Home General Discussion

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 9,403
    Good cigar day, eh Greg? :) I really like the Hemingway myself, it's just a nice cigar

I just finished up with a Nub cameroon 464 torpedo. I enjoyed this one a good deal, though it seems to me that some time could do wonders for this one. Razor sharp burn, huge clouds of smoke and a pretty good flavor. My thanks to Luko for this one, he sent it to me in a pif recently, so thanks man.
  • sdipsdip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Hada Cuvee Blanc robusto tonight. Nice cigar, but wouldn't pay retail
  • ScramblerScrambler Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 746
    Bad Andy:
    madurofan:
    I like the Cuvee Rouge. You sure thats mixed filler? I don't remember that.
    Yeah, that is the description from this site.
    The description on this site reads "Cuvee Rouge combines elements of aged filler tobaccos from the finest farms spanning Central and South America", which would be a blended filler (as most cigars have), not a mixed filler which is a combination of long leaf filler and short filler (trimmings).

They call it a "top-notch super-premium", so I'm pretty sure its all long filler.
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 342
    tonight iam about to have a cristal deleon rolled in 1992 i hope its good.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I got a three month old waiting for me tomorrow...

Three Month old Liga Privada No. 9 that is... I have the cool Drew Estates cutter that has the cigar's logo on it and is one-sided so you but the cigar up to it to get that perfect cut without having to gauge how far to put the cigar through...
    Nice solid construction and very heavy (Well-Built?)
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    Lasabar:

Three Month old Liga Privada No. 9 that is... I have the cool Drew Estates cutter that has the cigar's logo on it and is one-sided so you but the cigar up to it to get that perfect cut without having to gauge how far to put the cigar through...
    I think the word you're looking for is "badonkadonk."

Kuzi definitely got this one right: the Punch Gran Puro is a very good cigar. Extremely smooth and possibly the cleanest-tasting cigar I've ever smoked. Y'all should try you some of these.
    urbino:
    Lasabar:

I think the word you're looking for is "badonkadonk."

Kuzi definitely got this one right: the Punch Gran Puro is a very good cigar. Extremely smooth and possibly the cleanest-tasting cigar I've ever smoked. Y'all should try you some of these.
    Me Likey the Punch Double Corona so this guy is on my "Must Try" list
  • BigDan.BigDan. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 211
    5 vegas classic not sure which size it was given to me as a great gift. the firt 1/5 or so seemed a little harsh and bitter mayb it was too hot from the light, the gauge was very small. but then it got a leathery taste that was great with a little bit of a toasty taste, eventually the toast taste than became the prevailng taste. i the finish was real sweet, i still cnt stand the very end of the cigar tho like its way to bitter at those last 2 inches or so. i had this with a vanilla latte from starbucks so it worked out well :)
    BigDan.:
    5 vegas classic not sure which size it was given to me as a great gift. the firt 1/5 or so seemed a little harsh and bitter mayb it was too hot from the light, the gauge was very small. but then it got a leathery taste that was great with a little bit of a toasty taste, eventually the toast taste than became the prevailng taste. i the finish was real sweet, i still cnt stand the very end of the cigar tho like its way to bitter at those last 2 inches or so. i had this with a vanilla latte from starbucks so it worked out well :)
    I have my 5 Vegas Series "A" sitting from my COTMC... I'm excited for this guy!
    i actually have one of those in my humi as well i look forward to smoking it, ive already had 2 of the 5 vegas cigars this week though so im gna try something different tmro, im trying to decide tho its going to b a morning smoke here is my list im looking at:

cuba libre

a.fuente

Blue Label

Baccarat

Flor de Oliva

currently im geared toward the CUBA LIBRE
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 848
    Scrambler:
    Bad Andy:
    madurofan:
    I like the Cuvee Rouge. You sure thats mixed filler? I don't remember that.
    Yeah, that is the description from this site.
    The description on this site reads "Cuvee Rouge combines elements of aged filler tobaccos from the finest farms spanning Central and South America", which would be a blended filler (as most cigars have), not a mixed filler which is a combination of long leaf filler and short filler (trimmings).

