Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Make A Wish (read first post)

Comments

• wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    zeebra:
    What I've seen on another forum is similar to this, but the listing is different, also speeds up the game a tad bit.

We already have been doing this here and there, but I think if the person who is up just makes a list of like 10+ cigars they want to try, the person who is granting the wish can pick 3 from that list and just send one of each, instead of 3 of 1 cigar. Of course you can send 4 on their list if you want, but thats the idea. This is a pretty good thread and been around along time, I'd hate to see it go away.

Some times it runs slow, some times fast.
    Great idea!

Also I think refering to the good traders list instead of waiting on packages would help alot.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,961
    I agree with the making a list of cigars you want to try and making the granting a comnbination of any three cigars off the list, whether it be 3 different cigars, 3 of the same of one type, 2 of 1/1 of another, etc.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    alienmisprint:
    I agree with the making a list of cigars you want to try and making the granting a comnbination of any three cigars off the list, whether it be 3 different cigars, 3 of the same of one type, 2 of 1/1 of another, etc.
    everyone kind of does this already. the last wish is running very long and there are some very "common" or easy to get smokes on it.
    wwhwang:
    In the interest of trying to pass the wish to someone soon, I'll put most of the list on.

Same:

Camacho Room 101 Ltd Conjura
    Cruzado by Illusione
    La Herencia Cubana Core
    Zino Z-Class
    Camacho Havana
    Zino Embassy

New:
    Camacho 1962
    Camacho Triple Maduro
    Camacho Select
    Griffin's Maduro
    AKA Cigars
    Angelenos by Arturo Fuente
    Joya de Nicaragua Cabinetta
    Zino Platinum Scepter
    Litto Gomez Diez
    keep in mind that this was posted two days ago after the initial post almost a week ago.

im not trying to destroy my own thread here but at the same time it is losing interest. im pretty sure that almost any of the people here with more than 500 posts would be able to grant this wish with a mixed bag rather than three of one but are choosing not to for some reason or another.

because i am a capitalist at heart, i suggest we let the thread go with only a modification in the rules.
    the modification would be that you post a list and the granter of the wish can send a mixed bag from that list.

if the thread dies, it dies. the "market forces" arent there to support the thread.

i will reflect the changes in the first post.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,762
    I posted yesterday that I could grant Wayne's wish and have PM'd him. I know he is busy with family stuff and haven't heard back from him.

I have seen more "wishes" granted in the "Top Three" thread lately and more easily than have been granted on this thread.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,169
    Canada Post workers have been locked out so there is no mail option to Canada right now. Canada Post is always the best option when receiving cigars here so the game is stalled anyways....My personal opinion is, I have played the game once BUT look frequently to see when I can jump in, I personally don't have a problem with the game being played "slow" although maybe wishers should post a full list the first time of what they would like to try to increase odds right away of a wish being granted. If there is only 1 or 2 obscure cigars someone is looking to try then maybe they should do some more research and see if there is anything else out there. There are 100's of potential cigars to wish for so, read up on some stuff you never thought about trying maybe you'll find a gem and to me that is definately worthwhile doing...Alot of the stuff in the Top 3 thread is extremely common and on hand so thats why more stuff is being passed around...
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,587
    That sucks Diamondog about the postal strike. Any signs that it might be ending soon?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    ok... so we will keep the thread going. the first post's rules have been updated to make it a list. i hope this solves some of the problems that this thread has had in the past.
    kuzi16:
    ok... so we will keep the thread going. the first post's rules have been updated to make it a list. i hope this solves some of the problems that this thread has had in the past.
    Thanks Kuzi, it seems everybody wishes for the high end stuff. Can us low buck smokers get in on this without asking for the high end sticks? I just didn't want to look like a mooch....if you know what I mean.
    MTuccelli:
    kuzi16:
    Thanks Kuzi, it seems everybody wishes for the high end stuff. Can us low buck smokers get in on this without asking for the high end sticks? I just didn't want to look like a mooch....if you know what I mean.
    I don't think the requests in the game are "high end", good quality cigars in the $6 - $12 price range sure but that really is middle end....there are many sticks much higher in value than what is asked for here and one of the rules is in fact no to ask for rare/high end sticks, the whole point of this is to try something you want to try whether its a $2 cigar or more....I think you'd find if you looked back avg stick cost people are usually asking for is $6 - $12 cigars and keep in mind those $12 cigars are often gotten here or elsewhere for good pricing lowering that $12 mark and sometimes substantially...just my 2 cents..
    Diamondog:
    MTuccelli:
    kuzi16:
    I don't think the requests in the game are "high end", good quality cigars in the $6 - $12 price range sure but that really is middle end....there are many sticks much higher in value than what is asked for here and one of the rules is in fact no to ask for rare/high end sticks, the whole point of this is to try something you want to try whether its a $2 cigar or more....I think you'd find if you looked back avg stick cost people are usually asking for is $6 - $12 cigars and keep in mind those $12 cigars are often gotten here or elsewhere for good pricing lowering that $12 mark and sometimes substantially...just my 2 cents..
    Thanks DD, for me high end is an $8.00 stick and up. Most of what I smoke most here would add to the compost pile lol. however I will get my wish up here to help keep this thread going. My first wish though is for your postal strike to end NOW!
  • wwhwangwwhwang Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,863
    Alright. Got quite a few PMs. Lcpleel was first, so if I don't hear back from him, I'll let the rest of you guys know.
    Alright then...here is my wish list of those cigars I desire to try

