they're developing earlier, and apparently drinking lots and lots of big boob juice.
    lol, yup. All I know is wish that stuff was around when I was that age... Though I have no complaints with my current situation..
    congrats on the living through the 1 year old's birthday.. lol. Though maybe your's wasn't as painful as my Best friends kid. It wasn't really about the kid, it was about all the heckling women that attended; friends of the mother... Man it was like a baby shower, though it was funny watching his girl get cake on most of the hecklers when she started throwing it.. lol.
    there was a little iceing dripping from the roof, , she had it in her hair & in her eyes , it was Classic !!!!!
    Good morning it is Sunday May , THIRD ,2009 dammmmmm its already May, the time flys when you get old, the days drag on & On & the months & years fly right by, , seams just like yesterday I was standing in my side yard & thinking about going back to school the next day , after a summer of baseball & swimming , it was 1957 & I was going back for that one final year before I would be joining the navy to get away from the small town steelmills & make a name for myself in the kitchens of the world ,,,,,, so close yet so long ago , now I am hampered with arthritis , Poor eye sight , hard of hearing, & an iritable colon PLUS the iratable one I have been married to for 39 years , dammmmm its not easy getting old , just to dammm bad I abused this bmuch when I was a younger man , had I known it was going to be this hard I might have saved a little more for my old age , , , , , , hahahah NOW WAY , I would have enjoyed myself even more had i known I was going to be this happy in my old age hahahaha , lets face it , a pain here & there isnt as bad as missing out on the kids , & grandkids , & the extended familys that have developed over the years friends are a gift all on there own, , as the old saying went , you can pick your friends but not your relatives , well in a big way thats true, but you can mke the relatives your friends if you woirk hard enough at it , I never thought I would be still visiting my Mother in law at the nursing home, she has no idea who the hell I am or even what my name is but she is always glad to see me , she has no idea who here granddaughter is but she knows the nice lady who brings her grandsons to see her , I just hope I go out with my some what little mind I have left & not sitting in my own little world not knowing anyone .............. I got the new glasses this week & can see a bit better now than I could with the drug store readers, , they were just a pain in the nose , never was able to look over them for distance & when I put them down on the nose to do that they ended up on the floor , big chips & scratches all over them, so now I have the full size frames with a bifocal , & I am a happy camper again. ........... it has been a wet week here in da burgh , & nexxt week looks like the same old stuff, , great sleeping weather but the grass is high enough to hide in hahahaha , the birds are flocking to the feeder & DEPOSITING the leftovers on the back deck , they are great to watch & listen to , yea like I can see & hear all that well, but I do get to *** about cleaning all the crap from the bench & Rockers on the deck, why should she be the only one to have a Gripe ! hahahaha , this morings cigar was Not my usual Don Carlos #3 but I felt like some thing a lot lighter so I went with a R&J reserve real torp. , dont know why I did that , just when I pulled out the humidor , it was sitting there on my 3 finger case & I said to me self, hummmmmmm why not, the coffee was a fine new batch of kona that was light roasted this past tuesday & ground course this morning , steeped in the press pot 4.5 minutes , ahhhhhh a great pot of coffee, i have a little montescristo coffee to try this after noon , I have no idea who grows this stuff or where it was roasted or how long ago , but it was free .............. never say NO to a free pound of coffee , till you try it one time anyhow, , the grounds can still go in the compost pile hahahaha since today is sunday I will cooking a little bit, I picked up a few rib steaks & have had them marinading for a few hours now, a little olive oil, peppers onions & garlic they will hit the grill some time after 4 Pm today , roasted corn on the cob for a side & I might just fry up some onions & peppers to add as a garnish for the steak ...... the boss & I went to see the Soloist yeaterday , dammmmmmmm moving & a great story the local newspaper critic gave it 1.5 stars out of 5 , I wonder if we saw the same movis, maybe she has become a bit jadded in her movie watching as she suffers through them all at the maulti plex, dammm what a tuff job watching movies & telling people what you thiunk about them,,,,, almost as tuff as my job sitting on my formerly large rear