Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

College Bowl Season Game

Comments

• ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    Vulchor:
    Vulchor, JZ, EJenne, Clearlysuspect, Cooper (Im sure his trade will go fine), King JK729 -----CMON we need more people, read the rules at the top. JZ you have a PM by the way.
    In case he still wants to get in on this game, Cooper33 is sending me a package. It is on it's way, I have confirmation of that. I say he is a good guy and he should be allowed to get in on this game. I'll def. let everyone know via the good traders list when I get his package.
  • Cooper33Cooper33 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 168
    Fresno St.
    UCF
    Southern Miss
    Oregon St.
    Utah
    Nevada
    We are Marshall
    Pitt
    The University of suck, I mean USC
    Kentucky
    Georgia
    UCLA
    The U
    Bowling Green
    Nebraska
    Oklahoma
    Houston
    Mizzou
    Iowa St.
    Tennessee
    Auburn
    LSU
    West Virginia
    Oregon 66 points
    Florida
    USF
    Ole Miss
    South Carolina
    Arkansas
    Texas Tech
    TCU
    GT
    Central Michigan
    Alabama - 43 points
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    Wyoming, Rutgers, Southern Miss, Oregon St, Cal, SMU, Ohio, North Carolina, USC, Clemson, Georgia, UCLA, Miami, Idaho, Nebraska, Houston, Oklahoma, Missouri, Iowa St, Tennessee, Auburn, LSU, Florida State, Ohio State (42 Points), Florida, South Florida, South Carolina, Oklahoma State, Arkansas, Michigan State, Boise State, Georgia Tech, Troy, Alabama (50 Points)

Rose Bowl - Ohio State 42 points

BCS - Alabama - 50 points
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    My picks Fresno State, UCF, Southern Miss, BYU, Cal, SMU, Marshall, Pitt, USC, Clemson, Georgia, UCLA, Miami, Idaho, Nebraska, Houston, Oklahoma, Missouri, Iowa State, Tennessee, Auburn, Come to Penn Stateeeeee, Florida State, Ohio State, Florida, South Florida, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Arkansas, hate to do it but Texas Tech, Boise State, Georgia Tech, Central Michigan Go Chips!, Alabama

Rose bowl 45 pts.......BCS Championship 38pts
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Keep em, coming everyone=====still got 12hrs or so to get in on the game before it starts.
    Tick tick tick.....only a few more min's before we get it going, I'm sooooo excited I think I peed my pants!!!!
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    Okay... you twisted my arm!!

Fresno, UCF, Middle Tenn, BYU, CAL, Nevada, Marshall, Pitt, USC, Clemson, GA, Temple, Miami, Idaho, Nebraska, Houston, Standford, Navy, Minn, VT, Aurburn, Penn State, WV, FL, South FL, Uconn, Ok St, East Car, Texas Tech, TCU, GT, Troy,

Alabama=52pts
    Oregon=35pts
    clearlysuspect:
    Fresno State, Rutgers, Southern Miss, Oregon State, Cal, Nevada, Marshall, Pitt, USC, Clemson, Georgia, UCLA, Miami, Bowling Green, Nebraska, Houston, Stanford, Navy, Iowa State, Virginia Tech, Auburn, LSU, West Virginia, Oregon = 55 Points, Florida, South Florida, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Texas Tech, Boise State, Georgia Tech, Central Michigan, Alabama = 35 Points
    Suspect are you the only one who picked Navy? You tryin to tell us something siding with them? Maybe that you like it in a can Cause if you are that's cool and all I'm just saying.

Actually I shouldn't poke fun I'm 0-2 right now. Not a good start but I'm hoping to finish strong!!!
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,750
    Sandman1am:
    clearlysuspect:
    Fresno State, Rutgers, Southern Miss, Oregon State, Cal, Nevada, Marshall, Pitt, USC, Clemson, Georgia, UCLA, Miami, Bowling Green, Nebraska, Houston, Stanford, Navy, Iowa State, Virginia Tech, Auburn, LSU, West Virginia, Oregon = 55 Points, Florida, South Florida, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Texas Tech, Boise State, Georgia Tech, Central Michigan, Alabama = 35 Points
    Suspect are you the only one who picked Navy? You tryin to tell us something siding with them? Maybe that you like it in a can Cause if you are that's cool and all I'm just saying.

