Home General Discussion

Building My BFH (warning - many pictures)

Comments

• rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    That is impressive. I am working on a much much smaller cabinet built into my bar, but am embarrassed now. What do you use to control humidity?
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    Echambers:
    That is just amazing! Thanks for sharing the details. If you did it again would you change anything?

That's an excellent question. I thought about it, and no, I wouldn't. Not because this was a first shot perfect deal, but because my plans changed as I went along. I took my time, obviously haha... 6 months... and when I saw things not working right I simply adjusted as I went along. Hardest part for me were the doors. I wanted cabinet swinging doors, but I'm sure I couldn't do those and get it to seal right. The sliding glass doors were the easy way out, albeit more expensive. At the end though, I think they did turn out looking better.
    dr_frankenstein56:
    thats some serious talent right there~! man we need to burn one so I can check that fine wood work out!

Aj

We're practically neighbors. Let me know next time you're on my side and we can definitely smoke and maybe enjoy a libation. On me, of course.
    rsherman24:
    That is impressive. I am working on a much much smaller cabinet built into my bar, but am embarrassed now. What do you use to control humidity?

Oh heck no... this doesn't belittle anyone else's work. We all build or buy what we need. Or what we think we need anyways. LOL By all means do yours and post.

I use (for now) a Humicare XL1000 pro I think it is called. Also have two additional fans mounted further up if needed. I currently only use one of them.
    rsherman24:

By the way, I guess I went the opposite way, but now that this is done, I've thought about adding a small bar to the right of it. Just something to store all my bourbons. More of a shelf really. Maybe lights inside so they make the bottles light up a bit.
  • dr_frankenstein56dr_frankenstein56 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,519
    WaltBasil:
    dr_frankenstein56:
    thats some serious talent right there~! man we need to burn one so I can check that fine wood work out!

Aj

We're practically neighbors. Let me know next time you're on my side and we can definitely smoke and maybe enjoy a libation. On me, of course.

Same for you Brother! My doors are always open!

Aj
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    WaltBasil:
    rsherman24:

Oh heck no... this doesn't belittle anyone else's work. We all build or buy what we need. Or what we think we need anyways. LOL By all means do yours and post.

I use (for now) a Humicare XL1000 pro I think it is called. Also have two additional fans mounted further up if needed. I currently only use one of them.
    Only kidding. Very nice setup. I'll post some pics soon, but this gives me some ideas for my next project
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    I have nothing but envy, for your talent and the finished product. I hammered some nails once.
  • PAtoNHPAtoNH Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 430
    Nicely done, Walt! I'll have to show this to friend who's built his "man cave"… he'll get a kick out of it.
  • SasquatchSasquatch Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 228
    WOW!! Beautiful work sir!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Very nice Walter....Bet you take that with you should you ever move.
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    That's awesome Walt .... great work.
    Really nice looking piece.
  • ehehatehehat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,534
    I cant add anything here that hasn't already been said...just amazing work Walt. I'm way jelly.

and welcome to the boards!
  • C-LOVEC-LOVE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    Awesome work Walt, enjoyed checking out the step by step. Welcome to the forum!
  • greg2648greg2648 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,422
    I am very impressed......Nice job!
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    That is absolutely awesome!!!
  • LiquidChaos66LiquidChaos66 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,603
    Holy crap! That's amazing!
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    very nice indeed brother!!
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    Beautiful humi Walt, u are very talented man. Do u like peppers??? Forget Mr. Stogie man.
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,377
    Glock1975:
    Beautiful humi Walt, u are very talented man. Do u like peppers??? Forget Mr. Stogie man.

haha... yes, love peppers. Have them with almost every meal here in El Paso. ;-)
  • Bad Daddy RabbitBad Daddy Rabbit Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 720
    Wow! And it's very well stocked.
  • flowbeeflowbee Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,100
    Thats bigger than a couple of smoke shops near me, nice job
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    Walt you have some great talent. So jelly
    you guys really have to see the thing in person. I was super impressed. The attention to detail is amazing, and the construction is perfect. Walts got his woodworking skills, fo sho. I had total humi envy.

Aj
    dr_frankenstein56:
    you guys really have to see the thing in person. I was super impressed. The attention to detail is amazing, and the construction is perfect. Walts got his woodworking skills, fo sho. I had total humi envy.

Aj
    haha.. thanks AJ... that's just an appearance... with wordworking.. perfect is not usually it. ;-) Some things are on there just to cover the imperfections. But I do think it totally rocks! In the end, only I know where all the mistakes are.
    but thats normal.... its the ocd-perfectionest in you. I am the same way! To the point things like that in my builds keep me from sleeping... or make me a nervous wreck. But as long as we never know, its gold in my eyes. Whats the old say'in? Real Steel Is Nice, But A Little Bondo Never Hurts.

Aj
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    Second time I've seen these pictures......still impressive!! Nice job brother!
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Walt, that is beautiful and you have some serious talent. Thanks for sharing start to finish. I am glad someone revived this so I could see it. I took on basement finishing with zero experience and it was some trial and error but it turned out great. Going to post the almost finished pics in my original thread in off topic section later. Carpet finally goes in end of this month and it is done. Only took me 2 years - time and money. I have two basements so the next one is going to be pre-wired for surround sound and entertainment center. Now I want to do something like this but it seems really intimidating. I would love to do something like this on a smaller scale. That is just such an impressive piece. You should be really proud of that.
    jsnake:
    Walt, that is beautiful and you have some serious talent. Thanks for sharing start to finish. I am glad someone revived this so I could see it. I took on basement finishing with zero experience and it was some trial and error but it turned out great. Going to post the almost finished pics in my original thread in off topic section later. Carpet finally goes in end of this month and it is done. Only took me 2 years - time and money. I have two basements so the next one is going to be pre-wired for surround sound and entertainment center. Now I want to do something like this but it seems really intimidating. I would love to do something like this on a smaller scale. That is just such an impressive piece. You should be really proud of that.
    Thanks jsnake. It's not as intimidating as it looks. Just a bunch of "little" projects arranged head to toe. Take your time, do some here and there, like you've done on the basements. It all comes together in the end.