Home Non Cigar Related

what did you drink today ?

Comments

• ejenne87ejenne87 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,921
    A whole mess of bottled water... again.

but, in 5-6 weeks I will be back in the states and I can finaly start enjoy BEER again! I will also be on a quest for the perfect scotch and red wine to pair with a cigar. I'll update as I find anything decent.
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    So last night I got the chance to get together with bass8844 from here and a local buddy that I've gotten into cigars. We hung out at my favorite lounge, had some drinks, blazed some good sticks, and had a generally good time. I had a delicious rum and coke, and fortunately I have a bottle of the rum they used, so now I know what to use it for!
  • HaysHays Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,262
    stephen_hannibal:
    Hornsby Hard Cider, and Blue Moon
    I've really come to like Hornsby cider. It's good stuff
  • kaworuchankaworuchan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 28
    Right now, I am drinking Smirnoff vodka and Rockstar Pomegranite.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    I had some festive Pumpkin Ale from my local Wasatch Brewery. It was actually better than I thought it would be.
  • BStayerBStayer Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 318
    Last night I was able to try out my new Tripel Karmeliet glass (which is absolutely beautiful by the way) with some Tripel Karmeliet. Fantastic beer! Loads of bananas, apples, lightly spicey, some interesting yeast, and a delicious flavor of fresh baked bread comes through in this one. Love this beer and the glass just makes it phenomenal!
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,909
    Bulleit Bourbon, smoooooth. It's quickly becoming my favorite whiskey.
  • jeff_connorsjeff_connors Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 483
    Bowmore mother effing 12 year single malt
  • LasabarLasabar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,457
    I totally drank my fair share of Miller Lite last night...

I cut my cigar open with a pocket knife and today started with having to check my bank account to see how much I spent... Yikes!
  • blacklightblacklight Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10
    i drink vodka last night and oh, my head are still turning around. geshh i guess i drunk too much.
    BStayer:
    Last night I was able to try out my new Tripel Karmeliet glass (which is absolutely beautiful by the way) with some Tripel Karmeliet. Fantastic beer! Loads of bananas, apples, lightly spicey, some interesting yeast, and a delicious flavor of fresh baked bread comes through in this one. Love this beer and the glass just makes it phenomenal!
    I have heard good things about this beer. Where did you find it? I haven't seen it anywhere around me, but thats not unusual.
  • kaworuchankaworuchan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 28
    Last night, I had Knob Creek bourbon.

Very good stuff, it is indeed. My favorite whiskey at this point.
    ejenne87:
    BStayer:
    I have heard good things about this beer. Where did you find it? I haven't seen it anywhere around me, but thats not unusual.
    Being in Colorado has it's benefits. The mayor of Denver used to be a homebrewer and he has a brew pub which he started before becoming mayor. It's still in business today and is a premier location in Denver to hit up if you're a beer fan. So, CO is very beer friendly, more than most by far. Some argue that only CA is a better location for beer than CO in the states. I just picked up the beer at one of my local beer stores. I've had it before, but this came in a pack with the glass and a four pack of beer. Here's a picture of the glass.

If ever you want a beer and don't have access to it, you can try ordering online. Different states have different laws, so not every state will allow you to receive beer in the mail. But it's always worth a try. Here's just one place where you can order beer online.
    kaworuchan:
    Last night, I had Knob Creek bourbon. Very good stuff, it is indeed. My favorite whiskey at this point.
    Yes, that is a great bourbon indeed!! A favorite of mine as well.
  • plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 187
    Tonight I had old faithful. Jim Beam and Pepsi. If you knew me you would think I'm crazy because I hate Pepsi but for some reason I think it tastes better than coke with JB.
  • JZJZ Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 827
    A glass of 1% milk, I almost went crazy and put some nestle chocolate inside! JK
    BStayer:
    ejenne87:
    BStayer:
    Being in Colorado has it's benefits. The mayor of Denver used to be a homebrewer and he has a brew pub which he started before becoming mayor. It's still in business today and is a premier location in Denver to hit up if you're a beer fan. So, CO is very beer friendly, more than most by far. Some argue that only CA is a better location for beer than CO in the states. I just picked up the beer at one of my local beer stores. I've had it before, but this came in a pack with the glass and a four pack of beer. Here's a picture of the glass.

If ever you want a beer and don't have access to it, you can try ordering online. Different states have different laws, so not every state will allow you to receive beer in the mail. But it's always worth a try. Here's just one place where you can order beer online.
    You might have just become my new best friend! There are so many beers on there that I cna't find anywhere in NC. Now I know I will only have to wait like 3 days and I will have them delivered right to my doorstep. Thanks bro!
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    BStayer:
    ejenne87:
    BStayer:

I bookmarked the page. I would love to have some of the beers I've tried on hand at the house. There's some other goodies on this site as well. Thanks for posting the link!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 14,471
    damn ohio's restrictive alcohol laws!!
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 930
    kuzi16:
    Yeah, I just went to Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission's website, and found out I can't have it delivered from an out-of-state entity. B.S.
    kuzi16:
    No kidding!! I just had the Goose Island Bourbon County Stout on Thanksgiving and loved it! A fantastic stout aged in bourbon barrels and gives off rich flavors of vanilla, caramel, charred oak; it's just fantastic. But, it's 13% and I'm gonna cry when we move home. I grew up in Canton, will be moving home as soon as our house sells. Boy, I'm sure gonna miss all the fantastic beer here.

Do you know if Ohio allows you to receive beer in the mail, as long as it's under 12%? I haven't felt like digging that info up yet, didn't know if you knew off the top of your head.
    Miller Lite yesterday, and Miller Lite today...

Except today's Miller Lite is tasting a little worse than yesterday for I'm drinking it being forced to watch "The Ugly Truth"
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    ...Sorry for you Lassie.. I don't think all the beer in Milwaukee, could make me like that film.
    kaspera79:
    ...Sorry for you Lassie.. I don't think all the beer in Milwaukee, could make me like that film.
    I don't know... I kinda sorta laughed out loud a couple times already... am I gay?
  • plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 187
    JZ:
    A glass of 1% milk, I almost went crazy and put some nestle chocolate inside! JK
    You're a madman!!!
  • gmill880gmill880 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,947
    Miller Lite then switched to Michelob Lite this evening ...uummmm good ...
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,317
    Jim Beam Black and sweet tea... not too bad. Then Later I'll have some Crown...
  • Cooper33Cooper33 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 168
    Lasabar:
    kaspera79:
    I don't know... I kinda sorta laughed out loud a couple times already... am I gay?
    It's possible, but then again ask yourself, Was I laughing because it was funny? Or was I laughing because Katherine Heigl is fun to look at?
  • LukoLuko Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,004
    Lasabar:
    kaspera79:
    Sorry to tell you, anyone who has butt sex with Mexican Elvis is definitely gay.
    Vodka, or what I call "Time Travel Juice" I time traveled from about 10pm last night to 8am this morning...

That's what it feels like... I have texts, phone logs, and Facebook posts that prove I was up till about 1am... but I'll be damned if I don't remember all but bits and pieces of it!!!!