Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    It was a AJ Signature torp... I love this smoke but have never had that vitola... I've only had the Robusto, but I know that taste you are referring to, i've experienced it in a few sticks, not the AJ though... I can remember that in the LHC and the Sol Cubano Cuban Cabnet...

anyway, there you go... good job on this... still can't believe you got the first one right...
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 783
    BUMP>>>> Need a player
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    sirfoster83:
    BUMP>>>> Need a player
    Must be getting colder outside, no one is stepping up to play.
    Sandman1am:
    sirfoster83:
    BUMP>>>> Need a player
    Must be getting colder outside, no one is stepping up to play.
    I just played but I'll play again... we'd prefer someone new, but i love this game so I'll be the last resort
    If we don't get one this weekend I'll be sending to you Monday Robby
  • Duder2Duder2 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 926
    It's been a while since I've played, I'll go again :^)
    Duder2:
    PM duder
    Sandman1am:
    Duder2:
    PM duder
    And replied sir.
    Duder2:
    Sweet. I'll get them ready I think I have your addy but you might want to send it just to be sure.
    Got'em in today. Thanks for the extra's Brian, good stuff! I'll be smokin Stick A tonight :^)

So, who's next? I need a mystery mooch!
    Ok, Stick A is done. And it was good! It was a robusto with a light colored wrapper, at first I thought maybe a Conny, but after smoking I'm thinking Habano. It started out very spicy through the nose and maintained that spice for the first third. Also a bit peppery and cedary, very tasty. In the second and last thirds the spice mellowed and it took on a mild sweetness and was very enjoyable. All the way through it had a great burn and produced lots of smoke. I will guess Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet, or my second guess would be A Fernandez Sig. Whatever it is, it was good! Thanks Brian!
    Duder2:
    Ok, Stick A is done. And it was good! It was a robusto with a light colored wrapper, at first I thought maybe a Conny, but after smoking I'm thinking Habano. It started out very spicy through the nose and maintained that spice for the first third. Also a bit peppery and cedary, very tasty. In the second and last thirds the spice mellowed and it took on a mild sweetness and was very enjoyable. All the way through it had a great burn and produced lots of smoke. I will guess Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet, or my second guess would be A Fernandez Sig. Whatever it is, it was good! Thanks Brian!
    Glad you enjoyed it stick A was an Oliva Connecticut Reserve. I haven't had a lot of these but I rather enjoyed the ones I've had
    Really? I've had one Conny Reserve before and enjoyed it a lot, but don't remember it having the heavy spice in the beginning. Might have something to do with needing more rest after shipping. I should be able to smoke stick B later today.

I still need a mystery mooch! Who's next?
    Ok, Stick B has me stumped! I don't think I've had it before and don't even have anything in mind to guess. The size is throwing off some of my initial thoughts, it's a 6.5x50-52. Here's a quick dirty review...

Medium/dark toothy wrapper looks and smells like a habano. It had a good draw and good smoke production. My initial taste was thrown a bit off by some lingering tooth paste in my mouth, but it wasn't spicy at any point. It started with some woody, earthy, slightly nutty notes.
    Around half way it started to get a bit bitter, but never overwhelmingly. For a few minutes in the middle it kinda got an ashtray finish going, but that faded as I kept going.
    In the last third it got more earthy and just a little bitter. It was interesting and I don't have anything in mind to venture a guess... Very curious though.

Oh, and Stick C looks very nice :^)
    I have no idea where I wrote down what was what....oops. Was that a torpedo or toro?
    Thats what I was thinking.... That was an RP Sun Grown.
    Wow, I've had a few RP Sun Grown's and this one had none of the spice or slight sweetness I've associated with that stick. Inteseting...

Stick C tonight.

Still need a mystery mooch!
    As expected stick C was very nice :^)

It was a huge Torpedo 7x56-ish with a very nice dark, oily wrapper. The draw was a bit tight even after the second cut, but not un-smokable.
    I was working while I smoked it, so I didn't take notes, but it was very tasty. The burn was a bit problematic at times (probably just needed more rest) but a touch up here and there kept it going. Towards the end it got a very nice chocolaty nuance that was really good.

My guess is CAO Sopranos Boss.
    Sorry about the burn and draw the tight draw really distracts me from my enjoyment. Stick C was actually an AB Maxx. Some great reviews and great guesses brother.
    Nice, that was the first MAXX I've had and I enjoyed it despite the draw and burn issues. So I was 0 for 3, pretty much par for course so far for me, but it sure was fun tryin'! Thanks again Brian!

Now, who wants to play? I need a mystery mooch!
    Anyone want to play?
    Normally people are lining up to play this game. This is strange.
    Free cigars anyone? I still need a mystery mooch...
    Duder2:
    Man, i don't get the lack of interest.... if you can't find anyone in the next day or so, i'll play again... i just went recently, but i'm a fan of this game...
    Sounds good Rob!
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Duder2:
    Howdy neighbor, I'll play. It's been a while and I love this game.
    sightunseen:
    Duder2:
    Awesome! Any chance you may be in this area within the next few days? If so you can just stop by and grab them. Otherwise I'll drop them in the mail asap, it's kinda nasty with the weather and only having a motorcycle for transpo. Let me know what works for you brotha :^)
  • sightunseensightunseen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,130
    Duder2:
    sightunseen:
    Duder2:
    Awesome! Any chance you may be in this area within the next few days? If so you can just stop by and grab them. Otherwise I'll drop them in the mail asap, it's kinda nasty with the weather and only having a motorcycle for transpo. Let me know what works for you brotha :^)
    Yea, I can swing by. PM me your number and I'll give you a call to schedule a time.
    PM to you brother!