Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Official Gift Exchange 2011

Comments

• deejmemixxdeejmemixx Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,064
    OK few questions, if they been asked, sorry in advanced.

The $40 dollar gift part, can part of it be none cigar related? *ie gift cards, movies etc? Or shirts,hats related to cigars etc??? I am not on the good traders list as of yet I do not think anyway, but have done some trades.

If so I am down, as I have to keep orders from online to a minimum or fear of my wife freaking out lol.
  • BombayBombay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    The 40 is for a gift of some sort not cigars. Any pain in the way of ciagrs is up to you is how I am interpreting the rules. please correct me if I am wrong fellas.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    Bombay:
    The 40 is for a gift of some sort not cigars. Any pain in the way of ciagrs is up to you is how I am interpreting the rules. please correct me if I am wrong fellas.
    thats about right.
    the "main" gift will be in the spirit of $40
    so a lighter, a cutter, hats, shirts, etc...
    then on top of that, cigars will be included. the recommendation is 3-5 cigars, however in the past everyone all of a sudden forgets how to count. 6-12 (many of them super high end premium) seems to be the norm.

make sense?

kuzi16:
    Bombay:
    thats about right.
    the "main" gift will be in the spirit of $40
    so a lighter, a cutter, hats, shirts, etc...
    then on top of that, cigars will be included. the recommendation is 3-5 cigars, however in the past everyone all of a sudden forgets how to count. 6-12 (many of them super high end premium) seems to be the norm.

make sense?

OK, count me in then
    again, i think a few of you have a PM
  • Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,971
    kuzi16:
    again, i think a few of you have a PM
    Come on boys, check your stuff...I WANNA BLOW SOMETHING UP!
    6 days till i get names sent out.
    kuzi16:
    6 days till i get names sent out.
    Did u get my pm?
    yup. just didnt update the list on the thread.
  • jasonusa1jasonusa1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 729
    pm sent, this guy right here would love to get in on the fun
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    I am looking forward to thinning out my humidor a little .
  • TeegeTeege Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 660
    If I can get someone to trade with me on the newbie thread and get on GTL in the next 6 days I would love to get in on this.
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,471
    BigT06 and beatnic, glad to see you're both on here. Wanted to see some familar faces and hope that one of you guys will vouch for me. Oh and Rick, I still owe you.......your days are numbered!
  • BigT06BigT06 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,899
    OchoZacho:
    BigT06 and beatnic, glad to see you're both on here. Wanted to see some familar faces and hope that one of you guys will vouch for me. Oh and Rick, I still owe you.......your days are numbered!
    Absolutely Zach. I added you to the GTL when I got your end of our trade in. That should be enough, but if not, I will def vouch for you to whomever needs me to speak for ya.
  • jasonusa1jasonusa1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 729
    IN. Siked! Le PM is sent.
    here is the list:
    1) lilwing88
    2) greg2648
    3) AJGARLETT
    4) TapeWormZ
    5) beatnic
    6) bip
    7) Vulchor
    8) pbchevo
    9) rossdavey2
    10) scarlin
    11) Bombay
    12) fuentejps
    13) Shaun.Harrison87
    14) Redtailhawkoz
    15) kingjk729
    16) e6specialk
    17) Hayblet
    18) dopeyferree
    19) RaschNuts
    20) Diamondog
    21) Marker
    22) smoke em if you got em
    23) MTuccelli
    24) robbyras
    25) RCY Cigars
    26) BigT06
    27) firetruckguy
    28) 90+ Irishman
    29) Bobbo2009
    30) ENFIDL
    31) lcpleel
    32) bandyt09
    33) JudoChinX
    34) StrongStyle
    35) Mephisto
    36) Kuzi16
    37) OchoZacho
    38)Laker
    39) Goldy
    40) deejmemixx
    41) jasonusa1

if you have signed up and are not on this list, post here and PM me on the same PM that you originally signed up on.

on the day after thanksgiving if you have not received a PM about who you are sending to, please PM me. please do NOT send out your gifts to others until Dec 7th. if i have made a mistake i will need to fix it and one or two people may have to send to somebody different.

