Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Pre-Gang War Brainstorming

SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
Hey guys, it's almost time to begin our annual, summer-long, East Coast/West Coast Gang War. Before we officially launch it and start the sign up process, I would like to entertain any ideas we have to make this year's the best yet. I have discussed this with people in the past and I can't remember if any of it was posted or just talked about in person, so I'll throw out the first idea. Instead of having just one bomb at a time, we will instead coordinate a bomb being tossed in both directions each week. I think the best way would be to plan on having bombs sent on Monday. That way, they are received by Wednesday/Thursday and that victim has until the next Monday to coordinate their attack. This way, we have two bombs per week with a little more structure. It also adds the dynamic of simultaneous bombs giving it a more war-like feel. Also, if we have, for example, 12 people per side, we know it will be over in 12 weeks and actually be a summer event as opposed to a 7/8 month long game. Last year, some people were waiting a loooong time to participate and it took a little away from it. So, do we like this idea for a structure? Is there an issue with it that I'm missing? Do you have other ideas to make it better? Other guidelines that might make it better? Whatcha think? I'd like to start the sign up in a couple weeks and have the bombs start flying the first week of June.

Comments

• Chuck NChuck N Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 792
    Sounds like a good plan to me. Hopefully people will stick to the every Monday bomb rule.
  • Chuck NChuck N Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 792
    You might want to redistrict the East /West border since the West just crushed last year!! Lol
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Chuck N:
    You might want to redistrict the East /West border since the West just crushed last year!! Lol
    I'll gladly put you on the East to ensure not being bombed by you! Lol
  • perkinkeperkinke Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,562
    Sounds like a good plan to me.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Since I am in the midwest I will just look up and watch the fireworks.
    jsnake:
    Since I am in the midwest I will just look up and watch the fireworks.
    Nah, pick a side and talk some trash!
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Wessssssyyyyyyyyde!
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    i cannot join this year. as roman destroyed me last year. but still. west siiiiiIIIIIIIIIDE
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    I'm out as well. You guys might have a chance this year. West Side pho Life.
    james40:
    I'm out as well. You guys might have a chance this year. West Side pho Life.
    I didn't join the last one. I'll try to make you guys proud. Killa Kali son! GLS Pho (#2 large) Lyfe!
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    Tony,
    Here's a thought (maybe rum fueled, maybe not). Maybe, instead of an East / West side we just make it a gang war? Have everyone sign up and have two team captains pick their team members. This way, not only will you have the dynamic of simultaneous bombs but no one will know who is on who's team. I'm sure there are more details to it but all in all it shouldn't be too hard. Again, just a thought. Any way it goes, I'm in
    Todd, I like your style! I wouldn't be opposed to ditching the East/West delineation. Everyone else, thoughts?
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    Just sign me up and pick me a side. Im good for whatever.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    I agree with Curt, as long as I get to blow someone up I'm good with it!
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    curtpick:
    Just sign me up and pick me a side. Im good for whatever.
    Uh oh....Big Shot!
  • bert873bert873 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 854
    Just read through last years war and WOW. After seeing the carnage that was laid forth by you guys I think I'll just watch from the sidelines. There's no way I could keep up with all the A-bombs you guys are dropping around here.
  • flowbeeflowbee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    Maybe someone on the East team can clue me in on how to participate. I wasnt around last year to play.
    SleevePlz:
    Todd, I like your style! I wouldn't be opposed to ditching the East/West delineation. Everyone else, thoughts?
    I like it. But if I'm picked last I don't want to play. Lol
    danielzreyes:
    SleevePlz:
    This is my one concern. Perhaps the captains could do their draft privately and then release the whole teams at once?
    flowbee:
    Maybe someone on the East team can clue me in on how to participate. I wasnt around last year to play.
    Here's last year's thread: http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/683518.aspx
    How are the captains picked?
    SleevePlz:
    danielzreyes:
    SleevePlz:
    This is my one concern. Perhaps the captains could do their draft privately and then release the whole teams at once?
    Tony, my thought was that all the names get PM'd to you and then you send the list to both team captains and they can draft through PM. The only restrictions should be that the opposing team members cannot be mentioned by the team captain. I was thinking that once a team member is hit, then the captain gives that member their target. I think it'll keep outside interest in the game as well as every one involved, with the exceptions of the team captain, will be just as surprised with the hit.

DZR, you are always picked last, you should be used to it by now. COHIBA's RULE!!!!!!!!!!
    Rain:
    How are the captains picked?
    When sign ups start I think if you are in and are interested in being a team captain just mention it. All those wishing to be captains go into a hat and the first two out are captains. Of course, it is just my suggestion.
    Todd, thanks for all the input! This is exactly why I threw this out there. I'm more of a logistics guy than an idea guy. Keep the thoughts coming!
    SleevePlz:
    Todd, thanks for all the input! This is exactly why I threw this out there. I'm more of a logistics guy than an idea guy. Keep the thoughts coming!
    I'm really more of a beer / rum guy..............................
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    Tony, I was gonna toss this out via PM, but I wanted to theme this gang war and the theme is music. Example, I'm Team Led Zeppelin. With my bomb of sticks, I say why my team is far more superior than your Pink Floyd (or other band name) group. You can have four teams and the top four bands are the teams. I dunno, now that I type this out, it's a little hair brained but could be cool. You could even do metal, then rock, r&b, rap, etc.
    Team Metallica has to be one..... m/(-.(-.(-.-).-).-)
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Team biggie!! East coast baby!!
    bandyt09:
    SleevePlz:
    I'm really more of a beer / rum guy..............................
    I'm a beer and hosiery kinda guy
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    onestrangeone:
    I agree with Curt, as long as I get to blow someone up I'm good with it!
    Ill join the wicked west! There's enough of us in CA to destroy this entire board!