Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

2,000th post

Comments

• cholmes8310cholmes8310 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,585
    alienmisprint:
    Once between clues.

Since no one has guessed correctly yet, the next hint will be about the artist.

This artist has several sketchbooks to his credit. The name of his brand is synonymous with malodorous simians.
    Tony Ciavarro - some kind of monster
  • coachjamiecoachjamie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    Don Ed Hardy - Dragon
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,555
    coachjamie:
    Don Ed Hardy - Dragon
    Jerry Issel - Stinky Monkey Tatoo's, Kingston, mA and its a gypsy type woman.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    Now its getting good, lol. The next, and final hint, is about the design itself.

I watched a movie last night that dealt heavily with the same creature the design is of (not necessarily the same style, but the same creature). The movie starred Gerard Butler, Matthew McC (how the hell do you spell his last name?) and Christian Bale.
    Just so we are clear, there are going to be no more hints, so everyone gets just one more guess - make it count!
    alienmisprint:
    Now its getting good, lol. The next, and final hint, is about the design itself.

I watched a movie last night that dealt heavily with the same creature the design is of (not necessarily the same style, but the same creature). The movie starred Gerard Butler, Matthew McC (how the hell do you spell his last name?) and Christian Bale.
    Tony Ciavarro, and it's a dragon. I mentioned dragon and koi before. But Just a dragon for the design.

by the way, "Reign of Fire" is a good movie.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    I've been following this thread and looking up stuff. I have no clue about ink at all. Never had any but thought about it from time to time. Dang it I really have no clue but want to take a guess. Oh well maybe the next contest will be more my speed......like how many tats does Alien have?
  • coachjamiecoachjamie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    Jerry Issel - Stinky Monkey Tatoo's - Dragon
    Fourtotheflush:
    coachjamie:
    Don Ed Hardy - Dragon
    I will stick with Jerry issel and to be clear it is a RED Dragon.
    alienmisprint:
    Once between clues.

Since no one has guessed correctly yet, the next hint will be about the artist.

This artist has several sketchbooks to his credit. The name of his brand is synonymous with malodorous simians.
    BTW - I knew the shop name as soon as you metioned this! seen it around a few places!
    Fourtotheflush:
    Fourtotheflush:
    coachjamie:
    Don Ed Hardy - Dragon
    I will stick with Jerry issel and to be clear it is a RED Dragon.
    It HAS to be Tony Ciavarro... internets don't lie.. haha

"stinky monkey brand (Tony Ciavarro) | MySpace - myspace.com ..."
    cholmes8310:
    alienmisprint:

Tony Ciavarro, and it's a dragon. I mentioned dragon and koi before. But Just a dragon for the design.

by the way, "Reign of Fire" is a good movie.
    Damn, I messed up. Ill go Red dragon then!
    where's Alien when you need him to settle this? Alien, beam yourself down here asap and pronounce a winner.
    Do we all have to bite our nails until Alien gets 30 more posts?
    Fourtotheflush:
    I know, the suspense is killing me........
    alienmisprint:
    Fourtotheflush:
    I know, the suspense is killing me........
    if so, a visit to the fluff thread is in order.
    15 to go......
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    alienmisprint:
    15 to go......
    Now only one more.........
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    captain planet tattoo?
    And our winner is:

cholmes8310:
    It is indeed a dragon, based off of a sketch in one of Tony Ciavarro's sketchbooks, "All These Things in My Head".

I don't think I have your addy anymore, can you shoot it to me in a PM? I should be loading up my cabinet this weekend, so I will have you a pack out on Monday or so.
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    wow! i think cholmes just won another contest as well, dude is on fireeee
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,507
    congrats on 2000 alien!
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    alienmisprint:
    And our winner is:

cholmes8310:
    It is indeed a dragon, based off of a sketch in one of Tony Ciavarro's sketchbooks, "All These Things in My Head".

I don't think I have your addy anymore, can you shoot it to me in a PM? I should be loading up my cabinet this weekend, so I will have you a pack out on Monday or so.

Congrats on your 2000 Post , Damn you would think I would have gotten that *** but I have never heard of that Guy! Tattoos is one of My Passions so he must be reall obscure and Cholmes must be one Interent searching foool! Do you Have any Ink Cholmes? Congrats on the win!
    I promise, he's not obscure at all. He, Gunnar, and Jime Litwalk are the best new-school artists out there. Its all about what style of art you're into.
    I think Im much closer to these guys thatn the other two shops you mentioned. Now that the contest is over do you still recommend the other two over this one?
    alienmisprint:
    And our winner is:

cholmes8310:

Congrats on 2000 posts. I also think that I should have searched for about 2 more minutes to confirm Tony as the brand owner. Dang! Your welcom Cholmes - you never would have gotten this one without bogarting on my post! Yes sour grapes! Worst part is I am going to have to sit next to him as he basks in winning two contests.
    Oh hell no man. Tony Ciavarro is one of my idols, and a very cool dude to boot. No ego at all, and he is a great artist. I didn't realize he was that close also.
    Fourtotheflush:
    alienmisprint:
    And our winner is:

cholmes8310:

Congrats on 2000 posts. I also think that I should have searched for about 2 more minutes to confirm Tony as the brand owner. Dang! Your welcom Cholmes - you never would have gotten this one without bogarting on my post! Yes sour grapes! Worst part is I am going to have to sit next to him as he basks in winning two contests.
    go back and check again there buddy! I was the first person to post after Aliens clue. If anyone was bogarting it was you bud. It's ok, I *might* let you peek at the winnings.
    zeebra:
    wow! i think cholmes just won another contest as well, dude is on fireeee
    yeah, i did. I'm gonna have to get a new humi for these. haha. That's ok, just gives me that excuse I was looking for! Now I just need to win illinoisgolf's as well.
    Redtailhawkoz:
    alienmisprint:
    And our winner is:

cholmes8310:

Congrats on your 2000 Post , Damn you would think I would have gotten that *** but I have never heard of that Guy! Tattoos is one of My Passions so he must be reall obscure and Cholmes must be one Interent searching foool! Do you Have any Ink Cholmes? Congrats on the win!
    Thanks, and no, I don't have any ink, but have always wanted some. Problem is, when I do it, I want my entire back done at once, and it's expensive, and very time consuming. Time and money I don't have right now. But one day, definitely.