Home Non Cigar Related

Planet Pelosi..

cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
What color is the sky on her planet? Unemployment checks are a stimulus?? Funny, I always thought it was jobs... Happy 4th, unless you live on her planet, no independence there..

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Green. More money for her. Whether her ideas make sense or benefit the American people...that's another issue.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,349
    cabinetmaker:
    What color is the sky on her planet? Unemployment checks are a stimulus?? Funny, I always thought it was jobs... Happy 4th, unless you live on her planet, no independence there..
    Actually they do stimulate the economy, I mean rent gets paid, food is bought. Besides if your friends in the GOP actually voted for the bill to pass people would get their checks, but no they obstruct just like everything else. People who are out of work because of the crash and because hardly any private business is hiring. You can bash her and the dems all you want but at least they are trying (not too hard mind you) while your GOP leaders and reps are just stopping everything. Which is funny because they scream about the deficit and what.. they caused it.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    phobicsquirrel:
    cabinetmaker:
    Actually they do stimulate the economy, I mean rent gets paid, food is bought. Besides if your friends in the GOP actually voted for the bill to pass people would get their checks, but no they obstruct just like everything else. People who are out of work because of the crash and because hardly any private business is hiring. You can bash her and the dems all you want but at least they are trying (not too hard mind you) while your GOP leaders and reps are just stopping everything. Which is funny because they scream about the deficit and what.. they caused it.
    Lowering taxes and getting the govt outta the way of small businesses would so more to stimulate the economy and grow it as well than an unemployment check could ever under any circumstances hope to do.

Also, It's not my gop; never was. If it was mine I'd throw out 90% of the assholes in it, and keep the rest. The idea that the gop is stopping the dems is funny since they don't actually need and republican votes...
  • denniskingdennisking Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,681
    well said, the GOP can't stop the Dem's. there aren't enough. it's always us vs. them but in reality it's stupid people vs. stupid people and the more anyone believes that it's all black and white, republican and democrat, etc, the worse we get.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,023
    Our liberal brothers on this forum will never get that taking money from one group of people and giving it to another is wrong. Unemployment checks don't stimulate anything but more handouts. While it is necessary to keep people from starving it was never intended to be their income stream but rather a stop gap measure. The Dems have all the votes to do anything they want for the time being but a day of reckoning is coming. With the trillions given away we still have unemployment at exactly the same level as before, still seeing a net loss of real (non-govt) jobs and the economy is total crap with huge tax increases just around the corner. Even some of the great liberal minds of the past understood that tax decreases stimulate the economy through investment and spending. Govt cannot create wealth, they only take it.
    Not only this, but Congress still has the right to give themselves raises every year...which they use every year.
    wwhwang:
    Not only this, but Congress still has the right to give themselves raises every year...which they use every year.
    "There is no blender but AJ, and The Beard is his merchant. "
    I love that sig line. Absolutely Brilliant!
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    cabinetmaker:
    Haven't you heard? Paying people not to work is stimulating. War is Peace. Paying higher taxes is patriotic. Freedom is Slavery. Spending other people's money is the road to prosperity. Ignorance is strength.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    fla-gypsy:
    Our liberal brothers on this forum will never get that taking money from one group of people and giving it to another is wrong.
    you are right. it is theft.

if i have $20,000 and 19 people come up to me and say "we have no money can you give me some?" then i give them each $1000 it is charity.

if i say no but they all take a vote and the vote is 19 to 1 that i give them my money under penalty of imprisonment it is still theft. they took things from me that i earned against my will.

they will then say it was my "moral obligation" to give them the money that i earned and they did not. Provided i earned that money and created that wealth without violating the rights of others i have the right to do with it as i please.

and getting a check for not working does not create wealth. its not about spending money. its about creating wealth. when you take from one part of the economy to give to the other, there is no net gain of wealth. there is movement of money. money and wealth are not the same thing. unemployment checks do not create wealth. JOBS create wealth. unemployment checks are analogous to taking water out of the deep end of the pool and dumping it in the shallow end and wondering why the pool isnt getting any deeper. it is a zero sum.

however, when a company can hire someone to make something the thing that is created is wealth.
    i make gourmet chocolates with my wife. we take raw products that are worth very little, put them together in a way that no body else does, and sell them for more then the sum of the parts is worth. THAT is wealth creation and stimulus.