end, smoking a fine or not so fine cigar , sipping coffee & single malt scotch & telling people what I thougt about that cigar , dammmm getting paid to do what i love to do, hummmmmm I just wonder if I could ever make any "real" money doing it hahahaha ................. I hit a turkey crossing the road on my way to work one morning this week, 22 pounds of Hen Turkey , smashed the grill ,hood & windshield, , but it was soup that night hahahahaha , the glass is allready replaced & the aprasior is going to look at the car monday morning , looks like I might get a new paint job on the hood !,,,,,,,,,,,, 177K 9 years old, it almost seams like a government bail out for something way to old to spend any money on . BUT I have been paing my premiums all the years so I guess I get a little back , & a free range Wild Turkey on top of it all ! , well that about all I have time & space for today , if anything pops up during the week , check back for updates, I will be going on a cigar crawl May 16th, check it out at www.cigarcrawl.com this will be the 11th. one & I have made 10 in a row , yea baby its party time !! Enjoy, Vince
    Good Morning , it is Sunday May 10th, Mothers day , 2009, so a happy Mothers day to all you MOTHERS , so when is Mothers day ? 9 months AFTER fathers day ! hahahaha it been a slow week here in da burgh, the Hockey team is keeping pace but the baseball team , well lets just say I might as well be a Cubs fan ! I feel your pain !!! , we had a good week at the shop , a few new faces & a few out of towners we able to stop in a have a cigar or 2 & there was a batchlor party there last night, I stopped in for a few minutes to "Check " on the party, , , , it was the LAMEST batchlor party I was ever at, some DUMB@$$ brought his Girlfriend to the party , like taking a sandwich to a banquet , Dumb@$$ for sure !!! well I have been putting in a lot of hours at the shop , havent had much time to do anything but work sleep & eat, , , , didnt get to spend any time with the grandsons this week as they were BUSY doing what ever 11 & 13 Year Olds do , No time for the OLD folks hahahaha , & speaking of OLD folks my mother in law is still kicking , she might not remember your name but she is still going strong, , 3 laps arround the hall way of the home is one mile, she must make 20 trips a day , No walker, no idea where she is going but she is bound & determined to get where ever she has in her mind that she is going, yep its just arround the next bend ! .............. since its mothers day , barb wants the standard HUNK OF BEEF , so i will be getting it on soon, dammmmmmm I wish I could talk her into a hunk of veal ,chicken,lamb,or pork some times , BEEF its whats for Dinner ! I got a nice little checkm from the car insurance , that road kill turkey not only had a nice taste but put 135 bucks in my pocket , got a grill from the junk yard for 20 bucks , Bingo , all is fixed ... Not much else going on , the H1N1 bug has not hit me or anyone in my family , YET ................ But younever know, being in the shop, handling the money all day , YEA I wish it was "all day " & being in a smoke filled enviorment all day , sucking down a "few dozen "Cigars a week might not be the best thing for the lungs, BUT you got to die of something , sooner or later, it might as well be something you enjoy hahahaha The grass is looking a little shabby, but with all the rain its way to wet to cut, yea like I would be out there even if it was dry hahahaha , I enjoy living here in the farm country, BUT I think I might be signing up for a lawn service soon, Not that I would cut the grass my self, But she is getting up in years now & with BOTH knees all ready replaced, a hip thats going to be replaced , I think its time to sell the mower & weed wacker & just pay some Professional or a kid to do it ! , the grandsons should get first choice to bid on the job, but then I would have to keep the mower & pick them up feed them & take them home, Hummmmmm, maybe I should just get a lawn service hahahahaha ............ The mutant Mastiff has learned a new trick, he lays on his side in the grass & just lifts his leg, & lets it fly, he isnt Motavated enough to even get up to PEE, dammmm how lazy can you get ?????? not much else going on here in da burgh, catch you all next Sunday , as it will be the day AFTER the cigar crawl so I might not get it posted all that early, so check back later in the day next sunday for the cigar crawl update , Enjoy, Vince
    nice post vince. the bachelor party seemed pretty lame, I mean she could have done a strip tease or something. Paying someone would probably be cheaper to cut your lawn after all the bs that is involved with family. though you could do what my uncle use to do when I was a lad, just make me come over (ride my bike) give me a lawn mower and said, get goin'. All I ever got was some lemonade or water.
