Home Non Cigar Related

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    amz1301:
    Gray4lines:
    Both the eagle rare and bookers are on my to try list. Looks tasty!
    Pretty new to Bourbon, this is my favorite so far. Gray, you're in KY? Have you done the Bourbon Trail?
    I have only visisted Woodford and Makers mark. Id like to see a couple more, but I prob won't do the whole trail back to back. The individual trips were very fun!
  • PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 808
    Today I am watching football enjoying Tangueray 10.
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    It's raining...the dogs are all sleeping...obozo still in office...the kids are away...and I have 3 BUZZ BALLZ left...what the heck.
  • D FreshD Fresh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 558
    Patrickbrick:
    I like Tangueray 10. Hendricks is probably my favorite Gin although I don't drink it often.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    D Fresh:
    Patrickbrick:
    I like Tangueray 10. Hendricks is probably my favorite Gin although I don't drink it often.
    You are seriously creeping me out lmao, Hendricks is my personal fav Gin and then after that would be Leopoldo Bros gin (unflavored) and then Bombay Saphire.
    Poured a dram of the Evan Williams 1783 that my sweetie was nice enough to get me. Pretty darned good especially when you factor in the price!

Nose: Caramel and refined sugar, a bit of sweet corn and a touch of oak. Not overly complex but still an enjoyable nose, nearly zero alcohol hint.

Palate: Smooth and a bit of a light syrup mouth feel, seems thin at first but thickens up at the finish when the burn shows up which is a nice slow warming burn. Tastes a touch young and a bit watered down (probably because I prefer 100+ proof neat), but it's definitely a sweeter bourbon and has notes of raisin, vanilla, caramel and oak. The finish is clean and short sadly, however the burn lingers on the palate and a fruity caramel lingers. For $13 this is a great find and easy to drink neat if you don't want to try to pay attention closely to what you're sipping on. If you want something to hold your attention it doesn't have the complexity to do so but very easy to drink and wouldn't feel bad for an instant if it was mixed.

PS - It actually opens up and a bit more boldness and black pepper comes to play if you let it sit for 30 min to 1 hr.

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    I've gotten in the habit of doing that and it really changes my drink. Especially with scotches, let them sit covered for 20 minutes or so.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    Will have to try that. Nice review Brett.
    Drinking some local Italian D*go Red wine tonight.
    Jetmech_63:
    I've gotten in the habit of doing that and it really changes my drink. Especially with scotches, let them sit covered for 20 minutes or so.
    I can only guess that it's slight oxidation/interaction of the the air and whisk(e)y, only thing I could come up with. But yeah I just started to pick up on that on some of them.
    rsherman24:
    Will have to try that. Nice review Brett.
    Drinking some local Italian D*go Red wine tonight.
    Thanks Sherm, I don't have that great of a palate for whiskey yet but I'm working on it. I know that a few were intersted in the 1792 Ridgemont Reserve, next time I pour some I will see if I can't try to put a couple sentences together on it.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    photo C69360E6-0B83-463D-9474-7C157AAB352E.jpgNot bad for an LBV, prefer the 20 year.
    90+ Irishman:
    D Fresh:
    Patrickbrick:
    You are seriously creeping me out lmao, Hendricks is my personal fav Gin and then after that would be Leopoldo Bros gin (unflavored) and then Bombay Saphire.
    I too am a huge fan of Hendricks, however at the price point I get the 10 vs the cost for Hendricks, 10 wins. There is a also a local distillery that a makes a great gin called copper fiddle distillery.
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    D Fresh:
    Patrickbrick:
    I too am a huge fan of Hendricks, however at the price point I get the 10 vs the cost for Hendricks, 10 wins. There is a also a local distillery that a makes a great gin called copper fiddle distillery.
    I like the 10 as well but Hendricks is my fav, but I agree it's pricey. There is also a local distillery next to me Patrick, Spirit Hound, and they do a decent gin I've heard.
  • raisindotraisindot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 936
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    D Fresh:
    Patrickbrick:
    I like the 10 as well but Hendricks is my fav, but I agree it's pricey. There is also a local distillery next to me Patrick, Spirit Hound, and they do a decent gin I've heard.

