Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• robbyrasrobbyras Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,487
    got the sticks in the mail today... I'll try to fire one up tonight... they look impressive!
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 783
    Hey Rob I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the heads up on this. Been wanting to jump in for a while now.
    sirfoster83:
    Hey Rob I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the heads up on this. Been wanting to jump in for a while now.
    You're in... I'll ship you some sticks tomorrow... can you PM me your addy? I know I have it somewhere, but a PM would be helpful...
    ok... smoked stick A today...

it's a nice looking Torpedo... by the look, I'd say it's 6.5 x 54ish... pre-smoke I guessed it was a Habano wrapper, but after smoke I think it's a Sumatra wrapper... that's based on the stick I think it is, but I'll get there...

The pre-light draw is really loose... almost too much so... the construction is great and the wrapper is clean, minus one small blemish...

Lighting and burn were great... but the more I smoked the more loose the draw became... The flavor was peppery for about a half inch or so, but that died away... unfortunately it went downhill from there... it was pretty bland... not much goin on at all... I hate to give a bad review, but man, this stick was boring... I kept waiting for something to happen, but nothing ever did... it was like watching the Blair Witch Project... started off cool, then nothing happened for an hour...at the end, I didn't even fell like I smoked anything...

so based on this, my guess is La Herencia Cubana Original... I've one had one of these, but it jumped right to my mind as soon as the pepper died away... It pains me to say that I dislike this cigar, because I love almost everything AJ does, but nobody is perfect

again, I'm sorry that I didn't like this stick and i mean no offense to anyone...
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    A. Was a PerdomoHabano. Not one of my big time favorites but a decent daily smoke.
    i think the one I had must have been a stinker... like sometimes you get a corked bottle of win... something just seemed to be missing...I've had the Habano Maduro before and enjoyed it, so i'm convinced this one was just a bummer... I'll fier up Stick B tomorrow and sirfoster83 will have his sticks in hand on monday or tuesday
    Smoke, smoke, smoke....
    ha... I had a LONG working weekend... the only time I had to myself was sunday morning and given your warning about sticks B and C, I didn't take the chance... I will try to fire B up today... if I can't, I will smoke it for sure tomorrow night... With 3 SF home games this week, I am super busy... sorry for the delay guys!
    Just got my mystery package from Rob thanks brother. So who's getting my package? Anyone on deck here. I'll try to get through these this week. Or am I supposed to wait for Robby?
    sirfoster83:
    Just got my mystery package from Rob thanks brother. So who's getting my package? Anyone on deck here. I'll try to get through these this week. Or am I supposed to wait for Robby?
    Don't wait on me..., I'm slacking right now with all these NLCS games... go ahead and get started and take some notes... just don't post your reviews until I am done... I will wrap them up in the next few days... sorry guys, just really busy
    will do. Smoking A at the moment.
    Smoke smoke smoke..... You'll see why.....
    Jetmech_63:
    ha... if this thing explodes on me I won't be pleased... I'll fire it up before I head out to the park today... i'll have my review in the next few hours
  • laker1963laker1963 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,046
    robbyras:
    Jetmech_63:
    ha... if this thing explodes on me I won't be pleased... I'll fire it up before I head out to the park today... i'll have my review in the next few hours
    I don't blame you Rob. When I read what Vince was saying a little alarm went off in my head too. LMAO
    Review of Stick B:

Pre-light she smells great... beautiful stick really... looks like a Habano wrapper... about 5.5/45 or so... no veins... just a real good looking stick... now to fire her up!

the first inch is really nice... big woody flavors and nice thick smoke... so far i'm pretty impressed... the burn is a little uneven, but that's not a big deal... great smoke so far...

got a little bitter around the 2 inch mark... felt like it started burning a little hot... the ash hasn't fallen yet, so that might be the problem, i may be over puffing...

I knocked the ash off and that made all the difference... man, this thing is a flavor bomb... and the "eat something before you smoke" warning was well advised... it has some serious punch... i'm about half way through and lovin it... no idea what it is yet... I don't even have a guess... but it's really good...

The last half exploded with more flavor... it got more nutty and toasty as it went on... even a sweet note in there... almost like hazelnut or something... i litterally don't want it to end...

here is my guess and it's a complete shot in the dark... Tat Miami... I've never had one, but this really only reminds me of 2 smokes I've had, Tat IV and Padron 64...

no matter what it is... I wanna thank you Jet... this is a beauty!
    Camacho's Room 101. I really dig em too.
    What a great smoke... Gonna have to seek some of those out... I'll fire C up tonight or tomorrow for sure!
    anyone ready to jump in line? I have one down and will get b burning tonight? as soon as Robby has time for c this will get rolling if interested pm me your info and i'll get three out asap
    robbyras:
    What a great smoke... Gonna have to seek some of those out... I'll fire C up tonight or tomorrow for sure!
    SMOKE! :)
    Jetmech_63:
    robbyras:
    SMOKE! :)
    I am a complete Slappy! I will fire it up today... just been all over the place for the past week...
    Review of Stick C:

Pre-light it smells like a BIG smoke... Strong smell on the wrapper... it's peppery even prelight... looks like a Habano wrapper... Torp about 6/56 or so... no veins... good lookin' stick... now to SMOKE!

big flavors right off the bat... sharp burn, no lighting issues, great construction... the smoke is big, the falvors are big and it's got a kick

man, it just keeps going... and the tobacco is getting stronger... i can feel it...

flavor bomb - lots of pepper to start followed by BIG wood flavors that are slowly becoming more rich and almost creamy... creamy isn't the right word... the smoke is becoming more luxurious... again the "eat something before you smoke" warning was well advised...