    Ummm ,,,brought his girlfriend to the party? I thought you went to a batchelor party to get away from girlfriends.....must be that sensitevity BS ...
    What??? I'm sensitive ..........to bee stings and lightning strikes ...my big 'ol a$$ ...
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    vince, i would rather have had your job on mothers day than mine. nothing like a mothers day in the restaurant biz to wear you out.

Been there DONE that, 40 F****** years , now its time for me to go out for a change, BUT NO she wants it cooked at home , BS! hahahaha Enjoy, Vince
    gmill880:
    Ummm ,,,brought his girlfriend to the party? I thought you went to a batchelor party to get away from girlfriends.....must be that sensitevity BS ...
    I dont think she trusted him !!!!
    phobicsquirrel:
    nice post vince. the bachelor party seemed pretty lame, I mean she could have done a strip tease or something. Paying someone would probably be cheaper to cut your lawn after all the bs that is involved with family. though you could do what my uncle use to do when I was a lad, just make me come over (ride my bike) give me a lawn mower and said, get goin'. All I ever got was some lemonade or water.
    I wish I could get away with that, I used to cut both of my grandparents lawns, & got stuck with a few aunts & uncles, a few times , never did get much more than food & water & a Big kiss , on the forehead, yea I wish I could get the grandsons to do it but evey one has there hand out, what happened to help thy grandfathers? hahaha
    this weeks posting will be a little late, I just got up & need a few QUARTS of coffee to recover from the cigar crawl weekend, check it out at www.cigarlcrawl.com , look for the up date as soon as later today or maybe by thursday , who knows , check back often , this is known as a tease or a come back to the BS ! hahaha Enjoy, Vince
    Hello Sports fans & welcome to the Sunday morning smoke , just a weee bit late, its monday Night & I have sort of recovered from the weekend ! it was a Glorious weekend the 11th anniual western Pa cigar crawl & weekend scotch fest , so lets get started with the regulare BS , spelling not included, .... the week was a blur getting ready for the week end so lets just pass on the food, coffee, & family BS & I will poick it up with my Buddy big bob comming in for the weekend this thursday........... havent seen him since last cigar crawl, he is in mississippi , dammm I think I might have spelled it right well I did forget the capital , , , , , , well , we had a few drinks & a few cigars & he went back home to his parents place & we took his car up & dropped it off at the pittsburgh chop house, ( the reason will be clear later) , well we went back to the cigar shop in Monaca & picked up a few more guys for our trip North to sharon Pa , the starting place of the crawl... checked in the hotel, found the bar took our stuff to the room & returned to the bar, , OK off we go to the Penn Ohio Cigar shop , & Quaker Steak & Lub , a BBQ wing joint & BAR ........ the evening festivitys are in full swing we have reservations for 40 people, we show up, there are strangers in our seats, we had reservations for 8 Pm & the place had been wall to wall since 5 Pm, the interlopers were still there, , the manager thought they would be done by the time we got there, hahahaha, beer & wings in & out in 2.5 Hours, Never going to happen ! , so we were stuck for a place to get together as a group, they did open a small area up for us but it was a non smoking area, that lasted all of 13.2 seconds , pull out the 3 finger case, with a brandy snifter in hand, clip & light a monte #2 contraband cigar with out spilling a drop of the 16 YO Laugavulin ............. & this is after 4 laugavulins all ready, ahhh it pays to Practice ! , so there we are , & the waitstaff is over welmed, the kitchen is under staffed & the food is taking for ever, & we are getting louder all the time, soon the food shows up & it is a real CLUSTERF**K , , no one had any idea we were going to be there, execpt the catering manager, he told the approiate people we were going to be there but No one staffed the place like it should have been,m the Bar tender who was working was the same bar tender we hire for the bus on Saturday & she knew when she saw the schedual that it was going to be a BAD night , I have been at this place many times & the food is top notch, well a few trainees could have done a better job, it was BAD just to be nice, & my Buddies were so discusted with the service they all walked out & stuk me with the check, , I paid for the Bar tap & told the bouncer to KMA if he wanted