Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    rwheelwright:
    Trying to figure out what I am going to smoke tomorrow. I may try either the Rock Patel Sungrown or the Gurkha Triple Ligero. The Triple Ligero scares me. BTW, I went to a local B&M a little while ago. It is right down the road and I have never been there. They have a pretty nice selection. A bunch of boxes or Padron 1964 and 1926, Rocky Patel Decades, lots of Fuentes, Romeo's, etc... I didn't buy anything cause I have spent way to much money on cigars recently plus I have no room! Maybe in a couple of months I'll go back. A lot of it looks like it has been there for a while judging by what the cellaphane looks like but it was humidified.
    The Triple Ligero and the Sungrown are both really good cigars. There's not much to be scared of, as they are of roughly the same strength level, don't let that dark wrapper intimidate you. Either way, you are having a good cigar.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Today was a Carlos Torano Casa Torano.. While I don't usually smoke mild cigars, this one was very flavorful and enjoyable. Creamy, woody, and nutty, I was drinking coffe at the same time so I can't swear to a coffe taste but, there was plenty of variety at different times. If you are looking for a certain taste, try this one because it is probably going to show up. Tons of smoke, and a nice burn, Give it a try, for the five buck you will spend it is worth it.
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    Oliva O perfecto tonight. I figured I'd zip outside and get this in without missing too much football. 40+ points later I had to double-check my watch to make sure I really was only out there for an hour.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    man duty... i have one in my humior that ive had my eye on for a while. I may have to burn it soon.

today i had a nording by rocky patel. this is one of the cigars that maddy gave me in his 1000th post contest.
    this is my favorite cigar that RP has put out. save the burn issues i could put this in my regular rotation.
    ...if i had one.

the review will be up as soon as i get enough time to edit and type it up.
    The Serie O perfecto is a great little cigar, I really need to get some more...and kuzi, what are you waiting for? Light that sucker up, you won't be disappointed.

Tonight I had a Romeo y Julieta Reserve maduro, in the toro size. I'd like to say I really enjoyed this one, but the draw issues left my enjoyment level a bit short of the mark. Now, draw issues aside, this was a very tasty cigar, it had a lot of "dark" flavors, coffee and cocoa mainly, that I really enjoyed. The only real downside was that it was just rolled too tight and it felt like I was going to strain something trying to get a decent pull. This is one I'd try again and hope for better construction.
  • sdipsdip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Tonight was the Perdomo Special Edition 2008. Kind of mild, but some very nice flavors. I have a few more that I am going to let sit for some time.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    I'm at work watching the Cowboys game on the edge of my seat and can't have a smoke, but someone enjoy a good one for me and tell me how it was! haha
  • sdipsdip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Was at a Perdomo event on Saturday and asked about these. Rep said they I aren't making them any longer - the Habano is replacing them. They are also discontinuing the Sungrown and Cameroon reserves. I have tried both recently and thought they were excellent. Still can get them and I am butying when I see them
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    j0z3r:
    The Serie O perfecto is a great little cigar
    Truly. I now have a little set of favorite perfectos -- a small, a medium, and 2 larges. From small to large: Camacho 1962, Oliva Serie O, Gurkha Centurian and Royal Brigade.
  • BigDan.BigDan. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 211
    rusirius:
    j0z3r:
    rusirius:
    My wife and I are sitting here smoking something that Joe sent us... not sure what it is, i'll have to ask...
    Describe it for me if you will.
    The only description was "Slightly sweetned with cognac"... ;) It was a toro, 50-52 rg I'd guess...
    shoot i was just reading something about a cigar infused with cognac and i totally forgot wat it was it is in the cigar companion book its a super good book btw
    An Oliva Special S Diadema for me. Yay! Infused with nothing, yet sweet. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this guy reminds me of the Hemingway in more ways than just the shape.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 991
    urbino:
    I now have a little set of favorite perfectos -- a small, a medium, and 2 larges. From small to large: Camacho 1962, Oliva Serie O, Gurkha Centurian and Royal Brigade.
    The more you post, it makes me wondering if you're not my long lost twin. Our tastes in cigars are so similar it's scary.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    j0z3r:
    rwheelwright:
    Trying to figure out what I am going to smoke tomorrow. I may try either the Rock Patel Sungrown or the Gurkha Triple Ligero. The Triple Ligero scares me. BTW, I went to a local B&M a little while ago. It is right down the road and I have never been there. They have a pretty nice selection. A bunch of boxes or Padron 1964 and 1926, Rocky Patel Decades, lots of Fuentes, Romeo's, etc... I didn't buy anything cause I have spent way to much money on cigars recently plus I have no room! Maybe in a couple of months I'll go back. A lot of it looks like it has been there for a while judging by what the cellaphane looks like but it was humidified.
    The Triple Ligero and the Sungrown are both really good cigars. There's not much to be scared of, as they are of roughly the same strength level, don't let that dark wrapper intimidate you. Either way, you are having a good cigar.
    Well, I decided on the Triple Ligero. Tastes pretty good so far :-)
    I had a Indian Tabac NonPareil i wasnt too thrilled it was pretty basic a little nutty which i love in a cigar. i think there might have been barnyard or watever but i didnt like tht. the draw was incredibly hard and the wrapper was a ***. it was a great morning smoke tho
  • kts31584kts31584 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9
    I'll be smoking either an Acid cold infused tea or the gurkha gran reserve...haven't quite made up my mind...maybe both??
  • LCarLCar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 57
    I think perhaps a Gurkha Legend will be my choice tonight.
  • dep691dep691 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    Today was one of my rare days off had to catch up on yard work. But got in a cigar this morning had a Padron 6000 has anyone else had one of these. Nothing complex just a nice cigar with some roasted nut tastes to it. Btw it was a natural been staying away from maduros for some reason. Tonight  its a toss up between an Olvia V double toro or MB3.
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    5 Vegas Series A tonight. This was a solid cigar, nothing flashy, but good from beginning to end. Loved the flavor, got some good nuttiness, burned great, great draw, no re-lights necessary. This is one I'll be sticking into the rotation.
  • VidarienVidarien Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 246

