Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I had a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet segundo in the churchill size this afternoon, awesome, awesome smoke. It's a hard act to follow, so I had to choose my night cigar carefully...and what fits the bill better than a La Flor Cameroon Cabinet #1? Well as always, the LFD is an outstanding cigar and has only gotten better (by leaps and bounds) in the year or so it's been in the cooler...hard to believe it's been a year...where does the time go?
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Just had a Padilla 48, i believe Joe hit me with this one. WOW, if you like the Miami, getcha self one of these! Great blend, very flavorful. Not a whole lot of oomph but a damn good cigar. The more i smoke Padilla the more i like his blends. Trying to decide what next, Liga Privada or Oliveros eight zero..hmmm
    Decided on a Man O' War. This one had some burn problems though. First it tunneled pretty bad so i clipped and relit, then it canoed all over the place. I chalk it up to the humidity in that humidor being a tad on the high side. Temps in CA have been rising so humidity around this time of year is a pain to keep in check. But still was a good smoke with a glass o' Russels Reserve on the rocks. Great way to end the night, and start my vacation!
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    How do you think the 48 compares to the 68? The 68 is definately one of my favorite cigars, the 32 is okay, I haven't tried the 48 yet though.

I had a Defiance Toro earlier, it was excellent till I had to put it down (about halfway through). I came back and re-lit it, but it got a little harsh and I was rushing through it.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Had a Ruination last night, very good but potent. This morning was an Isla del Sol Churchill(I believe it was alien who recommended these), tasted just like the Legends Copper label to me.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    zoom6zoom:
    Had a Ruination last night, very good but potent. This morning was an Isla del Sol Churchill(I believe it was alien who recommended these), tasted just like the Legends Copper label to me.

Does that mean you liked it ...
    I don't think they taste too much like the Copper label, but they are definately sweet like the Copper label. I get more of a sweetened coffee flavor off them, with the Copper label i get almost a peach essence. Still, you can't beat em for like $1.50 a stick.

Had my first Camacho 1962 last night, jury is still out on this one. It was bad, but wasn't very good either. I've only had these in the humi like 3 or 4 days, so I'll give them a little rest time and see what I think then.
    Give em another shot, i like the 62. Also dig on the SLR Maduro.

Had my first Gurkha Castle Hall today, been in the humi since like january. Completley unimpressed. Flat, tart flavor, loose and underfilled. Pretty poorly rolled salomon. Smoked about 1/2 of it waiting for it to get better.
    Yeah may have been a bad stick Tony ...I really enjoy the Camacho '62 --great flavor on the ones I had
    I like the SLR Maduro quite a bit too. I am kinda hoping it was just a bad stick or just didn't have enough rest time. I can be pretty antsy when it comes to trying new cigars, I tend to not let them sit for very long if I have more than 1. Like I said, I am going to give it some rest time and see how it is in a month or so.

Speaking of rest time, I just had a Gurkha Legend with about 2 months on it, and it shows. It really was alot better than the other Legends I have smoked, most of those only sat for a few days or maybe two weeks at most. Then I put the rest up in hopes they would get better, and sure enough, they did.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    alienmisprint:
    I like the SLR Maduro quite a bit too. I am kinda hoping it was just a bad stick or just didn't have enough rest time. I can be pretty antsy when it comes to trying new cigars, I tend to not let them sit for very long if I have more than 1. Like I said, I am going to give it some rest time and see how it is in a month or so.

Speaking of rest time, I just had a Gurkha Legend with about 2 months on it, and it shows. It really was alot better than the other Legends I have smoked, most of those only sat for a few days or maybe two weeks at most. Then I put the rest up in hopes they would get better, and sure enough, they did.
    I don't know you look a little green....
    Jetmech_63:
    Just had a Padilla 48, i believe Joe hit me with this one. WOW, if you like the Miami, getcha self one of these! Great blend, very flavorful. Not a whole lot of oomph but a damn good cigar. The more i smoke Padilla the more i like his blends.
    I thought the 1932 was most similar to the Miami...I get a lot more leather with the 1948, whereas the 1932 and Miami both give off more cedar and pepper to my nose. All great cigars though...impossible for me to choose a clear-cut favorite among the three.
    phobicsquirrel:
    alienmisprint:

