Home Non Cigar Related

PRAYER REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Still with you Jake, it goes without saying.. Prayers continue for your family.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    kaspera79:
    Still with you Jake, it goes without saying.. Prayers continue for your family.
    Amen.
  • BombayBombay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    Still Praying Jsnake.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    say a few prayers for a family that my son's have gone to school with and we have known for years. The mom lost her battle with cancer this afternoon. She is survived by 2 daughters and a son and her husband with the youngest being 12. I can't even imagine losing my mother now much less having to live without her from the time i was 12.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    brianetz1:
    say a few prayers for a family that my son's have gone to school with and we have known for years. The mom lost her battle with cancer this afternoon. She is survived by 2 daughters and a son and her husband with the youngest being 12. I can't even imagine losing my mother now much less having to live without her from the time i was 12.
    Tragic to lose someone at any age, but particularly a young mom. Praying for this family, Brian. Thanks for posting.
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    brianetz1:
    Sorry to hear of this loss. Will be praying for the family....she is in a better place now :-)
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    brianetz1:
    This family is in my prayers. Cancer is a terrible disease.

My daughter has paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria. It is a rare blood disorder in which the body's immune system produces antibodies that destroy red blood cells in cold weather. The Dr. Thinks it was triggered by a virus but they do not know what virus and they are continuing to investigate and run tests. As of now she is out of PICU and in a regular room. She looks better, feels better, and is acting like herself. Off of oxygen and monitors now. More blood tests in the morning. Possibly going home Monday. Brothers got to visit her tonight. Thank you all for the continued prayers.
    Double posted.
    jsnake:
    brianetz1:
    This family is in my prayers. Cancer is a terrible disease.

My daughter has paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria. It is a rare blood disorder in which the body's immune system produces antibodies that destroy red blood cells in cold weather. The Dr. Thinks it was triggered by a virus but they do not know what virus and they are continuing to investigate and run tests. As of now she is out of PICU and in a regular room. She looks better, feels better, and is acting like herself. Off of oxygen and monitors now. More blood tests in the morning. Possibly going home Monday. Brothers got to visit her tonight. Thank you all for the continued prayers.
    Thanking God that they were able to identify the disorder. That's a big step toward a solution! Will continue praying for wisdom as they run and evaluate tests, peace for you and the family, comfort and healing for your daughter. What a week you all have had! May there be rest and encouragement in the days ahead!
    Please pray for my friend, Jamie. Her husband worked with me and passed away last year of heart failure at age 39. She has two young boys at home and takes care of her mother. Her mom was diagnosed with cancer several months ago, and just recently fell and tore a hamstring. She is facing surgery and a long period of recovery, during which Jamie will be unable to work because she'll have to take care of her mom. This, of course, will cause major financial challenges.
    Puff_Dougie:
    Please pray for my friend, Jamie. Her husband worked with me and passed away last year of heart failure at age 39. She has two young boys at home and takes care of her mother. Her mom was diagnosed with cancer several months ago, and just recently fell and tore a hamstring. She is facing surgery and a long period of recovery, during which Jamie will be unable to work because she'll have to take care of her mom. This, of course, will cause major financial challenges.
    Adding Jamie to our prayers.
    She came home today! We still have to take precautions and do follow up visits for the next several weeks. The doctors are amazed she survived this and had actually told my wife and mother in law to prepare for the worst. They are trying to figure out what triggered this and further see if it is a one time fluke or something she has to live with for the rest of her life. Very rare blood disorder. Thank you all so much for the prayers. Yes, I thanked you already and will again and again because I can never put to words how grateful and thankful I am to still have my daughter in my life.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,024
    Hey guys, my grandfather passed away early this afternoon, so if y'all could keep my family, especially my grandma in your prayers I would really appreciate it, thanks!
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    taythegibs:
    Hey guys, my grandfather passed away early this afternoon, so if y'all could keep my family, especially my grandma in your prayers I would really appreciate it, thanks!
    You got it. Good thoughts and prayers heading your way.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Sorry to hear that Taylor, my best to you and yours.
    taythegibs:
    Sorry for your family's loss. Praying for you all.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    brianetz1:
    Prayers sent Brian. So sad
    jsnake:
    taythegibs:
    Me too!
    jsnake:
    She came home today! We still have to take precautions and do follow up visits for the next several weeks. The doctors are amazed she survived this and had actually told my wife and mother in law to prepare for the worst. They are trying to figure out what triggered this and further see if it is a one time fluke or something she has to live with for the rest of her life. Very rare blood disorder. Thank you all so much for the prayers. Yes, I thanked you already and will again and again because I can never put to words how grateful and thankful I am to still have my daughter in my life.
    Great to hear Jsnake! Hopefully she continues to recover.
    jsnake:
    taythegibs:
    Praying Tay!
    Thanks for the support guys, I flew home today and went straight to the funeral home for visitation. I think that helping my grandmother up to the casket for the viewing was the hardest thing I've ever done... The funeral is tomorrow and I just hope I can make it through it.
    Thankful that you can be there for her, Tay. Continuing to pray for you all!
    Glad you made it safe Tay.
    I don't know how much more I can take. We made it through the funeral alright, my grandmother got some much needed closure but when I got her back home we found that some lowlife piece of *** had busted in her back door and gone through the house. I had to go through and clear the house to make sure the mother fucker was gone and I almost wish that they were still in there so I could have taken care of it with a simple movement. What kind of trash does that?!?!?!
  • EoLEoL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 178
    taythegibs:
    I don't know how much more I can take. We made it through the funeral alright, my grandmother got some much needed closure but when I got her back home we found that some lowlife piece of *** had busted in her back door and gone through the house. I had to go through and clear the house to make sure the mother fucker was gone and I almost wish that they were still in there so I could have taken care of it with a simple movement. What kind of trash does that?!?!?!
    What??? SCREW THAT... I am so sorry bro :((
    taythegibs:
    That makes me angry. You know some POS probably saw when the services were and decided to do that. I wish you would have caught him in the act. Sorry she had to go through that as well.
    If you all wouldn't mind praying for my daughter again and my son I would appreciate it. My daughter was doing well but the meds she was on supressed her immune system so her body would quit attacking itself. Now she is sick again but it is a fever and a cough. Went to the Dr. today and the Dr gave her meds for breathing treatments at home and wants to keep an eye on things. So far the blood disorder isn't kicking in but I am watching her closely.

