Home General Discussion

What did you get today?

Comments

• C-LOVEC-LOVE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    The Shizza sent me one of these and I fell in love, found this sampler on sale and ordered it with the woman's credit card. What cigar sampler, I didn't order any cigar sampler. 002
  • pelirrojopelirrojo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,520
    I stopped by the B&M that just opened up here. They didn't have a great selection, but they haven't been open longer than a couple weeks. 10% off for the grand opening and the girl gave me a coupon for 10% off next time.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    C-LOVE:
    The Shizza sent me one of these and I fell in love, found this sampler on sale and ordered it with the woman's credit card. What cigar sampler, I didn't order any cigar sampler. 002
    great pick up!! One of my faves!!
  • ehehatehehat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,534
    Had to pick up an Air Bender chisel to break in my new punch....and like any good adopter, I couldnt let it leave without a couple friends. image
  • StogiesOnTheGreenStogiesOnTheGreen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    Went to the local B&M to pick up a new Xikar torch and also walked out with a Xikar punch on an impulse buy at the counter.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    After four years of search, finally I have collected these masterpieces of art. photo CC2009-2_zpsbd6805b9.jpg photo CC2004-3_zpse097d5bb.jpg photo CC2006-1_zps76e51c12.jpg photo CC2007-2_zps98bad6ec.jpg photo CC2008-1_zps55fcefee.jpg
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    rzaman:
    After four years of search, finally I have collected these masterpieces of art. photo CC2009-2_zpsbd6805b9.jpg photo CC2004-3_zpse097d5bb.jpg photo CC2006-1_zps76e51c12.jpg photo CC2007-2_zps98bad6ec.jpg photo CC2008-1_zps55fcefee.jpg
    Those are VERY cool!!

So, they will be ashtrays, right? ;)
    No...they are Pre-Columbian art. I will lock them inside the glass box.
    Very unique and cool to have

3 la aroma de cuba lanceros (I smoked one, and it was excellent), 3 viaje honey and hand grenades, and 2 Oliva V Lanceros!
  • big chunksbig chunks Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,607
    rzaman:
    Rip those pieces look amazing, if only they could talk and the stories they would tell
  • jfacianejfaciane Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 242
    Went to my local B&M and picked up three Cusano 18s. They had a special going on so I picked some up.
    Made a trip to Columbus today. Don't think it was worth it, now my backs all messed up. 001
  • buckeyecigarbuckeyecigar Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 500
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
    Picked up a few sticks when I was down in Virginia Beach to see the in laws this afternoon...

Also got my end of trade with my boy Boyd...thanks bro!

• RhamlinRhamlin Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,530
    C-LOVE:
    Made a trip to Columbus today. Don't think it was worth it, now my backs all messed up. 001
    Nice pickup!!!
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    rzaman:
    Awesome. Mayan artwork!!! Is that Quetzalcoatl on the plate?
    beatnic:
    rzaman:
    After four years of search, finally I have collected these masterpieces of art. photo CC2004-3_zpse097d5bb.jpg

Wow Rick, I am impressed with your knowledge about the Aztec Gods and mythology. It is Quetzalcoat- the God of life, wind and Morningstar. As the Lord of the East he is associated with the morning star, his twin brother Xolotl was the evening star (Venus). As the morning star he was known by the name Tlahuizcalpantecuhtli, "lord of the star of the dawn." Another representation of Quetzalcoatl is Ehecatl, the Wind God. He fell in love with a human girl named Mayahuel, and gave mankind the ability to love so that she could return his passion. He had no permanent physical form. The one who causes movement of matter in the universe

I have been in Latin America almost seven years now. One of the reasons is my fascination with Mayan, Inca and Aztec mythology and cultures. Before coming to Nicaragua, I worked two years in Bolivia as part of my career, spiritual growth and amateur research. I traveled extensively from Tiwanaku/Bolivia, Machu Pichu & Cusco/Peru, Yucatan/Mexico, Tikal/Guatemala now Nicaragua. One of my hobbies is to learn and collect about Pre-Columbian art and crafts. Finally, I found these gems and very happy. I will post some pictures of my collection in my website when I have one.
  • beatnicbeatnic Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,133
    rzaman:
    beatnic:
    rzaman:
    After four years of search, finally I have collected these masterpieces of art. photo CC2004-3_zpse097d5bb.jpg

