Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    bwcarter54:
    j0z3r:
    bwcarter54:
    Thanks joz-I'll try some of them. I know you wouldn't steer a fellow wire twister wrong. How's work out there?
    Work is good...I've been fortunate enough to stay working and keep busier than I'd have hoped. I'm working on a 100+ room motel currently, interesting to say the least. How are things on your end work wise?
    Is that a high rise? I hate those things. Last thing that gets done is the elevator. I just finished a bunch of banana ripining rooms for walmart. Fixing to start on a couple of cooling towers for walmart. We have a dental complex, a new sewer plant and a bunch of lift stations to start in a short while. Work is slow here but we seem to stay busy.
    Well, staying busy is about all you can ask for with the way things are now. And no, it's not a high rise, just a two storey, cinder block structure and an attached wood structure office/lobby.

Tonight was a Padilla Signature 1932 churchill, holy cow what an excellent cigar this one is, I don't even have the words to describe it.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    j0z3r:
    Tonight was a Padilla Signature 1932 churchill, holy cow what an excellent cigar this one is, I don't even have the words to describe it.
    I just ordered five of these sticks. I can't wait to try the 32 in the churchill size.

Tonight was a Oliva G Maduro Belicoso. This had about 5 months of rest and it was very nice. Incredible burn and great flavor the whole way. I would've tried the toothpick deal, but didn't have one handy.
    As much as I like the 1932 in the churchill, I think the torpedo is better, it gives greater complexity and delivers the flavor more concentrated. Makes my mouth water just typing this. *drools*
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    haha....I'll have to try this on in the torp too! Not a problem in my book
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    I'm typing this while I enjoy an H. Upmann on the patio. I got me some of this wireless networking that the kids are all hip to. For my next trick, I'll shake my moneymaker.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    urbino:
    I'm typing this while I enjoy an H. Upmann on the patio. I got me some of this wireless networking that the kids are all hip to. For my next trick, I'll shake my moneymaker.
    its official. I need a lap top.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    urbino:

Now thats a visual we could have done without!!! LOL
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Smoking a Gurkha Black Puro. Before I lit it, I was smelling something funky in my truck. I thought I had some food in there that started to go bad. But I didn't. It was the cigar. It is smoking fine, a little tight but the taste is good. Just, the cigar itself smelt weird. Strange!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    urbino:
    lol, having an avo domain right now, though nothing is really telling me, hey I'm worth this price...
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    phobicsquirrel:
    lol, having an avo domain right now, though nothing is really telling me, hey I'm worth this price...
    I never really liked Avo at all. They do nothing for me. I don't think I have ad the domain but I have quite a few regulars and was not impressed. Overpriced.
    rwheelwright:
    phobicsquirrel:
    I never really liked Avo at all. They do nothing for me. I don't think I have ad the domain but I have quite a few regulars and was not impressed. Overpriced.
    well luckily there are some here that like them. I have 4 left (anyone interested pm me).. I do have some maduro's which I have hope for.
  • Dude LoveDude Love Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 315
    Broke the week long sick spree with a La Herencia Cubana robusto...WOW. It tasted like a better, sweeter version of a Cohiba Domincan, and for a lot cheaper! Definitely putting these on the favorites list.
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    Yeah, Dude.. the Robusto is by far the best size in that brand. I've had a few, and have found them amazing every time. Try the Lonsdale... also very tasty. The toro and torpedo weren't nearly as good.
    Had a lunch time Punch Gran Puro --always enjoy this cigar ---probably my favorite Punch
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Having a CI Legends Orange Label(RP Blend) that Alien bombed me with. I am definatley a fan! In fact I'm ordering more just as soon as i can. The more i puff the more flavors i get, especially through the nose. Very smooth, wee bit of spice, got a cool caramel sweetness going on. Great burn, great draw. A damn good smoke. Reccomended to all RP fans!
    hmm, I was eying those. I ordered a 5er of the white and copper, and the copper was just too sweet. why does drew estate have to infuse every cigar with that sweet taste? I am looking forward to smoking the white, it's from camancho.
  • dep691dep691 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    This morning I had a DPG Black 79 with coffee, the Blue is better I think then the black label. This afternoon while working in the yard I had a RP 92, growing tired of these now. I am going to grill some hamburgers on the grill the kids are on spring break. I think I may have a Padron 6k while cooking. Hope all of you have a great day.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Hey Squirrel, when you smoke em, let us know if it is anything like the 1962. Seems the CI blends are somewhat slightly similar to a cigar in that makers line. The orange label briefly reminded me of a vintage 90 i think, the sumatra wrapper one, not so much for the wrapper but for the filler. If you've smoked a lot of rocky's then you can kinda pick up on a flavor profile that is kinda rocky-ish....if that makes any sense.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Jetmech_63:
    Having a CI Legends Orange Label(RP Blend) that Alien bombed me with. I am definatley a fan! In fact I'm ordering more just as soon as i can. The more i puff the more flavors i get, especially through the nose. Very smooth, wee bit of spice, got a cool caramel sweetness going on. Great burn, great draw. A damn good smoke. Reccomended to all RP fans!
    I thought you would dig it, it is my favorite Rocky Patel blend so far.
    Jetmech_63:
    Hey Squirrel, when you smoke em, let us know if it is anything like the 1962. Seems the CI blends are somewhat slightly similar to a cigar in that makers line. The orange label briefly reminded me of a vintage 90 i think, the sumatra wrapper one, not so much for the wrapper but for the filler. If you've smoked a lot of rocky's then you can kinda pick up on a flavor profile that is kinda rocky-ish....if that makes any sense.
    damn, sounds good then. I need to try it.
    Having an AVO maduro right now. Much better than the domain. I sort of like it. Had some plum on it and when I licked the cap, very peppery. I'm about half way through it and it's staying steady. lots of smoke, almost a chocolate/pepper taste especially through the nose. more pepper though but still balanced for the most part. I bet some resting time would improve it.
  • niz33niz33 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 83
    I'm about to have a Cusano 18 (Toro Gordo).
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Just finished a 5 Vegas Gold. Every time I smoke one of these I am reminded how good they are. The Gold is in real close running with the Miami as my favorite 5 Vegas.
    I need to try that miami. I love the gold.