My wife just took our 4 year old son Gavin to the ER. He has been sick with a fever and cough as well. He went to the Dr. earlier today but tonight his fever spiked to almost 106 and it isn't coming down much.

I am staying home with my daughter and other kids and had to take off work. When she was in the hospital my 1 year old had the fever and cough thing going and is almost done with his antibiotics. He is doing well now but the other kids are sick including my 13 year old son and my wife is sick too.

Guys, my nerves are shot. After what happened with my daughter I am scared to death and this all has me on edge and unable to sleep. We have been battling sickness since Christmas and I do not know if it just keeps getting passed around from kid to kid or what is going on. I just want to pray to God for healing and to take these worries from me. I hate seeing my kids in pain or sick and we take precautions but we just can't seem to get everyone healthy at the same time. Clean house. Wash hands. Try to keep whoever is sick away from everyone else.

Thank you all.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    jsnake:
    taythegibs:
    That makes me angry. You know some POS probably saw when the services were and decided to do that. I wish you would have caught him in the act. Sorry she had to go through that as well.
    This is becoming more and more common, and often, just look for the family member who "couldn't make it" for the services.
  • flowbeeflowbee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    jsnake:
    If you all wouldn't mind praying for my daughter again and my son I would appreciate it. My daughter was doing well but the meds she was on supressed her immune system so her body would quit attacking itself. Now she is sick again but it is a fever and a cough. Went to the Dr. today and the Dr gave her meds for breathing treatments at home and wants to keep an eye on things. So far the blood disorder isn't kicking in but I am watching her closely.

My wife just took our 4 year old son Gavin to the ER. He has been sick with a fever and cough as well. He went to the Dr. earlier today but tonight his fever spiked to almost 106 and it isn't coming down much.

I am staying home with my daughter and other kids and had to take off work. When she was in the hospital my 1 year old had the fever and cough thing going and is almost done with his antibiotics. He is doing well now but the other kids are sick including my 13 year old son and my wife is sick too.

Guys, my nerves are shot. After what happened with my daughter I am scared to death and this all has me on edge and unable to sleep. We have been battling sickness since Christmas and I do not know if it just keeps getting passed around from kid to kid or what is going on. I just want to pray to God for healing and to take these worries from me. I hate seeing my kids in pain or sick and we take precautions but we just can't seem to get everyone healthy at the same time. Clean house. Wash hands. Try to keep whoever is sick away from everyone else.

Thank you all.

You and your family are in our prayers everyday! Hope your children are doing better.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Praying for your daughter and you and your family Jake.