Home General Discussion

The Newbie welcoming thread.

Comments

• MackCWMackCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7
    Thanks for the warm welcome
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    (bump)

And welcome to all the new folks I've missed!
    Glad to y'all found this place ---- fire up a good one, kick back relax, and stick around for a while!
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    ddubridge:
    weekend bump
    those are the best kind arent they??
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Welcome new and old....:-)
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    MVW67:
    Welcome new and old....:-)

Hiya, Mike!!
    A hale and hearty welcome to anyone I've missed. Welcome to your own personal wonderland!
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    Hey all. Just starting to pick this up as a new hobby. I found a cigar helps me calm down during some anxiety issues and is just great to help me relax in general. Just ordered the Big Brand One Stop Sampler. Figured it'd get me enough new things at a good price and then I'll add the other necessary accessories and keep going. I'm definitely more into a mild to mild-medium flavor so far.

Name is Sam.
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    welcome to the forums Sam!!
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
    Welcome to the family.
    Welcome to the forum Sam.
    Welcome Sammy!:-) :-) :-)
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Welcome to the forum. You won't find more info on cigars anywhere else that I can assure you.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Welcome Sam. You've come to the right place.
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    Thanks everyone. Quick question, I'm on car forums, music forums, forum forums (not really) and each one has it's etiquette. So, even though I've read a lot from these pages already and have read a lot from many other websites to get some basic knowledge, is it bad etiquette on these forums to just post a new thread with my own newbie questions? I assume they have all been answered millions of times but I can't seem to find a good answer for each and every one.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    No_one21:
    Thanks everyone. Quick question, I'm on car forums, music forums, forum forums (not really) and each one has it's etiquette. So, even though I've read a lot from these pages already and have read a lot from many other websites to get some basic knowledge, is it bad etiquette on these forums to just post a new thread with my own newbie questions? I assume they have all been answered millions of times but I can't seem to find a good answer for each and every one.
    Welcome and ask away. Just try to place the question in the appropriate sub-forum (General, 101, Review, etc).
  • The buffalonianThe buffalonian Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 919
    Welcome to the forums Sam . If you could click you inbox top right hand corner you have a private message
  • SmokeWISmokeWI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 64
    Hey everyone!

My name is David, and I am 22 (23 in September). I am from Wisconsin and have lived here my entire life. I go to college at UW-Stevens Point where I am hopefully declaring a major in Wildlife Management.

I started smoking cigars last year when a kid in my dorm introduced me to cigars, and I was immediately hooked on the hobby. Due to the amount that I enjoy smoking cigars, and the lack of money I have as a college student, I transitioned into pipe smoking this last December. Unfortunately it doesn't give me the same amount of pleasure that cigars do, so I am back to them.

I just recently purchased my first humidor, just a small 20-25count one to start me off. I am currently having an issue with getting the humidity levels to come down to that 72ish level, it just sits around 80 but with time it will come down I've been told.

I am still experimenting and learning with different brands and wrappers and sizes but I seem to enjoy maduros more consistently than naturals. My favorite to date is probably the Onyx Reserve.

If anyone has any suggestions of some cigars to try that won't break my bank so to speak please feel free to message me with any info / advice you got!

Looking forward to being part of the community!
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Glad to have you on the forum David. 72ish for your RH would still be a bit high in my opinion. I keep my sticks anywhere between 64-68.... Just my thang.... There are tons of informative threads on here that you should check out.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    No_one21:
    Sometimes you just gotta ask. Please feel free to ask us. I know how it is. Sometime you just can't find a thread that has already addressed what you want to ask about. I have asked a ton of questions here and I've gotten great advice.
    SmokeWI:
    Hey everyone!

My name is David, and I am 22 (23 in September). I am from Wisconsin and have lived here my entire life. I go to college at UW-Stevens Point where I am hopefully declaring a major in Wildlife Management.

I started smoking cigars last year when a kid in my dorm introduced me to cigars, and I was immediately hooked on the hobby. Due to the amount that I enjoy smoking cigars, and the lack of money I have as a college student, I transitioned into pipe smoking this last December. Unfortunately it doesn't give me the same amount of pleasure that cigars do, so I am back to them.

I just recently purchased my first humidor, just a small 20-25count one to start me off. I am currently having an issue with getting the humidity levels to come down to that 72ish level, it just sits around 80 but with time it will come down I've been told.

I am still experimenting and learning with different brands and wrappers and sizes but I seem to enjoy maduros more consistently than naturals. My favorite to date is probably the Onyx Reserve.

If anyone has any suggestions of some cigars to try that won't break my bank so to speak please feel free to message me with any info / advice you got!

Looking forward to being part of the community!
    welcome and where you located...you have a pm
  • Rice CrispyRice Crispy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 33
    welcome everyone. im chris 29 from Chicago. ive been smoking cigars for a month now. it feels good to. my manager gave me one. an from that point I was hook.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Welcome to the fold, new convert.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Welcome one and all to the fun...have any ???? Just ask!!
  • jthanatosjthanatos Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,563
  • ToombesToombes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,451
    Welcome to anyone I've missed recently!
    "Step right up, boy. Have a cigar, you're gonna go far..."
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Toombes:
    Welcome to anyone I've missed recently!
    "Step right up, boy. Have a cigar, you're gonna go far..."
    Love some Pink Floyd.
  • Mr.FusionMr.Fusion Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 17
    Hello everyone names Ian i'm 21 live in Florida. started smoking about a year or so ago, Me and my dad started smoking cigars together ive since gone my own way and enjoy smoking pipes more often then a cigar (tho I still love me a nice cigar). My father is the one who showed me this site and I look forward to talking with you guys and diving deeper into the tobacco community.
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    Welcome to the forum Ian. Glad to have ya.