Just finished the avo maduro. It mellowed at the end, well a little past the midway part. Less peppery but a more pronounced cocoa flavor with some cedar. I'm digging it. Lots of smoke too. Some age will do it good!
  • ShawnJShawnJ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 65
    Had a Hoyo Monterrey Excaliber Legend this morning. Good, solid smoke with some great flavor. Tonight, my buddy and I went out for some St. Paddy's Day Guinness and after I dropped him off, I sat out on the porch and had a CAO MX2.
    gmill880:
    kaspera79:
    urbino:
    gmill880:
    I didn't know whether to smoke it or light the fuse and throw it!
    Heh. That's dang weird, gm. I'd take it back, then make them cut it open while you're there so you can see what it is.
    I would bring that tainted cigar back to "Smokes-R-Us" and get a new one. I am pretty sure the shop owner will cut it open to see what is at the other end of that cord, and gladly replace it.

i will let you know how it turns out

Update on the funky Nub cigar with the red nylon string that I posted pics of. I e-mailed Oliva Cigar Co and told them of the cigar and red nylon. I received two responses. The first from Jose R Oliva thanking me and stating in all the years of cigar mfg and 50,000,000 cigars he had never heard of such an "oddity". To please mail it to him and he would like to send me a gift in return. Basically the same message from a sales manager who also responded.
    Sent in back priority mail Friday.....received today from Oliva Cigars 2 Cameroon, 2 Habano and 3 Conn. Nub cigars, A very nice cigar ashtray with Nub logo in bottom and a nice guillotine cigar cutter with Nub logo on it as well, and a match container with Nub logo. Pretty sweet , although I'll always wonder what the he-ll that was hanging outta my cigar.....Props to Oliva for responding and the freebies...
    gmill880:
    gmill880:
    kaspera79:
    urbino:
    gmill880:
    I didn't know whether to smoke it or light the fuse and throw it!
    Heh. That's dang weird, gm. I'd take it back, then make them cut it open while you're there so you can see what it is.
    I would bring that tainted cigar back to "Smokes-R-Us" and get a new one. I am pretty sure the shop owner will cut it open to see what is at the other end of that cord, and gladly replace it.

i will let you know how it turns out

Update on the funky Nub cigar with the red nylon string that I posted pics of. I e-mailed Oliva Cigar Co and told them of the cigar and red nylon. I received two responses. The first from Jose R Oliva thanking me and stating in all the years of cigar mfg and 50,000,000 cigars he had never heard of such an "oddity". To please mail it to him and he would like to send me a gift in return. Basically the same message from a sales manager who also responded.
    Sent in back priority mail Friday.....received today from Oliva Cigars 2 Cameroon, 2 Habano and 3 Conn. Nub cigars, A very nice cigar ashtray with Nub logo in bottom and a nice guillotine cigar cutter with Nub logo on it as well, and a match container with Nub logo. Pretty sweet , although I'll always wonder what the he-ll that was hanging outta my cigar.....Props to Oliva for responding and the freebies...
    lol, nice gene.
    Damn Gene, you're all over the funky cigars and getting freebies from the manufacturer. I might just have to fabricate my own red string. :)
    j0z3r:
    Damn Gene, you're all over the funky cigars and getting freebies from the manufacturer. I might just have to fabricate my own red string. :)

I wish you could have seen it Joe the pics really didn't do it justice it was really strange/funky. I was hoping it was some sort of 100,000,000 celebration winner and I had won a yatch, I woulda had my captain sail down thru the canal and pick you west coasters up. You talk about the herf from he-ll baby , we woulda had it!!! East meets West , there woulda been enough cigar smoke hangin' over that thing the coast guard woulda probably shown up
    Anyway back to the mfg's , I'm usually the last guy to ever win anything free so this probably covers me till I'm about 95 years old hahah...
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Does this mean you won't be finding out what the heck it was? You should email them back and make them tell you.

I'm out on the patio again, having a La Cuna 85. This one's a little bitter, for some reason. Anyhoo, I'm waiting around to see if my stray cat shows up again. He came up for a visit last night, then went out to the dumpster and got his ass kicked by a raccoon, then decided he liked it better up here with me.