Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    I'm smoking a Camacho Black Label as we speak, thanks TFH.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    Crack. was very strong... ummm I mean a Nub Conni, drive home smoke!
    been a 3 cigar day. having a 5 vegas A robusto right now. I do like the robust more than the toro but the smoke is very tight. the draw is fine but the smoke seems a little less than expected.
  • adrianganemadrianganem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 15
    Thursday night out with the boys. Gonna try the Perdomo Fresco, heard it is very nice.

A cigar made in my country, crops from Jalapa, Veracruz.

I hope you all enjoy.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Just finished a Tat compliments of j0z3r...which one was that Joe as I'm not that familiar with them? Damn it was a tasty treat...smoked as I watched a heavyweight fight from Germany. Enjoyed the smoke,rum(Tortuga) and the fight, a good Thursday night combo!Will need to check into these more closely if brother Joe will let me know what I just smoked ....
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Gene: I think I sent you a Tat Havana VI hermosos, that's the one if it had a red label. If it had a brown label, then it would be a Tat Miami regios. Both very good cigars in my opinion, though I prefer the Miami myself.

Tonight was a Perdomo En Vidrio double corona that I received in trade from Rob1110. Now that was a darn tasty cigar, not quite like anything I've ever had. It is a pretty imposing cigar, measuring in around 7.5 x 54, but it smoked very smooth and had a smooth character backed by a medium-full strength. Yet another cigar to cement my opinion of Perdomo, they make some damn fine cigars.
    j0z3r:
    Gene: I think I sent you a Tat Havana VI hermosos, that's the one if it had a red label. If it had a brown label, then it would be a Tat Miami regios. Both very good cigars in my opinion, though I prefer the Miami myself.

Tonight was a Perdomo En Vidrio double corona that I received in trade from Rob1110. Now that was a darn tasty cigar, not quite like anything I've ever had. It is a pretty imposing cigar, measuring in around 7.5 x 54, but it smoked very smooth and had a smooth character backed by a medium-full strength. Yet another cigar to cement my opinion of Perdomo, they make some damn fine cigars.

It was the brown label Joe and very tasty thank you for sending it
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Tonight was a Perdomo ESV '91 2nd. And I did have a second, because the first was so good. Very nicely paired with Irish coffee. Or whatever you call an Irish coffee that's made with bourbon.
  • sspl01sspl01 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 11
    Hi,
    Smoking is good up to a little bit only,But it can prove hazardous to health also.

kim

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Just got done with a RP Signature Lancero. It was a really nice 45 min smoke. It definately has a different taste, which isn't a bad thing, but I do prefer the Toro.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Smoked a Gurkha Gold last night. It was pretty tasty. Went out a couple of times though. Burn was pretty even and smoked to the nub when I started burning my fingers.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Looks like Kim/joe just got deleted by the administrators.. I guess he didn't pass the random drug test.
    Just finished a Padilla Habano, I put up a little review of it in the Habano Tasting Party thread, but the short of it is I love this stick. One of my favorite cigars by far.
    kaspera79:
    Looks like Kim/joe just got deleted by the administrators.. I guess he didn't pass the random drug test.
    It's about damn time if you ask me. If you don't like smoking, don't come on a cigar forum....or did he think that change comes from within? :)
  • ShawnJShawnJ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 65
    I'm getting over the worst stomach flu I've ever had. I lit up a Macanudo this evening and I couldn't smoke it. I guess my taste buds are all messed up. It just tasted like a big cup of coffee with a ton of cream and sugar. Didn't taste like tobacco at all. Now I know to wait a few days after a day of puking before lighting up :)
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Icky-poo, Shawn. Glad you're on the upswing, though.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Double today, first was a Gurkha Sherpa, and it seems this one is a love it/ hate it cigar with smokers here, I happen to really enjoy them. For two dollars you will ( in my opinion ) get a great cigar experience. A wide range of flavors but a sometimes difficult burn.. Next a 5 Vegas Gold. Milder than some would care for but the flavor is solid and unchanging throughout the stick. With one exception. This cigar did something that surprised me. It had a peppery burst at the start that faded and never came back. Smooth to the very end.
  • rusiriusrusirius Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 564
    Just finishing up a Gurkha Regent... I try to "love" this stick but can never get passed a simple "like"... Regardless it's always a satisfying smoke and they always seem to burn consistantly and perfectly...
    Tonight was a Gurkha Fuerte for me. I guess this one was ok, nothing particularly great about it, but I liked it a far stretch more than a lot of other Gurkhas I've tried. I think the Regent is better though, and the Centurian even more so than that. Still not a bad cigar, but I won't be rushing out to buy any.
    Seems like everyone is having a Gurkha night. I am no exception. Had an Elegance to start. It was decent. Not worth the $10+ in my opinion but not bad. It actually started to have a kick near the end. I then went in the opposite direction and had a RP Signature 500. Completely different taste. Reminded me of a RP Sun Grown. Not a bad smoke. There are others I like more. I remember liking this cigar more the last time I smoked it.
    I haven't nor do I have that cigar. I'm glad you weren't too fond of it. I think I'll skip this one. Have you had the Turk, a very good mild smoke but very creamy.. and vanillaly...
  • StoogeeStoogee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 157
    camacho SLR and I have to say this is the best camacho I have had to date. Definately a stronger cigar but I like that and it had a smooth and while not overly complex flavor was good to the nub burned well and had a good spicy flavor.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Stoogee:
    camacho SLR and I have to say this is the best camacho I have had to date. Definately a stronger cigar but I like that and it had a smooth and while not overly complex flavor was good to the nub burned well and had a good spicy flavor.
    SLR or SLR maduro? i think the Maduro version is better. i feel that it is smoother and more gentle on the palate, while still being powerful in body.
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    well tonight I finally enjoyed the RP vinatage 1992. What a smooth and tasty smoke with just the right amount of spice for me. Perfect draw and even burn. I'm gonna have to get some more of these for my humi. Jeff
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    had the 90 yet?

i think its better than the 92.
    rwheelwright:
    Seems like everyone is having a Gurkha night.
    Me too, had a Nepalese Warrior. I am/was a little (lottle) bit drunk, but I enjoyed it. I am prety sure I like the regular regent better, but I would have to try one of thses sober to be 100%. I did have to make a few corrective lights though, other than that it was an enjoyable stick though.
    phobicsquirrel:
    I haven't nor do I have that cigar. I'm glad you weren't too fond of it. I think I'll skip this one. Have you had the Turk, a very good mild smoke but very creamy.. and vanillaly...
    Yeah, I had the Turk but wasn't impressed with it. I have some more though so we'll see how they are and if my tastes change.
  • PuffTheMagicDragonPuffTheMagicDragon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2
    Just got back from the cigar shop. Had a CAO rep there giving out a free CAO LX2. Gonna let it rest for the day before trying it out. Currently smoking a NUB Cameroon
    Congrats on the score
    kuzi16:
    had the 90 yet?

i think its better than the 92.
    yeah I concur.