Home General Discussion

The Newbie welcoming thread.

Comments

• smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    brianetz1:
    welcome to all the newbies.....and watch out for Royln
    B... wsup with that? I don't appreciate my name being thrown around in these post lately....don't I show everyone on here enough love and attention...at some point. As long as they don't take their sticks and #bounce!
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    smoke em if you got em:
    brianetz1:
    B... wsup with that? I don't appreciate my name being thrown around in these post lately....don't I show everyone on here enough love and attention...at some point. As long as they don't take their sticks and #bounce!
    I'm just sayin you're "Dangerous" and "Bad"
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    brianetz1:
    smoke em if you got em:
    brianetz1:
    I'm just sayin you're "Dangerous" and "Bad"
    Well in that case..carry on my good man!
  • lvfcrook1503lvfcrook1503 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1
    Hi all, I'm Jimmy! New to the forum but have been smoking cigars for about 6 months now. It has quickly become my way to relax after work each night. I'm still searching for what I would consider my "go to/s" so right now I have a lot of singles laying around. They range from Acids to Gurkahs and anything in between. As for equipment I currently have all my flavored/infused cigars in a small desktop humidor, and just ordered the El Diablo for everything else that I have and plan to have in the near future.

Favorites to date are:
    Gurkha Evil XO
    5 Vegas Miami Torpedo

Infused:
    Acid Opulence 3 Toro

Looking forward to getting to know you all. If anyone is in the south jersey area I'm always willing to meet up on the weekend for a smoke and a drink!
  • EulogyEulogy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,295
    Welcome to the forum Jimmy. Lots of good information and people here, hope you stick around.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Welcome Jimmy.
  • wahooschockwahooschock Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 641
    Welcome all !!
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    Welcome! Light up a phatty and kick back!

Aj
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Welcome to the madness Jimmy!
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Welcome Jimmy, you've found the right place to learn, enjoy.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Welcome to all the noobs!
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
    Welcome to the Forums crazy fun place!
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    Welcome to all the new guys!!
  • kswildcatkswildcat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 73
    Hello all.. New here and a pretty new to handmades.. Smoked several "gas station" cigars in my lifetime but very few handmades.. Years ago while driving truck I stopped in a trucks stop that had a very nice smoke shop inside and the very nice owner talked me into buying a tin of macanudo cafe ascotts. Damn I loved those things and ended up buying several tins from him. Well that was years ago and from time to time I thought one of them little cigars would hit the spot.. With that said I began searching to order some online but after reading a good amount of reviews saying the quality has tumbled greatly in the recent years I decided not to.. Instead I ordered 2 humidor/sampler from Cigar.com and another company.. Anxious to smoke a good cigar a friend and I head off to the closest town with a humidor (45 miles away and their humidor is about the size of a broom closet no kidding). With VERY little selection and not knowing what the heck to buy ( couldnt ask the person working there as they had no clue) I ended up grabbing 2 Macanudo Baron de Rothschild thinking that would be a safe bet to treat a friend and myself. Boy was I wrong as that thing was like sucking a mud hole through a straw. Watched and read many cigar reveiws talking about earth flavors in a cigar.. If thats earth flavor you can keep it.. I am finding I kind of steer away form cigars that have earth flavors in the discription/review.. So far that is the worst cigar ive smoked by far (if I had smoked that before I made my orders I would have not ordered thats how bad it was, was making me think quit cigars before I even started).. Not totally sold on samplers as the samples I recieved with my 2 humidor/samplers so far have less to be desired.. Ive been doing ALOT of reading and watching of reviews and kind of making a list of cigars that seem to have the flavors and such I beleive I would like and watching sales, deals and sprint for them in 5 or 10 packs.. Noticed MOST samplers appear to have 1 or 2 good sticks in them and the rest are just hoe-hum sticks to get the quantity count up. So far Ive found I dont care for Macanudo Baron de Rothschild (not at all) Cohiba red dot robusto (had 2 letting the other rest awhile, may give it to my friend) Sancho Panza (didnt finish it.. does anybody?)... the ones that were OK have been a Hoyo de Monterrey, and Gurhka beauty (didnt finish it as got bored with it, but wasnt bad) and a couple others.. Thinking I will really dig those that have transitions of coffee (LOVE my coffee) coco, espresso, leather and chocolate..
  • EulogyEulogy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,295
    Welcome to the fourm wildcat. Hopefully you stick around, there's a lot of good reviews and cigar knowledge around here.
  • wahooschockwahooschock Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 641
  • Big''nBall''nBig''nBall''n Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 311
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
  • NwCigarFemmeNwCigarFemme Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2
    Hi there~

I'm "Femme." I have always loved the aroma of cigars, but hadn't smoked one until I met my significant other a couple of years ago. My favorites are mild and sweet, and enjoy a cigar about once per week.

I have read through some of the information and advice on this site and, so far, I have found the recommendations for cigars to be the most helpful!

I won't post much, but I plan to read other posts as much as I can.
    Welcome to the mad house.
  • youngryan216youngryan216 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 868
    NwCigarFemme:
    Hi there~ I'm "Femme." I have always loved the aroma of cigars, but hadn't smoked one until I met my significant other a couple of years ago. My favorites are mild and sweet, and enjoy a cigar about once per week. I have read through some of the information and advice on this site and, so far, I have found the recommendations for cigars to be the most helpful! I won't post much, but I plan to read other posts as much as I can.
    It's a girl! Runaway! Cooties!

Welcome to the classiest place on the internet.
  • Jsav33Jsav33 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7
    Hello all.. I'm jordan from WV and have been a casual cigar smoker for the past few years but I recently bought a humidor and am starting to build my collection. I've read some good stuff on here the past few days so I decided to join.
  • D FreshD Fresh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 558
    Jsav33:
    Hello all.. I'm jordan from WV and have been a casual cigar smoker for the past few years but I recently bought a humidor and am starting to build my collection. I've read some good stuff on here the past few days so I decided to join.
    Welcome. Lots of great information around here and even better people!
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Welcome, Jsav33! Glad to have you on the forums. What part of the Mountain State are you from?
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    Welcome guys and gals! Enjoy your stay
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    A big hearty welcome to the new folks. I have not been around much and I'm checking back in with this thread and there's quite a few new guys and a girl? Welcome to the best cigar club on the net. Message me for the newsletter. We'll have to get a new volume printed up for the new crowd.
  • Jsav33Jsav33 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7
    Puff_Dougie:
    Welcome, Jsav33! Glad to have you on the forums. What part of the Mountain State are you from?

Thanks for the welcoming.. From the northern panhandle.. About 20 miles south of Pittsburgh.. Looking forward to learning some new things on this site
  • D FreshD Fresh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 558
    Jsav33:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Thanks for the welcoming.. From the northern panhandle.. About 20 miles south of Pittsburgh.. Looking forward to learning some new things on this site
    Steelers fan?
  • kswildcatkswildcat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 73
    Isnt everyone a Steelers fan?..lol