this is a HUGE pass and a very large undertaking and i have done my best to be as organized as i can. but i am only human so please be patient in case of mistakes.
  • chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    I can haz 42? Hmm that's a very important number. PM sent.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,914
    WOW is all I can Say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is Freaking Amazing ! Thanks for the Hard woek Kuzi!Those powers to be here at Cigar.com..... have got to be thinking WOW ! Thanks To al at Cigar.com for making this kind of Fellowship and Love for our Hobby Possible! ROCK ON!
    kuzi16:
    here is the list:
    1) lilwing88
    2) greg2648
    3) AJGARLETT
    4) TapeWormZ
    5) beatnic
    6) bip
    7) Vulchor
    8) pbchevo
    9) rossdavey2
    10) scarlin
    11) Bombay
    12) fuentejps
    13) Shaun.Harrison87
    14) Redtailhawkoz
    15) kingjk729
    16) e6specialk
    17) Hayblet
    18) dopeyferree
    19) RaschNuts
    20) Diamondog
    21) Marker
    23) MTuccelli
    24) robbyras
    25) RCY Cigars
    26) BigT06
    27) firetruckguy
    28) 90+ Irishman
    29) Bobbo2009
    30) ENFIDL
    31) lcpleel
    32) bandyt09
    33) JudoChinX
    34) StrongStyle
    35) Mephisto
    36) Kuzi16
    37) OchoZacho
    38)Laker
    39) Goldy
    40) deejmemixx
    41) jasonusa1

if you have signed up and are not on this list, post here and PM me on the same PM that you originally signed up on.

on the day after thanksgiving if you have not received a PM about who you are sending to, please PM me. please do NOT send out your gifts to others until Dec 7th. if i have made a mistake i will need to fix it and one or two people may have to send to somebody different.

this is a HUGE pass and a very large undertaking and i have done my best to be as organized as i can. but i am only human so please be patient in case of mistakes.
  • greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    Redtailhawkoz:
    WOW is all I can Say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is Freaking Amazing ! Thanks for the Hard woek Kuzi!Those powers to be here at Cigar.com..... have got to be thinking WOW ! Thanks To al at Cigar.com for making this kind of Fellowship and Love for our Hobby Possible! ROCK ON!
    kuzi16:
    here is the list:
    1) lilwing88
    2) greg2648
    3) AJGARLETT
    4) TapeWormZ
    5) beatnic
    6) bip
    7) Vulchor
    8) pbchevo
    9) rossdavey2
    10) scarlin
    11) Bombay
    12) fuentejps
    13) Shaun.Harrison87
    14) Redtailhawkoz
    15) kingjk729
    16) e6specialk
    17) Hayblet
    18) dopeyferree
    19) RaschNuts
    20) Diamondog
    21) Marker
    23) MTuccelli
    24) robbyras
    25) RCY Cigars
    26) BigT06
    27) firetruckguy
    28) 90+ Irishman
    29) Bobbo2009
    30) ENFIDL
    31) lcpleel
    32) bandyt09
    33) JudoChinX
    34) StrongStyle
    35) Mephisto
    36) Kuzi16
    37) OchoZacho
    38)Laker
    39) Goldy
    40) deejmemixx
    41) jasonusa1

Wow. Awesome. I am going to totally destroy one of these brothers. Some poor brother better get his affairs in order. Its almost "Showtime".
    love the spirit guys.

on a side note... i think next year i will have to make it a slightly more exclusive club. 25 posts is kinda low, but its too late to change it now. if i run it next year i will up it a bit more so we can have a group of people that most of us have seen around.
    some of the guys that signed up i have never seen. I do know that part of the issue is that this forum is getting huge, but at the same time its very difficult to trust people you have never seen on the boards.

again i would like to stress to those who have never taken part in the holiday pass that this is a big one.

if i remember correctly i gifted out about $120+ in cigars alone plus the gift. i dont see this year being any different.
    ... and i was one of people that sent out one of the "smaller" gifts.

with trades of this magnitude, you can see why i have some hesitation and want it to be a more difficult pass to be a part of.

i know what the rules are, i mean, i made them. and i knwo that the rules say 3-5 cigars as the cigar part of the gift, i just want people to be aware of the culture here on ccom.

