Home Non Cigar Related

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Really fvcking bad day at work, luckily I work from home so when I reached my level of BS that I could no longer tolerate I poured myself a small amount of W.L. Weller Antique 107 with a thimble of water. Helped a lot :)

• blutattooblutattoo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    90+ Irishman:
    Really fvcking bad day at work, luckily I work from home so when I reached my level of BS that I could no longer tolerate I poured myself a small amount of W.L. Weller Antique 107 with a thimble of water. Helped a lot :)

Well you can look at it this way, at least you can crack a beer at break time.
    Local brewery Track 7 their newest IPA. image
    blutattoo:
    What did ya think Jason? IPA's are what I normally reach for before any others.
    At Lefthand brewery after work, had a Fade to Black black ale (8.5%) which was great for taking the edge of the day off now wrapping up with a cask conditioned 400lb Monkey IPA with added Sovereign and Columbus hops at cellar temp. Damn good beer and finally feeling human again :)

• avengethisavengethis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,193
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    Glendronach 15 year Revival. Ah-Mazing! A decent peat backbone with a huge sherry nose and notes. Like Christmas cake in a bottle, you can seriously nose this for 20 minutes and keep picking up new things. photo 2FD745DD-039A-413E-9FC7-72079C7D9E45.jpg
    avengethis:
    Just wow, that's a heck of a combo. Heard great things about the Dragons Milk though never tried it, and the 15 year is like liquid velvet toffee... And that Magnum 50 looks killer. Nice job!
    90+ Irishman:
    blutattoo:
    It was good not great. A little too sweet initially. After I got used to the blast of honey and molasses when it first hits your mouth it changed to a traditional IPA aftertaste. Huge change on the palate throughout each sip which may appeal to some folks. I equate it to smoking a mild conny that switches flavors to a LFD chisel mid puff.
    blutattoo:
    90+ Irishman:
    blutattoo:
    It was good not great. A little too sweet initially. After I got used to the blast of honey and molasses when it first hits your mouth it changed to a traditional IPA aftertaste. Huge change on the palate throughout each sip which may appeal to some folks. I equate it to smoking a mild conny that switches flavors to a LFD chisel mid puff.
    That sounds very unique and quite odd for an IPA. I'm with you though not what I typically look for or want in an IPA.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    Woodford Old Fashioneds & Labatt Blue the past few days...yummy
    jgibv:
    Never actually had an old fashioned before, going to need to change that next time I decide to do a mixed drink.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    90+ Irishman:
    jgibv:
    Never actually had an old fashioned before, going to need to change that next time I decide to do a mixed drink.
    Do it, I dare you :-) :-)
    Simple to make, sugar, bitters, club soda (I never have any so skip it lol) orange slice & cherry. Ice. And bourbon obviously! Nom nom nom
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    jgibv:
    90+ Irishman:
    jgibv:
    Simple to make, sugar, bitters, club soda (I never have any so skip it lol) orange slice & cherry. Ice. And bourbon obviously! Nom nom nom
    I skip soda too. Mmmm, these are my favorite next to a splash of ginger ale or just a big cube
    Gray4lines:
    jgibv:
    90+ Irishman:
    jgibv:
    I skip soda too. Mmmm, these are my favorite next to a splash of ginger ale or just a big cube
    Sounds great, all I am missing is the bitters so I will have to grab some. Thanks Gang ;)
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    90+ Irishman:

What kind of "favors" are we talking about here?
    ddubridge:
    90+ Irishman:

I have no idea what you're talking about ;)
  • D FreshD Fresh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 558
    90+ Irishman:
    ddubridge:
    90+ Irishman:

I have no idea what you're talking about ;)
    That's awesome to work from home and be able to do this! Hope it improved your day!
    Check out the "try my Liquid" pass in TP&B
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    Very nice choice Sherman, bet that's really tasty!
    Started with this before dinner....

Then wrapped up with this after dinner for the night.

• rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    90+ Irishman:
    Very nice choice Sherman, bet that's really tasty!

Very good. Smooth but still a nice kick in the back of the throat at 113 proof. That is a pretty nice nightcap you have there as well Irish
    Thi is actually really good...photo BCD2826B-FA68-47A4-8D83-A9935E36F688.jpg
    Jetmech_63:
    I like peanutbutter, but damn... lol!
    image Very good! Nose is deep with caramel, a fresh citrusy note, and some smoke. Smokey and caramel taste. My favorite so far.
    Gray4lines:
    image Very good! Nose is deep with caramel, a fresh citrusy note, and some smoke. Smokey and caramel taste. My favorite so far.
    Nice very very nice Gray! I really do need to get one of those Glencairn glasses, I just always spend the money on the drink instead of the glass hahahaha
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 808
    A few of these. photo imagejpg1-71.jpg
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    I like this but I can't find it here anymore. Do you know if it is a seasonal now? ^Referring to the Goose
  • CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    Jetmech_63:
    I saw a peanut butter porter recently. They both sound good.