Est. 1844
    El Triunfador
    Onyx Reserve
    Oliveros Classic
    Romeo y Julieta Viejo
    Siglo Limited Reserve
    Gurkha Cuban Legacy
    CCOM Cameroon Label
    Victor Sinclair Primeros
    Rocky Patel ITC 10th Anniversary

MTuccelli:

Est. 1844
    El Triunfador
    Onyx Reserve
    Oliveros Classic
    Romeo y Julieta Viejo
    Siglo Limited Reserve
    Gurkha Cuban Legacy
    CCOM Cameroon Label
    Victor Sinclair Primeros

I think Wayne is still in play here, watch for him to post that his wish has been granted and he has received his pkg then the player who granted his wish will wish his own, that'll be your opportunity to jump in and grant a wish and then get to wish...
    Diamondog:
    MTuccelli:

Est. 1844
    El Triunfador
    Onyx Reserve
    Oliveros Classic
    Romeo y Julieta Viejo
    Siglo Limited Reserve
    Gurkha Cuban Legacy
    CCOM Cameroon Label
    Victor Sinclair Primeros

I think Wayne is still in play here, watch for him to post that his wish has been granted and he has received his pkg then the player who granted his wish will wish his own, that'll be your opportunity to jump in and grant a wish and then get to wish...
    Oh my bad....I know understand how this works. Hopefully someone will wish for something I have. I apologize for the premature posting, happens when I get excited lol
  • lcpleellcpleel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,447
    Wayne your smokes are in there way.
    lcpleel:
    How did you ship? If by other means than mail, Wayne let me know how that turns out please, I don't like being shut down by the post office...
    Diamondog:
    lcpleel:
    How did you ship? If by other means than mail, Wayne let me know how that turns out please, I don't like being shut down by the post office...
    I'm in the US right now. Visiting the folks and some friends in MS. Then I'll be in New Orleans for 2 or 3 days.
    wwhwang:
    Diamondog:
    lcpleel:
    I'm in the US right now. Visiting the folks and some friends in MS. Then I'll be in New Orleans for 2 or 3 days.
    Got ya...
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,836
    Diamondog:
    lcpleel:
    For the right price Steve, I'd drive em up to ya ;) it's only about ohhhh 10 hours....lol
    Oh man. Sorry about forgetting this thread. Just got down to Biloxi, MS last night. Wish is off to you, Lee.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,725
    Diamondog:
    bump...
    +1
  • zeebrazeebra Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,166
    Icpleel's wish??
  • SmokySuitSmokySuit Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 429
    Someone make a wish...preferably for something I have...
  • dbeckomdbeckom Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,807
    I'd love to try:

LFD Airbender
    San Cristobal
    My Father
    Tatueje Havana
    Cohiba (any)
    Comacho Corojo
    Graycliff G2
    MOW Virtue
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    dbeckom:
    I'd love to try:

LFD Airbender
    San Cristobal
    My Father
    Tatueje Havana
    Cohiba (any)
    Comacho Corojo
    Graycliff G2
    MOW Virtue
    Sorry Dwayne... you have to fulfill a wish before you can make one... it looks like the problem here is that we're waiting on a wish from whoever is up...
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    robbyras:
    dbeckom:
    I'd love to try:

LFD Airbender
    San Cristobal
    My Father
    Tatueje Havana
    Cohiba (any)
    Comacho Corojo
    Graycliff G2
    MOW Virtue
    Sorry Dwayne... you have to fulfill a wish before you can make one... it looks like the problem here is that we're waiting on a wish from whoever is up...
    So very true..saddest part is I could of granted that for ya..bout round here we follow the rules...perhaps if I get my hands on ya addy I could do some damage..need to make room in the cooler anyway.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    smoke em if you got em:
    robbyras:
    dbeckom:
    I'd love to try:

LFD Airbender
    San Cristobal
    My Father
    Tatueje Havana
    Cohiba (any)
    Comacho Corojo
    Graycliff G2
    MOW Virtue
    So very true..saddest part is I could of granted that for ya..bout round here we follow the rules...perhaps if I get my hands on ya addy I could do some damage..need to make room in the cooler anyway.
    He's actually got some of those coming form me on a trade we worked out...
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    robbyras:
    smoke em if you got em:
    robbyras:
    dbeckom:
    I'd love to try:

LFD Airbender
    San Cristobal
    My Father
    Tatueje Havana
    Cohiba (any)
    Comacho Corojo
    Graycliff G2
    MOW Virtue
    He's actually got some of those coming form me on a trade we worked out...
    Whatever..LOL j/k man..thats cool. glad you got him taken care of. Just want to make sure he knows how well we take care of each other on here.