The last half kicked my butt, but in a good way... wow, this is a beauty

so, for a guess I would say it is probably a smoke I have never had before... I didn't remind me of any one smoke... it has attributes of different sticks I have had but I've never had one with a level of complexity like this... I'm gonna say Liga Privada T52... total guess

again, thank you Jet... Another beauty!
    Interestng, really glad you liked it. It was an Opus X Super Belicoso with a litle over a year of age :)
    holy crap! really? well, I knew it was something I had never smoked before... it just felt like a totally different level of smoke... it was like someone took all my favorite aspects of all my favorite smokes and put them into one... I look back on my review and I don't think I did it justice...In a way it reminded me of the first really good old vine Zin I ever had... that changed my wine-drinking life... and I've got to be honest man, you have taken my cigar-smoking life to another level...

i have always heard the term "everyday cigar" and I always assumed I knew what it meant... now I think I really do... just about everything I have smoked before this was an everyday cigar... after smoking this, i realized that most of the stuff I have smoked in my time has been pretty obvious... meaning the flavors are what they are... those no real complexity or mystery to it... I think that's why i didn't really know what to say about this... it was so much more complex than everything I have had prior to it... I'm probably going overboard now because I am so greatful to Jet... but yeah, it was a totally different experience... I'm actually glad I smoked it blind... I feel like I get more out of each stick when I'm not sure what I am smoking... I pay more attention to the details...

well, at least I got the Habano wrapper right!
    I still need someone after me if there are any takers...

This is my first review ever so I'll try to do my best.

Stick A: Really nice looking torp. Good construction and no veins.

Prelight: Really great smelling cigar, prelight draw was a little tight.

Lots of pepper of the bat, not too much but just enough. Really good flavor for the first third, this thing burned forever and the ash was DENSE!

Unfortunately at about the 2/3 mark it got a little too tight and a slight harshness (may be due to a sore throat I just got over). Other than the draw being a little too tight for me it was an excellent smoke.

Guess: This one drove me nuts, the flavor really reminded me of an AJ Signature but I really don't think thats what it was. To be honest I have no idea what it is but I liked it and need to revisit it. So I guess it is either an AJ Sig or maybe a La Perla Habana Rojo?

Good stick Rob really enjoyed it
    sirfoster83:

Lots of pepper of the bat, not too much but just enough. Really good flavor for the first third, this thing burned forever and the ash was DENSE!

Unfortunately at about the 2/3 mark it got a little too tight and a slight harshness (may be due to a sore throat I just got over). Other than the draw being a little too tight for me it was an excellent smoke.

Guess: This one drove me nuts, the flavor really reminded me of an AJ Signature but I really don't think thats what it was. To be honest I have no idea what it is but I liked it and need to revisit it. So I guess it is either an AJ Sig or maybe a La Perla Habana Rojo?

ok, so I've only been involved in this game for a few months and never really read the thread before then... so as far as I know you are the only person to ever get it right... it was La Perla Habana Rojo... amazing dude... that's freakin impressive...

sorry about the draw issues... I've had 3 from that same batch and didn't have any issues, but it happens... I hope it didn't ruin the experience... I love those sticks...
    robbyras:
    sirfoster83:

ok, so I've only been involved in this game for a few months and never really read the thread before then... so as far as I know you are the only person to ever get it right... it was La Perla Habana Rojo... amazing dude... that's freakin impressive...

sorry about the draw issues... I've had 3 from that same batch and didn't have any issues, but it happens... I hope it didn't ruin the experience... I love those sticks...
    I also have never had one... well guess I have now. Gonna have to buy some of these. I was just going off of a review I read. Also it wasn't a horrible draw just a little tight from what I prefer
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,567
    robbyras:
    sirfoster83:

Sir good guess man it's pretty cool when you get one right. Rob I as well as a few others on here have gotten them correct before. It's not easy by any means but sure is fun, even more so when you can get one right. Makes me think that my tastes are developing. I love this game.
    Stick C (had to go with the robusto due to nasty weather, swore the roof was gonna fly off the garage while smoking!)

Prelight: Great looking maduro with a slightly sweet smell. Few veins, good construction.

Smoking: Nice smooth smoke all the way through, had a slight sweet taste, lots of nice smoke. Great draw (used a punch). Overall I really enjoyed this cigar, at first I thought it might be a Ccom Brazil but after 2/3 I changed my mind to an Oliva O Maduro. Not sure what it is but I really enjoyed it another great choice Rob!

FYI I only have B left and nobody in line to send sticks to. HELP!
    sirfoster83:
    Stick C (had to go with the robusto due to nasty weather, swore the roof was gonna fly off the garage while smoking!)

Prelight: Great looking maduro with a slightly sweet smell. Few veins, good construction.

Smoking: Nice smooth smoke all the way through, had a slight sweet taste, lots of nice smoke. Great draw (used a punch). Overall I really enjoyed this cigar, at first I thought it might be a Ccom Brazil but after 2/3 I changed my mind to an Oliva O Maduro. Not sure what it is but I really enjoyed it another great choice Rob!

FYI I only have B left and nobody in line to send sticks to. HELP!
    glad you enjoyed it... Stick C was a 5 Vegas A... Big fan of those...
    Stick B:

prelight smells la little sweet good construction few veins. torp looks like a habano.

picked up some spice with a little sweetness. good draw annd flavor. it was a long smoke. overall it was pretty good. there was one draw that tasted like a relit cigarette and then as fast as it cam it was gone. REALLY weird. I'd have to guess something like a Cuba Libre. No ttoo sure just seems like something I haven't tried before.

NEED A NEW PErSON!!! Any takers I have the sticks ready to go!