Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Nothing for me tonight I don't think. I had a 601 Blue BPT for lunch and I'm planning on watching No Country for Old Men tonight. So me and my bourbon are staying inside tonight I believe.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    urbino:
    Thanks, kas. Same to you and so many others around here.

But not everybody. I don't want to name names or nuthin', but you know who you are.
    Seriously ? Sorry to hear that. Have a good one brother Urbino.
    madurofan:
    Nothing for me tonight I don't think. I had a 601 Blue BPT for lunch and I'm planning on watching No Country for Old Men tonight. So me and my bourbon are staying inside tonight I believe.
    After you watch that movie I would like to hear what you thought about the movie.. I won't comment until then.. Hope ya' like it.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    After you watch that movie I would like to hear what you thought about the movie.. I won't comment until then.. Hope ya' like it.
    I'd like to hear what you think as well, I'll reserve any comments except to say I quite liked it.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    kaspera79:
    urbino:

But not everybody. I don't want to name names or nuthin', but you know who you are.
    No, not seriously, kas. :)
    urbino:
    kaspera79:
    urbino:

Damn Urbino.. I should have known better.
    kaspera79:
    urbino:
    kaspera79:
    urbino:

Damn Urbino.. I should have known better.
    Yes, you should have...urbino +1 :)

I finished up a little bit ago with a ccom Cameroon label robusto. Not a bad cigar, not really good either, just ok. It had a dry, woody character and some spice, ample pepper through the nose. No depth to it really, but that's not necessarily bad.
    Hmmmm . . . I need to start exploring the ccom sampler I got a while back. Maybe not tonight, since those are in my other humi and will need to be moved to the lower RH environment of my main humi before smoking, but soon.

Tonight? I'll just open the humi and see what grabs me.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
    Careful Urbi from the sounds of your humi, it might be me grabbin you as I run off with your smokes. Of course if you got some sticks from Maddy, it could also be a giant beetle too.
    rdnstn:
    Careful Urbi from the sounds of your humi, it might be me grabbin you as I run off with your smokes. Of course if you got some sticks from Maddy, it could also be a giant beetle too.
    Ron, Don't you know that right now maddys pulling all his sticks down to the deep freeze for the third time this month.. We have got to stop torturing this poor guy.. Oh by the way Maddy , did you sell that Ranger yet ? Another sad story.
    Maybe he could sell the truck to the beetles to carry off his cigars with.
    rdnstn:
    Heh. If I open it up and Daisy grabs me, it'd restore my faith in a benevolent god.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 682
    An Oliva Serie G Cameroon Special G...and rated :D Oh man, this one got a RRS = Wow!
    I just finished with an Oliva Serie G cameroon belicoso.... I'm on a cameroon kick today, and boy what a smoke. The only bad thing was a minor plug in the taper, I re-cut it and it drew much better. Incredible flavor woody with a nice touch of spice and a good leathery finish, I just wish it lasted longer than the 70 minutes that it did.... almost tempted to chain smoke these babies. I give this a "Wow!" rating as well.

Joe
  • pilot711pilot711 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 176
    Rocky Patel Vintage 1990 with the morning coffee. Great start to the day!
  • sdipsdip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406

I started yesterday with a Perdomo Lot 23. Great cigar - good flavor and lots of smoke. Had a CAO Cameroon mid-day, which I also enjoyed. Finished the evening with a Cohiba Limatada 08 churchill. Super cigar.

• rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
    The Lot 23 is a very good cigar. I was pleasantly surprised, it was better than I expected. For me, I finally tried the CCOM Corojo label last night. It was very good as others have said. I think I still like the Red Label better, but this was just as good as the Brazilian label, just different.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Yesterday was a 601 Blue label for lunch, one of my favorites, and an RP Conneticut (way too mild for me) after dinner.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I am on vacation for the next 6 days... and due to cancelled plans I am home alone all week and the girlfriend is out of town!!! I don't know where to begin!

I've got some smokes I've been holding on for about a month now and they need to see the light of day...

Maybe a Hemmingway, or a Diamond Crown Maximus today... Tomorrow might call for a trip to the shop for some RP Decades... or maybe a TITAN from my COTMC sampler...

Ahhhh.... glory days
    sdip:

I started yesterday with a Perdomo Lot 23. Great cigar - good flavor and lots of smoke. Had a CAO Cameroon mid-day, which I also enjoyed. Finished the evening with a Cohiba Limatada 08 churchill. Super cigar.

Damn, you guys with your three cigar days !! I'm glad you went three for three but jealous as hell. I need to take more time, go golfing or fishing all day and just burn one after another..
    Hey Kas - that's what vacations are for!
    sdip:
    You guys take vacations? I'm always so busy I can't take a day off it seems, let alone an actual vacation.
    sdip:
    I have heard of that before ... I should take one some time soon ! Good for you, enjoy that time off.
    So, to rub it in - another three cigar vacation day and three of my favorites. This morning I had a Sol Cubano Cabinet robusto and early aftertoon was a CAO Italia robusto. I finished the night w/ a 5 Vegas Red torpedo. A very good day!
    sdip:
    So, to rub it in - another three cigar vacation day and three of my favorites. This morning I had a Sol Cubano Cabinet robusto and early aftertoon was a CAO Italia robusto. I finished the night w/ a 5 Vegas Red torpedo. A very good day!
    Man, three of my favorites.. A very good day indeed ! I had another Bauza by Fuentes Robusto That's five days in a row.. all GREAT! I need to get another box soon the way these are disappearing from my humidor. I like to let them sit awhile before I smoke them and I would hate to have them and not put them to their best use, Burning slowly
    Had myself a 5 Vegas Limitada 2006 tonight, and what a nice cigar that is, a very pleasant mild-medium body that's just smooth as silk. I like 5 Vegas more with each one of their cigars I have. Even burn, perfect draw and cool down to the end and a good way to spend 90 minutes.
    j0z3r:
    Had myself a 5 Vegas Limitada 2006 tonight, and what a nice cigar that is, a very pleasant mild-medium body that's just smooth as silk. I like 5 Vegas more with each one of their cigars I have. Even burn, perfect draw and cool down to the end and a good way to spend 90 minutes.
    Today on the way home I had a 5 Vegas Miami.. what a treat.. This cigar burned great tasted just fine and left me wanting more. The good people at 5 Vegas know how to put out some might nice cigars.. Everyone must try a Vegas..
    Hey joe.. By the way, Happy 500 You reached a milestone yourself today..
    kaspera79:
    Thanks, I hadn't even noticed. Knew I was getting close. And to think I was more than a bit hesitant about posting on a cigar forum in the first place, I'm glad I went ahead and got past that to learn how cool the people here are.
    j0z3r:
    kaspera79:
    Thanks, I hadn't even noticed. Knew I was getting close. And to think I was more than a bit hesitant about posting on a cigar forum in the first place, I'm glad I went ahead and got past that to learn how cool the people here are.
    Right back at 'ya..It's nice to have you here.
    I've been a bit under the weather for the last couple of days, so nothing for me. Plan to change that tonight, though.
    Lasabar:
    I am on vacation for the next 6 days... and due to cancelled plans I am home alone all week and the girlfriend is out of town!!! I don't know where to begin!
    Um, hookers. Hello?