Home Non Cigar Related

Ro's question of the day.....

Comments

• webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Bigshizza:
    Unemployed for almost 2 years... and it SUCKS! Previous employer was 5 years.
    That's Looney Toons! Two years!

Why don't you just apply for one of those millions of green jobs created by the stimulus?

Other than when I was a long distance solo sailor, the longest I have been out of a job was straight out of college with a worthless liberal arts degree, took a whole couple months to get employed. I have no clue what a grown man does to break out of two years' unemployment. This's got me depressed. I would say good luck, but it's past time for that. Our company has gone from nine employees to four. Client after client has moved overseas or gone out of business. Barely hanging on in our shop. It could happen to me, too, any day. My age, what's the chances I'd ever get employed again?

• clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    It'll be 3 years in a few days. Surprised myself by staying with this company for so long. They underpay me but the job security is awesome! I've found a comfortable nitch here.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    Going on 18 years.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Just passed 2 years on October 1st.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    I worked 38 years for the same company and have been retired since Jan 06.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    14 years for me
  • james40james40 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,450
    8 years for me.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    webmost:
    Bigshizza:
    Unemployed for almost 2 years... and it SUCKS! Previous employer was 5 years.
    That's Looney Toons! Two years!

Why don't you just apply for one of those millions of green jobs created by the stimulus?

Other than when I was a long distance solo sailor, the longest I have been out of a job was straight out of college with a worthless liberal arts degree, took a whole couple months to get employed. I have no clue what a grown man does to break out of two years' unemployment. This's got me depressed. I would say good luck, but it's past time for that. Our company has gone from nine employees to four. Client after client has moved overseas or gone out of business. Barely hanging on in our shop. It could happen to me, too, any day. My age, what's the chances I'd ever get employed again?

I go to school F/T and work at an internship but I want to bring some dollars in
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Unemployed full time student for the past month and a half. Before that, it was 2 years working for Bell Mobility. I should be getting security work temporarily for the Pan Am games during the summer though before I start my second school year.
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    7 1/2 yrs self employed. Independent contractor before that, I haven't had 'Real' job since the mid 90's
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Do you remember the first person to bomb you on ccom and/or the first person you bombed? I sure as hell don't and I feel crappy for it.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    smoke em if you got em:
    Do you remember the first person to bomb you on ccom and/or the first person you bombed? I sure as hell don't and I feel crappy for it.

I remember you and Bigshizza sending bombs at the same time and being so excited I mixed them up, and thanked the wrong person for the Gurkha Ancient Warrior, and continued to mix them up forever. I had no idea of what I was getting into on this forum. It was you and BigShizza....right? My first bombs were 4 anonymous and evidently nobody got them. Homeland Security....?
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    smoke em if you got em:

I did a newb trade with Curt and fell for the Newsletter with Mike. Don't remember who I bombed first
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    First person I bombed I didn't even know there was a cigar.com. It was total strangers, along the Blue Ridge Parkway, and that's how Johnny Sotweedseed was born. Also how I began smoking cigars.

Soon after I found this place, I think it was Catfish who pretended to be gathering the A-team, he called it, all newbs, to bomb Mike. Supposed to be all anonymous. Yeah, right. Made my package anonymous, but there just weren't any other newbs from Dull-Aware, so Mike figured out it was me. Next thing I know, Mike hits me good.

Then I just had to hit Kuzi, cause he's the teacher.

• 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    I remember my first trade was with Laker and I believe the first person to Bomb me was Boyd and Todd (Bandyt09), but can't recall for the life of me who I bombed first.
  • First WarriorFirst Warrior Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 707
    Newby trade with JD and a bomb from Mike. Got Mike back yesterday. I think i sent my first bomb to 3stogies.
    first bomb received was from Mike first bomb sent was to Mr. Daniel Reyes.....not sure if you can call it a bomb, but he sent me a stogie stand out of the blue so i returned fire. Went back and found the thread and realized that i basically sent him crap that i am pretty sure he just dissected
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    smoke em if you got em:
    My first trade was with Jiunn and my first bomb was from either Mike or John Gibson.... I sent my first package to Interpim(?) as a group bomb before he was sent out to seas
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    smoke em if you got em:
    oh man....you're really joggin my memory today R

i know i did a few trades (buckingw, greg, jhewey) and a couple games before (lotto, movie) before bombs.....

but iirc, the first bomb in was from Mr BandyT Todd who hooked me up with some Nubs and Graycliffs
    and first bomb out: ?? can't remember ?? and that was before i was using click-and-ship so i can't "cheat" and look it up lol
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    Pretty sure my first bombing was from Rain. He sent me a MOW anthology which was an awesome bomb to get. Stubble got me with a nubber and some sticks early on, as well. Jim was right after that, I think. I remember the first few I sent out but unsure of the order.
  • Ken LightKen Light Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,524
    smoke em if you got em:
    Never found out who sent my first. And I don't remember who I bombed last, let alone first. I can't even figure out who I'm going to bomb NEXT half the time.
  • MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Jim or Mike, Mike or Jim. Both came around the same time. I could go back and look. Medic took care of me in my newb trade.

Last one was from Randy giving me some Quesada goodness.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    I know was mike who got me first(mvw). I sent out like 3 my first trip to the p.o .for the life of me I can't remember who the went to...is that terrible?
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    my first one was with Ddub... and i realize now that they were some *** ass sticks. I hope to make up for that soon...

Aj
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Good question, Ro! It's been almost a year, but I remember the first bomb I sent was to Ken Light. When I first joined I was trying to value a humidor I had picked up at a B&M so I could price it on eBay. Ken did some extra research and was very helpful, so I sent him some sticks as a thank-you.

First bombs I received came from DZR and TwistedStem. A stogie stand and a bookmark on the same day! First cigar bomb came from Walt Basil, as I recall.

Which reminds me... DOES EVERYONE KNOW THAT WALT'S BIRTHDAY IS COMING UP ON OCTOBER 24TH???????
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Have you ever broke a bone(s)? Thankfully I have never broken anything.
    no bones broken, tore/strained just about every single ligament and muscle but no bones broken.
  • wahooschockwahooschock Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 641
    Both hands , a few ribs, my nose and cheek , and my leg and foot. Hands were my fault , punching walls and metal doors.most of the rest is dear ol dad.and I was jumped twice.
    wahooschock:
    Both hands , a few ribs, my nose and cheek , and my leg and foot. Hands were my fault , punching walls and metal doors.most of the rest is dear ol dad.and I was jumped twice.
    Damn dude!