i am also trying to decide if this is a big deal or not.
    i dont want people to be disappointed.
  • scarlinscarlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,592
    So 700 dollars worth of cigars is too much? *insert smiley face here since its too complicated to do so*
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    kuzi16:
    love the spirit guys.

on a side note... i think next year i will have to make it a slightly more exclusive club. 25 posts is kinda low, but its too late to change it now. if i run it next year i will up it a bit more so we can have a group of people that most of us have seen around.
    some of the guys that signed up i have never seen. I do know that part of the issue is that this forum is getting huge, but at the same time its very difficult to trust people you have never seen on the boards.

again i would like to stress to those who have never taken part in the holiday pass that this is a big one.

if i remember correctly i gifted out about $120+ in cigars alone plus the gift. i dont see this year being any different.

with trades of this magnitude, you can see why i have some hesitation and want it to be a more difficult pass to be a part of.

i know what the rules are, i mean, i made them. and i knwo that the rules say 3-5 cigars as the cigar part of the gift, i just want people to be aware of the culture here on ccom.

Yeah, I was the one who recieved your package last year, was truely awesome. I know the noobs wont let the vets down, great bunch of guys. I agree with upping the post count next year, something to be said about adding into the forum.

Kuzi thank you, your doing a hell of a job this year!
  • chemforeverchemforever Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,200
    Thanks for the info (it is helpful to those who haven't done this exchange before), I don't want to send out a bomb to later find out someone is disappointed.
    kuzi16:
    love the spirit guys.

• AJGARLETTAJGARLETT Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 648
    I really view this as more of a giving opportunity as I'm sure other's do too. If I don't receive what is, in my opinion, an equal "gift" than so be it....as long as whoever receives my gift is delighted by it (and I'll make sure they are!). Thanks a ton for putting all this together Kuzi, I'm truly excited to participate...HO HO HO!!
  • BombayBombay Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,207
    AJGARLETT:
    I really view this as more of a giving opportunity as I'm sure other's do too. If I don't receive what is, in my opinion, an equal "gift" than so be it....as long as whoever receives my gift is delighted by it (and I'll make sure they are!). Thanks a ton for putting all this together Kuzi, I'm truly excited to participate...HO HO HO!!

There it is boys! There is going to be so much GD Pain given out this year, I can feel it in my bones.
  • TeegeTeege Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 660
    I agree with AJ as it is a giving opportunity. And even though I cant speak for all noobs I can say for myself I look at it as an opportunity to impress a vet (if thats who i get) and have alot of fun while doing it. And I think just by the generosity we have been shown here on the forums that we have a glimpse into the culture of the people here. You can even ask my brother (BigT) ever since I joined this forum every time I think about buying a cigar deal online im always asking do you think this would make for a good pass or bomb candidate lol I think that culture is whats drawing people here. That being said I do understand the skepticism but I would go out on a limb and say nobody including vets want to be the guy that let anyone down! We all want to send the package that everyone says OMG oh no he didnt! And lastly I would say the newer guys dont want to let the people who "sponsored" them down we want to make them proud or atleast I do! SO long story short dont worry we may be noobs but we can roll with the punches!
    Yes I am just happy to send something out, I hope by all means it is seen as a nice gift.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    deejmemixx:
    Yes I am just happy to send something out, I hope by all means it is seen as a nice gift.
    +1 Exactly!

With me, finances have gotten even tighter and I'm having to cut back on everything; going to the b&m, smoking, darned near NO buying anything for myself, and very very few trades (postage stacks up when you are as tight as I am right now) etc etc. That being said, to help relieve some of the temptation, I have decided to send out around 2/3rds of my entire stash and it has already started. Gave away a crap load to the troops, made my recent bombs or trades that much heavier, and am saving up the rest to just load down my xmas gifts this year. All said and done, gone from over 400 sticks to by the end of the holiday season less than 100. Just trying to give back as much as I can, all the kindness and generosity that every brother on here has shown me. Thanks to EVERYONE involved, and thanks a ton Kuzi for shouldering this giant task!!
  • GoldyGoldy Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,636
    This is by far my fav pass of the year because I often get requests for unique items that require some research which for me is the fun part. Its also fun to bomb someone back to the stone age under the cover of "santa".
  • wwesternwwestern Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,386
    PM to you Kuzi I'm in.