Luko:
    5 Vegas Series A tonight. This was a solid cigar, nothing flashy, but good from beginning to end. Loved the flavor, got some good nuttiness, burned great, great draw, no re-lights necessary. This is one I'll be sticking into the rotation.

The one thing ive seen everyone agree on up and down the board is that the vegas A has a great taste.  And i support that fully.

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Again with the 5 vegas, Im going to have to get those in my next order! I just picked up a pckg of Nubs here on CCom and they should be on the way. I had to see what they were all about. Once I cruise through some of them and some of my prior order of a RP sampler, Ill pick up some 5 Vegas. Really starting to look forward to it!
    dep691:
    Tonight  its a toss up between an Olvia V double toro or MB3.
    I don't think you could go wrong either way. Personally I'd go with the MB3, I think that is a pretty awesome cigar.

I just finished up with a personal favorite, a local Rodriguez corona. This was solid medium body all the way through as opposed to the mild to medium build with the torpedo, I guess the same blend in a smaller ring format lends a bit more strength to this one, which makes sense what with the wrapper:filler ratio and all. Excellent cigar.
    Vidarien:

Luko:

The one thing ive seen everyone agree on up and down the board is that the vegas A has a great taste.  And i support that fully.

Fourtotheflush:
    Again with the 5 vegas, Im going to have to get those in my next order! I just picked up a pckg of Nubs here on CCom and they should be on the way. I had to see what they were all about. Once I cruise through some of them and some of my prior order of a RP sampler, Ill pick up some 5 Vegas. Really starting to look forward to it!
    Okay, okay! I'll try one, already! Sheesh. You guys are worse than the voices inside my head.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    Are those voices saying
    Smoke me
    Smoke me
    HA
    Okay. Y'all were right. The Series A is a damn tasty smoke. Outrageously tasty for the price.

Followed it up with an H. Upmann corona, which was also very good. An excellent two-cigar night.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I am smoking a Gurkha Royal Bridage. So far, not a lot of smoke and a lot of work. Should be better once it opens up a bit.
  • Cigar_SamuraiCigar_Samurai Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7
    Victor Sinclair Serie 55 Corojo presidente. My first Sinclair, first corojo, first presidente, and I have to give a thumbs up to all three. The great thing about the presidente is it's so darn long that even the most robust cigar will seem mild for the first four inches -- it's like having a filter on it. That gives me a chance to really judge the flavor of even a bold, full-bodied cigar without getting overwhelmed. The smoke is cool and the coal is remote enough to where I can clench the cigar in my teeth long-term without getting eye burn. As for the corojo wrapper -- I was intrigued and intimidated, but wow, what a unique flavor in a good way. Quite different from everything else I've tried -- I'm usually a maduro fan. But the Sinclair Serie 55 Corojo is gorgeous and flat out yummy. I was smoking it with a glass of Jameson Irish whiskey to start, but the two weren't doing anything for each other; so I finished the whiskey, rinsed my mouth with water and the cigar tasted far better alone. Now I'm hankering to fire up one of the Triple Corojos in the sampler -- wrapper/binder/filler all corojo! If it was a robusto it would probably kick my ass all the way back to the stone age, but I have new trust in the presidente to give me a fighting chance early on while I get my footing!
  • Cigar_SamuraiCigar_Samurai Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7
    p.s. I agree the "A" is an awesome smoke for the price. Steer clear of the little "Anomaly" though. Little dudes burn hot as hell, no chance to taste the flavor through the tongue bite.
    Adwani maduro churchill im xcited for this one
  • shehanshehan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10
    I had a cuvee blanc last night.  Fall weather is here in VA.. fired up the chimnea and kicked back for a while.
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Hey shehan where from in VA?