The Newbie welcoming thread.

Comments

• The buffalonianThe buffalonian Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 919
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    The buffalonian:
    Bump
    what he said!
  • EHaddockEHaddock Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 24
    Aloha everyone, I am a new cigar smoker. I have tried them over the years, I am 48, but never really liked them until I found CCOM. I watched the instructional videos and read the forums, as much as I could, and learned the proper way to go about things. That made a huge difference and I am now really enjoying the flavors and different bodies of cigars. I live in Hawaii and am a US Navy Retiree. I buy my smokes mostly at the Navy Exchange here, and yes they have a very good selection, or at a place called Tobaccos of Hawaii which is in my hometown of Wahiawa. I smoke between 4 and 5 cigars a month. That is increasing though with the experience as I now know how to enjoy them to their fullest. I have also posted in the Trades, Passes and Bombs forum as well and hoping that I can trade with other and expand my tasting horizons. Mahalo nui loa, Edward
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    EHaddock:
    Aloha everyone, I am a new cigar smoker. I have tried them over the years, I am 48, but never really liked them until I found CCOM. I watched the instructional videos and read the forums, as much as I could, and learned the proper way to go about things. That made a huge difference and I am now really enjoying the flavors and different bodies of cigars. I live in Hawaii and am a US Navy Retiree. I buy my smokes mostly at the Navy Exchange here, and yes they have a very good selection, or at a place called Tobaccos of Hawaii which is in my hometown of Wahiawa. I smoke between 4 and 5 cigars a month. That is increasing though with the experience as I now know how to enjoy them to their fullest. I have also posted in the Trades, Passes and Bombs forum as well and hoping that I can trade with other and expand my tasting horizons. Mahalo nui loa, Edward
    welcome and thanks for your service!
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Welcome to the forums Edward.
  • Bad Daddy RabbitBad Daddy Rabbit Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Welcome Edward. Jump right in, the waters fine! Inbox in right upper corner where you can fill out your bio, (likes, info, etc.). also, pm info and comments to others such as send me your addy if you don't mind.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Welcome Edward.
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    Welcome aboard! Great info and awesome folks here! I too thank you for your service and salute you! :)
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    Welcome to the forum, Lots of good stuff here, enjoy
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Welcome Edward.. I believe that you are the first to represent the Aloha State.
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Welcome back Mike LOL
    rzaman:
    Welcome back Mike LOL
    Thanks Rip...lol:-)
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    From one squid to another... Welcome aboard, shipmate!
    Some friendly words of advice:
    1: Try as many different blends as possible.
    2: Don't be afraid to voice your opinion. We may cuss and feud with each other, but that's what families do.
    3: Openly post your address, it's just easier that way.
    4: Make fun of Jiunns photo skills.
    5: Beware of people named Mike, Tony, Steve, Jim, Daniel, Brian, Matt, Justin... Aww Hell, be afraid of us all!
    6: Disregard rule #5.
    Seriously, stick around. You'll find tons of useful info and the company is pretty darned good, too. As previously mentioned, thank you for your years of service.
    Maholo nui loa!
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    MVW67:
    Bump:-)

Welcome to the forum, new guy! Give up the address and no one gets hurt!
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Missed ya, Mike! Good to see you around.
  • EHaddockEHaddock Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 24
    Aloha Fellow Squid! One of the reason I want to do the trading is to get some cigars that I may not buy for myself. Seeing the diversity here so far, I am thinking that won't be an issue. LOL. I just sent off my first box of trades so hopefully I can start getting onto the good traders list soon and all will be good. Mahalo nui loa, Edward
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    bump for 'bama
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    pelirrojo:
    bump for 'bama
    Your such a nice guy Gordon.
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    You're a fine fellow yourself "guy with an awesome birthday."
  • BamablowsBamablows Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 337
    smoke em if you got em:
    pelirrojo:
    bump for 'bama

thanky you sir! Im already starting to enjoy reading some of the posts on here! Looks like im in for the long haul!
    pelirrojo:
    You're a fine fellow yourself "guy with an awesome birthday."
    True true...
    Bamablows:
    smoke em if you got em:
    pelirrojo:
    bump for 'bama
    thanky you sir! Im already starting to enjoy reading some of the posts on here! Looks like im in for the long haul!
    We sure hope so. Welcome to the group.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Welcome Bama. What part of Bama? I'll guess Huntsville.
  • N0tAChanc34UN0tAChanc34U Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6
    Hey yall. Name is RJ, 23 yrs old, from South Carolina, currently deployed to Afghanistan. I never really considered cigars (mainly cause my mom smoked cigarettes and I didn't know the difference) until I was offered one before I left to come here. I forget the name but it was an interesting experience. A few days later my friend offered me another one (Rocky Patel) and that was very enjoyable. I found what I enjoy the most about cigar smoking is the time to escape (especially from this place) and the people you smoke with. So I have finally bought myself a humi and have a couple samplers on their way here now. I look forward to meeting some BOTL and if any of yall are in SC we should smoke one when I come home.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    Welcome Bro, thank u very much for your service.
  • The buffalonianThe buffalonian Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 919
    Glock1975:
    Welcome Bro, thank u very much for your service.
    second that one! There is a virtual cornucopia of information and knowledge to these fine gentleman and women
    Welcome to the forum RJ. Thanks for your service. Hopefully you can find some time to relax and smoke over there.
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    Welcome New Members