Actually I shouldn't poke fun I'm 0-2 right now. Not a good start but I'm hoping to finish strong!!!
    So, I will point out that Smokee chose Navy also. I will also point out that Chase Daniels, and Jeremy Maclin both play in the NFL now and not for Missouri. Missouri was horrible this year! Navy is always competitive and they play hard EVERY game. They may not get the best talent in recruiting, but they're guys play harder than anyone else.

And just to set the record straight, I love it in the can!!! My golf buddies and I take it in the can during all our outtings. It's great!
    Bowl Season has Begun!!!!!!!!!After the weekend, stats are the following.....

Ejenne & JZ =2, CSuspect & Smokee =1, Vulchor, KingJK, Cooper23, Sandman= 0.......Still early though. If anyone else wants in on this game, really not too late yet with these scores!!! Let us know.
    clearlysuspect:
    Sandman1am:
    clearlysuspect:

So, I will point out that Smokee chose Navy also. I will also point out that Chase Daniels, and Jeremy Maclin both play in the NFL now and not for Missouri. Missouri was horrible this year! Navy is always competitive and they play hard EVERY game. They may not get the best talent in recruiting, but they're guys play harder than anyone else.

And just to set the record straight, I love it in the can!!! My golf buddies and I take it in the can during all our outtings. It's great!
    Suspect I can't help it I like it in the can too!!! I agree Navy is a hard playing team. I just don't know that they will win in the bowl game.
    Sandman1am:
    clearlysuspect:
    Sandman1am:
    clearlysuspect:

Suspect I can't help it I like it in the can too!!! I agree Navy is a hard playing team. I just don't know that they will win in the bowl game.
    Look Sandman, I'm 1-3 so far in my picks. I think my record speaks for itself! ;-)

And what's strange is I really thought I was gonna be awesome at this! College Football is the glue that hold me and my wife's relationship together. On Saturdays, the only thing we do is watch college football from 10am when College Gameday starts till whenever Hawaii gets finished playing sometime around 2am Sunday morning. There's no arguement about what to watch in our household. If there's a college game on, that's whats on the TV. Occasionally we'll argue over which game we watch as she's a Miami fan and I'm a Virginia Tech fan, and, naturally, since our teams are rivals there's a lot of trash talk. We know nothing about NFL, but I'm always one of the guys with the most correct picks at the end of the week on the "Game of Football" thread. I don't get it!
    I'm doing freaking horrible. I was thinking earlier about how my picks have sucked, and I had an idea. It would be funny doing these games, if the person with the worst record or whatever, got some truly horrible smokes from the winner. Like BAD smokes. The loser would then be required to smoke them and review them on the forums. It probably wouldn't work because no one would want to send crap to fellow BOTL's but it would be funny :P
    Cooper33:
    I'm doing freaking horrible. I was thinking earlier about how my picks have sucked, and I had an idea. It would be funny doing these games, if the person with the worst record or whatever, got some truly horrible smokes from the winner. Like BAD smokes. The loser would then be required to smoke them and review them on the forums. It probably wouldn't work because no one would want to send crap to fellow BOTL's but it would be funny :P
    I think that would be a lot of fun. I'll vote yes to this, and currently I'm pretty sure I'm in last place.
    clearlysuspect:
    Cooper33:
    I think that would be a lot of fun. I'll vote yes to this, and currently I'm pretty sure I'm in last place.
    HA I like it! I'm in
    Score Update:

ejenne- 4
    JZ- 3
    Sandman & Smokee- 2
    clearlysuspect, vulchor, kingjk, cooper- 1

.....stupid SMU!
    Created an Excel spreadsheet to track this whole thing and here are some interesting notes:

Smokee was the only person to pick Middle Tennessee over Ole Miss.
    JZ is the only person to pick North Carolina over Pitt.
    Ejenne is the only person to pick Boston College over USC.
    Ejenne is the only person to pick Texas A&M over Georgia.
    Smokee is the only person to pick Temple over UCLA.
    No one picked Wisconsin, Arizona, Northwestern, Cinncinnati, Northern Illinois, or Air Force to win.
    Smokee is the only person to pick UConn over South Carolina.
    JZ is the only person to pick Michigan State over Texas Tech.
    Kingjk is the only person to pick Texas in the National Championship game.
    The average selected total score for the Rose Bowl is 49.25 points. This game ought to be good.
    The average selected total score for the BCS NC game is 43.875 points.
    clearlysuspect:
    Created an Excel spreadsheet to track this whole thing and here are some interesting notes:

