Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    Smoked an Alec Bradley Tempus last nite. First third was great, good flavors. Second third was nothing but misery trying to keep it lit, last third still sits in the ashtray. I' m thinking 69% humidity is too much for this stick.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    kaspera79:
    Hey alien, would that be the almond or cashew like tadte that seem to carry on in that cigar.. It is kind of buttery too. Nice flavors, that make you want to keep drawing on it to figure it out, then it gets lost in the heat.
    Exactly. I don't think it was exactly an almond flavor, maybe kinda amaretto-ish? But yes, I know exactly what you are talking about. The one last night started getting soft with about 3/4 of an inch left. I slowed down a little and ended up nubbing it.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    Haven't had a smoke since Sunday. Probably will not have one tonight either. However, I may have one tomorrow night at the softball game then Friday a semi local B&M is having a Miami Cigars and La Aurora event.
    ironhorse:

haha, no I am just new to the game and only been smoking for about a month. But the cigar had an awesome draw and I guess I couldnt help myself. It wasn't too strong of a smoke, I would say it was perfectly balanced. I have never had the same cigar twice, but I would put that one in the top spot now.

Never had the ESG, but I am going to be trying all the ashtons so we'll see!

I have had all three ESG sizes and I still think the VSG is better. Granted, I have only had the VSG in the robusto size but it was far superior in my opinion. Definatly try them though.
  • ironhorseironhorse Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 469
    Even though it made me a little ill, I was really impressed by that smoke. One of the few that I was completely satisfied I spent the extra money. Thats the type of cigar I would like to give as a gift.

The ESG is going to be a tougher find, but I have many smokes ahead of me. I won't rush to get it though, and will keep it in mind.
    ironhorse:
    Even though it made me a little ill, I was really impressed by that smoke. One of the few that I was completely satisfied I spent the extra money. Thats the type of cigar I would like to give as a gift. The ESG is going to be a tougher find, but I have many smokes ahead of me. I won't rush to get it though, and will keep it in mind.
    Cigar.com has them but they are not listed. I'm not sure of the sizes they have but they do have them or at least did have them. Give them a call.
  • gaberoxgaberox Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 824
    Just had the most frustrating time with an RP OWR Corojo. I basically smoked nothing but filler and binder for a whole cigar. The thick wrapper just would not burn. I toasted the edges nicely than blew on the cigar to get a  nice even cherry. Then wham tunnel city through the whole damn thing. I shoulda just put it out and went with something else. I kept trying to save it, what a waste of time.
    Enjoying a JDN Celebracion right now. It is still early in the cigar, but it is coming off kind of like a weaker version of the Antano. Still pretty good, but I was expecting something different.
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
    Hello to all. Fairly new. I've only been smoking cigars for a couple of months now. Currently I am enjoying a Guinness and smoking an Alec Bradley Harvest '97.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    martymcg43:
    Hello to all. Fairly new. I've only been smoking cigars for a couple of months now. Currently I am enjoying a Guinness and smoking an Alec Bradley Harvest '97.

wELCOME MARTY
    martymcg43:
    Welcome brother!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Today was a Camacho Havana Jamastran.. I have been enjoying a lot more Camachos lately.. This is one that I have really grown very fond of.
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    I was sitting around the house sorting through some photos I took for a suicidegirls set. Tedious, mind numbing work to be sure, so I decided to grab a smoke and drag the laptop out on the porch.

Smoking a Gurkha Turk. Decent mild smoke on a pleasantly humid evening.
  • TheedgeTheedge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 316
    I like the Turk, along the same lines of the RP Connecticut I just had I think. Just a nice mild smooth smoke. Not anything I'd spend too much time thinking about.

The Connecticut could use a sexier band, perhaps an odd comment to make, but hey, it's just boring.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    NOTHING!!! I was gonna smoke...went to shop in downtown Greenville, NC. I walked in to check it out, talked to the owner...said 'oh good you have lounge'. He said yeah, for members. Oh well I'm from out of town, thanks. Nothing, I was a little surprised about the membership thing. I found out later though that the area I was in had strict indoor smoking laws and membership was a way around it...still it sucked and I didn't get to smoke.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 972
    Had a Verdadero Organic while studying for the GMAT exam... My first... And.. It was quite awesome. I was so pleased with smoke that am about to purchase a box or at least a 5-pack... I do not like mild cigars anymore, but oddly enough this one I feel will be on my smoking list for a while...
  • bigj51bigj51 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 52
    RP decade and a java by DE
  • shamrockedshamrocked Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 285

just enjoyed a cao gold maduro - i would say it is more of a mild cigar but had a nice even burn and a light, pleasent smoke throughout. started to get pretty hot once i made it about two-thirds of the way down but it was most likely because i was trying to finish it quickly since i needed to run an errand. overall an ejoyable smoke - i still like the fuller bodied cao's more.

