Home Non Cigar Related

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    had a weekend of lots of yuengling, labatts and harp.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    Well work kept me past 9pm so I couldn't go to the liquor store so it was a "Stew of Alcohol"

I started with two Leinie's Classic Amber, One Harp, One Miller Lite and now some Johnny Walker Red... (HE THAT WE SHALL NOT NAME!)

I'm not an EXPERT at scotch, but I'm not the world's biggest fan of the RED... Too Peaty (or what I believe to be peaty) for me... I just wish I had more Glenfiddich around... damnit
  • HugemooseHugemoose Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 458
    Since I was too hammered last night to sign on.....I had a lot of gin and tonic at a Labor day party yesterday. New Amsterdam Gin.....it is pretty good!

That was followed by 3 or 4 Woodchuck ciders; the dark and dry ones. These are great! I love apple cider, so spiked apple cider is right up my alley!

The mix of gin and hard cider on the other hand.....not good. I payed for it today. Therefore I had mostly water and iced tea today.
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Michelob Light ...very good but was mule-lipped that I was out of Fat Tire !!!
    gmill880:
    Two things...

Never heard of Mule-lipped but I will use it from now on..

AND I'm drinking Fat Tire (and also Miller Lite)

P.s. I also forgot about this thread so let me catch up
    Miller Lite
    Miller Lite
    Miller Lite
    Miller Lite
    Miller Lite
    Water
    Miller Lite
    Miller Lite
    Miller Lite
    Miller Lite
    Gator Milk
  • TheShaunTheShaun Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 425
    Coke Zero X 2
    Water
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    Lasabar:
    Well work kept me past 9pm so I couldn't go to the liquor store so it was a "Stew of Alcohol"

I started with two Leinie's Classic Amber, One Harp, One Miller Lite and now some Johnny Walker Red... (HE THAT WE SHALL NOT NAME!)

I'm not an EXPERT at scotch, but I'm not the world's biggest fan of the RED... Too Peaty (or what I believe to be peaty) for me... I just wish I had more Glenfiddich around... damnit
    I like the JW Red, but if that one is not your style you might like JW Gold. Its about 2x the price but just sipping it, no ice or anything at room temp., it is smoooooth and delicious! When I go to visit my father about twice a year I always bring him a bottle and we sip and catch up. If JW is just not for you try a Glenlivet. A little more smooth, a decent price, and one of my go to scotch's when I am in the mood.
    Yuengling Porter last night. It was a good night for dark beer, I was clay barring the Porsche! Today....wax, wax, and more wax. I should switch to hard liquor tonight....
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    in Cincinnati there is a local ginger ale that i kinda grew up with. when im down there i get a 6 pack (bottles hell yeah) its called Ale81 (pronounced "a late one" or shortened to "ale 8" ) if you are in the area pick it up. good stuff.
    Hugemoose:
    Since I was too hammered last night to sign on.....I had a lot of gin and tonic at a Labor day party yesterday. New Amsterdam Gin.....it is pretty good!

That was followed by 3 or 4 Woodchuck ciders; the dark and dry ones. These are great! I love apple cider, so spiked apple cider is right up my alley!

The mix of gin and hard cider on the other hand.....not good. I payed for it today. Therefore I had mostly water and iced tea today.
    i like to make my own hard cider.

Captain Morgan and warm apple cider is a great drink for a crisp fall night around the fire.
    Lasabar:
    gmill880:
    Two things...

Never heard of Mule-lipped but I will use it from now on..

AND I'm drinking Fat Tire (and also Miller Lite)

P.s. I also forgot about this thread so let me catch up
    Miller Lite
    Miller Lite
    Miller Lite
    Miller Lite
    Miller Lite
    Water
    Miller Lite
    Miller Lite
    Miller Lite
    Miller Lite
    Gator Milk

Damn you Lassie !!! Oh and Mule-Lipped is an old country saying meaning very very upset or just plain pissed off !!!
    This one's for Gene...

Miller Lite, and then Fat Tire... (got a 12-er)
    I drank too much. I guess tomorrow will be one of those hung over work days.
    Lasabar:
    This one's for Gene...

Miller Lite, and then Fat Tire... (got a 12-er)

I'm seeing some Fat Tire in my afternoon plans ...
  • MarkHMarkH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 120
    Had to break open a leaking Anheuser Bush load today to inspect.

Buu..beer anyone?
    MarkH:
    Had to break open a leaking Anheuser Bush load today to inspect.

Buu..beer anyone?
    I think I'll drink some more Miller Lite with this pic....

