Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

2011 BORK Baseball League

Comments

• robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    Still a few spots open guys... let us know if you want in... Ripp or myself can get you the league info... we're playing on yahoo
    smoke em if you got em:
    Ripp:
    Hey guys make sure you pm me your email address if you have not already.

PM sent yesterday and another follow up PM this morning.
    did you get the info smoke em?

if not I can get it over to you... let me know
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,487
    So if the draft is tonight at 5pm PST thats 8EST I thinks I can do that .... I just need the info sent
    kingjk729:
    So if the draft is tonight at 5pm PST thats 8EST I thinks I can do that .... I just need the info sent
    I'm looking for the email that has the info... I can't seem to find it, but we'll get you set up... Ripp has all the info somewhere... but if anyone else has the email with the league ID and PW please post it here...
  • MperconteMperconte Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 367
    http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com

league_id=147774
    password=brotheroftheleaf
    Mperconte:
    http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com

league_id=147774
    password=brotheroftheleaf
    SWEET!

just go to yahoo sports and click on fantasy baseball... choose "join private league" option and enter the info above...

if we end up with an odd number of teams, i think we'll change from Head to Head to a Roto league... an odd number of teams causes bye weeks and that's lame
    Yahoo says we are missing a person having an odd number of players and will be unable to draft in this format.
    yeah... if we end up with an odd number, we'll go to a roto setting... so the number of teams wont matter...
  • RippRipp Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 125
    I am online and will be til the draft so i will keep my eye on it.. i can go ahead and switch it to roto now if we want.
    thanks Ripp... looks like we'll have to go Roto unless we can get one more manager... either way works for me...
    I thought we had 8, who forgot to sign up?
    we had 7 signed up earlier... Smoke em didnt get the log in info until today and kinkjk joined today so we are at 9... it's all good... Roto scoring is a better format anyway
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    I don't like roto scoring, so I'm backing out if that's the case.

Just kidding, ha! I've never done roto scoring in baseball though. I just wanna draft tonight and get this thing rolling!
    9 times out of 10 the team that wins a head to head league would have won if it was roto... so it's basically the same... but head to head is still an option if we can get OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE more person!!!
    ok... draft is in 50 minutes... draft order will be randomly determined approximately 30 minutes before the draft begins... see you guy there!
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    robbyras:
    ok... draft is in 50 minutes... draft order will be randomly determined approximately 30 minutes before the draft begins... see you guy there!

can't wait! LOL
  • absolutjerabsolutjer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 120
    robbyras:
    9 times out of 10 the team that wins a head to head league would have won if it was roto... so it's basically the same... but head to head is still an option if we can get OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE more person!!!
    Robby,,, just saw this and I am guessing I am too late since it is 6 past 5 but if it is not I'll do it. I have a feeling it's a strict 5pm cutoff though so if I am too late have fun.
    Sorry man... the cutoff was 4:30 to get into the draft... hopefully you'll be around for the league next year!

you wouldn't want to have to face my team anyway... =)
  • absolutjerabsolutjer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 120
    robbyras:
    Sorry man... the cutoff was 4:30 to get into the draft... hopefully you'll be around for the league next year!

you wouldn't want to have to face my team anyway... =)
    Dahhhh. I had a feeling I was way too late, and "that I would not want to have to face your team" Maybe next year! You guys have fun!
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 882
    can some one explain how the scoring and points work. i have never done Fantasy baseball. and just want to make sure i can keep an eye on things and play correctly just dont know how it works.

im used to fantasy footbal
    So we are using basic roto scoring and it breaks down like this...

we have 9 teams so there are 9 point available for each category... so if you are leading the league in Home Runs you have 9 points in the HR category... if you're second in the league in Home Runs you have 8 points and so on...
    so with 10 categories, there is a max of 90 points possible...chances are no one will ever be at 90 points for en extended period of time though...

so the goal is to get the most points possible... keep en eye on your overall scoring in each category and use that to determine what you need to do to get better...for example, if you're dominating in HR and RBI, but lacking in SB and AVG, maybe you trade a power hitter for a speedy guy... you also want to keep an eye on the free agent pool... just like football...

the main difference with baseball is you want to make sure you set your lineup everyday... make sure you get pitchers in to your lineup when they are starting or fill in spots when teams have days off...

and remember, Tomorrow is Opening Day so make sure you get your rosters set!
    ok so it gives you a HR for the guys that are playing at the time. If you pull a guy that was say 20HR's for you so far you dont loose those HR's that you have accumulated right?

and the most pts anyone can ever have is 90 its not an accumulative pts system each day or week?
    it's cumulative so if a guy is in your lineup and he hits a HR, then that goes to your total... if you bench that guy tomorrow or trade him away, it doesn't matter... it's a running total...

if someone is leading the league in all 10 categories, then he has 90 points... 9 points per category... If you are leading the league is 9 categories and second in 1 they you have 89 points, etc... If you're last in all 9 categories, they you have 10 points....

your team totals will change daily throughout the season... and based on that you can decide who to play... example: say you have a power hitting Outfielder and a Speedy outfielder but you can only play one of them... take a look at your standings and see what you need... if you're trailing the next highest guy in steals by 3, then play the speedy guy... know what I'm sayin?
    Think I got it now. Thanks
    Using the stat tracker what's the pouts for the scoreboard some are positive some negative
    I don't know, whatever it is, it really doesn't matter. I have what appears to be a good team but I suck at this format and will probable finish last. Just tell me where to send the sticks?
    Mperconte:
    I don't know, whatever it is, it really doesn't matter. I have what appears to be a good team but I suck at this format and will probable finish last. Just tell me where to send the sticks?
    You have my address right?
    Looks like it's a battle for second place
    Just an update on the standings heading into the "second" half...

1. Robbyras 71.5
    2. MutterBumsers 60.5
    3. Men o War 57.5
    4. Cigarface 56.5
    5. JZ 48
    6. Herfers 43
    6. Bottom Dweller 43
    8. Smoke Em 41
    9. North Texas Gauchos 29

At this point, the only team that is really out of it is MattMarvel in 9th... everyone else is in it to win it, as the "reality" tv folks say... KingJK is on my heels and the battle for second is going to be a good one between Ripp and Krieg alonf with KingJK and JZ.... There's still a lot of baseball left folks!

I know the posts here have been lacking but just about everyone has stayed pretty active with their teams... so thanks guys!
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Well i know longer have the yahoo email address I used to sign up with..LONG STORY..so at this point I am basically out b/c I cant DO anything. But I will pay up when time is due.better luck for me next season..lol