Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    i am actually gonna be going to the cigar shop here in a few...no idea what i will be smoking but I can't wait. Haven't smoked much lately.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Bad Andy:
    i am actually gonna be going to the cigar shop here in a few...no idea what i will be smoking but I can't wait. Haven't smoked much lately.
    Are you off of cigar restriction Andy? Did the mrs. give you back your balls with the check card? Or just one thing at a time? ;)
  • adamkhaliladamkhalil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 80
    I ordered the Triple Nickel Vegas 5 Sampler cause of how good i hear vegas 5 is. smoked the gold last week, it was pretty good. tonight i'm firing up the Classic and tommorow the series A. these are my first vegas 5 sticks, so i'm psyched!
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Just finished a RP Connecticut Torpedo. Pretty nice mild smoke, no complaints.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    Adam, It's 5 vegas, not vegas 5, just fyi. I had a bad experience with a Vegas sampler. All the gold's showed up spongy. And I mean, I could pinch the cigar at the band, touch my fingers together, and it would rebound without the wrapper cracking. It was WEIRD. They didn't appear to have any mold or anything, so I lit one up, and it tasted like wet tobacco would taste. So, I've got the rest in the humi trying to dry them out a little.

Anyways, did you get any of the Relics in the sampler? They are really good. They're the only one I have had beside the gold.
  • thizzcorethizzcore Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 48
    just enjoyed a nice macanudo maduro cigarillo it was a nice drive home i must say. one of my first maduros and i must say it had a great flavor, but as i removed the label it started to break a little.
    Just finished a RP ITC 10th Anniversary 2nd Toro. Damn good cigar, I only have like two left though. And I placed my last order in Hawaii, I already have quite the stockpile I am going to have to mail on to Lousianna.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Had some good ones today. In the afternoon I had a La Flor Dominicana Ligero Oscuro robusto, that was a damn fine cigar and yet another La Flor that has impressed me. To finish off the day I had an H. Uppman Magnum 46 tubo, the 46 referring to the ring gauge...a nice corona gorda, strong and very, very tasty with a perfect draw, albeit with a less than perfect burn....oh well, a few touch-ups is a small price to pay for such a good cigar.
  • mcso22mcso22 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10
    I just finished a Puros Indios Veijo 99. I ordered the weekend blitz from CCOM last weekend and have not been disappointed. It has a wonderful draw, a nice rich flavor with I’m guessing a hint of leather (remember I’m new to the whole cigar thing) and not to much spice. I have a Gurkha Park Avenue and a 5 Vegas Classic in the humi right now that I can’t wait to try :)
    Had a 5 Vegas Relic that had a little over a month of age on it. Just like the past 5 or 6, this one tasted great but the draw was tight, it required one touch up and the use of my patent-pending draw poker (manipulated paperclip).
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Started off with a Gurkha Black Puro courtesy of Phoebes. Didn't finish it. Then went to a Man O War which has a good amount of age on it. I can't seem to remember when I got it but it was around or after January. This is a strong cigar even with the ~6 months of age. I have a few more. Let's see what another 6 months does. After I finished that I finished the Black Puro. I am smoked out! Oh, I got a little light headed after the Man O war. Even though I had eaten before I left work I think by the time I was near the end I was hungry again and the heat was getting to me too. I had a drink of propel and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and I was good again!
  • thizzcorethizzcore Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 48
    can you guys recommend a good tatuaje for me. theres a decent selection of them at my local shop and i'd like to try one. wrapper doesnt matter, just want one thats gonna leave an impression of how they are.
    thizzcore:
    can you guys recommend a good tatuaje for me. theres a decent selection of them at my local shop and i'd like to try one. wrapper doesnt matter, just want one thats gonna leave an impression of how they are.
    I prefer the Tatuaje Miami. Out of the sizes I have tried, my favorite so far has been the Reserve J21.
  • adamkhaliladamkhalil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 80
    cholmes8310:
    Adam, It's 5 vegas, not vegas 5, just fyi. I had a bad experience with a Vegas sampler. All the gold's showed up spongy. And I mean, I could pinch the cigar at the band, touch my fingers together, and it would rebound without the wrapper cracking. It was WEIRD. They didn't appear to have any mold or anything, so I lit one up, and it tasted like wet tobacco would taste. So, I've got the rest in the humi trying to dry them out a little.
    Anyways, did you get any of the Relics in the sampler? They are really good. They're the only one I have had beside the gold.
    For some reason I saw an old Cuba Libre in my humi and went with that instead. I wasn't impressed...i'll stick to 5 vegas for today's smoke.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    I haven't smoked in two days, on account of being with the girlfriend, then being at her house for a bit. Today, I'm driving on up to Boston for my god son's baptism, and I'm bringing with me a herf-a-dor with a CAO America, a 5 Vegas A (box pressed toro, stokked to try) a la bonita orange label, a montecristo media nocha, and a rocky patel olde world reserve maduro. So a pretty good lineup that should hold me for the day and on the way back sunday.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    rwheelwright:
    Started off with a Gurkha Black Puro courtesy of Phoebes. Didn't finish it. Then went to a Man O War which has a good amount of age on it. I can't seem to remember when I got it but it was around or after January. This is a strong cigar even with the ~6 months of age. I have a few more. Let's see what another 6 months does. After I finished that I finished the Black Puro. I am smoked out! Oh, I got a little light headed after the Man O war. Even though I had eaten before I left work I think by the time I was near the end I was hungry again and the heat was getting to me too. I had a drink of propel and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and I was good again!
    didn't like it....?
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    phobicsquirrel:
    rwheelwright:
    didn't like it....?
    Didn't say that. It is different but not bad at all. I have to have another one to get a better idea. I would have liked to smoke it all at once but that didn't happen.
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    last night I had a Gurkah Regent Toro. Mild/medium smoke with a great great burn and draw however the flavor profile was kinda boring. A little taste of cedar, vanilla and leather and a big taste of tabacco.

Had a CAO Black Torpedo earlier, very good smoke. This is the second one of these I have had, I might need to pick up a few more.
    Just finished my first Camacho Triple Maduro courtesy of Beta. I greatly enjoyed this cigar, my favorite Camacho so far. I do have some 1962's on their way, so we will have to see how they stack up.
    Smokin a nub maduro right now, and will be following it up with a Gurkha black dragon
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Love the 1962's ,,,have not had the triple maddy yet
    cholmes8310:
    Smokin a nub maduro right now, and will be following it up with a Gurkha black dragon
    So, just finished the NUB, much better than the first, but this one did have a few weeks in the humi. Smoked a 460, and the ash held on for 3". Fell off right as I was tryin a nub stand. Really enjoyed this NUB, almost as much as the habano. If the flavor developed a little more, it would be better. Anyway, on to the Gurkha.
    cholmes8310:
    So, just finished the NUB, much better than the first, but this one did have a few weeks in the humi. Smoked a 460, and the ash held on for 3". Fell off right as I was tryin a nub stand. Really enjoyed this NUB, almost as much as the habano. If the flavor developed a little more, it would be better. Anyway, on to the Gurkha.
    cholmes8310:
    cholmes8310:
    cholmes8310:
    cholmes8310:
    cholmes8310:
    cholmes8310: