Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    I haven't tried the toro, sdip, but I like the lancero a lot.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    kuzi16:
    kuzi16:
    im gunna try to get in a sancho panza double maduro with some friends tonight. wish me luck!
    and FAILURE!!!!

did drink some good beer though.
    good things come to those who wait. Me and some buds got in those sancho panzas tonight. drank some good beer and had some good converstation. the good life.
  • CaptCapt Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 127
    kuzi16:
    kuzi16:
    kuzi16:
    im gunna try to get in a sancho panza double maduro with some friends tonight. wish me luck!
    and FAILURE!!!!

good things come to those who wait. Me and some buds got in those sancho panzas tonight. drank some good beer and had some good converstation. the good life.
    I got an assorted box of SP's that have been aging since about 2003. Ya want em? I don't like them.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Capt:
    kuzi16:
    kuzi16:
    kuzi16:
    and FAILURE!!!!

I got an assorted box of SP's that have been aging since about 2003. Ya want em? I don't like them.
    uh

HELLS YEAH!!! im on that like flies on ***. PM sent
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Tonight was a "Sunday Funday" extraveganza... so no real winners here... but just a "Quorum".... this was part of the sampler pack...

Good burn, Even, crappy flaky ash and no flavor... but for 1.50 a stick... okay
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    urbino:
    I think you need to give us more info on the Graycliff, Scrambler.
    The main thing I remember is that it was a bit spicy. I'm not sure I had actually felt spice from a cigar before this one. I didn't take notes though, so I tossed one in your MAW package so you can give us a proper review.
    Dude! That's an expensive cigar! You are one crazy mofo. But thanks!
    I got them on auction for like $6 each, so its no biggie. Enjoy.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    I had a Padilla Obsidian tonight, and I am quite pleased with my first Padilla. This cigar was so oily and rich, the pre-light aroma was damp and earthy. I did have some minor burn issues, but nothing to note really. Construction was pretty good and the flavor was excellent. I give this one two enthusiastic nubs up.

Joe
    Glad to hear it, Joe. I have some Padilla 68s on the way, and I have high hopes for them.

I just had a Ccom Cameroon robusto, the first Ccom I've had since the Purple Label. This was definitely much better. The draw was very loose, though, so it smoked so fast I don't feel like I got a true sense of its full flavor. I pulled it out of the humi because I wanted a short smoke -- it's just unspeakably hot and humid here right now -- but it was even shorter than I anticipated. Still, I'd probably give it an 8.25.
    I liked the ccom cameroon as well, the draw was so loose it practically smoked itself, but it was good all the same. I've got 2 Padilla 68's myself, I'm quite looking forward to trying one.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    Well I'm at work right now for about another 30 minutes, then I pull another 12 hour shift tomorrow night, but I'm thinking to celebrate the end of my work week when I get off tomorrow night I'm going to fire up a Padron 4000 Maduro that I've been sitting on for about 4 months. Has anyone here tried one and if so what were your thoughts on it. I'll try to post my opinion after I give it a try. Also playing golf wednesday and tryin to figure out what smoke I want to take with me... I'll post about that one too when I decide what its going to be... until then...
  • vankleekkwvankleekkw Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 404
    You guys wont be disappointed by the Padilla 68
    PuroFreak:
    Well I'm at work right now for about another 30 minutes, then I pull another 12 hour shift tomorrow night, but I'm thinking to celebrate the end of my work week when I get off tomorrow night I'm going to fire up a Padron 4000 Maduro that I've been sitting on for about 4 months. Has anyone here tried one and if so what were your thoughts on it. I'll try to post my opinion after I give it a try. Also playing golf wednesday and tryin to figure out what smoke I want to take with me... I'll post about that one too when I decide what its going to be... until then...
    I've had a Padron maduro, but it was a 3000, I think, and so long ago I don't remember much about it, other than that it's a positive memory.
  • dep691dep691 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311

Tonight I'm gonna have a olivia master blends III robusto. Last nite was Padron 6000 natural, awesome cigar would recommend this smoke to anyone. Great flavor, lots of smoke, the Padron line is becomming one of my favs.

• LCarLCar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 57
    Tonight I think I will have a Gurkha Titan. I absolutely love the Gurkha brand. Last night was a conneticut Nub, which wasn't a bad smoke either.
  • sdipsdip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406

Yesterday was a 5 Vegas Classic Churchill on the golf course followed by a Graycliff PG robusto in the evening. The 5 Vegas was a great golf cigar.

Tonight I'm doing a Padilla Obsidian.

Saw a couple of posts on the Padilla 68. I also have a few sitting and look forward to giving one a test drive.

• kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    LCar:
    Tonight I think I will have a Gurkha Titan. I absolutely love the Gurkha brand. Last night was a conneticut Nub, which wasn't a bad smoke either.
    hey LCar, If you didn't liked the Connecticut Nub, don't give up on the line.. I think you will really enjoy the Cameroon Nub. ( my favorite ) The flavor profile is excellent, and sure to please. in my opinion.
    I've been really looking forward to trying out the Nub Cameroon! I think I might have to hit my local shop tomorrow and get a few to try out. I've heard a lot of good things about them.
    Just ordered a few myself. Although I probably won't get around to smoking them for a few years. I'll let ya guys know how they age...lol I am a big fan of Cameroon wrappers, so this will be an interesting cigar.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    Capt:
    Just ordered a few myself. Although I probably won't get around to smoking them for a few years. I'll let ya guys know how they age...lol I am a big fan of Cameroon wrappers, so this will be an interesting cigar.
    Capt...do you age everything you smoke?
    Kind of, sort of. When I got into cigars, I knew I was going in head first. I am the kind of person, if I do something, it can't be on a small scale. I have to go all out...... Maybe that's why my wife left me. HA! So I bought a few singles, and if I like something, I would buy a box or three. Now, with a new release, we'll take this Nub for instance. I am not real familiar with this cigar, so I do not know if contains aged tobacco. I personally don't think alot of cigars have had enough time to rest, and, for a lack of a better term "fuse" flavors together. By low humidity aging (60-62%) this give the oils time to distribute, loose that fermenting ammonia smell, and help the different blends of tobacco compliment each other. If you think a cigar is great, try it with a few years of age on it. You would be suprised at the difference it will make. Most cigars age very well. Others do not. I like to smoke a single stick out of a box every few months, until I feel it is right, and the box will be gone in a matter of weeks. This is where the pre-planning comes in, buying multiple boxes. So my advice to you is this. If you like a certain cigar, try to buy an box, or even 10-15 singles. It may seem difficult to afford to do this, but instead of buying an assortment of cigars, stick to multiples of the same. It will be hard to keep your hands off of it, but it will be worth it. That is what is so cool about Cigar.com Aging Room. Look around a pick up a few singles and you will see what I am talking about. Cigar.com thought ahead and held boxes back, just for this reason. They age so you don't have to wait.
    I think I'm gonna have this Oliva Special S that I didn't even know I had. Did somebody send me this? I don't remember it being in the Oliva sampler, but maybe it was.

Anyway, I was moving things around to get a tupperdor up and running because I need more room sigh, and there it was. So I'm gonna burn it.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    That is some good advice. I haven't tried anything from the aging room yet but I now plan on it. It make sense to buy the ones you like in bulk and resting/aging some of them. I will have to try that once I get home. With the wife's permission of course, lol!
    Wow. This is an excellent cigar. Truly excellent. I'd give it a 9.2. Somebody send me a box of these to age. :)
    Well I'm about to head off to enjoy my Padron 4000 Maduro and a nice glass of Bourbon. I'll fill everyone in on what I thought of it in the next day or so! Wish me luck on the golf course tomorrow!
    I had a Hemingway. 'Nuff said.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,214
    Took a few days off because everything was starting to taste the same for some reason. Broke the fast tonight with a Camacho 1962 torpedo.
    This is a very classy looking stick, and felt very luxurious in the hand as well. Very nice draw, and the ash hung on for dear life, not dropping until within an inch of the band. Very enjoyable. Glad there's a few more in the humi!
    I just sat down with a 5 Vegas Gold. It's a bit milder than I've been smoking lately, but I wanted something pleasant that wouldn't require me to pay much attention to it. I don't feel like trying to detect notes of this or hints of that tonight, just a good relaxing, reliable smoke.
    Sounds nice Scrambler. picking out subtleties is nice sometimes, but I completely understand just wanting to relax and let all thought just kind of slip away on a cloud of smoke.