Home Non Cigar Related

Songs

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
  • ljlljl Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 819
    Rob1110:
    Got the latest BT album and really like it. Also love the new Kamchatka (if you're into blues, check these guys out) and The Company Band (Neil from Clutch with the CKY guys - very bluesy hard rock).

And I can't forget Tom Waits.

Gonna check these out! Been listening to a ton of SRV (double trouble rule) and Black Keys lately.
  • docbp87docbp87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,521
    WOVEN HAND-"BLUE PAIL FEVER"

Anyone who likes folksy, introspective, fairly spiritual music should check this out. Former 16 Horsepower.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Not really "song" related, but I got an email today about Rockstar Energy Mayhem Festival coming to Mass on July 27 and I definitely have to go:
    KORN
    Rob Zombie
    Lamb of God
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Hatebreed
    Chimaira
    Shadows Fall
    Wings of Plague
    Atreyu
    Norma Jean
    In this Moment
    Avenged Sevenfold

. Stoked! Is it worth taking a day off work to go to since it starts at 2 in the afternoon? I think so!
  • pnaylonpnaylon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 214
    Rob1110:
    Got the latest BT album and really like it. Also love the new Kamchatka (if you're into blues, check these guys out) and The Company Band (Neil from Clutch with the CKY guys - very bluesy hard rock).

For ya tom waits out there!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wfamPW3Eaw

• Rob1110Rob1110 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    ljl:
    Rob1110:

Gonna check these out! Been listening to a ton of SRV (double trouble rule) and Black Keys lately.

Black Keys are great. Actually, a buddy of mine got me into them after hearing a Kamchatka song off of their first album and thought it sounded a lot like the Black Keys. Lots of slide guitar.
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    John Denver - Country Road
  • pdxstogiemanpdxstogieman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 12
    Delbert McClinton cover of Gary U.S. Bonds tune, "Every Time I roll the Dice". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNd0OMUPMR4
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 356
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Sevendust Karma and Ride Insane off the new Cold Day Memory cd. Damn good!
  • DaveTheRookie09DaveTheRookie09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 58
    Mushroomhead - Before I Die
    For any fans of Drum and Bass, Dubstep, Grime, Beatbox, etc... Dub FX is one of the most talented artists in the genre:
    Watch what he does...

What he does is record beatbox parts on a footpedal set, loops them, and gradually adds additional parts looped overtop. Very creative. I have had the pleasure of seeing him perform on the street once, and have been a fan since.
  • DaveTheRookie09DaveTheRookie09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 58
    Beastie Boys - Intergalactic Amazing song!
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    kuzi16:
    ... WOW... I've listended to it at least 5 times now, and will continue to listen to it throughout the rest of the day. Her voice makes this song amazing!

Best cover of Metallica 4 sho!!
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Listening to Scars by Papa Roach and reminiscing about singing it along with 50,000 crazy people at KC Mudfest 2010. Check out the video and pics on www.989therock.com to see what it was all about.
    jsnake:
    Listening to Scars by Papa Roach and reminiscing about singing it along with 50,000 crazy people at KC Mudfest 2010. Check out the video and pics on www.989therock.com to see what it was all about.
    Cannot believe that Nu-Metal acts like them still even exist!

New Integrity album finally dropped, and while I had heard a few tracks previously, the entire thing together is awesome. They have been one of the single most important bands in heavy music for 23 years now. If you aren't familiar with them, and like metal, or punk, or anything... watch and learn:
    INTEGRITY
    docbp87:
    jsnake:

New Integrity album finally dropped, and while I had heard a few tracks previously, the entire thing together is awesome. They have been one of the single most important bands in heavy music for 23 years now. If you aren't familiar with them, and like metal, or punk, or anything... watch and learn:
    INTEGRITY
    Time out... I'm confused. So I'm going to ask and not assume.

In the begining of the clip it says that "In 1991 a "straight edge" band from Cleveland, Ohio started experimenting heavily with LSD".

I thought "straight edge" meant drug, alcohol, and tobacco free, among a few other principles. So does it mean they "were" straight edge, and since then have quit?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    docbp87:
    jsnake:

INTEGRITY
    Sound like a pretty intense band...I can't believe I've never heard of them in all the time I've been listening to punk and metal.
    The new KSE video is sooooo dope. LINK

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    stephen_hannibal:
    there has yet to be a single thing that she has put out that i didnt think was great. good call on this one.
    nightmaremike31:
    docbp87:
    jsnake:

INTEGRITY

In the begining of the clip it says that "In 1991 a "straight edge" band from Cleveland, Ohio started experimenting heavily with LSD".

I thought "straight edge" meant drug, alcohol, and tobacco free, among a few other principles. So does it mean they "were" straight edge, and since then have quit?
    Correct. For the first few years, they were a part of the Cleveland straight edge scene, until they grew out of it, so to speak, and began experimenting.
    Here's the "official" video by Dwid for the song played live in that Old Blue Last footage:
    Micha: Those Who Fear Tomorrow
    docbp87:
    nightmaremike31:
    docbp87:
    jsnake:

INTEGRITY

Correct. For the first few years, they were a part of the Cleveland straight edge scene, until they grew out of it, so to speak, and began experimenting.
    Here's the "official" video by Dwid for the song played live in that Old Blue Last footage:
    Micha: Those Who Fear Tomorrow
    Very interesting pack of fellas. Thank you.