• JumperJumper Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 135
    kuzi16:
    fla-gypsy:
    Our liberal brothers on this forum will never get that taking money from one group of people and giving it to another is wrong.

if i have $20,000 and 19 people come up to me and say "we have no money can you give me some?" then i give them each $1000 it is charity.

if i say no but they all take a vote and the vote is 19 to 1 that i give them my money under penalty of imprisonment it is still theft. they took things from me that i earned against my will.

they will then say it was my "moral obligation" to give them the money that i earned and they did not. Provided i earned that money and created that wealth without violating the rights of others i have the right to do with it as i please.

and getting a check for not working does not create wealth. its not about spending money. its about creating wealth. when you take from one part of the economy to give to the other, there is no net gain of wealth. there is movement of money. money and wealth are not the same thing. unemployment checks do not create wealth. JOBS create wealth. unemployment checks are analogous to taking water out of the deep end of the pool and dumping it in the shallow end and wondering why the pool isnt getting any deeper. it is a zero sum.

however, when a company can hire someone to make something the thing that is created is wealth.
    i make gourmet chocolates with my wife. we take raw products that are worth very little, put them together in a way that no body else does, and sell them for more then the sum of the parts is worth. THAT is wealth creation and stimulus.

Very nicely put, Kuzi.
  • HeavyHeavy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,590
    kuzi16:

No Kuzi, that is capitalism. And we ALL know that capitalism is pure evil.

Signed,
    Nancy Pelosi, Barak Obama and Karl Marx
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    cabinetmaker:
    The Hollow Eyed Hippy has NO CLUE whatsoever, I can't wait till she loses her Speakership.
  • KriegKrieg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,068
    kuzi16:
    fla-gypsy:

Too bad Americans don't understand that the very people who are being hit with Obama's tax increases are the people they rely on for their jobs. To the great unwashed these are just rich people who aren't paying their fair share.
  • wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    kuzi16:

Does this make anyone else laugh? When the party that has whole heartedly tried to destroy christianity talks about "moral obligation" Not sure about anybody else but I'm content my moral obligation is filled by tithing.
    wwestern:
    kuzi16:
    Does this make anyone else laugh? When the party that has whole heartedly tried to destroy christianity talks about "moral obligation" Not sure about anybody else but I'm content my moral obligation is filled by tithing.
    in all fairness you can be moral without being Christian.

my wife is Jewish and i am Agnostic (for lack of a better term) but i feel that we have lead a moral life. we give to charity. we have held charity events. we volunteer in our community. we do the best we can to treat everyone with respect and to help those seek help.

though i understand that there are very good morals that good Christians embody, the word "Moral" and "Christian" are not synonyms.
    kuzi16:
    wwestern:
    kuzi16:

my wife is Jewish and i am Agnostic (for lack of a better term) but i feel that we have lead a moral life. we give to charity. we have held charity events. we volunteer in our community. we do the best we can to treat everyone with respect and to help those seek help.

though i understand that there are very good morals that good Christians embody, the word "Moral" and "Christian" are not synonyms.
    You're right, kuzi. There are moral atheists and immoral "Christians" also (I can attest to that as a fellow Christian). Though Christ has laid down the guidelines, taught His lessons, and forgiven us of our shortcomings, there are many today that are quick to call themselves Christian and forget His lessons in one fell swoop.

