Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    WOW! Sorry for all the posts ... Stupid iPhone froze up, didn't realize it was posting each time. Sorry
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    cholmes8310:
    WOW! Sorry for all the posts ... Stupid iPhone froze up, didn't realize it was posting each time. Sorry

LOL!
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    cholmes8310:
    cholmes8310:
    Smokin a nub maduro right now, and will be following it up with a Gurkha black dragon
    So, just finished the NUB, much better than the first, but this one did have a few weeks in the humi. Smoked a 460, and the ash held on for 3". Fell off right as I was tryin a nub stand. Really enjoyed this NUB, almost as much as the habano. If the flavor developed a little more, it would be better. Anyway, on to the Gurkha.
    Ok, so the Gurkha Black Dragon - not really what I was expecting. Kinda bland. It had a razor straight burn, but a real tight draw that didn't produce much smoke at all, and not much flavor. I got some coffee through the nose, and a bit of pepper about halfway through, but nothing much else. I just got it in the mail two days ago, so maybe it needs age. But I'm not sure age would do much for a flavor that wasn't there to begin with.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    smoking a tatuaje miami havana cazador with my buddy and my girlfriend's stepfather to celebrate her graduation. Just an awesome smoke with lots of spice. gotta love the tat miami's
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Just finished an Oliva G Maduro, excellent smoke as usual. I really think these will be my next box purchase.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    gmill880:
    cholmes8310:

LOL!
    yup, be careful where you say that, some apple nuts would have a flame war... lol
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    cholmes8310:
    cholmes8310:
    cholmes8310:
    Smokin a nub maduro right now, and will be following it up with a Gurkha black dragon
    So, just finished the NUB, much better than the first, but this one did have a few weeks in the humi. Smoked a 460, and the ash held on for 3". Fell off right as I was tryin a nub stand. Really enjoyed this NUB, almost as much as the habano. If the flavor developed a little more, it would be better. Anyway, on to the Gurkha.
    Ok, so the Gurkha Black Dragon - not really what I was expecting. Kinda bland. It had a razor straight burn, but a real tight draw that didn't produce much smoke at all, and not much flavor. I got some coffee through the nose, and a bit of pepper about halfway through, but nothing much else. I just got it in the mail two days ago, so maybe it needs age. But I'm not sure age would do much for a flavor that wasn't there to begin with.
    yeah that's how I felt too. I was a bit dissapointed especially since the green dragon is a great cigar as is the dragon fire. eh, can't win 'em all.
  • kmfm0122kmfm0122 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3
    I once again started with an Oliva G Special G, then finished the evening off with an Oliva V Belicoso...fantastic day
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I started this morning with a big mug of coffee and a Cusano Hermanos Vintage courtesy of my buddy Gene. Gene, you nailed it with this cigar, mild in strength but such a great flavor going on, I especially liked the dry cedar I picked up on the finish. Oh, and I liked how the wrapper under the band was a few shades darker. Aside from that awesome cigar, I had part of a Fonseca robusto, not bad but nothing great going on, then later I had a Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet #4 which is a solid offering every time. All in all it was a good day, and it may not be over yet, I could still sneak one more in.
  • JdoraisJdorais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 653
    Started the evening off with a sol cabano toperdo which was great then after a nice full dinner finally got a chance to try the 5 vegas "A" and i was most inpressed by this!
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Last night had a Verdadero that I got months and months ago when they first came out. Not a bad smoke, but lacking a little in flavor. I got the raisin smell prelight but not on the pre draw or during the burn.

I just got back from smoking a Padilla Miami robusto. THis one was much better than my first. That SoB is a strong cigar. I got this one back when ccom was offering the 3 for $5. Had to eat a granola bar with it before I got too light headed. The last inch and a half was lacking a little. It lost some flavor but I enjoyed it. I got a couple more of these lying around. :-)
    Just a couple for me today, I wasn't feeling up to smoking until mid-afternoon due to a bit too much of the Buffalo Trace last night...didn't realize I'd had too much until it was too late, then I didn't care :)

Started with a Padron panatela that lasted a solid 90 minutes, awesome cigar. Later was an El Rey del Mundo choix supreme, a beautiful not-quite-robusto that smokes like a dream and tastes even better.
  • thizzcorethizzcore Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 48
    i really wish i had a better place to purchase cigars at we dont even carry 5 vegas, our tatuajes are dry and cracked its shitty. i smoked a olivia g series today which was actually a pretty good smoke. i enjoyed it with a nice cup of sweet tea and the ufc fights from last night ahh two of my fav things...

• madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    thats what ccom is for.
  • thizzcorethizzcore Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 48
    i've figured that out already lol. ordering the verdadero organics right now on special. but i love to browse a shops humidor. its just fun for me.
    Had a CI Anniversary at a firend's house earlier while he enjoyed a 5 Vegas Gold Torpedo. Then I came home and capped the night off with a Alec Bradley Medalist. All in all, I ha d avery nice, relaxing day.
  • jbs5869jbs5869 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9
    smoked a cusano corojo churchill.  delicious, but far too large for a noob like me
  • betasynnbetasynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    Yesterday, I finally got to Boston to pick up my half of a trade with Tony. My dad was keeping the sticks humidified, and I decided to smoke a Alec Bradley MAXX on the way down to the Ferry. It was really a great stick, tons of flavor, a good amount of pepper, which I love, and a great draw. Then I moved on to an Arturo Fuente when I got bumped back to a later ferry. It was a very decent cigar, but it didn't have the same level of flavor I was looking for. It was sort of bland. Finally, on my way back from my girlfriend's house, I smoked a CAO Brazil, courtesy (again) of Tony. So two great sticks from Tony yesterday.
    Just one for me today, a La Flor Dominicana Ligero Oscuro robusto...I'm really getting to like this cigar, such a stellar flavor profile and a good dose of power. I could smoke two back to back...might just do that one of these days.
    Had a 5 Vegas Gold earlier today, always a good choice. I just got finished with a Famous Dominican I got for free recently. I figured since it was free, I'd give it a shot. Worst case scenario, I butt and light up something different. Suprisingly, I smoked it down to the nub. It wasn't by any means a great cigar, but it was good and better than a few I have actually paid for. I would probably consider buying some if there was a really good deal on 'em. And it was good enough to make me curious about the other Famous house blends.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    I had a Padron 1926 earlier, and it was worth every penny. Great draw, nice amount of smoke, and tons of flavor. I'm capping the day off with a Nub Maduro and a Dos Equis.
    I just finished an absolutley fantastic cigar, a 777 Robusto. This thing rivals the CAO MX2 and Vigilante Maduro for my favorite maduro now, it is so packed full of flavor. Flavor that is sooooo good. It is by Jesus Fuego, the same man responsible for the Defiance. And it had only been in my humidor for about two days now, I can't wait to see what it is going to be like in a month or so. My only regret with this cigar is that I only picked up one 5 pack when they were on a daily deal, I am seriously kicking myself in the ass right now for not getting more.
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 356
    I just smoked a 5 Vegas Series 'A' Artisan. It was a decent smoke.
    Yesterday, I had a bit of money on hand, so I went to my local B&M. Started up with the new Nub Maduro, which I actually enjoyed a bit, but not so much as the Habano. Then, I smoked a Camacho SLR, which was fantastic. I've yet to have a bad Camacho. He also threw in a pair of La Bonita Orange Labels for free. So it was a good day.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    betasynn:
    Then, I smoked a Camacho SLR, which was fantastic. I've yet to have a bad Camacho.
    SLR maduro or just the SLR? ive never had a bad camacho either.
    kuzi16:
    betasynn:
    Then, I smoked a Camacho SLR, which was fantastic. I've yet to have a bad Camacho.
    The SLR Maduro, sorry. It was great. Also, I was kicking around the walk-in, looking for stuff to try, and I spotted the Vengeance cigar. I remember somebody saying they could never find it, my guy carries them, so I could probably ship a few out.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    Lunch Chilli Dog. Dessert my 1st Gurkha Titan. Not bad on upon lighting it...we will see.
    betasynn:
    kuzi16:
    betasynn:
    The SLR Maduro, sorry. It was great. Also, I was kicking around the walk-in, looking for stuff to try, and I spotted the Vengeance cigar. I remember somebody saying they could never find it, my guy carries them, so I could probably ship a few out.
    Vengeance or Vigilante? If it is Vigilante, we need to have a talk, lol.
    Might be the Vigilante, I'll check next time I go. Tony, might as well open up a credit line with me.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    today i had an onyx reserve lonsdale. good smoke while reading on the porch this afternoon.

off to work with me!!