any of the money for the food witch was still on my plate, , he looed at what we were served & agreed he wouldnt pay for it himself.... problem solved, now to get even with my "BUDDIES" for sticking me with a C Note plus bar tab ! hahahaha well the night was winging along & we all went back to the hotel & thes hospitality room, More cigars & more Booze, , I went back to the room about midnight & fell asleep asap , the alarm is set for 6 AM .............. Bingo its morning & time for a shower & a weee dram, the resturaunt , ( a differnt one ) is in the hotel, now this is the place that forgot we were comming last year & didnt have a breakfast cook shedualled & I made breakfast for the crew & got charged for my own food ! , dammmthat wasa BS move on the part of the management ( who didnt show up either ) , so we get pancakes that have been sitting under a heat lamp & are the consistancy of Hockey pucks shaped like a Frisby ............. I should have cooked again ! , NEXT year I will ! if we go back there next year ! so the Bus shows up, the driver is one of my regular customers , so it looks like it just might be a good day, well , , , , , for the most part it was, BUT I digress, we all get on the bus & go to our first stop, Penn Ohio Cigar shop , & George is READY for us the coffee is made the dounuts are out the girls working have the Hooters Up front & accounted for & we have a great time, back on the bus to stop #2 , Klafters wharehouse in New castle Pa , lots of specials, 4 cigar reps are there with all the new stuff, , just like a kid in a candy shop ! , back on the bus to head for lunch, RESERVATIONS for 55 ...... , places are set, But no one behind the bar, No wait staff, NO food out, we are 20 miutes standing in the parking lot, the kitchen is ready , but no one but the souse chef 7 one line cook are there, No servers , no buss people , no bar tenders, every one is running late , , Now this is the third place we were eating in this weekend, with one more to go & it is again a CLUSTERF**K, well are 12:55 the bar tender shows up, & dammm it was worth the wait, Great hooters, short skirt & CAMANDO ............., the food came out on time & it was great, & I ate to much so what else is new ! hahaha, it started to rain & we headed to KING BEAVER CIGARS , just 5 minutes away, , for a change EVERYTHING WAS READY, I guess I traind my staff well , or maybe it was just time taht things went well for us ! , ( put your money on LUCK not Training hahaha ) , we made fun of the all the first time crawlers ( Nubies) , one had to keep a powdered sugar donut in a plactic bag hung arround his neck all day , others were pack mules for the vets & others were door stops & beer carriers , they all got stomped on hard when they fell asleep, WEDDGIE, Dammmmm thats had to hurt ! hahahaha , dont fall asleep leaning forward with thy tops of you jockys abouve the waist band of the dockers , DAMMMM that had to open up the sinus passages hahahaha , Ok so now were back on the bus heading for our next stop, ( check out www.cigarcrawl.com ) for the exact itenerary of course caddie shack was on the VCR , Hurry fast forward to the T1Ts .... Ok we are heading back to the city & we get stuck in a traffic jam, 45 minutes & then the driver misses his turn & we have to go about 5 miles out of our way to get the bus turned arrond, , so we get there a little late , well it was a quick stop, I was able to pop in a bath & body shop, picked up some fancy soap & lotions for the wife ( I need all the brownie points I can get ) & we are off, Lat sop, , great pplace, lots of coffee scotch & cigars, a little bigger than king Beaver, But the humidor is a lot smaller , , great selection for the shop , & I got a candle for the wife, again More Brownie points & we were off to the Chop House for a HUNK of PRIME RIB , & it was worth the trip , dammm you could still see the wip marks on the meat where the jocky had been hitting it 20 minutes before , & it was SOOOO GOOOOD , well the dinner was Fantastic & the bar was well stocked & the cigars were being smoked by all, the cake was wonderful & service was great, Now we have been on the bus since 8 AM, it is now almost 12:30 AM the rain has stopped & we are abot 75 /90 Minuts from the starting poing hotel, & Thats WHY we left a Car there on Friday, just 20 Minuts from the cigar shop & Home base, for me, .... a lot of Tired drunks had an hour ride north , & then stay the night OR drive back home, well we saved the trip North, & went home , all in all it was a GRAND time, looking Forward ro WPCC # 12 next year ! Enjoy, Vince
    Vince I think you could have fun anywhere ...sounds great man...