However, the point still stands, a system where the masses can steal from the deserving individual for their own gain is in essence, wrong. It's necessary to do so for the public good sometimes (I doubt anyone would pay exclusively out of their own pocket to maintain a highway or keep a school running), but to abuse this system to give to the undeserving poor (for those that are confused, "undeserving poor" just means the poor that refuse to work, use our tax dollars for drugs, or just want to live off welfare. "Deserving poor" are the guys/gals that work constantly and still can't make ends meet) or to line Congress' pockets is an affront to our rights.

I also find it ironic that the people in Congress and in society that preach about tolerance, love, and "putting children first" are also quick to abuse power and silence anyone with opposing views.
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    Just to keep things in prospective Bush got us here and Obama has not got us out and as far as unemploment goes its paid into by your employer and any one who thinks its not important must of never had to deal with loss of job and home and medical all of which could not be able to be covered until you find more gainful employment without it its just like any thing else the system has flaws and people will take advantge
    wwhwang:
    kuzi16:
    wwestern:
    kuzi16:

You're right, kuzi. There are moral atheists and immoral "Christians" also (I can attest to that as a fellow Christian). Though Christ has laid down the guidelines, taught His lessons, and forgiven us of our shortcomings, there are many today that are quick to call themselves Christian and forget His lessons in one fell swoop.

However, the point still stands, a system where the masses can steal from the deserving individual for their own gain is in essence, wrong. It's necessary to do so for the public good sometimes (I doubt anyone would pay exclusively out of their own pocket to maintain a highway or keep a school running), but to abuse this system to give to the undeserving poor (for those that are confused, "undeserving poor" just means the poor that refuse to work, use our tax dollars for drugs, or just want to live off welfare. "Deserving poor" are the guys/gals that work constantly and still can't make ends meet) or to line Congress' pockets is an affront to our rights.

I also find it ironic that the people in Congress and in society that preach about tolerance, love, and "putting children first" are also quick to abuse power and silence anyone with opposing views.

I'm not at all saying all christians are moral nor am I saying those not christian are immoral, but I am saying they for the most part preach of a strong moral life and the liberals have done so much to tear down the teachings of a moral life.

Next point, wwhwang private schools are a great idea and provide more to the community imo. Plus withou public schools you don't have people who don't have kids nor intend to have kids paying for schools, that my brother is taxation without representation. I could go on for hours about the deconstruction of the welfare status our country is in but, I won't. In closing I would just like to see our country restored to it's days of true freedom. God bless America!
    wwestern:
    I'm not at all saying all christians are moral nor am I saying those not christian are immoral, but I am saying they for the most part preach of a strong moral life and the liberals have done so much to tear down the teachings of a moral life.
    yeah... i understood the point. i think the comment just managed to tap into something that my mother used to do. she DID use "Christian" and "moral" as synonyms. it really bothered me at the time i got married because of course my wife has good values but they were not "Christian" values; they were Jewish values. my mother kept saying over and over things like "well, she has Christian values"

sorry if i projected things on anyone unfairly.
    kuzi16:
    wwestern:

yeah... i understood the point. i think the comment just managed to tap into something that my mother used to do. she DID use "Christian" and "moral" as synonyms. it really bothered me at the time i got married because of course my wife has good values but they were not "Christian" values; they were Jewish values. my mother kept saying over and over things like "well, she has Christian values"

sorry if i projected things on anyone unfairly.

