Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Pre-Gang War Brainstorming

2»

Comments

• bert873bert873 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 854
    Rain:
    Team Metallica has to be one..... m/(-.(-.(-.-).-).-)
    If there's a team Metallica I may have to work a few extra hours at work so i can be a member of it. This can be our battle cry: "Take a look to the sky just before you die It is the last time you will"
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    bert873:
    Rain:
    If there's a team Metallica I may have to work a few extra hours at work so i can be a member of it. This can be our battle cry: "Take a look to the sky just before you die It is the last time you will"
    for whom the bell tolls (good book), time marches on.
  • blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    bert873:
    Rain:
    Listened to that album while grilling in the backyard today. Team Metallica would kill em all. They started in CA so perfect for the west.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    blutattoo:
    bert873:
    Rain:
    Listened to that album while grilling in the backyard today. Team Metallica would kill em all. They started in CA so perfect for the west.
    Team Metallica blows........

Go team Air Supply!!
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    SleevePlz:
    jsnake:
    Since I am in the midwest I will just look up and watch the fireworks.
    Nah, pick a side and talk some trash!
    yeah I'll pic which ever side is gonna win. Gots me some black and milds.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    james40:
    I'm out as well. You guys might have a chance this year. West Side pho Life.
    WTH???
    I'm in.... I nominate Todd and Teach as captains..
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    Bigshizza:
    I second those nominations !
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    curtpick:
    Bigshizza:
    I second those nominations !
    If this is the route the game goes, as much as this is appreciated, I suggest letting captains be open to anyone who wants to be, rather than nominations.
  • Chuck NChuck N Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 792
    Quite frankly, Id be a little concerned that Todd might name the West team Justin Bieber. Just saying, we wouldnt stand a chance against team Metallica. Lol
    Chuck N:
    Quite frankly, Id be a little concerned that Todd might name the West team Justin Bieber. Just saying, we wouldnt stand a chance against team Metallica. Lol
    Chuck, it would be Team One Direction, duh...............................
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    I'm in and Dow for whatever format we do!
  • ejgormanejgorman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 891
    After reading through last year's thread, I think I'll have to wait until next year. Not sure I have the artillery to participate yet and my purchasing power has been temporarily suspended until the bank makes a decision on our home loan. Looks like fun though!
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    ejgorman:
    After reading through last year's thread, I think I'll have to wait until next year. Not sure I have the artillery to participate yet and my purchasing power has been temporarily suspended until the bank makes a decision on our home loan. Looks like fun though!
    yep in the same boat.....i am already getting scared for the christmas fun and games around here.....i can't add this to the list.
  • chrisloldschrislolds Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 421
    brianetz1:
    ejgorman:
    yep in the same boat.....i am already getting scared for the christmas fun and games around here.....i can't add this to the list.
    Can someone link the old threads or possibly explain to me the seriousness of the gang wars here? I'd like to jump in on this and was thinking about jumping in feet first but a few of these comments have me worried... This a costly war? Is there an exit plan in sight? Someone please post realistic details or PM me about the logistics of it!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    chrislolds:
    brianetz1:
    ejgorman:
    Can someone link the old threads or possibly explain to me the seriousness of the gang wars here? I'd like to jump in on this and was thinking about jumping in feet first but a few of these comments have me worried... This a costly war? Is there an exit plan in sight? Someone please post realistic details or PM me about the logistics of it!
    Here's last year's event.
    http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/683518.aspx
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    this aint for the faint of hearts. it's an all out thing. please prepare thy hearts.
  • chrisloldschrislolds Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 421
    SleevePlz:
    chrislolds:
    brianetz1:
    ejgorman:
    Here's last year's event.
    http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/683518.aspx
    Ya.... maybe next year... That ish looks like the big leagues, I'm still in the pee wee leagues...
    After reading through this thread again I'm not sure any of us really qualify to participate if we are comparing to what others have sent in the past. Seriously, who here can and is willing to, send an Opus X charity box as Roman did last year? I know I'm not. If, the only reason people get into this "pass" or whatever you call it is to get high end quality stuff or sends out stuff to get even better stuff in return, shouldn't be in here, IMHO. I participate in this and my bombing hijinks because I enjoy sharing some cigars I have that others may not get an opportunity to try. I never expect anything back, ever. Even with trades, my end of the cigars usually goes out to someone new here or just starting or a college student with limited funds.

This is a game for all to participate in, doesn't matter what you have; however, I suggest that one should have a good amount of cigars and not empty their humidor to participate. It took me over a year being on here before I sent out my first bomb and it wasn't great but it was some of the stuff I enjoyed the most.

This forum has some of the most generous and humble people I have seen. Those that participate in passes, games, etc. know what they are getting into when they sign up for things like this. If they don't like what they receive then it is up to them as to whether to sign up for these types of things in the future.

This game was set up to be fun and promote interaction between members. Let's not make it bigger than that.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    I want to be on this guy's ^^^ team because I love him.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    bandyt09:
    This game was set up to be fun and promote interaction between members. Let's not make it bigger than that.
    Exactly.
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    Bandytodd is right. My comment wasn't insinuating one should only send out very high end sticks
    SleevePlz:
    bandyt09:
    Exactly.
    Yup
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,070
    Bigshizza:
    SleevePlz:
    bandyt09:
    Exactly.
    Yup

In that case, I don't know what I'm in for, but I'm in. Especially if I get to blow stuff up.
  • ejgormanejgorman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 891
    bandyt09:
    After reading through this thread again I'm not sure any of us really qualify to participate if we are comparing to what others have sent in the past. Seriously, who here can and is willing to, send an Opus X charity box as Roman did last year? I know I'm not. If, the only reason people get into this "pass" or whatever you call it is to get high end quality stuff or sends out stuff to get even better stuff in return, shouldn't be in here, IMHO. I participate in this and my bombing hijinks because I enjoy sharing some cigars I have that others may not get an opportunity to try. I never expect anything back, ever. Even with trades, my end of the cigars usually goes out to someone new here or just starting or a college student with limited funds.

This is a game for all to participate in, doesn't matter what you have; however, I suggest that one should have a good amount of cigars and not empty their humidor to participate. It took me over a year being on here before I sent out my first bomb and it wasn't great but it was some of the stuff I enjoyed the most.

This forum has some of the most generous and humble people I have seen. Those that participate in passes, games, etc. know what they are getting into when they sign up for things like this. If they don't like what they receive then it is up to them as to whether to sign up for these types of things in the future.

My hesitation had more to do with quantity than quality. I wouldn't expect willingness to drop an Opus charity box on someone to be a prerequisite of participation in any of the games here. You all seem to be beyond generous and, to be honest, the cigar community has even restored my faith in humanity to an extent. After taking stock of my inventory, I could probably participate. I'd have to give the captains my work address though since we might be moving over the summer. I'm in!