I don't know you look a little green....
    Well, we can't all be bright eyed and bushy tailed. I just finished up a Tatuaje Havana VI Robusto courtesy of Beta, damn good msoke, although I do think I prefer the Miami a tad more. Only way to be certain is to smoke more of each......
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    j0z3r:
    I had a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet segundo in the churchill size this afternoon, awesome, awesome smoke. It's a hard act to follow, so I had to choose my night cigar carefully...and what fits the bill better than a La Flor Cameroon Cabinet #1? Well as always, the LFD is an outstanding cigar and has only gotten better (by leaps and bounds) in the year or so it's been in the cooler...hard to believe it's been a year...where does the time go?
    Hey Joe, two of my favorites as well. Last week I had a couple LFDCC1, one was great, the other the wrapper was so broken, cracked, and flaking I fought it for over an hour. Still enjoyed the hell out of it but, cello would have prevented that problem..
    Hey kas, good to see ya. I know you've been busy lately, so it's good to see ya around. I agree about the LFD, cello would help to prevent any wrapper cracking on loose cigars...I was fortunate enough to pick up a box on auction about a year ago, so I haven't had that problem. Just talking about it makes me want another, such an awesome smoke. mmm mmm good.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Hey Joe check your PM.. Double today, Nording Robusto.. they seems to be popular around here as of late, and I sure enjoyed it. And an old favorite.... 5 Vegas Classic.. You can't go wrong with either of these.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    kaspera79:
    Hey Joe check your PM.. Double today, Nording Robusto.. they seems to be popular around here as of late, and I sure enjoyed it. And an old favorite.... 5 Vegas Classic.. You can't go wrong with either of these.

I just got a nording from Alien in the movie pass! I cannot wait to try it, but he just got them in, so I need to let them rest a bit!

• LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    DPG series JJ...eh, it was Ok, not great. Liked the cuban classic much better.
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    Got back home from my girlfriends at 5AM, sat down and smoked an AVO Maduro that Tony sent me. Great cigar, I nubbed it down until it almost burnt my lips. One thing about Tony, he has great taste. I love trading with this guy because he labels all his cigars neatly, and it's cool to see.
    Luko:
    DPG series JJ...eh, it was Ok, not great. Liked the cuban classic much better.
    agree...
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I haven't smoked anything since the Jesus Fuego event, but I forgot to mention I did pick up one smoke there that I have wanted to try for a LOOOONNNG time but couldn't find. I actually got my hands on a couple Oliva Serie V Maduros! I'm going to let it sit and rest for a good while, but I am really excited to try it! Not sure what I'll smoke tonight, but I'll have to have something after work!
    3 weeks today since I had a smoke.....come on July 15th ...
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    Hang in the Gene...we're all smoking one for you!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    gmill880:
    I'll smoke one for ya tonight buddy! We are all just glad you're healthy!
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:

Thanks guys ...keep on puffin' for me till I can ...
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    Had an Oliva O Habano today. Good as always. Tomorrow is my bday so I dont know what Ill be smoking. Throw some suggestions my way guys. Ill probably be hitting up several shops tomorrow if they are open. One for sure I know is open.
  • CavguyCavguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9
    I am actually getting ready to go to a CAO event at my local shop tonight. I have yet to try a CAO but I hear good things about them. Has anyone ever been to one of there events before? Any chance on free samples hahaha.
    gmill880:
    PuroFreak:
    gmill880:

Thanks guys ...keep on puffin' for me till I can ...
    why puff one for ya, go for it.
  • HugemooseHugemoose Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 458
    I had a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabnet No. 4 two nights ago. I really enjoyed it. For the size of it I was quite impressed with the burn time! I am used to thicker gauges so I enjoyed the very even burn and zero tunneling. Maybe it was just me, but it got pretty spicy by the end. It had quite the kick for a smaller cigar. Tonight, although it is almost 1am, I might go out and have a RP Vintage 90. I have had them for a while and have been wanting to give it a shot. I enjoyed the 92 so we shall see.
    Cavguy:
    I am actually getting ready to go to a CAO event at my local shop tonight. I have yet to try a CAO but I hear good things about them. Has anyone ever been to one of there events before? Any chance on free samples hahaha.

Try the MX3, yup i said "3", they had them at the CAO event here 2 weeks ago and they rock.

Today was a good day, started with a Perdomo ESV Second, awesome flavor smoke as always. Moved on to a Punch Rare Corojo which these just keep getting better and better as they age. Finally my first Gurkha Legend c/o Tony and i was floored. An awesome smoke from Gurkha. I dont know what took me so long to try them. Right up there with my other favorite Gurkha, the signature 101 Maduro.