Home General Discussion

What did you get today?

Comments

• SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Gray4lines:
    SleevePlz:
    Finally picked up a box of LFD Oro Chisels. The Tubo Pass is getting a little closer to coming to fruition... IMAG0126
    Those are cool! I've never seen a chisel tubo. Never tried an oro either!
    They are new from the past couple months. And delicious!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    SleevePlz:
    Gray4lines:
    SleevePlz:
    Finally picked up a box of LFD Oro Chisels. The Tubo Pass is getting a little closer to coming to fruition... IMAG0126
    I will be on the lookout! Tubos are cooool
    Gray4lines:
    SleevePlz:
    Gray4lines:
    SleevePlz:
    I am starting a tubo pass soon...
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Tony, you're not worried about mold? I thought I read somewhere that people have problems with tubos and mold. Could be wrong, or maybe I'm mixing it up with something.
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    SleevePlz:
    Gray4lines:
    SleevePlz:
    Gray4lines:
    SleevePlz:
    I am starting a tubo pass soon...
    Ive never done a pass... i have 3 tubos. Keep me updated when you start! im hitting a b&m this weekend, will look for a couple more
  • blurrblurr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 962
    Rhamlin:
    Gray4lines:
    ehehat:
    blurr:
    Was super excited to get another box of curivari gloria Dee Leons. They smelled fantastic, I was just about to put them in my cooler and decided I better inspect them individually. It's winter so not much worry of beetles.
    2013-03-19 17.13.33
    I noticed holes everywhere, and powdery crap all around. Dumped them out, and 3 live beetles were crawling across my table. Unbelievable. Replacement is coming hopefully asap, the vendor was helpful but isn't sure if they wan't them back. Will send a packing slip if so. Unopened box, so not the vendors fault and they have been great so far. Unbelievable it's my second time getting a box of these critters. Thank good I didn't put the whole box in my priceless stash.
    2013-03-19 17.17.21
    that's actually another dead one at the foot of the far right cigar. See, everyone who doesn't freeze beware. Twice in two years I saved my own collection by inspecting and freezing, EVEN in winter!
    Way to go on avoiding a tragedy. Man, this crap scares me. I always freeze my ISOM but never NC. I guess I may need to start.
    Oh, that's terrifying! I always inspect my cigars when they arrive, mostly for shipping damage, or anything like that. Oh, that's scary! Especially in the colder months... You could've had a straight up beetle farm on your hands in a few months if you put those in with your other smokes.
    Oh man nasty! You said this was the second time you've had beetles in shipments. Just wondering if both came from the same vendor? If so I think I'd find another vendor.

It was my first order with this vendor, the other shipment was Cubans that sat on warm trucks for 3 weeks because usps fudged up my shipment and it kept going in circles. Its tougher to find Curivaris, this was the only place I could find the Gloria de Leons. They are sending a replacement and promised to open and inspect it. Makes me think maybe there is some truth to the rumor that Curi's possibly use ISOM tobacco. Who knows, I love the Glorias though.
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    SleevePlz:
    Those look great Tony, can't wait for the pass Bro
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    Tubo pass??? Teachers are creative. This one perks my interest
  • StogiesOnTheGreenStogiesOnTheGreen Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 61
    Got a 50 ct glasstop humi so I can finally separate my infused sticks, 10 montecristo churchills, 10 tabak red eyes, 5 my father le bijou 1922 petite robustos, and 3 cohiba robustos.
  • xmacroxmacro Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,402
    Stock photo, but it includes everything I got - 4 polish 7.62x39 mags, Polish bayonet, Type II (just badass), AK sling (used, junk), buttstock kit (love it; brush is worn down, but everything else is great), oil canteen (two compartments, cleaned them out and filled one with Hoppes #9 and the other with CLP), and a mag pouch (was gonna throw it out, but it smells like Hoppes #9 and gunpowder, and I couldn't bring myself to toss it)

fire fire fire!
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Congrats Juin
    jliu:
    fire fire fire!
  • ehehatehehat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,534
    jliu:
    fire fire fire!
    Jiunn is the Hugh Hefner of cigars. That's damn sexy.
  • rzamanrzaman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,604
    Nin de huanying Jliu-:)
    jliu:
    xie xie Rip.
    rzaman:
    jliu:
    xie xie Rip.
    oh whoa! hahah you're like the international man of cigars dude. hahah NICE!

Eric - flattery will only make me bomb you that much harder
  • ehehatehehat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,534
    jliu:
    rzaman:
    jliu:
    xie xie Rip.

you're mean.
    ehehat:
    jliu:
    rzaman:
    jliu:
    xie xie Rip.

you're mean.
    :)<3
    Rain:
    Tony, you're not worried about mold? I thought I read somewhere that people have problems with tubos and mold. Could be wrong, or maybe I'm mixing it up with something.
    No worries my friend. Proper inspection and storage can alleviate those concerns. Besides, I just want to do something different, yet fun.
  • StsepasStsepas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 475
    Nice find! I like the DL chisel. Can't wait to hear how the oro is!

• StsepasStsepas Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 475
    Just got a box of LFD DL-700
  • C-LOVEC-LOVE Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,249
  • Poopy JonesPoopy Jones Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 357
    Got an Alec Bradley Black Market and H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon today. Been wanting to try the AB and decided to try the Upmann based on some reading I've done on this forum. I've learned some stuff in the last few weeks thanks to you good folks that gather here. Thanks for that
  • catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,993
    Poopy Jones:
    Got an Alec Bradley Black Market and H. Upmann Vintage Cameroon today. Been wanting to try the AB and decided to try the Upmann based on some reading I've done on this forum. I've learned some stuff in the last few weeks thanks to you good folks that gather here. Thanks for that
    addy please
  • smoke em if you got emsmoke em if you got em Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,119
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,372
    Nice pick up Bro, they look good.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Glock1975:
    We need a review on those R, congrats!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Glock1975:
    We need a review on those R, congrats!
  • Poopy JonesPoopy Jones Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 357
    Catfishbluezz, PM sent
  • blurrblurr Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 962
    Oh poopy you just effed up. Unless you are a newb looking for free hard that is.