Wow Rick, I am impressed with your knowledge about the Aztec Gods and mythology. It is Quetzalcoat- the God of life, wind and Morningstar. As the Lord of the East he is associated with the morning star, his twin brother Xolotl was the evening star (Venus). As the morning star he was known by the name Tlahuizcalpantecuhtli, "lord of the star of the dawn." Another representation of Quetzalcoatl is Ehecatl, the Wind God. He fell in love with a human girl named Mayahuel, and gave mankind the ability to love so that she could return his passion. He had no permanent physical form. The one who causes movement of matter in the universe

I have been in Latin America almost seven years now. One of the reasons is my fascination with Mayan, Inca and Aztec mythology and cultures. Before coming to Nicaragua, I worked two years in Bolivia as part of my career, spiritual growth and amateur research. I traveled extensively from Tiwanaku/Bolivia, Machu Pichu & Cusco/Peru, Yucatan/Mexico, Tikal/Guatemala now Nicaragua. One of my hobbies is to learn and collect about Pre-Columbian art and crafts. Finally, I found these gems and very happy. I will post some pictures of my collection in my website when I have one.
    I began my college career with a major in Anthropology. Ended up switching to Geology. But my first experience ofCentral American culture, and what hooked me, was a visit my family made to the pyramids in Mexico when I was 13. A truly vibrant image stuck in my old mind. I envy your position Rip.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    Herfed yesterday with Brett (FireTruckGuy) and my Pops at the local lounge, where Brett proceeded to not only F up me, Amanda and Cael but also my Pops too! He hit Amanda and Cael and I with a gift card to Target to help us out with baby needs (a HUGE THANK YOU to you and your wife Brett, really bro over the top!!!) and then hit me with a bottle of Tullamore Dew 12 year single malt Irish Whiskey!! He hit Pops with a Casa Fuente Corona and a Fuente Short Story Maduro that he smoked on the spot! Thank you brother really, your generosity knows no boundaries!!!!

Picked up an original LAdC EE back from when Ashton was making them, box date of Sept 2008, while I was there as well....

• Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    smoke em if you got em:
    Picked up a few sticks when I was down in Virginia Beach to see the in laws this afternoon...

Also got my end of trade with my boy Boyd...thanks bro!

Ver nice Bro, hope the family is good.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    Received some of my poker winnings today, thank u guys very much awesome selections. 1st Briantz1. image next Gordon. image and Ward. image
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    C-LOVE:
    DAMNNNN BRO!
    Glad to see you found the Ditka, hope you like it as much as I did.

And did you clear out all their Rats? Or were there some left??
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Motorcycle gal came by this weekend all fascinated by the Bugatti. She'd seen a TV thing on the Veyron and was lamenting the fact she'd never be rich enough to own one. So when I spotted the spam from cigar.com offering a Bugatti lighter and ten sticks for fifty bucks, I scored her the Bugatti, me the PDRs.

Now to take the lighter to the DMV and see if I can register the thing

jgibv:
    C-LOVE:
    DAMNNNN BRO!
    Glad to see you found the Ditka, hope you like it as much as I did.

And did you clear out all their Rats? Or were there some left??
    pm sent
    So a surprise package arrived at my doorstep today from my older brother Brian... Inside was a surprise that completely floored and humbled me, something from my family at the Redneck Mafia too. Full story in trades, passes and bombs section.

Also got one of the two boxes that my wife bought me for my 25th, Room 101 Namakubi Ecuador in the Chingon vitola.

Now for the pics.... image

90+ Irishman:
    So a surprise package arrived at my doorstep today from my older brother Brian... Inside was a surprise that completely floored and humbled me, something from my family at the Redneck Mafia too. Full story in trades, passes and bombs section.

Also got one of the two boxes that my wife bought me for my 25th, Room 101 Namakubi Ecuador in the Chingon vitola.

Hope you do a review on the Namakubi Equador, I almost ordered some myself. Curious to hear your opinion. I like the original.
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    90+ Irishman:

sweet pick ups!! I'm waiting on them namakubis to get to my b&m and a different vitola of the ogor...they only have the 70rg :(
    C-LOVE:
    90+ Irishman:

Hope you do a review on the Namakubi Equador, I almost ordered some myself. Curious to hear your opinion. I like the original.
    Thanks Chris, and yeah I will be doing a review on it though they need to rest for a short while since CO is exceptionally dry and a bit cold lately and these are still a little fresh and wet. I will post it up as soon as I do one though :)