+100 on Hendricks. Any other gin these days--even my trusty Tanqueray--is just second class. Do you do the cucumber thing with it?
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
    Whats something cheaper(under $20) that most liquor stores have? Im the mood to try something new. Ill be going tomorrow.
    thanks.
    I've heard Rebel Yell, Fighting ***, Evan Williams Bonded Biurbon, Evan Williams 1783 (I have this and like it) and Old Grandad Bonded are all good less than $20 bourbons typically.
    raisindot:
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    D Fresh:
    Patrickbrick:

+100 on Hendricks. Any other gin these days--even my trusty Tanqueray--is just second class. Do you do the cucumber thing with it?
    In the summer every once in a while I do.
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    D Fresh:
    Patrickbrick:
    Would you be interested in a trade? They have a gin that is aged in bourbon barrels that might be up your ally.
    Today I will be enjoying this photo imagejpg1-72.jpg
  • D FreshD Fresh Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 558
    Patrickbrick:
    raisindot:
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    D Fresh:
    Patrickbrick:

Yes, love the cucumber with it. It's definitely a great, refreshing summer drink!
    D Fresh:
    Patrickbrick:
    raisindot:
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    D Fresh:
    Patrickbrick:

Yes, love the cucumber with it. It's definitely a great, refreshing summer drink!
    Indeed it is.
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    D Fresh:
    Patrickbrick:
    Would you be interested in a trade? They have a gin that is aged in bourbon barrels that might be up your ally.
    I'd love to bro but I honestly don't have any gin in my cabinets currently, let alone Hendricks. I do need to pick a bottle up sometime this spring, when I do I will be happy to send you some regardless though :)
    Patrickbrick:
    Nice, I enjoy Glenlivet quite a bit ;)
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    D Fresh:
    Patrickbrick:
    I'd love to bro but I honestly don't have any gin in my cabinets currently, let alone Hendricks. I do need to pick a bottle up sometime this spring, when I do I will be happy to send you some regardless though :)
    Please pm your address.
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    Nice, I enjoy Glenlivet quite a bit ;)
    As do I, this went very well with that nub.
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    D Fresh:
    Patrickbrick:
    Please pm your address.
    If I did that I would basically be bending over and blowing you a kiss a la Rain style ;) lmao just kidding, Randy love you :D

Pateick I dunno what heinous mischief you're up to but there is no need. If there's anything you see below that catches your eye I will happily send some sample to you, will need to give me a week or two to get everything put together though, I'm about to go on a bit of a bombing/sharing run with a few people hooch related. Get paid Friday so I can go pick up several offerings at a few liquor stores for some brothers that I very much want to make my introduction to lol. But yeah long story short and to stop rambling, take a peek at the collection below. Anything you're intersted in let me know and I can put a small bottle of it in the mail to you. the only thing not pictured is a bottle I snagged today. Called Rebel Reserve, it's a wheated bourbon. It's a cheaper bottle but supposed to be surprisingly good and supposedly can compete with many $30/bottle offerings. Excited to try it out.

90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    Patrickbrick:
    90+ Irishman:
    D Fresh:
    Patrickbrick:
    Please pm your address.
    If I did that I would basically be bending over and blowing you a kiss a la Rain style ;) lmao just kidding, Randy love you :D

Pateick I dunno what heinous mischief you're up to but there is no need. If there's anything you see below that catches your eye I will happily send some sample to you, will need to give me a week or two to get everything put together though, I'm about to go on a bit of a bombing/sharing run with a few people hooch related. Get paid Friday so I can go pick up several offerings at a few liquor stores for some brothers that I very much want to make my introduction to lol. But yeah long story short and to stop rambling, take a peek at the collection below. Anything you're intersted in let me know and I can put a small bottle of it in the mail to you. the only thing not pictured is a bottle I snagged today. Called Rebel Reserve, it's a wheated bourbon. It's a cheaper bottle but supposed to be surprisingly good and supposedly can compete with many $30/bottle offerings. Excited to try it out.

You have a wonderful collection, no need to share with me. I have not "met" you yet, so I'm thinking its time we do so.
    Lol bro need has got nothing to do with it, I am always happy to share :)