• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,371
    Daily Deal with a little extra
  • Edna20Edna20 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 395
    It's like Christmas in August!!
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
  • FireRobFireRob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    Nice Christmas present Edna!
  • Edna20Edna20 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 395
    I was on a cigar buying hiatus...I wasn't checking out but apparently I was still putting stuff in my cart, lol. And it's your fault FireRob that I got into the Camachos. Figured since you liked them sooo much I had to try some. Had the Havana Petites and the Corojo Limited. Both were so good! I have 5 more Corojo coming as well since my husband didn't get one the first time around. Told him he could have 1 of the Havana's too :) Most of what's in there is something that somebody on here mentioned really liking.
    Edna, I my self have bought two box's of those Havana's and a few 5 pks. Been stocking up on all the old Camacho I can while it's still available. If you want something a little stronger but not too bad but I deff say more so then the Havana be sure to try the new Equador. Glad I could help sway you to the Camacho side.
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,070
    Christmas alright! Great selection - you're going to have fun with that lot!
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    webmost:
    Gray4lines:
    I visited a local roller's shop in ybor last March. They were pretty good cigars, and they have a website you can order from. I can find it if you want to give em a try.
    I appreciate, but no way. I am so overloaded now I don't know what to do. Pulled yet another cooler out of the shed this week. Two coolers full of leaves, another box of leaves not unpacked, a hundred count humi full of premiums, a smaller humi holding the fire cured stuff, another cooler holding the home made sticks... So far beyond simply obsessive it's ridiculous. Then there's ten more boxes from FX Smiths Sons on the closet shelf... almost forgot those. To make things worse, I recently started a regimen of rolling three cigars a day. Figure the best way to get adept at it is to practice daily like a musical instrument. So those are stacking up. Got to where I crave the home rolled more often than the store bought.

Listen, I got to thank you guys, when I had my birthday drumroll contest, for heeding my instructions and not shooting back major batches of bombage. Can't hardly walk thru the home office as is.

But these Don Benignos are gems. I tell you what.

Little ice chest holding the stuff people sent me from the drumroll contest... I did forget that. And the canister here at the office holding the machine mades I take down to the old bridge some days at lunch time. Keep this up I'm gonna kill myself smoking.

Thats fair. But you can never have too many!

Hey, I just smoked one of the home-rolled you sent me. It was the original bazooka from your first batch. Pretty damn good! I was impressed (not that I doubted you). I will post a review of it.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Gray4lines:
    webmost:
    Gray4lines:
    I visited a local roller's shop in ybor last March. They were pretty good cigars, and they have a website you can order from. I can find it if you want to give em a try.
    I appreciate, but no way. I am so overloaded now I don't know what to do. Pulled yet another cooler out of the shed this week. Two coolers full of leaves, another box of leaves not unpacked, a hundred count humi full of premiums, a smaller humi holding the fire cured stuff, another cooler holding the home made sticks... So far beyond simply obsessive it's ridiculous. Then there's ten more boxes from FX Smiths Sons on the closet shelf... almost forgot those. To make things worse, I recently started a regimen of rolling three cigars a day. Figure the best way to get adept at it is to practice daily like a musical instrument. So those are stacking up. Got to where I crave the home rolled more often than the store bought.

Listen, I got to thank you guys, when I had my birthday drumroll contest, for heeding my instructions and not shooting back major batches of bombage. Can't hardly walk thru the home office as is.

But these Don Benignos are gems. I tell you what.

Little ice chest holding the stuff people sent me from the drumroll contest... I did forget that. And the canister here at the office holding the machine mades I take down to the old bridge some days at lunch time. Keep this up I'm gonna kill myself smoking.

Thats fair. But you can never have too many!

Hey, I just smoked one of the home-rolled you sent me. It was the original bazooka from your first batch. Pretty damn good! I was impressed (not that I doubted you). I will post a review of it.
    I did? When? Original bazooka? I got much better at it now. My memory is going bonkers. Lessee... where was I going with this...

Can't remember...

Oh. Yeah. Send me your addy I'll shoot you the latest. Still about a year from prime time skills, way I reckon; but I need to unload some anyways.

Smoked Blend # 2 last night, from DIYpete over at FTT forum. As fine a flavor and as good a burn as anything you could buy for eight bucks from a well stocked walk in humidor with a knowledgeable clerk.

It works.
  • AshMeAshMe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 336
    FireRob:
    Edna, I my self have bought two box's of those Havana's and a few 5 pks. Been stocking up on all the old Camacho I can while it's still available. If you want something a little stronger but not too bad but I deff say more so then the Havana be sure to try the new Equador. Glad I could help sway you to the Camacho side.
    Whats so special about the old Camacho's that make you feel its necessary to stock them? Something lacking in the new ones?
  • ChemnitzChemnitz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,070
    AshMe:
    FireRob:
    Whats so special about the old Camacho's that make you feel its necessary to stock them? Something lacking in the new ones?
    Uh oh. Here we go... :^)
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    Chemnitz:
    AshMe:
    FireRob:
    Whats so special about the old Camacho's that make you feel its necessary to stock them? Something lacking in the new ones? Also, The Bears Suck

