Home General Discussion

What did you get today?

Comments

• danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    jliu:
    C-LOVE:
    jliu:
    C-LOVE:
    Got these #lapalina #alison #cigars today. Great cigar but QC must be poor, first box I had to send back because 5 out if 10 were damaged. This box has a few damaged caps as well. To pricey of a cigar for this to be acceptable. Never had a problem with an
    fantastic grab!
    What, you want one? Remember what happened last time?
    haha i'm good dude. I have a box :) Still very much appreciate your cigars from last time!
    Chris, Month boy just texted me saying he's been looking to try one of these. He's sick of his over rated Cohibas.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    C-LOVE:
    jliu:
    C-LOVE:
    Got these #lapalina #alison #cigars today. Great cigar but QC must be poor, first box I had to send back because 5 out if 10 were damaged. This box has a few damaged caps as well. To pricey of a cigar for this to be acceptable. Never had a problem with an
    fantastic grab!
    haha i'm good dude. I have a box :) Still very much appreciate your cigars from last time!
    Chris, Month boy just texted me saying he's been looking to try one of these. He's sick of his over rated Cohibas.
    great pick up! Them things are tasty...got a couple I'm trying to age
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    Lee.mcglynn:
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    C-LOVE:
    jliu:
    C-LOVE:
    fantastic grab!
    Chris I ? U
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    Glock1975:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    C-LOVE:
    jliu:
    C-LOVE:
    fantastic grab!
    Chris I ? U
    Hey Chris, DZR just tweeted "ain't got no La Palina Alison love for SS man :("
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    1x DE T52 Toro, 1x Camacho Blackout Robusto, 1x Surrogates Tramp Stamp, and 1x 6-pack Molson Canadian

Should make for a good weekend, just need the rain to stop so I can fire up one of the smokes!
  • C-LOVEC-LOVE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    jliu:
    Glock1975:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    C-LOVE:
    jliu:
    C-LOVE:
    fantastic grab!
    Chris I ? U
    I'm not surprised, I heard he got a hell of a package yesterday and was upset he didn't get any Goldie #2's.
  • Chuck NChuck N Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 792
    They look wonderful. Such a big box for 10 sticks.
    C-LOVE:
    jliu:
    Glock1975:
    Lee.mcglynn:
    danielzreyes:
    jliu:
    C-LOVE:
    jliu:
    C-LOVE:
    fantastic grab!
    Chris I ? U
    I'm not surprised, I heard he got a hell of a package yesterday and was upset he didn't get any Goldie #2's.
    yall need to suck on a red dot
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,070
    And I had resisted so well through March, then I caved… Beard!!! (and his accomplice Sean L.)

• ShadowInTheMoonShadowInTheMoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 486
    Chemnitz:
    And I had resisted so well through March, then I caved… Beard!!! (and his accomplice Sean L.)

Wow what a line up. Enjoy them
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    Chemnitz:

good googly moogly
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    curtpick:
    Chemnitz:

good googly moogly
    Amen to that. Thats a nice little sampler you got there.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    Must be something wrong with your camera. I see 2 rows of those beautiful cigars.
    nice selection there. Enjoy
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    My first emilio's. Can't wait to try em:

• curtiscr79curtiscr79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 859
    Must resist the cooler, must resist the cooler. Scored a new 200ct humidor to prevent the need of a coolidor.

photo 20140404_193631_zpsnr2uyx1b.jpg

photo 20140404_193651_zpstiaugsdn.jpg
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    curtiscr79:
    Must resist the cooler, must resist the cooler. Scored a new 200ct humidor to prevent the need of a coolidor.

It just prolongs the inevitable! I'm already looking at getting a bigger cooler!
  • curtiscr79curtiscr79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 859
    reggie713:
    curtiscr79:

It just prolongs the inevitable! I'm already looking at getting a bigger cooler!
    Between the this and summer time coming up, I think it would be a long while before I will need to move to a cooler.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    curtiscr79:

Good luck
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Came home last night to this excitement from Whole Leaf Tobacco:

Piloto Cubano Viso

Dominican Seco

Dominican Binder

Criollo 98 Seco

Brazillian Mata Fina

Ecuador Maduro Wrapper

Criollo 98 Viso

Have not opened any of these sealed bags yet cause I know I'll get lost in the aroma for hours soon as I do. But they sure look delicious.

First thing I built when we moved in here was a 10' work bench with a 2x3 top and 2x6 legs and a 10' 4x4 clamping bar. The whole deal rolls on one end like a wheelbarrow. A couple weeks ago I horsed that hefty sucker up on our newly re-roofed porch which I intend to rebuild. Weather is finally finally finally breaking. I'm going to take these leaves out there on fine evenings, lay it out on that work bench, and roll up batches of perfectos. My mold spits out 5" x 48rg.

Given the ingredients shown above, I'm open to suggestions. What do you think might make a tasty blend? Note that I adore the Ave Maria, the Nestor 2000 Reserve, the Torano 1916 Cam, that moody nutmeg flavor profile. Spice without a peppery bite.

I also have a small bag of dark fire cured Shirazi which a BOTL from Virginia grew and cured on his farmette, and sent to me last year. There's enough to flavor a couple batches. Smells a lot like Latakia. Then I have a variety of Burleys as well. Taking suggestions what to roll that smoky meat flavor into as well.

Can't wait.

• Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    That looks awesome, web! I love criollo's... they sort of have that bitter spice (like cinnamon or nutmeg) without the pepper. Mmm and that mata fina looks good... would those work toether?
    A smoking jacket! Corduroy on other side. Wife hates it, lol!! photo 20140404_204736_zpsbeafir0e.jpg
    Gray4lines:
    A smoking jacket! Corduroy on other side. Wife hates it, lol!! photo 20140404_204736_zpsbeafir0e.jpg
    haha nice! I smoked the cigar last night. Then I started googling the actual jackets. I want kne now lol
    danielzreyes:
    Gray4lines:
    A smoking jacket! Corduroy on other side. Wife hates it, lol!!
    haha nice! I smoked the cigar last night. Then I started googling the actual jackets. I want kne now lol
    I need to grab some of the kelner smoking jackets. Yes, you totally should get one! Maybe some matching socks too
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    Gray4lines:
    Nice! you're classin' up this joint now!
  • ejgormanejgorman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 891
    Got this nice package from Sherm (rsherman24) yesterday from the Make a Wish thread! Unbelievable selection including the first Tat in my humi! Much appreciated! Can't wait to try these! image
  • ehehatehehat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,534
    Scratch one from my bucket list.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    Gray4lines:
    we talked about all getting smoking jackets for a vherf......you will have to join in when we do smoking jacket tonight
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    brianetz1:
    Gray4lines:
    we talked about all getting smoking jackets for a vherf......you will have to join in when we do smoking jacket tonight
    AWESOME!!
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    Bigshizza:
    brianetz1:
    Gray4lines:
    AWESOME!!

Hmmm.....I see more then 4 lines of gray...
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    ehehat:
    Scratch one from my bucket list.
    Nice Pick-up. Where'd you find those?