Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

My Favorite Brands 5K Pass

SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
Hey guys, look who’s starting another pass. I know, I know. It seems like I’m doing a pass every 1000 posts. Turn out, I AM! This pass will be to commemorate my 5000 posts. At this point in my cigar career, I have really come to know what it is I like and don’t like. This pass will reflect that. It will begin and end only with cigars that I love. That’s right, the only cigars allowed in this pass are ones to which I approve. Since you are not mind readers, I’ll list them. Pretty much anything made by Kelner/Davidoff, Pepin, Litto, Habanos, Fuente, or Padron. Some of those should be obvious which sticks it includes. Kelner/Davidoff would include Davidoff, Zino Platinum, AVO, Camacho, and Room101. Pepin includes My Father, DPG, Tatuaje, and most other sticks made at his factory. If you are not aware, Litto Gomez makes his namesake and LFD. Habanos, Fuente, and Padron should be self explanatory. So, we aren’t looking at a small list, but not a wide open one either. I will start the pass with cigars from this list. I expect all substitutions in the pass to be from this list. That way, when you sign up, you will have a very good idea of what will be in the pass and what you should plan on putting into the pass. So if that list looks like the contents of your humidor, sign up! To participate in this pass, you should be an established member of the trading/bombing community here. I guess that would mean that you have been involved in sending 3 or more trades or bombs (or contest wins, PIFs, etc). You should have a decent selection of the sticks listed above. The last thing you want is to only have 3 possible puts and have all 3 of them already in the pass. Which leads to the next rule, avoid duplicates. Passes are about variety and having three of the same cigar defeats that. Takes and puts should be equal on a per cigar basis. Do not take a $20 cigar and replace it with four $5 cigars. That dilutes the pass and in general is a big no-no in all passes. Don’t take a $10 cigar and replace with two $10 cigars. That’s a bigger no-no!!!! Lol, my goal is not to come out ahead in the end. I just want to provide some fun on the forum and provide the opportunity to try some new sticks. My goal is to keep this pass on the smaller side. I won't put a firm cap on the number of participants, but I try to keep my passes in the low teens or less. Don't need this thread taking up space next year! I would also like to keep the size of the pass (physically) a little smaller. It will start out around a dozen sticks. It should end that way, as well. I would appreciate if the last guys on the list can ship this for around $5, not $15. Soooooo.........who wants in???? Participants: Darktower007 jimmyv723 kingjk729 rsherman24 Lee.mcglynn smoke em thedjfish matkn293 onestrangeone danielzreyes jliu blutattoo Bigshizza SleevePlz

Comments