i am on the fence about buying the organic cigar - it is the dotd though. tough decision - first good review that i have read about it today

• Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 972
    shamrocked:

i am on the fence about buying the organic cigar - it is the dotd though. tough decision - first good review that i have read about it today

Do it! Buy a 5-pack or something... I think it is well worth the try... It is mild though! As much as the CAO Gold Maduro... So decide - it has quite a lot of flavor though... Anyway - cigar.com has a deal right now... deal of the day - get it :)!
  • shamrockedshamrocked Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 285
    too late now ... sooo what is the word on the leon jiminez haha
    martymcg43:
    Welcome! I enjoy the '97 too, I think I only have one or two left though.

Bad Andy:
    NOTHING!!! I was gonna smoke...went to shop in downtown Greenville, NC. I walked in to check it out, talked to the owner...said 'oh good you have lounge'. He said yeah, for members. Oh well I'm from out of town, thanks. Nothing, I was a little surprised about the membership thing. I found out later though that the area I was in had strict indoor smoking laws and membership was a way around it...still it sucked and I didn't get to smoke.
    That sucks man, I'm sorry you got such a shitty deal in my home state. I have never heard of bad indoor smoking laws in NC, hell, up to a few years ago you could still smoke in grocery stores! There are some other great B&M's around though, if you ever plan on going through Wilmington or Smithfield, drop me a line and I'll tell you where to go.

Had a 5 Vegas Miami Belicoso earlier while watching a movie. Very good stick, it's been so long since I had one I forgot I liked them, lol.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I got nothing as well!

I've been trying to smoke a CAO America Robusto that my girlfriend bought me a year ago on our 1 year anniversary (8/18) but the rain and humidity have screwed me royally...

I feel weird when my girlfriend wants me to smoke more than I do!
  • TheedgeTheedge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 316
    The organics leave a really black peppery taste in my mouth about 2 hours later, which I really enjoy.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Nothing for me last night either, but I'm planning on going to the B&M after work today for a smoke with some buddies and to browse around the humi. I'm thinkin I need to try something new, or something good that I haven't had in a long time. Maybe something by la Flor... It's been a while since I've enjoyed one of their smokes.
  • bbc020bbc020 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,422
    I had a La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisel last night while playing a couple games of scrabble...great cigar through and through. Amazing how complex it is. Then later the strength caught up to me. I wasn't falling over, but it had an effect.
    I'm in the middle of a La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial trying to salvage it. A bit of the wrapper came off when I took off the band, and then when I clipped it, the wrapper pretty much exploded. I've smoked it down about halfway now, trying to get what I can out of it. I would normally trash a 'gar that did that, but this is the first Edicion Especial I've had, wanted to see if I like it better than the regular La Aroma's. So far the answer is no, but I can't really judge it off this stick. Grrrrrr....guess I'll have to buy more.
    I brought a CAO MX2 with me tonight that a friend gave me about 2 months ago. It's a huge Torpedo. I also brought with me a Gurkha Double Maduro in case I have bad luck with the MX2 or I finish is sooner than expected.

On a different note, I just bade another purchase today. Got myself a few VSG Wizards, Enchantments, Belicoso No. 1s and some of thise nifty looking Padilla semi barber pole cigars. Also, got myself a10 pack of the AB Harvest '97 Robusto and a 5ver of the Partagas Spanish Rosado. Tuesday I ordered some more Taback Expecial. 2 Maduro and 2 Connie and 2 packs of the Sherpa Cafe. More cigars and no place to put them. Uh Oh.
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    Just finished Gurkha Triple Ligero. Burn started very uneven but by the time I finished it was razor sharp. Not much flavor at first but something clicked at the halfway point and this thing had a ton of flavor. Not one of my favorite sticks but still very enjoyable.
    jpclotfelter:
    Just finished Gurkha Triple Ligero. Burn started very uneven but by the time I finished it was razor sharp. Not much flavor at first but something clicked at the halfway point and this thing had a ton of flavor. Not one of my favorite sticks but still very enjoyable.
    I've been surprised by how strong this cigar isn't. I expected it to knock me on my a$$ but it didn't. I liked it but it wasn't a favorite either.
  • martymcg43martymcg43 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 396
    having my "go to" El Rey Del Mundo Robusto. and what the hell, another guinness as well.