Home General Discussion

The Newbie welcoming thread.

Comments

• HarleybowHarleybow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 13
    CharlieHeis:
    Harleybow:
    Another new guy.
    I'm Bow, coal miner from Wyoming. Single and no kids, 2 dogs.
    I'm just getting into cigars and doing some reading to learn since I know nothing about cigars. I have got several items and cigars from several sites and a box from a cigar store a few hours away (house blend).
    Looking forward to learning more, I know my bank account will not like this new hobby.
    Welcome neighbor. (neighboring state, anyway) There is a ton of info on here that helped me out a great deal. And that bank account comment was spot on.
    I was in SD yesterday afternoon checking out a few places and a drive in the hills/canyons.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    jsnake:
    Welcome. Pizza Steve. She touched my Pepe
    Nice!! I see what you did there!!funny movie.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    Harleybow:
    CharlieHeis:
    Harleybow:
    Another new guy.
    I'm just getting into cigars and doing some reading to learn since I know nothing about cigars. I have got several items and cigars from several sites and a box from a cigar store a few hours away (house blend).
    Looking forward to learning more, I know my bank account will not like this new hobby.
    Welcome neighbor. (neighboring state, anyway) There is a ton of info on here that helped me out a great deal. And that bank account comment was spot on.
    I was in SD yesterday afternoon checking out a few places and a drive in the hills/canyons.
    I'm on the other side of the state. Far flatter and much more boring than the Black Hills.
  • HarleybowHarleybow Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 13
    CharlieHeis:
    Harleybow:
    CharlieHeis:
    Harleybow:
    Another new guy.
    I'm on the other side of the state. Far flatter and much more boring than the Black Hills.
    That's why I went for a drive in the Hills. Sagebrush and antelope where I live.
  • wahooschockwahooschock Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 641
    Hello, I'm Wahoo. 33 I think. Pretty sure im posting wrong but ill learn. Got into sticks about 3 months ago. Been through the thrifty 50 and the gurkha 50 aswell as some cao samplers. Like almost everything but prefer mild maduros so far. Sure im doing a lot wrong but I'll learn eventually. Looking forward ta getting to know people andmake some trades and hopefully some friends.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Welcome Wahoo and Bow, always nice to see new faces! Have fun and welcome to the nut house it's run by the inmates lol ;)
  • EulogyEulogy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,295
    Welcome Wahoo, I just started myself and this is a great place to learn. Hopefully, you stick around. Everyone here is good people.
  • tigg954tigg954 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 28
    welcome bro. im new too and everyone seems really cool and helpofull
    Thanks all. I ain't goin anywhere lol this may be new hobby for me but it runs in the family and its waaaay better than cigs. So much variety. Had quit smoking for 2 years then got into cigars. Tried cigars from gas stations and theyre nasty never lookin back.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Welcome Bow & Wahoo. This is the place to be. You'll learn more here than you would in any other setting.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Welcome Bow and Wahoo!!!!! Read Read Read, and try try try new stuff. Been smoking now for over 3 yrs and I'm still a newb. So speaking of, we have this newb newsletter that goes out, PM me your address and I'll get you guys on it!
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    bump for IceBerg04 Anyone looking to take on a Rookile ^^^^
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    Glock1975:

I would be up for an even 5x5 trade with the rookie. Check your PM
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    rsherman24:
    Glock1975:

I would be up for an even 5x5 trade with the rookie. Check your PM
    Thanks Sherm, I will tell him. I've fn showing him the in and outs of the forum. Let me know if he doesn't respond in a day or 2, I will get on him.
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    I'm Ball'n I'm 36 live in the beautiful state of Nebraska. I am a Registered Nurse, and a dad, husband, and a hobbyist I have many hobbies, some include cigars, pipes, booze, cars/trucks, vinyl, table top war-games, music (listening and playing), leather tooling, woodworking. you guessed it I live with all girls..... love all my princesses! I also started Grizzlyman Shaving Co. it is a men's grooming products Beard Oils, Shaving soaps, and Mustache wax, with more products in the works, we are still in our infancy but check us out on Facebook! I have been into Pipes and Cigars for about a year now, started when I found my Grandfathers pipe, and lead me down a family history of pipe smokers, found out my dad was a huge pipe fan back in his college days, which unearthed a box of pipes, which I have been working on restoring, but cigars have always had artistic appeal to me, I love the smell and the feel of the soft leathery wrappers, and the you can almost feel the craftsmanship in a good cigar! A friend turned me on to this forum so I thought id sign up and join a community.
  • EulogyEulogy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,295
    Welcome to the forum ball'n. Hopefully, you'll stick around for awhile, everyone here is awesome.
    Glad ya made it.
    Thanks whaoo has told me good things about the forums.
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    Welcome Ball'n, and Go Big Red.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    wahooschock tigg954 Harleybow Big"nBall"n benhanks Steve S. W1REB1TER Marc di Maria and any newb I have missed. You will be assimilated.

jd50ae:
    wahooschock tigg954 Harleybow Big"nBall"n benhanks Steve S. W1REB1TER Marc di Maria and any newb I have missed. You will be assimilated.

Resistance is futile.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Welcome Ball'n! Don't know if wahoo told ya about the newsletter yet, but shoot me a pm with your address and I'll send ya out a copy!
  • Iceberg04Iceberg04 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 67
    hey everyone, my name is Chris, 29 from Ohio... I've been on this forum for about a week now and I got to say it is filled with some of the nicest people I've never actually met. I made a post last week about suggestions and it wasn't 3 days later I received a package in the mail with a welcome letter. I was in shock! Anyway I love the site and hope to become a regular soon!
    Welcome iceberg.great place .
  • mr.wendell1979mr.wendell1979 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 221
    Welcome to the forums!
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Big big welcome to nBall and Chris. Y'all found he right place.
    WoW just learned how to post a pic and stuff that was a challenge, thanks wahoo for that link!
    Big''nBall''n:
    WoW just learned how to post a pic and stuff that was a challenge, thanks wahoo for that link!
    No problem brother.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Welcome to the new folks.