No one picked Wisconsin, Arizona, Northwestern, Cinncinnati, Northern Illinois, or Air Force to win.
    The average selected total score for the Rose Bowl is 49.25 points. This game ought to be good.
    GO BOSTON COLLEGE!! and not because I am a BC fan, but because I despise USC almost as much as I hate the New Jersey Giants and the Dallas Cowgirls (especialy their QB, Tony Homo...)
    ejenne87:
    clearlysuspect:

GO BOSTON COLLEGE!! and not because I am a BC fan, but because I despise USC almost as much as I hate the New Jersey Giants and the Dallas Cowgirls (especialy their QB, Tony Homo...)
    You better get your win there because Texas A&M doesn't look so good to win.
    Sandman1am:
    ejenne87:
    clearlysuspect:

You better get your win there because Texas A&M doesn't look so good to win.
    The only reason I enjoy Bowl Season is for the upsets! I watched a VERY under-rated Oregon kick the crap out of the once #1 ranked USF in the Sun Bowl 2 years ago. It was a slaughter, and USF was favored very heavily. It's just like the basketball tourny, teams that have not shot end up winning. That's why I made some of the picks I did. I guess I'm more hopeful than skilful when it comes to picking sports games..
    What is killing me this year is the late list of players that won't be starting. I'd have chosen SMU in a second if I had known Nevada was without their two stud running backs.
    Cooper33:
    What is killing me this year is the late list of players that won't be starting. I'd have chosen SMU in a second if I had known Nevada was without their two stud running backs.
    I think most of us are right there with you Coop! How about all the suspentions??? Killing me over here.
    Evan did a great job of going with a lot of underdogs. This bowl season might set a record, 6 of the first 7 bowls were won by the underdog.
    This game is still anyone's to grab. And there's still alot of games left to be played. Everyone's picks are diverse enough that I'm pretty sure we're gonna have a clear cut winner without going to tiebreakers. Here's how it stands after tonights BC vs USC game:

Ejenne, Sandman, Smokee- 5
    Clearlysuspect, Kingjk, JZ, Cooper- 4
    Vulchor- 3

Alone in the rear-----gotta love it......I wanna make a new game d@mnit!
    Sandman & Smokee = 6

EJenne, CSuspect, King JK, JZ = 5

Vulchor & Cooper = 4

Still anyones game----except mine, lol j/k. Hope all had a good Christmas.
    Vulchor:
    Sandman & Smokee = 6

Vulchor & Cooper = 4

Nooo.... definately still anyone's game. Everyone in here has some questionable picks and there's a lot of games left to be played. If you want, Vulchor, I'll email you my spreadsheet. I think I have it set up so that the contrasts in picks stand out pretty well. Just pm me your email address.
    clearlysuspect:
    Vulchor:
    Sandman & Smokee = 6

Vulchor & Cooper = 4

Nooo.... definately still anyone's game. Everyone in here has some questionable picks and there's a lot of games left to be played. If you want, Vulchor, I'll email you my spreadsheet. I think I have it set up so that the contrasts in picks stand out pretty well. Just pm me your email address.
    Suspect I think we already had this conversation you are the only one with "questionable" picks.....everyone else has picked different teams. LOL Seriously though I don't think anyone picked even close to the same teams.
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    clearlysuspect:
    Sandman1am:
    clearlysuspect:
    Sandman1am:
    clearlysuspect:

... We know nothing about NFL, but I'm always one of the guys with the most correct picks at the end of the week on the "Game of Football" thread. I don't get it!
    And I Love the NFL & don't really follow college ball to well... I suck at the NFL picks and holding my own here with the college picks! I don't get it either! lol
    Wow. So nobody saw Wisconsin beating Miami. Here's how it stands after tonight:

Sandman - 8
    Clearlysuspect, Kingjk, JZ, Smokee - 7
    Ejenne, Vulchor, Cooper - 6

So in only a couple days the tides have turned. With only 2 game seperating first from last place, it's still definately anybodies ball game.

Just an example of how this thing can still be mixed up, the leader Sandman and I differ on 7 out of the next 12 games. Someone's gonna excell and someone is gonna decline. Kingjk and I who are tied differ on 9 of the remaining games. This doesn't mean that one of us is gonna be right on some and one of us will be right on the others. At the end of all this, I expect it will still be a very tight race.