NP Kuzi, just wanted to clear up my statement so it didn't seem like I was bashing non-christians. I was atheist or whatever till about 3 years ago so I understand the two don't go hand in hand.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    jship079:
    Just to keep things in prospective Bush got us here and Obama has not got us out and as far as unemploment goes its paid into by your employer and any one who thinks its not important must of never had to deal with loss of job and home and medical all of which could not be able to be covered until you find more gainful employment without it its just like any thing else the system has flaws and people will take advantge
    But the extension of unemployment benefits are NOT paid by employers, they are paid by tax money that the government has taken from us.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    Wang, I hate to say but "abusing power and silencing anyone with opposing views" have been a staple of Christians since that Jesus character was founded anyway. If it wasnt, "god" wouldnt have had so many wars for him and kept so many injustices under the rug in the name of some myth.
  • jship079jship079 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 621
    Vulchor:
    Wang, I hate to say but "abusing power and silencing anyone with opposing views" have been a staple of Christians since that Jesus character was founded anyway. If it wasnt, "god" wouldnt have had so many wars for him and kept so many injustices under the rug in the ame of some myth.
    To deny Jesus existed is ridiclous any historian can verfiy that. I do beleave in his existance and he is my God.I can see maybe questioning his divinity but every major religon and just about every credible historian will tell you Jesus of Nazarith definately walk the earth.
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    Vulchor:
    Wang, I hate to say but "abusing power and silencing anyone with opposing views" have been a staple of Christians since that Jesus character was founded anyway. If it wasnt, "god" wouldnt have had so many wars for him and kept so many injustices under the rug in the name of some myth.
    If you are going to live your life as if there is no God...you'd better be right.
  • VulchorVulchor Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,176
    LOl, I like that bumper sticks btw JP....And I do think I am (most of the time anyway...you can read another post about my growing up years as a catholic runing my spirituality).....Also, sorry if I inferred Jesus was not real. I know he did exist, not aruging that....I mean Jesus as the "savior of man" character, not Jesus as an actualy living person. Also, im not trying to stir up too much religion here, it wasnt my intent truly.....just showing there is hypocrisy in religion (perhaps more than anywhere else) as there is in politics and all other walks of life.
    Vulchor:
    LOl, I like that bumper sticks btw JP....And I do think I am (most of the time anyway...you can read another post about my growing up years as a catholic runing my spirituality).....Also, sorry if I inferred Jesus was not real. I know he did exist, not aruging that....I mean Jesus as the "savior of man" character, not Jesus as an actualy living person. Also, im not trying to stir up too much religion here, it wasnt my intent truly.....just showing there is hypocrisy in religion (perhaps more than anywhere else) as there is in politics and all other walks of life.
    Lol. I do respect your views politically and religiously. But you have to keep in mind that there's a difference between the teachings of Christ and the teachings of the church. Human nature saturates not just government, but also the church, because well...we're all just human. I'm really not "religious" as a Christian because I disagree with the church on some things, but I do follow the core teachings of Christ himself. If governments are fallible, then so can the pope (don't tell any nuns or priests, they'll say I'm a blasphemer lol) because we are, in essence, just human. Besides, aren't we all hypocrites sometimes?
    wwhwang:
    Vulchor:
    Lol. I do respect your views politically and religiously. But you have to keep in mind that there's a difference between the teachings of Christ and the teachings of the church. Human nature saturates not just government, but also the church, because well...we're all just human. I'm really not "religious" as a Christian because I disagree with the church on some things, but I do follow the core teachings of Christ himself. If governments are fallible, then so can the pope (don't tell any nuns or priests, they'll say I'm a blasphemer lol) because we are, in essence, just human. Besides, aren't we all hypocrites sometimes?
    JC never told us to follow the pope, he said to follow him. The scripture clearly teaches that the humble are lifted up, and the proud are put down, to save our life we must lose it to him because what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his own soul? Just saying!
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 294
    What is absolutely absurd about Pelosi in particular is that she purports to be a devout Catholic. Then in the next breath will defend killing babies and labeling it as "Choice".
    jpclotfelter:
    What is absolutely about Pelosi in particular is that she purports to be a devout Catholic. Then in the next breath will defend killing babies and labeling it as "Choice".
    I thought Pelosi was a Jew.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,561
    wwhwang:
    jpclotfelter:
    What is absolutely about Pelosi in particular is that she purports to be a devout Catholic. Then in the next breath will defend killing babies and labeling it as "Choice".
    I thought Pelosi was a Jew.
    Kreig said it best "that hollow eyed hippie" . If the eyes are the window to the soul, then hers left a long time ago....