Home Non Cigar Related

PRAYER REQUEST THREAD

Comments

• MartelMartel Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,423
    Hey, y'all, I wanted to let you hear some good news. Thank you all for your prayers; they've been answered: I got a job.

We still have to work out the details of our move. The position opens up March 1 and I'll probably start on a PT basis through the end of the school year down here. But come June, the whole family will be leaving the South for the Commonwealth of PA. Okay, okay, we're barely north of the Mason-Dixon line, but still. I'm grateful for your prayers over the course of these uncertain times.

No, I won't become a Ravens/Redskins/Steelers/Eagles/Nationals/Sixers/Orioles fan. I was already a Phillies fan and I'll remain a Colts fan for life. But for any MLS fans, I'll take bids for my fandom between the Union or DC United.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Gray4lines:
    Wife Ashley is going in for thyroid surgery at 8:30. Praying it goes well, no problems, and is benign.
    Found out today that nodule is benign. No second surgery or iodine treatment, which is great.
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,070
    Glad to hear all the good news. Prayers of thanks going up...
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,647
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    Gray4lines:
    Gray4lines:
    Wife Ashley is going in for thyroid surgery at 8:30. Praying it goes well, no problems, and is benign.
    Found out today that nodule is benign. No second surgery or iodine treatment, which is great.
    thats great news Gray
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    Rhamlin:
    Gray4lines:
    Gray4lines:
    thats great news Gray
    Thanks ricky. Still praying for you and your family
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Martel:
    Hey, y'all, I wanted to let you hear some good news. Thank you all for your prayers; they've been answered: I got a job.

We still have to work out the details of our move. The position opens up March 1 and I'll probably start on a PT basis through the end of the school year down here. But come June, the whole family will be leaving the South for the Commonwealth of PA. Okay, okay, we're barely north of the Mason-Dixon line, but still. I'm grateful for your prayers over the course of these uncertain times.

No, I won't become a Ravens/Redskins/Steelers/Eagles/Nationals/Sixers/Orioles fan. I was already a Phillies fan and I'll remain a Colts fan for life. But for any MLS fans, I'll take bids for my fandom between the Union or DC United.
    Congrats, brother! Where in PA will you be?
    Puff_Dougie:
    Martel:

Glen Rock, in southern York County.

I'm already trying to talk my wife into letting me go to Cigarfest 2016. Doubt I can swing it this year...
    Martel:
    Puff_Dougie:
    Martel:

Glen Rock, in southern York County.

I'm already trying to talk my wife into letting me go to Cigarfest 2016. Doubt I can swing it this year...
    That's like 4 hours from me, but I think it's pretty close to Jhewey.
    Recently found out my mum has cancer. Inoperable and the prognosis is 6 -12 months. Organizing a trip to Oz to see her. Prayers appreciated.
  • ejgormanejgorman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 891
    Sorry to hear Brad. My heart goes out to you and your family. She'll be in my thoughts.
    Chemnitz:
    Recently found out my mum has cancer. Inoperable and the prognosis is 6 -12 months. Organizing a trip to Oz to see her. Prayers appreciated.
    Praying man, for your mom and family.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 54
    I'll be praying for your mum, for you, and your visit.  It must be even harder, with the distance you two are from each other.
  • StubbleStubble Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,305
    Sorry to hear that Brad....prayers for all of your family.
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Prayers for you and family Brad.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Chemnitz:
    So so sorry to hear that Brad, let me know if I can help in any way even if it's just to listen and be a sounding board Broyer! You're not alone here bro, sorry really!
  • jlmartajlmarta Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,440
    I'm sorry to hear this, Brad. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your mum and family. Hang in there, Bro....
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,144
    Very sorry to hear this news. I am praying for your mother, you, and your family...Peace.
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Brad sorry to hear about your mom. Prayers coming

I was a cop for 11 years and a coworker/friend of mine who is still a cop has a son who is a cop in Springfield, Missouri. Several nights ago he was shot in the line of duty. Please pray for him and his family. He was shot in the eye and will never be a cop again. His entire world was changed in an instant. He is in a drug induced coma and his family could use the prayers. The POS responsible for this is in jail but he should have been there and not on the street due to his lengthy criminal history but the justice system can be debated later. Couple links below to the story.

Aaron Pearson

Injuries Will End His Career
  • StubbleStubble Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,305
    Prayers sent for your friend's son Jacob.
    Praying for him and his family.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    90+ Irishman:
    Chemnitz:
    So so sorry to hear that Brad, let me know if I can help in any way even if it's just to listen and be a sounding board Broyer! You're not alone here bro, sorry really!
    Oh man I just hate hearing this. My prayers are going out to you and your family. I know how tough it is brother. If you ever need someone to talk to just shoot me a pm. I found a great group on Facebook called The Hate Project. Check em out. My new motto is F$&K Cancer!
    Brad and Jake, I just prayed for you guys.
    We are at the hospital with my wifes grandma. Please pray for her family.
    roland_7707:
    We are at the hospital with my wifes grandma. Please pray for her family.
    Praying bro!
    Thank you. Dehydration with kiidney failure. Probably wont go home again. Either a rehab center or nursing home. My wife is doing ok. Family is not however.
    I hope everything is okay. Praying for you and your family, Dane.
    UPDATE: (also posted in TPB thread)
    As some of you are aware, I am in Australia for a few weeks visiting my mum who has terminal cancer. It has been a dream of mine for a while to be able to take my children back to Australia. Getting to see Grandma in the limited time we have made me decide to just do it. We all arrived last week and are here for a couple more. My mum is in great spirits, naturally, seeing all the family, but I can tell that she is weaker and more frail. We are taking care of her, going through things in the house, and making other preparations that one normally does not want to talk about. But it has to be done and mum is being a trooper. She has strong faith in Christ and is looking forward to the heavenly mansion. I truly appreciate all of the support and kind words from you my brothers on this forum
    Picture from a few days ago of my son, William, meeting Grandma for the first time.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,358
    Praying for you and your family bro! So cool that she got to see all of you!
    Amen. Glad yall were able to go.
    Wifes grandma is doing better. Headed to a rehab facility later today. Thanks for the prayers and support.