Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Try my Liquid Pass

Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
So I got an idea that I think at least a few of us will be really excited about. After reading/posting in the various "whatcha drinkin" and "what booze did you get" threads... and staring at a 50ml bottle on my desk this one hit me like a roundhouse kick from Captain Obvious.... Liquid pass...

Hear me out...

I have a bunch of 50ml bottles(about 50), new, never used, sanitized and made for liquid as well as 50 sterile 15ml pipettes..... see where im going with this...

Here is how it would work:
I would neatly package the bottles and pipettes in a box. I would fill 5 of the bottles with Liquid(new pipette for each one so at not to cross contaminate, label each one(can throw in a sheet of small white labels) and send to the next person. The person I send it to takes out the 5 filled bottles and keeps them(don't reuse). That person them fills 5 more bottles from his stash and send to the next person...

This way we can try a variety of liquids(you could even contact the person who is sending to you and arrange for what you would like) for basically just the cost of shipping a small box. There are websites that sell samples but the prices and shipping are rizonkulous.

Basic ground rules:
Must be on good trader list with 250 or more posts.
Must be able to keep this pass moving(i.e ship within 2 or 3 days of receiving...I know life happens but we all hate stalled passes)
Must be able to send decent liquids... you know what this means.... no jack beam, jim daniels or red walking johnny

Drumming up interest at this point... im thinking 5 or 6 and I need to top off supplies anyway... I expect to see interest from Gray, Irish and maybe Brian AK or Sherm... I don't know I think its a pretty damn neat idea to expand horizions, spark some interesting conversations and hear differing opinions for about 8-10 dollars for shipping.

Participants:
Jetmech will ship to Gray4Lines
Gray will ship to Irish
Irish will ship to JHewey
JHewey will ship to Mattkn
MattKN wil ship to Sherm
Sherm will ship back to Jet

Comments

• rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    rsherman24:
    IN
    DITTO
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    How do you send them? USPS doesn't want liquids.
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    webmost:

What the USPS don't know won't hurt them!!!
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    kingjk729:
    webmost:

What the USPS don't know won't hurt them!!!
    This exactly.....
  • matkn293matkn293 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,277
    I would be in for this if it materializes
    It'll materialize:). So far it's me plus 3, I'm expecting atleast 2 more
    Need one more person and I can start this next Monday! :)
  • ehehatehehat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,534
    What a genius friggin' idea Vinny! My collection is piss poor so I'm out but still.... Great idea brother!
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    ehehat:
    What a genius friggin' idea Vinny! My collection is piss poor so I'm out but still.... Great idea brother!
    Agreed!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Sure, im in. Do we organize what to send to whomever? Or is it a surprise? For ex. I dont want to send 5 samples to someone who already has 3 of the 5. I don't know how likely that is to happen.
    Gray4lines:
    Sure, im in. Do we organize what to send to whomever? Or is it a surprise? For ex. I dont want to send 5 samples to someone who already has 3 of the 5. I don't know how likely that is to happen.
    I read the rules again. Lol. Ok, makes sense.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    We could let Vinny know a type preference beforehand if people have one. If someone has a good sample of one type but would like to try another type. Probably no need to complicate things. I am sure we would all be happy to sample whatever is sent.
  • matkn293matkn293 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,277
    Unfortunately my selection is not the greatest either. Not sure I can offer much choice to the next in line. If someone is better suited for my spot. By all means.
    All y'all are worrying too much, I've got bottles from $17/bottle all the way to $80/bottle. And guess what some of my fav bourbons are $30 or less per bottle. The price don't matter so much as how it tastes ;)
    90+ Irishman:
    All y'all are worrying too much, I've got bottles from $17/bottle all the way to $80/bottle. And guess what some of my fav bourbons are $30 or less per bottle. The price don't matter so much as how it tastes ;)
    All of my favorite bourbons are right around $30! If you'd drink it neat, it's good enough!
    Lol, this is funny. Sorry if I made ya'll assume this is a high end $75+ type thing... its not!:) Also, i'm going to clamp it off at 5 people for now and get this thing going Friday or Saturday. I'll put out the shipping order then you will know who you are receiving from and who you are shipping too, not like a secret santa format... conversation and choice in encouraged! Once I know who I am shipping to i'll pm them about everything I have on the bar and in the cabinet and let them decide. Think like they were coming over for a drink and you saying "So what'll you have?"
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    All of my favorite bourbons are right around $30! If you'd drink it neat, it's good enough!
    Exavtly, it sounds silly but here's a great example. Woodford Reserve, introduced to me early last year in the Birthday Pass by my bro Rob Green, it's a pretty dang good benchmark for bourbon that's reasonably priced. Old Weller Antique 107 cb be found for less than $20/bottle and it's just as smooth as the Woodford, not quite as much character but still pretty amazing for that price honestly. The price ain't important it's how it tastes is all :)
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    Exavtly, it sounds silly but here's a great example. Woodford Reserve, introduced to me early last year in the Birthday Pass by my bro Rob Green, it's a pretty dang good benchmark for bourbon that's reasonably priced. Old Weller Antique 107 cb be found for less than $20/bottle and it's just as smooth as the Woodford, not quite as much character but still pretty amazing for that price honestly. The price ain't important it's how it tastes is all :)
    Woodford was my first and is still my favorite! I have the double oaked too that I'd pass along a sample. Verrrry good
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    Gray4lines:
    90+ Irishman:
    Woodford was my first and is still my favorite! I have the double oaked too that I'd pass along a sample. Verrrry good
    Have yet to try the Double Oaked bet it rocks.
  • JHeweyJHewey Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,411
    Damn just missed cut off. But great idea.
    JHewey:

Hey bro if you want to get in I have enough supplies for one more person.
    Everyone else: If J wants in i'll put out the shipping order and get this in the mail first thing Saturday...really looking forward to this!
    Jetmech_63:
    JHewey:

Hey bro if you want to get in I have enough supplies for one more person.
    Everyone else: If J wants in i'll put out the shipping order and get this in the mail first thing Saturday...really looking forward to this!
    J is in, even if I have to club him over the head with the *** be good stick I own.
    Copy! J is in whether he know it(or wants to be) or not!
    Jetmech_63:
    I'm talking to him now via text, if necessary I will hold the bottle I picked up for him today hostage. Like I said, he's in lol
    All: updated first post with shipping order. Will get this in the mail to Gray first thing Saturday. Please contact who you are shipping TO and talk about preferences / options etc...
    Gray you have a PM
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    90+ Irishman:
    Jetmech_63:
    I'm talking to him now via text, if necessary I will hold the bottle I picked up for him today hostage. Like I said, he's in lol
    How come WE don't sext???
    Rain:
    90+ Irishman:
    Jetmech_63:
    How come WE don't sext???
    Because you stopped looking me in the eye when we make love.
    PM to Irish too