Home General Discussion

What did you get today?

Comments

• rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    Royln just decided to order a box of cigars for me. Thanks Bro. Appreciate it

• avengethisavengethis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,193
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    Good buddy of mine sent these in a trade. Can't wait to try one! imagephoto IMAG1674.jpg
    avengethis:
    image Me too!
    Man those are good. For $2ish each REAL good!
    Yeah can't go wrong. Nice quick little smoke
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    Got a new big a$$ cooler, after the lotto winnings, I was at max capacity!!
    I got her cleaned out, newspaper and baking soda in there, probably fill her up Sunday!
  • Edna20Edna20 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 395
    This when I asked my husband to pick us up some good beer to go with our cigar tonight :)photo 20140822_175201.jpg
  • FireRobFireRob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    Edna and Reggie, awesome!!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    Edna20:
    This when I asked my husband to pick us up some good beer to go with our cigar tonight :)photo 20140822_175201.jpg
    That is a very cool pin up type pic... How's the beer? Looks good!
  • Edna20Edna20 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 395
    Bigshizza:
    Edna20:
    That is a very cool pin up type pic... How's the beer? Looks good!
    It was pretty good actually. My husband said he hadn't even noticed the packaging until he got home and he had just read the description and figured I'd like it. My 9 and 12 year old stepsons keep going to the fridge for drinks for some reason?
  • ImgemboImgembo Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 657
    Present from the wife. image
  • ehehatehehat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,534
    Those are SO good!! mmmmmmm!!!
  • ehehatehehat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,534
    This was from a couple days ago.
    Split a box of these with patrick

Contest winnings from onestrangeone

My weekend blitz purchase
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    Received these yesterday, trying out the New Worlds. Plus a couple extras.
    WaltBasil:
    Did you try one of the New Worlds yet? I lit one up last night and I see some good potential with them. You could tell it was a little rough after being on a truck to one person and then hopping right back on to send out again.
    avengethis:
    WaltBasil:
    Did you try one of the New Worlds yet? I lit one up last night and I see some good potential with them. You could tell it was a little rough after being on a truck to one person and then hopping right back on to send out again.
    I'm a sucka for right off the truck too. I enjoyed it. Reminded me a lot of the Fallen Angel, but with a almost smokey twist. This is how much I enjoyed it...
  • jimmyv723jimmyv723 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,497
    Was heading to the Post Office to get these...

And the UPS Guy caught me as I was leaving...

Was down to just over 8oz of Mississippi River that I've had jarred up for almost two years and want to let age for a while longer. Grabbed another pound of that, two pounds of PS Luxury Bulls Eye Flake and a Tin of Diesel Coronas. The two "boxes" of MOW PAs are from the Devil Site.
    Received yesterday. Also, the basis of my last contest won by The3Stogies. Congratulations George!
  • FireRobFireRob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    Stocking up on more of the older Camacho's while I still can.

photo IMG_9395.jpg

And I finially got my hands on a Camacho Select. The devil site finially pulled through after several times of letting me down. Won this several times and they always sent a Havana and when they said they were sending a correct replacement they would send another Havana. After several calls the customer support told me I should prob stop biding when this item pops up. Well this last time I called and asked them to go to the warehouse and check to make sure and they said it's the real deal, so I WAY over bid to get this but it's mine! This is the only Camaroon that Camacho has made

photo IMG_0422.jpg
    FireRob:
    Stocking up on more of the older Camacho's while I still can.

photo IMG_9395.jpg

And I finially got my hands on a Camacho Select. The devil site finially pulled through after several times of letting me down. Won this several times and they always sent a Havana and when they said they were sending a correct replacement they would send another Havana. After several calls the customer support told me I should prob stop biding when this item pops up. Well this last time I called and asked them to go to the warehouse and check to make sure and they said it's the real deal, so I WAY over bid to get this but it's mine! This is the only Camaroon that Camacho has made

