Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Chrislolds

SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
Hey bro, what cigars do you like? Which do you want to try? What's your address? Thanks.

Comments

• chrisloldschrislolds Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 421
    I'll be honest, I'm just starting out and don't have the knowledge to know what sticks I like, I've always been a buy and smoke guy and always forgotten what stick was what.

Padron 3000 & 4000 have actually been my go to that I like a lot, now that I am getting a humidor and starting a collection I am going to start saving the labels from the ones I really like. I just signed up for ccom cigar of the month club to try a bunch of stuff out, and started a trade with one of the members, figured I'd try what he sent, and once I have enough posts and am on the GTL I'll probably start participating in the PIF's.

I'll hook up my address through PM for future bombs or to be included on Passes and PIFs once I get enough posts and trade reputation, but I hate being a mooch so I figure I shouldn't be considered for that type of stuff until I've been around for awhile haha

Anyone have some good suggestions on sticks to try?
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    I have some suggestions, but I have to mail them to you.
    SleevePlz:
    lol funny.... no bombs yet, I'm too new, I gotta pay my dues first
  • FireRobFireRob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    chrislolds:
    SleevePlz:
    I and prob many others thought the same thing when we were in your shoes. I lasted a couple weeks, fought off a few requests for my addy, then i made my first trade and my address was out there. You let it get in one persons hands and almost anyone has it from there that wants it. All it takes is one post to get it. Point being you can give it out now or later but we will get it. Some are very eager to bomb the newest of new guys others wait to see if you stick around awhile first.

Welcome aboard from a fellow new guy!
  • jliujliu Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 7,055
    who is this chris dude? must be a stand up guy if tony made a post about him. Hi Chris, my name is Jiunn. A/S/L??
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    We are the BORK. Resistance is futile.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    When I was new, Shafty just taunted me and didn't want to play with me :(
  • No_one21No_one21 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,962
    Bigshizza:
    When I was new, Shafty just taunted me and didn't want to play with me :(
    But you wanted to play with the Shaft huh?
    LOL oh man, this forum cracks me up...

Thanks again everyone for the welcomes, I'll post a little info again. I'm 32, live in Southern California and work in the IT industry. Love Technology, Snowboarding, the Outdoors, Guns, Stone Brewery and Cigars. Just started smoking decent "real" cigars and have really enjoyed them. Cigars are great for smoking and the more history I learn of them I like the idea of collecting them as well, starting my collection as we speak with some orders from ccom. I like the aspect of being able to have a good collection to share with friends, to have for special occasions and for giving to people for special occasions.

I found this forum completely by accident while trying to find a FFOX Black Orchid for my upcoming Wedding night and being a bonehead and not ordering it before it sold out. Posted looking for a trade and then ccom actually found one hidden away in their humidor for me but not after I found the amazing group here and the insane welcome wagon that comes with this forum!

I think the comrade in this group is amazing and I love the way people think. People aren't greedy, in fact they are more than generous, and I think its an amazing way for both newbies like myself and even veteran smokers to have a chance to share the cigars they've found and love and to experience new cigars they normally wouldn't on their own. I think the PIF/Trading/Passing/Bombing are all such great idea's for the community to share and experience more then they ever would on their own.

Not only is everyone so cool, but the forum has a wealth of information and if I can't find the answer someone is always ready to answer immediately. Great little hidden gem in the web, I can't wait to pay my dues and get fully involved in the community!
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    Welcome, Chris! Stick around and enjoy! This is a great place!
  • Bob LukenBob Luken Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,664
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    For the record, if he doesn't give Tony his addy, i have it......so feel free to hit me up for it
  • reggie713reggie713 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,018
    brianetz1:
    For the record, if he doesn't give Tony his addy, i have it......so feel free to hit me up for it
    that was quick! it just so happens i was updating my borkodex, ill take that pm Brian!
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    jliu:
    who is this chris dude? must be a stand up guy if tony made a post about him.
    Lol, you give me too much credit. I'm just dumping a box of dog rockets on him :)
  • ehehatehehat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,534
    Where in SoCal? There are a couple others here that might be close to you.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    reggie713:
    brianetz1:
    that was quick! it just so happens i was updating my borkodex, ill take that pm Brian!
    Sent Reggie.....anyone else?
    ehehat:
    I'm down in Santa Ana/Irvine area, about an hour south of you. I actually have family up in CC.

I have a man cave (that unfortunately is being used for storage right now) that I plan on getting fully setup for a cigar lounge/poker room in the next few months, so if anyone is down in the SoCal area and interested in chilling out and playing some poker while enjoying some stoagies PM me.

