Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    urbino:
    If the Cameroon didn't exist, I'd probably keep some Habanos around for short smokes. But since the Cameroon does exist, I'd much rather have those.
    Well said!
  • CaptCapt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 127

urbino:
    I'll just agree with what you and kuzi and maddy have already said on the Nub Habano and Cameroon. If the Cameroon didn't exist, I'd probably keep some Habanos around for short smokes.

Do you consider over an hour a short smoke?  Just curious.

• urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    The Nubs generally don't last that long for me, Capt. About 45 min. is typical.

urbino:

WoW!  Thats pretty fast! 

It's been awhile since I smoked NC's, I am just trying to get back into the newer releases.

• kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    the nubs are a huge ring guage but they are short. im know that they have the same amout of tobacco as "larger" sizes but i find that a cigar that is 5 inches long lasts me about 1 hour 15-20 min no matter what the ring. now, i still havent had the nub (ill get there) but but i cant imagine that it would last much more than 50- 60 min for me.
    Capt:

urbino:

WoW!  Thats pretty fast! 

It's been awhile since I smoked NC's, I am just trying to get back into the newer releases.

Yeah, I'm generally a fast smoker. Sometimes I focus on going slower, but generally I just let my natural pace take its course.
    Cuban Parejo by Perdomo...
    the review is up
    Also, what kuzi said. Contrary to some, the key for me seems to be length, not girth.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    The Nub that I smoked the other night was a quick smoke also. About 40-45 minutes. And it got hot, it was odd. If it hadn't got hot I maybe had another 10 minutes smoke time on it but it was to harsh to continue.
  • sdipsdip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406

Tonight was a Torano Casa Torano torpedo and a Hemingway Signature. The Torano was much milder than I thought it would and flavor wasn't much. Mediocre smoke. Hemingway was excellent as usual.

• LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    San Cristobal - Robusto... 1.5 months resting... COLOR ME EXCITED!!!!
    Sounds good, Lassy. Let us know. I think I'm gonna have this Nestor Plasencia that sdip sent me. I've been making myself not smoke it ever since it arrived.
    urbino:
    Sounds good, Lassy. Let us know. I think I'm gonna have this Nestor Plasencia that sdip sent me. I've been making myself not smoke it ever since it arrived.

You betcha! I'm writing away on this guy as I speak (er, um type) to you guys. And may you enjoy yours as well!

May not be the most linear cigar review though, because the girlfriend is also out on the porch with me (She is smoking a CAO Flavours Vanilla)
    The Nestor Reserve Maduro was quite good. Full review in my log. Thanks, sdip!
    Cohiba Siglo III tonight. Box date AUG 2007. Smooth, flawles wrapper, with flavors of honey, tea, with a short, graham cracker finish. Somewhat tight draw, but this is still a young cigar. Paired well with the Havana Club rum.
    Glad you enjoyed. Cigar Affc supposedly rated it a 93
    sdip:
    Glad you enjoyed. Cigar Affc supposedly rated it a 93
    Sdip, I never go by what CA says. I have seen some of the most one sided reviews come from that mag. I heard throught the grapevine that the more advertising money you give them, the better the rating you will receive. Heard this from a few companies. My theory is smoke what you like, and don't worry about what everyone else is smoking.
    Can see how that would work. So far though, I have enjoyed most of those with a high rating.
    I think I'll hop outside and smoke this 5 Vegas Classic that Scrambler, I think, sent me.
    im gunna try to get in a sancho panza double maduro with some friends tonight. wish me luck!
    Just cracked the seal on a box of Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No.1, box date SXF MAR05. Nice cigar, somewhat tight draw, but definitely ready to smoke. Notes of honey, cedar and leather, but not much depth. Finish is lasting. I know since I opened this box, it is not going to last long! I usually don't drink carbonated beverages with cigars, but I had a full glass of Maker's Mark and Coke Zero from dinner so I thought what the heck. Not a good combo with this particular cigar, IMHO. Would have been better off with straight MM.
    Luck, kuzi!

The 5 Vegas Classic is a pleasant smoke. I'm not going to review this one because I had a long interruption in it to help some neighborhood kids with their bikes. Despite the long break, during which it went cold, it smoked well and burned consistently. Definitely something I'll want to try more of.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Had a Hemingway Classic tonight, lovely cigar. Last night was a H. Upmann #2, a nice cigar that will be better with some more time on it.
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    Glad you enjoyed the 5 Vegas Classic, Urbino.

Since today is my birthday, I'm indulging a bit. My girlfriend took me out for a great dinner at a steakhouse in the french quarter. I'm following it up with a Graycliff Professionale. It's quite tasty. As with all their sticks, I doubt I'd pay retail, but when a deal is found they are worth smoking.
    kuzi16:
    im gunna try to get in a sancho panza double maduro with some friends tonight. wish me luck!
    and FAILURE!!!!

did drink some good beer though.
    Had a DPG Blue this afternoon.Nice smoke, not as spicy as other DPG's I have smoked. Tonight was a Gurkha Centurion after going to see Jimmy Buffet. Excellent smoke with a flavor consistently through that I couldn't place.
    The night is still young, kuz. Fire up that Sancho.

You just can't go wrong with the Hemingway, can you, Joe? Just a classic, classic cigar. (Especially the Classic.) God bless those Fuente boys.

I think you need to give us more info on the Graycliff, Scrambler. And happy birthday!

I just polished off a Gurkha Beast. It's a good cigar, but nothing terribly special, I have to say. I can't imagine I'll ever pay full price for one. It also didn't strike me as nearly as strong as advertised.
    Tonight is a La Flor Dominicana "Reserva Especial" El Jocko Natural.... I'm half in the bag after going to a bar to watch a live Swing dance band, so not much review headed your way, but a good cigar none-the-less
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    urbino:

You just can't go wrong with the Hemingway, can you, Joe? Just a classic, classic cigar. (Especially the Classic.) God bless those Fuente boys.
    Yeah, quite a nice cigar urby and its all thanks to you, I probably would have tried one eventually, but thanks all the same. I'm down to one lone cigar, so I'll be looking into a box sooner rather than later I suppose as this is one I can say for sure I'd like to have on hand.
    Tonight I smoked a Rocky Patel Fusion Double Maduro toro and it was simply the best maduro I have ever smoked. Lots of smoke, perfect draw and a fantastic balance of spice and chocolate flavors. Wow!