Home General Discussion

The Newbie welcoming thread.

Comments

• ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    Bump for the new guy maymg
  • maymgmaymg Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 47
    Hey everyone! My name is Mason, I am from Eau Claire, Wisconsin! Diehard Packer, Brewer fan! I'm 20 years old and relatively new the the cigar world. I have been buying off of this site like crazy! Samplers, samplers and more samplers! So far, my favorites are Diamond Crown Maximus! Montecristo White are also pretty good. My early loser is definitely an Acid Kuba Kuba, not a fan at all! I am excited to try more cigars and would love for some suggestions. I am really not that picky! Sometimes I like a Mild-Medium and sometimes I like a Full Bodied. If anyone would suggest some of their favorites that would be awesome! Everyone seems like they are great people on this forum and I am eager to meet you all!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Hey Mason, welcome to the forum. I'll try not to hold the Packer thing against you.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Welcome maymg to the forums! Lots of reading to do and lots to absorb! PM me yo addy for a Shizz sampler if you'd like to try some of my faves!
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    Welcome maymg.

I'm curious, what led you to cigars? How does a young fellow get interested, today, with all the anti-tobacco propaganda you've almost certainly been inundated with since birth, how did you find your way into the world of cigars?

At any rate, enjoy, look around, as others have said, there's an incredible amount of info here to dig out.
  • curtpickcurtpick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,600
    HOWWWWDIEEE ! maymg
  • The buffalonianThe buffalonian Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 919
    Welcome to the forums maymg , don't forget to read the forum rules, cigar 102 and to post your address
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    welcome to the forum!
  • macs-smokesmacs-smokes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 585
    Welcome to the forum...have fun and like it was stated before a LOT of good info here.
  • J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    Welcome to the fun! I remember just starting out as a young guy. I don't think my pockets were as deep as yours with all the samplers you are buying. I was lucky to get 2 or 3 a month back then. Keep smoking and enjoy the journey.
  • EddieThatchEddieThatch Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5
    Hi, My name is Eddie Thatch on this site, but my given name is Zach.

I am new to smoking cigars, roughly a year in, and I have made my way up from Jr's to slightly better cigars.

I recently met someone and struck up a conversation at a black keys concert where I was informed this is the site to be on.

So far the cigars I have smoked and enjoy are a A. Fuente - Hemingway Signature; Gurka Ghost; AF 858; Camacho.

Again I am new, and I have been on alternatives due to price.

I was told, not the way to go, and that this site would lead me in the right direction !
  • Poopy JonesPoopy Jones Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 357
    Eddie, welcome to cigar heaven. Great people here and lots of cool info
    EddieThatch:
    Hi, My name is Eddie Thatch on this site, but my given name is Zach. I am new to smoking cigars, roughly a year in, and I have made my way up from Jr's to slightly better cigars. I recently met someone and struck up a conversation at a black keys concert where I was informed this is the site to be on. So far the cigars I have smoked and enjoy are a A. Fuente - Hemingway Signature; Gurka Ghost; AF 858; Camacho. Again I am new, and I have been on alternatives due to price. I was told, not the way to go, and that this site would lead me in the right direction !
    Sounds like you're off to a good start. Welcome.
    Amos Umwhat:
    Welcome maymg.

I'm curious, what led you to cigars? How does a young fellow get interested, today, with all the anti-tobacco propaganda you've almost certainly been inundated with since birth, how did you find your way into the world of cigars?

At any rate, enjoy, look around, as others have said, there's an incredible amount of info here to dig out.
    Hey! Well, my sister's boyfriend smokes frequently. He has a walk in humidor in his house with thousands of cigars. Also, my uncle is an avid cigar smoker, so every time I got together with them I would smoke, then I decided one day that I wanted to start a collection of my own! Also, my mom, dad, and 2 sisters smoke cigarettes. I will never touch cigarettes or chewing tobacco, I have had my fair share with that nasty stuff and will never do it again! There really isn't much better than hanging out with family and/or friends enjoying cigars!
    EddieThatch:
    Hi, My name is Eddie Thatch on this site, but my given name is Zach. I am new to smoking cigars, roughly a year in, and I have made my way up from Jr's to slightly better cigars. I recently met someone and struck up a conversation at a black keys concert where I was informed this is the site to be on. So far the cigars I have smoked and enjoy are a A. Fuente - Hemingway Signature; Gurka Ghost; AF 858; Camacho. Again I am new, and I have been on alternatives due to price. I was told, not the way to go, and that this site would lead me in the right direction !
    Welcome again :) The forum and the cigar.com site are both top notch. I've learned a lot in the short time I've been here and I'm sure you will too.
    maymg:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Welcome maymg.

Hey! Well, my sister's boyfriend smokes frequently. He has a walk in humidor in his house with thousands of cigars. Also, my uncle is an avid cigar smoker, so every time I got together with them I would smoke, then I decided one day that I wanted to start a collection of my own! Also, my mom, dad, and 2 sisters smoke cigarettes. I will never touch cigarettes or chewing tobacco, I have had my fair share with that nasty stuff and will never do it again! There really isn't much better than hanging out with family and/or friends enjoying cigars!
    Interesting. Sounds like you're starting well. I was curious as to how you had known of the cigars you are starting with, nice selections, the sister's boyfriend explains a lot.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    maymg:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Welcome maymg.

i'd love to see pictures of that walkin.....sounds impressive!
    brianetz1:
    maymg:
    Amos Umwhat:
    Welcome maymg.

i'd love to see pictures of that walkin.....sounds impressive!
    I will try to get one! They live quite a ways away but I will sure try to get one for you!
  • MVW67MVW67 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,447
    Welcome New ones!!!! and returning Vets
  • MackCWMackCW Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7
    Hey All:

Brand new to the forums and cigars in general but I love them. I finally found the perfect companion to my bourbon.

I coach HS basketball and teach history, looking forward to getting to know everyone.
  • The KidThe Kid Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,842
    MackCW:
    Hey All: Brand new to the forums and cigars in general but I love them. I finally found the perfect companion to my bourbon. I coach HS basketball and teach history, looking forward to getting to know everyone.
    Welcome!
  • J.S.J.S. Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 751
    MackCW:
    Hey All:

Brand new to the forums and cigars in general but I love them. I finally found the perfect companion to my bourbon.

I coach HS basketball and teach history, looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Welcome to the fun! You will learn a lot on here and meet some great people.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Welcome to the fun folks.
    MackCW:
    Hey All: Brand new to the forums and cigars in general but I love them. I finally found the perfect companion to my bourbon. I coach HS basketball and teach history, looking forward to getting to know everyone.
    Welcome, This is a great forum with a great group of guys.
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    welcome to all the newbies
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,077
    Hello to all the new people, welcome!