It's going to be a man cave on a budget, nothing fancy just a room to chill, smoke and play some cards, but we're guys and don't need much more right?

and really guys.... save your sticks.... I don't want to be shell shocked and get PTSD from being the newb... haha
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    It's not PTSD here, it's NDMRS (Newbie Destroyed Mail Receptacle Syndrome.) After the first few, you get upgraded to DMRS. VA is not paying for it yet, though. Thanks Obama.
  • WaltBasilWaltBasil Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,675
    Welcome Chris! And I can't ever imagine the shizz being a newby.
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    brianetz1:
    reggie713:
    brianetz1:
    Sent Reggie.....anyone else?
    Hmmm of course.. A fellow So Cal guy
  • Gray4linesGray4lines Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,439
    SleevePlz:
    jliu:
    who is this chris dude? must be a stand up guy if tony made a post about him.
    Lol, you give me too much credit. I'm just dumping a box of dog rockets on him :)
    pretty sure you don't own any of those ;)
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,384
    ehehat:
    Dafuq eric! You wanna herf with the new guy just can't squeeze some time for my fat ass to come down and have a smoke. You're about as consistent as a Gurkha!
    Welcome Chris! Thanks a ton for looking for that beer at Stone for me. Some new guy tips... Buy a bigger humi and while you're waiting for it to come in start pricing coolers, buy a few spare mail boxes and tell us what kind of cigars you like or what you like about cigars. We're here to kinda guide you on the path and suggest diffrent things. None of us are crazy enough to blindly throw some guy we do t know a bunch of cigars so don't keep worrying about that.
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    Welcome to the forum. PM me your address when you get a minute and I will add you to the newsletter mailing list. Lots of great information we put out every month
    lol, you guys are all crazy... I'm not sending anyone else my address for any "newsletter" or anything else, I'm getting worried my mailman (who by the way walks all of the blocks here) is going to egg my house for the onslaught of potential bombs I may have inadvertently gotten coming my way...

For sure on the Stone beer, I'm a stone fanatic, like I said I'll get ya a bottle or growler fill if I can and get out to ya, I'm spoiled being within driving distance to the brewery...

I've been looking at humidors all week, I plan on aging a few I just ordered from ccom and need something reliable... Also posted seeing if anyone has exp with arduino stuff for humidors, so if in the next 6months to a year if I get something bad ass going with the arduinos maybe I'll bomb someone with a prototype.
  • danielzreyesdanielzreyes Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 6,739
    Awwww shhhnap. Anither So Ca broskilletinesky. I noticed you mentioned Lake Forrest in the Pho thread. You ever go to the Tobacco barn in Lake Forrest?
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    chrislolds:
    lol, you guys are all crazy... I'm not sending anyone else my address for any "newsletter" or anything else, I'm getting worried my mailman (who by the way walks all of the blocks here) is going to egg my house for the onslaught of potential bombs I may have inadvertently gotten coming my way...

For sure on the Stone beer, I'm a stone fanatic, like I said I'll get ya a bottle or growler fill if I can and get out to ya, I'm spoiled being within driving distance to the brewery...

I've been looking at humidors all week, I plan on aging a few I just ordered from ccom and need something reliable... Also posted seeing if anyone has exp with arduino stuff for humidors, so if in the next 6months to a year if I get something bad ass going with the arduinos maybe I'll bomb someone with a prototype.

OK, Brian PM me the Addy please. Now it may sting a little bit
    danielzreyes:
    Awwww shhhnap. Anither So Ca broskilletinesky. I noticed you mentioned Lake Forrest in the Pho thread. You ever go to the Tobacco barn in Lake Forrest?
    I have not... I actually used to own a Tropical Fish Store in Lake Forest though, sold it and working in IT again though.

The Tabacco Barn pretty good spot for cigars?
  • ejgormanejgorman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 891
    FireRob:
    chrislolds:
    SleevePlz:
    I and prob many others thought the same thing when we were in your shoes. I lasted a couple weeks, fought off a few requests for my addy, then i made my first trade and my address was out there. You let it get in one persons hands and almost anyone has it from there that wants it. All it takes is one post to get it. Point being you can give it out now or later but we will get it. Some are very eager to bomb the newest of new guys others wait to see if you stick around awhile first.

Welcome aboard from a fellow new guy!
    You held out longer than me Rob. Puff sent me a PM after my first post saying something about sending me some "cigar info" and asked for my address. I gave it up knowing it was a welcome present, then spent the next five days panicking after reading that he often worked in collaboration with other "mouseketeers."

Welcome to the mayhem Chris! It's all in good fun! Some very generous BOTL here that want nothing more than to introduce you to some new sticks and force your hand at buying your first cooler! LOL!
  • StubbleStubble Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,305
    chrislolds:
    lol, you guys are all crazy... I'm not sending anyone else my address for any "newsletter" or anything else, I'm getting worried my mailman (who by the way walks all of the blocks here) is going to egg my house for the onslaught of potential bombs I may have inadvertently gotten coming
    Resistance is futile.....we are one.
  • ejgormanejgorman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 891
    Stubble:
    chrislolds:
    lol, you guys are all crazy... I'm not sending anyone else my address for any "newsletter" or anything else, I'm getting worried my mailman (who by the way walks all of the blocks here) is going to egg my house for the onslaught of potential bombs I may have inadvertently gotten coming
    Resistance is futile.....we are one.
    Who got the addy? PM please.