Oh Look at that!!!! There's a Miller Lite in my hand!!!
    Having an Okanagan Spring Lager at this moment.
    And I'm having a Miller Lite at the moment!!!
    my wife and i have decided that today we will do two things all day:

cook

drink beer

On the menu:
    Felafel and portabello muchrooms on a grilled multi-grain ciabatta bread with sprouts, goat cheese and various greens.

Rose and hazelnut (filbert) rice.

Grilled watermelon with feta cheese.

to finish it off... wild blackberry sorbet.

all made from scratch. (well, we bought the cheese)

in the glass:

Moerlein Brewery's Friend of an Irishman. this is a cincinnati microbrew that celebrates the two groups of immigrants that seemed to go to cincinnati. Its an oatmeal stout.

Maredsous no.8 dobbel. probably my all time favorite beer (right now)

leinenkugel's oktoberfest.

my wife likes all of these as well.

...now if i can only get her to like cigars too.
    kuzi16:
    my wife and i have decided that today we will do two things all day:

cook

drink beer

On the menu:
    Felafel and portabello muchrooms on a grilled multi-grain ciabatta bread with sprouts, goat cheese and various greens.

Rose and hazelnut (filbert) rice.

Grilled watermelon with feta cheese.

to finish it off... wild blackberry sorbet.

all made from scratch. (well, we bought the cheese)

in the glass:

Moerlein Brewery's Friend of an Irishman. this is a cincinnati microbrew that celebrates the two groups of immigrants that seemed to go to cincinnati. Its an oatmeal stout.

Maredsous no.8 dobbel. probably my all time favorite beer (right now)

leinenkugel's oktoberfest.

my wife likes all of these as well.

...now if i can only get her to like cigars too.
    I'm off today.... and in Retail that is an accomplishment... but sadly if my day mimicked yours it'd be probably Miller Lite and food ordered in.... (or maybe BW3's)...

I'm very intrigued by the grilled Watermelon and Cheese... just sounds.... like a weird texture
    Anyone see the Natural Light "Natty Caddy"???

In college Natty was the cheapest swill that was drinkable... I'm glad to see Natty speaking to their core demographic!!
    Lasabar:
    I'm very intrigued by the grilled Watermelon and Cheese... just sounds.... like a weird texture
    maybe grilled isnt quite the right word...

the plan for this is as follows. slice watermelon into 1 inch slices and wedge. mist ever so lightly with a very smokey Balsamic Vinegar. Super heat a pan. sear on one side. flip. place feta cheese on other side cover for about 20 seconds. serve. in theory we should have a smokey caramelised watermelon with a bit of a salty cheese on top. the texture of the watermelon will be about the same. it will probably be cold in the middle still...
    i always liked cheese served with fruit and i always liked watermelon with a bit of salt. this combines the two. salty cheese on fruit.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    ... Kuzi, you lost me at felafel, but after a quick wiki search, it sound like a nice dinner you have planned.
    I get hungry every time you list your " what's for dinner"
  • shamrockedshamrocked Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 285
    had a couple of oktoberfest brews - paulaner to be exact
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    shamrocked:
    had a couple of oktoberfest brews - paulaner to be exact
    That is one great beer!! I had a few when I was in Germany for a day. Nice taste, shamrocked.
  • magicsevenmagicseven Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 33
    I am torn bewteen 2 options.

I just got a 1.75 of Pravda from a buddy for helping him set up his new tv and crap.

But I also have a 12`er of Capital Octoberfest.   Lasabar can commune with me and tell you how good cap octfest is.

So i'll probably have a beer tonight while grilling, then sit on the deck and have a pravda striahgt up on the rocks and a nice stick.
    Was at Your Place the other night and had Sam Adams Octoberfest. D@mn I love that beer!!!
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    Hugemoose:
    Was at Your Place the other night and had Sam Adams Octoberfest. D@mn I love that beer!!!
    Oh man, I had one of these last night. Such a great beer.
    Fat Tire to start... Miller Lite to finish...

This one-two combo is what is gonna make me feel like a 14 yr. old boy after a stint at Neverland Ranch....

What, too soon????
    Lasabar:
    Fat Tire to start... Miller Lite to finish...

This one-two combo is what is gonna make me feel like a 14 yr. old boy after a stint at Neverland Ranch....

What, too soon????
    Haha....for a Michal Jackson joke? Never too soon!!

As for what I had to drink last night, I enjoyed two Labatt Blues and then a Blue Moon at the bar. I went out with the woman (which is very unlike us to go to bars). We met up with some people though and it was a good time! Just got home too late to also enjoy a good cigar.