They call it a "top-notch super-premium", so I'm pretty sure its all long filler.
    I guess it would be intentionally mixed then...tomato - tomaahto. Thanks for the clearication though.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,294
    I smoked a Gurkha Nepalesee Warrior last night. I tried to use a punch and it cracked so I had to cut about 1/2 inch off so there wasn't any leakage. The crack went about an inch down. That almost ruined it for me. However, afterwards it was a nice smoke. I have another 8 of these. I hope they don't do the same thing.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    rwheelwright:
    I smoked a Gurkha Nepalesee Warrior last night. I tried to use a punch and it cracked so I had to cut about 1/2 inch off so there wasn't any leakage. The crack went about an inch down. That almost ruined it for me. However, afterwards it was a nice smoke. I have another 8 of these. I hope they don't do the same thing.
    try licking hte cap and geting it good and moist before cutting with a punch. it helps keep cracking to a minimum.

Last night i had a Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte. great cigar.
    ok so i have a post on this page saying that im not sure which cigar to smoke i listed a few that i have and was interested if somebody can give me there opinion on which is the better of the bunch it would be great. i was leaning towards the cuba libre
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    Big Dan -

I've only had the Fuente and the Flor de Oliva. The Flor de Oliva is a value-priced stick with a dipped cap. The Fuente is a consistently great cigar.
    kuzi16:
    rwheelwright:
    try licking hte cap and geting it good and moist before cutting with a punch. it helps keep cracking to a minimum.

Last night i had a Sancho Panza Extra Fuerte. great cigar.
    Thanks, I'll try that next time.
  • DiasFlakDiasFlak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 342
    BigDan.:
    ok so i have a post on this page saying that im not sure which cigar to smoke i listed a few that i have and was interested if somebody can give me there opinion on which is the better of the bunch it would be great. i was leaning towards the cuba libre
    smoke them all its what i would say you never know what youll like untill you try them.
    BigDan.:
    I'd say if you were "Geared" towards the Cuba Libre and then you were "leaning" towards it... I'd smoke it...

If you smoke another one then it will already be a little bad for you will be saying "I wonder how this compares to the Cuba Libre" and if you DO smoke the Cuba Libre, some of the taste can be psychological so it will already have a big advantage

GO SMOKE IT!
    Gonna smoke the Gurkha Class Regent Toro that Koozee sent me for his contest.. 7 months of resting on a beautiful day!
    Not smoking tonight. Sore throat. :-(
  • madurofanmadurofan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,152
    Had a lunch time Olive Serie O perfecto. Going to watch a Navy Air Show this evening and brought a Oliva Serie G short perfecto and a Sol Cubano Sumatra Toro with me. Depending on long I end up having will determine which I smoke.
    Lasabar:
    Gonna smoke the Gurkha Class Regent Toro that Koozee sent me for his contest.. 7 months of resting on a beautiful day!
    After over an hour and a half this guy is done... DELICIOUSO! (I think that's french for tasty)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    im glad you liked it.
    Ok. I may suck it up and smoke anyways. If I do, it will be a Cuban Montecristo #2. Have had this in the humidor for almost a year if not more and it is cracking a little. Gonna just suck it up and get it over with.
  • dutyjedutyje Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,263
    Tonight I really need to relax, so I think I'll fire up a Gurkha Legend perfecto. The wife went out of town for the weekend, so it's just me and the kids. It's been a crazy week of work, and a crazy week in the market. Not sure what the future holds after we swallowed up Merrill at a gross premium per share, but after 90+ minutes tugging on this, I'm sure I won't care.
  • urbinourbino Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,517
    madurofan:
    Had a lunch time Olive Serie O perfecto. Going to watch a Navy Air Show this evening and brought a Oliva Serie G short perfecto and a Sol Cubano Sumatra Toro with me. Depending on long I end up having will determine which I smoke.
    Let us know what you think, Maddy. Those Olivas were a couple of the items I'd included in the pass bomb (RIP) for you.
  • rusiriusrusirius Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 564
    Working on a Padilla Limitado Edicion Especial 2006... A pretty damn good smoke, but I was expecting a lot more complexity... So far it's pretty straight forward... (1/2 way through)
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Indian Tabac maduro here n the burgh tonight, not too bad, not too great. Decent. The first time I've experienced significant canoeing, but corrected Ok and had a good flavor. Not complex, but body was there.
  • rusiriusrusirius Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 564
    rusirius:
    Working on a Padilla Limitado Edicion Especial 2006... A pretty damn good smoke, but I was expecting a lot more complexity... So far it's pretty straight forward... (1/2 way through)
    I figured it out... Grape Kool-Aid really started to bring out the complexities... Stick out tongue [:P]
  • sdipsdip Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Tonight was  the Gurkha Park Avenue Churchill from the COTM club. Decent smoke - pretty mild. Would smoke one again, but wouldn't rush out and buy any.