Oh Boy. This may get ugly
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
    Chemnitz:
    AshMe:
    FireRob:
    Well, it's just the fact that they are not available anymore since Camacho went through the "re_branding". I would have been happy if they'd just left things as they were. Kuzi says the new Havanas are a tad bit better in his opinion. The new Havanas were slightly re-blended and renamed Criollo. I'm happy I got a box of the old Havanas (pyramid?) about a year ago. I like the way they have aged. If you check out kuzi's review thread, there's a side by side review he did last month between the old Havana blend and the new Criollo.
  • AshMeAshMe Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 336
    ^^^ Ah OK. Thanks for the explanation.
    AshMe:
    Yep, basically what Bob said. Most of the old ones are slightly different then the new and several blends were discontinued. I personally have been a big fan of the current Crillio and had it before my first older Havana. When I got serious about cigars (about a year ago) most of the switch over had already taken place. Seems like most sites are selling off all the old stuff right now so I have been picking up what I can. I'd like to be able to try every Camacho and there are several that still elude me. Recently I was lucky to get my hands on a Select from the devil site. That story is posted a page or two back in this thread.
  • 90+ Irishman90+ Irishman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,868
    FireRob:
    AshMe:
    Yep, basically what Bob said. Most of the old ones are slightly different then the new and several blends were discontinued. I personally have been a big fan of the current Crillio and had it before my first older Havana. When I got serious about cigars (about a year ago) most of the switch over had already taken place. Seems like most sites are selling off all the old stuff right now so I have been picking up what I can. I'd like to be able to try every Camacho and there are several that still elude me. Recently I was lucky to get my hands on a Select from the devil site. That story is posted a page or two back in this thread.
    Your "unicorn" cigar would be the old Camacho Face Off then lol, if you don't know what I'm referring to Kuzi can fill you in.
    webmost:
    I did? When? Original bazooka? I got much better at it now. My memory is going bonkers. Lessee... where was I going with this...

Can't remember...

Oh. Yeah. Send me your addy I'll shoot you the latest. Still about a year from prime time skills, way I reckon; but I need to unload some anyways.

Smoked Blend # 2 last night, from DIYpete over at FTT forum. As fine a flavor and as good a burn as anything you could buy for eight bucks from a well stocked walk in humidor with a knowledgeable clerk.

It works.
    You sent me a couple fire cured goodies I will try soon as well as a loosely rolled bazooka. You said 'first batch' with a year on it. I really liked it. Nice sweet tobacco taste and almost floral aroma. I really need to order some leaf and try rolling myself. I would love to try it. Unfortunately growing didnt work out this year.. maybe next spring.
    90+ Irishman:
    FireRob:
    AshMe:
    Your "unicorn" cigar would be the old Camacho Face Off then lol, if you don't know what I'm referring to Kuzi can fill you in.
    Well aware of the Face Off and it's on my list.
  • twistedstemtwistedstem Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,691
    actually got this yesterday before i had to go to work.so i sent ashme a little old harmless bookmark,just to say hi you know.well he decided to thank me for it.and he thanked me pretty hard!! ashme thsnx photo output_zpsmdb8vbvf.jpg
  • jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    You force them to buy books and this is how they re-act....tsk tsk tsk.
  • EchambersEchambers Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,335
    Little present to myself:

• Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    Winnings from Mr ejgormanimagephoto IMAG1707_4.jpg
    Man oh man viaje goodness!
  • jsnakejsnake Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,037
    Darktower007:
    I got the same package from him. Pretty dang sweet isn't it.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    jsnake:
    Darktower007:
    I got the same package from him. Pretty dang sweet isn't it.
    Awesomeness!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Echambers:
    Little present to myself:

Have you had these before? I really enjoy them myself. When I went out to scope out some Opus for DZR the other day, I picked another one up for myself. Pricey, but delicious!
    Grey4lines wrote: "You sent me a couple fire cured goodies I will try soon as well as a loosely rolled bazooka."

Oh yehyehyeah. I member now. Jeez. Way back in the way back. Dead of winter. Kentucky. Baccy farmer I know up the road from you fire cured some leaves, I sent them to FX Smoths Sons up here, rolled them for a fellow in Pittsburgh, I sent you some. I still have a fair batch of them if you like them. I was on a fire cured kick there briefly. No idea why I stopped smoking them. One of those flukes of human nature where something works and you stop doing it.

I could not roll worth a crap back then. I'd be ashamed for you to smoke those knobbly cheroots. I should get you some better sent out. Tell me if you like the fire cured so I know whether to include some of those.

webmost:
    Grey4lines wrote: "You sent me a couple fire cured goodies I will try soon as well as a loosely rolled bazooka."

Oh yehyehyeah. I member now. Jeez. Way back in the way back. Dead of winter. Kentucky. Baccy farmer I know up the road from you fire cured some leaves, I sent them to FX Smoths Sons up here, rolled them for a fellow in Pittsburgh, I sent you some. I still have a fair batch of them if you like them. I was on a fire cured kick there briefly. No idea why I stopped smoking them. One of those flukes of human nature where something works and you stop doing it.

I could not roll worth a crap back then. I'd be ashamed for you to smoke those knobbly cheroots. I should get you some better sent out. Tell me if you like the fire cured so I know whether to include some of those.

I loved the maduro. Havent tried the other yet. They smell stronger than they taste ...just a little smokey kick. Perfect. I havent had a ky fired cured from drew estate, so I cant compare directly, but from the reviews ive heard yours likely kicks DE's @ss. A lttle different, but I enjoyed yours more than the spectre too.
    Gray4lines:
    webmost:

I loved the maduro. Havent tried the other yet. They smell stronger than they taste ...just a little smokey kick. Perfect. I havent had a ky fired cured from drew estate, so I cant compare directly, but from the reviews ive heard yours likely kicks DE's @ss. A lttle different, but I enjoyed yours more than the spectre too.
    You got it.

webmost:
    Gray4lines:
    webmost:

You got it.

9114 9012 3080 3187 7267 94