photo IMG_0422.jpg
    That's an awesome story... and congrats on the cameroon. Love them myself. Torano 1916, the Rare 59s are my favorite two. Of course I might change my mind when and if I ever get a cameroon camacho.
  • ddubridgeddubridge Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,949
    Morning Star, d.X Unlimited Maduro and War Horse. Tim B is the freakin' man!image
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    Well, I got the box of pudgy monsters I won on bigshizzas auction for rolyn. But, being the great BOTL he is, of course he couldn't stop there. He demolished my mailbox with an awesome selection of smokes I can't wait to try!!
    thank you Jim! You're amazing!
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    reggie713:
    Well, I got the box of pudgy monsters I won on bigshizzas auction for rolyn. But, being the great BOTL he is, of course he couldn't stop there. He demolished my mailbox with an awesome selection of smokes I can't wait to try!!
    thank you Jim! You're amazing!
    Congrats Reggie and nice job for Royln as well! And Jim, once again you show the amazing character that you have and share with is all, nice going brother :)
  • onestrangeoneonestrangeone Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,423
    I had a very good mail day, from Rick some aged goodness with bodyguards
    A blast from north of the borderimage
    Thank you Wayne
    Well the USPS finally came through and fowarded this fantastic "5vr> from ddub. Many new sticks I've wanted to and my new fave DPG blue maddy! Thanks brother.
    imagephoto IMAG169_edit_1409194163807.jpg
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    A year and a half ago, I did some web work for a fellow beemerista who lives in Florida. Our deal was, he would hunt up a cigar shop in Ybor City, get some local rolled I could never score here, that would be payment. He never got to Ybor; I never got paid. Periodically do more work for him; always the same story. Fast forward a year, there's an annual chromehead beemer tech day gathers beside Lake Conesus at an old farm, located the far corner of New York. Best way to describe the nature of this gathering, this year we bought T-shirts say "Bikes, Booze, Food". Booze should be listed first. And last. When this weekend rolls round, our host's wife goes to visit her mother in law, while his father drives up from Florida to attend. So I am riding back from a strenuous long weekend, it's 34 degrees and rain for the first 300 miles. By the time I hit the lowlands this side of Williamsport, I am worn out. I set my sights on a cigar bar where they serve espresso, in Lancaster. Drop in there for caffeine before I hit the twisty roads thru Amish country. Too tired to think, I pick the first cigar on the far left middle shelf. Don Benigno petite robusto. Turns out to be one helluva gem. Expensive, tiny, and very hard to find anywhere. Fast forward to last month, I'm doing more web work for the guy. Same story. I suggest he just order me a box of Don Benigno on line. Yesterday, they came:

Fired one up last night. Yegawd. An hour and a quarter of bliss.

• Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    webmost:
    A year and a half ago, I did some web work for a fellow beemerista who lives in Florida. Our deal was, he would hunt up a cigar shop in Ybor City, get some local rolled I could never score here, that would be payment. He never got to Ybor; I never got paid. Periodically do more work for him; always the same story. Fast forward a year, there's an annual chromehead beemer tech day gathers beside Lake Conesus at an old farm, located the far corner of New York. Best way to describe the nature of this gathering, this year we bought T-shirts say "Bikes, Booze, Food". Booze should be listed first. And last. When this weekend rolls round, our host's wife goes to visit her mother in law, while his father drives up from Florida to attend. So I am riding back from a strenuous long weekend, it's 34 degrees and rain for the first 300 miles. By the time I hit the lowlands this side of Williamsport, I am worn out. I set my sights on a cigar bar where they serve espresso, in Lancaster. Drop in there for caffeine before I hit the twisty roads thru Amish country. Too tired to think, I pick the first cigar on the far left middle shelf. Don Benigno petite robusto. Turns out to be one helluva gem. Expensive, tiny, and very hard to find anywhere. Fast forward to last month, I'm doing more web work for the guy. Same story. I suggest he just order me a box of Don Benigno on line. Yesterday, they came:

Fired one up last night. Yegawd. An hour and a quarter of bliss.

Glad you got paid! Looks like a cool little sized cigar. I visited a local roller's shop in ybor last March. They were pretty good cigars, and they have a website you can order from. I can find it if you want to give em a try.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Gray4lines:
    I visited a local roller's shop in ybor last March. They were pretty good cigars, and they have a website you can order from. I can find it if you want to give em a try.
    I appreciate, but no way. I am so overloaded now I don't know what to do. Pulled yet another cooler out of the shed this week. Two coolers full of leaves, another box of leaves not unpacked, a hundred count humi full of premiums, a smaller humi holding the fire cured stuff, another cooler holding the home made sticks... So far beyond simply obsessive it's ridiculous. Then there's ten more boxes from FX Smiths Sons on the closet shelf... almost forgot those. To make things worse, I recently started a regimen of rolling three cigars a day. Figure the best way to get adept at it is to practice daily like a musical instrument. So those are stacking up. Got to where I crave the home rolled more often than the store bought.

Listen, I got to thank you guys, when I had my birthday drumroll contest, for heeding my instructions and not shooting back major batches of bombage. Can't hardly walk thru the home office as is.

But these Don Benignos are gems. I tell you what.

Little ice chest holding the stuff people sent me from the drumroll contest... I did forget that. And the canister here at the office holding the machine mades I take down to the old bridge some days at lunch time. Keep this up I'm gonna kill myself smoking.