Home Non Cigar Related

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• HugemooseHugemoose Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 458
    TheShaun:
    Hugemoose:
    Molson again. 2 at the house while I was working on the girlfriends car, and then 1 on tap when I had dinner.

The other night I had a way too much Pumpkin Spice Ale made my New Holland Brewing Company. It was fantastic!! We had a big party at our house and he was the brewer on site. Oh yes.....I said brewer at my house. It was a big party. ~200 people, 4 live bands, 185lbs pig, large portion of a cow, and lots and lots of kegs. When I get pictures from it I will post some pics.
    Which Molson you Hoser? Take off, EH! :)
    Haha. Molson Canadian. As far as I'm concerned, it's the only Molson.
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I'm winding down this "Fall Back" holiday with some Leinie's Nut Brown Ale
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Another Jim Beam Black with cinnamon.
  • HugemooseHugemoose Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 458
    stephen_hannibal:
    With cinnamon?? That sounds great!
    Hugemoose:
    stephen_hannibal:
    With cinnamon?? That sounds great!

dude it's freaking delicious!!!!
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    Meant to post this last night, but forgot...

I was at my B&M yesterday, and I've gotten to know the owner pretty well. As we were hanging in the back of the walk-in, we got to talking about that good ol' island south of miami, and about how's just something special about the cigars and rum from there.

Along those lines, he pulled out a bottle of his favorite rum...and holy moly was that the best rum I've ever had. Soooo smooth, and amazing flavor. On top of that, he pulled out an unbanded stick from a box in the back, and with a wink told me to enjoy it after a full meal. Damn that was a good visit...
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    home made red wine with a splash of Sierra Mist ---delicious !!!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    tonight i had some Ommegang Abbey Ale Belgan Style abbey doubbbel, and goose Island Nut Brown Ale.

the wife and i enjoyed it while watching Dawn of the Dead.

kuzi16:
    tonight i had some Ommegang Abbey Ale Belgan Style abbey doubbbel, and goose Island Nut Brown Ale.

the wife and i enjoyed it while watching Dawn of the Dead.

I REALLY like the Goose Island Nut Brown... I'm finishing a 12er of Leinenkugel's version, but the finish is more robust and smoother in the Goose Island
    gmill880:
    home made red wine with a splash of Sierra Mist ---delicious !!!
    SPRITZER'S!!!!
  • BStayerBStayer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 318
    I've been drinking Paulaner Oktoberfest in spirit of the season and will have my last bottle tonight. It's one of the better Oktoberfests I've had. I've recently had my first Macallan 12 yo and wow, is that smooth and dangerously easy to drink!! Very heavy in the aroma, but very easy on the palate.
    Woodford Reserve ....Yeahhhhhh...
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Cherry Dr. Pepper mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good! Seriously I wish I wasn't poor so I could buy some Bailey's Mint Chocolate and mix it with eggnog. I don't care who you are that is good shiiznitz right there.
    Newcastle brown Ale... I'm on a brown ale kick right now, I think it's a good fall beer!

I've had the Leinie's Fireside nut brown, Goose Island nut brown (fav) and now the Newcastle... I think I'm really digging the Brown Ales and for good reason!
    Lasabar:
    Newcastle brown Ale... I'm on a brown ale kick right now, I think it's a good fall beer!

I've had the Leinie's Fireside nut brown, Goose Island nut brown (fav) and now the Newcastle... I think I'm really digging the Brown Ales and for good reason!

May I recommend the Rogue Nut Brown Ale. This is perhaps the best brown ale I've ever had. It smells and tastes like chocolate covered nuts!

Everything I just typed just doesn't sound quite right, ya know?
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    Lasabar:

I'm with you on the Newcastle Brown. That is mighty tasty stuff.
    I looked at Rogue's website but unfortunately they don't list Wisconsin as a place to buy....

I will just have to be happy with Goose Island and Newcastle
  • smbrinksmbrink Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 406
    Bloody Marys....like 4. Mixed with Tito's Handmade Vodka and spiced them up with some Chipotle Cholula...the last one had lots of Tito's Handmade Vodka, and also a mug of eggnog and rum.
    Today, it's Rogue Brutal Bitter. Man, for a bitter, this sure does have quite the hop presence. Most bitters are sweet and caramelly...not so with this one!
    Barefoot Pinot Grigio
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 846
    Jack Daniel's--Gentleman Jack....
    little red wine and a little miller lite
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    bottled water, about 10 of 'em because that is all we have out here (until I get a package from Tony...).
    tonight im drinking Paulner Munchen Salvator Double Bock.

right out of germany sinve 1634

All it says on the bottle is:
    "Eache one of my Paulner Biers is brewed slowly, all naturally, as they have been for over 360 years"

this is a damn good beer. buy it.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,132
    smbrink:
    Bloody Marys....like 4. Mixed with Tito's Handmade Vodka and spiced them up with some Chipotle Cholula...the last one had lots of Tito's Handmade Vodka, and also a mug of eggnog and rum.
    Tito's is some good Vodka! My buddy Nick gave my wife a bottle for her birthday and we put away almost half of it the first night.
    kuzi16:

"Eache one of my Paulner Biers is brewed slowly, all naturally, as they have been for over 360 years"

Yummers!! Salvator is perhaps my favorite Dopplebock (or double bock, they're the same). Ayinger also makes a fine dopplebock, called Celebrator. Since you seem to like beer and you like Paulaner, have you had their hefe-weissbier? It's an unfiltered wheat beer, it's very smooth yet very tasty and complex. Here's a link that will give you some idea of what to expect from it.
    BStayer:
    kuzi16:

Yummers!! Salvator is perhaps my favorite Dopplebock (or double bock, they're the same). Ayinger also makes a fine dopplebock, called Celebrator. Since you seem to like beer and you like Paulaner, have you had their hefe-weissbier? It's an filtered wheat beer, it's very smooth yet very tasty and complex. Here's a link that will give you some idea of what to expect from it.
    i have yet to try that. ill have to look and see if my store carries it. they have a good selection there so i wouldnt be surprised.

today im drinking eggnog

hells to the yeah.
    I had a bottle of North Coast Brewing Old Stock Ale. I was completely caught off guard with this one. This is one intense and yet so savory beer!! So many rich fruits, caramel, a bit of molasses...absolutely delicious!! If you have access to it, get it!!
  • T. GervaisT. Gervais Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 239
    kuzi16:
    BStayer:
    kuzi16:

Yummers!! Salvator is perhaps my favorite Dopplebock (or double bock, they're the same). Ayinger also makes a fine dopplebock, called Celebrator. Since you seem to like beer and you like Paulaner, have you had their hefe-weissbier? It's an filtered wheat beer, it's very smooth yet very tasty and complex. Here's a link that will give you some idea of what to expect from it.
    i have yet to try that. ill have to look and see if my store carries it. they have a good selection there so i wouldnt be surprised.

today im drinking eggnog

hells to the yeah.
    Eggnog =) Hells to the yeah indeed.
    Hornsby Hard Cider, and Blue Moon