Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Chrislolds

Comments

• chrisloldschrislolds Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 421
    ejgorman:
    FireRob:
    chrislolds:
    SleevePlz:
    I have some suggestions, but I have to mail them to you.
    lol funny.... no bombs yet, I'm too new, I gotta pay my dues first
    I and prob many others thought the same thing when we were in your shoes. I lasted a couple weeks, fought off a few requests for my addy, then i made my first trade and my address was out there. You let it get in one persons hands and almost anyone has it from there that wants it. All it takes is one post to get it. Point being you can give it out now or later but we will get it. Some are very eager to bomb the newest of new guys others wait to see if you stick around awhile first.

Welcome aboard from a fellow new guy!
    You held out longer than me Rob. Puff sent me a PM after my first post saying something about sending me some "cigar info" and asked for my address. I gave it up knowing it was a welcome present, then spent the next five days panicking after reading that he often worked in collaboration with other "mouseketeers."
    Ya thats exactly what I thought too man... I gave it thinking ok cool, after I get established on the site maybe I'll make it on some of those PIF or Pass lists and it'd be really cool to participate and try new sticks out, and then I start reading more and more of the forum and its like the air raid sirens are going off and now I'm like oh man this is going to be bad, I've gotta buy a real humidor and the mail man and neighbors along with home land security are all going to be wondering what the hell is going on.... haha I'm just hoping its not going to be bad...

I was talking to someone and was thinking of just buying a small 25 cigar humi for a few of the sticks I ordered and they've warned me that I need to buy bigger... I'm hoping thats just a joke for now
  • ehehatehehat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,534
    Jetmech_63:
    ehehat:
    Where in SoCal? There are a couple others here that might be close to you.
    Dafuq eric! You wanna herf with the new guy just can't squeeze some time for my fat ass to come down and have a smoke. You're about as consistent as a Gurkha!
    Welcome Chris! Thanks a ton for looking for that beer at Stone for me. Some new guy tips... Buy a bigger humi and while you're waiting for it to come in start pricing coolers, buy a few spare mail boxes and tell us what kind of cigars you like or what you like about cigars. We're here to kinda guide you on the path and suggest diffrent things. None of us are crazy enough to blindly throw some guy we do t know a bunch of cigars so don't keep worrying about that.
    dude, I'm the one that keeps asking you and Dustin to come down. The next 2 weekends I'm tied up with Easter and my anniversary but I'd LOVE to have you come down before you ship out! The weekend after, May 2nd. Let's book it. Comparing me with a Gurkha? Man, that's low.
    ejgorman:
    FireRob:
    chrislolds:
    SleevePlz:
    Welcome to the mayhem Chris! It's all in good fun! Some very generous BOTL here that want nothing more than to introduce you to some new sticks and force your hand at buying your first cooler! LOL!
    Haha, I'm just worried on how long its going to take me to try and payback my dues... haha
  • StubbleStubble Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,305
    Chris, buy a cooler. This is not a help group...we are enablers.
  • Darktower007Darktower007 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    chrislolds:
    ejgorman:
    FireRob:
    chrislolds:
    SleevePlz:
    Welcome to the mayhem Chris! It's all in good fun! Some very generous BOTL here that want nothing more than to introduce you to some new sticks and force your hand at buying your first cooler! LOL!
    Haha, I'm just worried on how long its going to take me to try and payback my dues... haha
    Yes..research coolidor like yesterday..and buy a BIG one.
  • ejgormanejgorman Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 891
    chrislolds:
    ejgorman:
    FireRob:
    chrislolds:
    SleevePlz:
    I and prob many others thought the same thing when we were in your shoes. I lasted a couple weeks, fought off a few requests for my addy, then i made my first trade and my address was out there. You let it get in one persons hands and almost anyone has it from there that wants it. All it takes is one post to get it. Point being you can give it out now or later but we will get it. Some are very eager to bomb the newest of new guys others wait to see if you stick around awhile first.

You held out longer than me Rob. Puff sent me a PM after my first post saying something about sending me some "cigar info" and asked for my address. I gave it up knowing it was a welcome present, then spent the next five days panicking after reading that he often worked in collaboration with other "mouseketeers."
    Ya thats exactly what I thought too man... I gave it thinking ok cool, after I get established on the site maybe I'll make it on some of those PIF or Pass lists and it'd be really cool to participate and try new sticks out, and then I start reading more and more of the forum and its like the air raid sirens are going off and now I'm like oh man this is going to be bad, I've gotta buy a real humidor and the mail man and neighbors along with home land security are all going to be wondering what the hell is going on.... haha I'm just hoping its not going to be bad...

I was talking to someone and was thinking of just buying a small 25 cigar humi for a few of the sticks I ordered and they've warned me that I need to buy bigger... I'm hoping thats just a joke for now
    From one newb to another: BUY A COOLER! Seriously! You will get there eventually anyway. I started with a 100 count humi thinking I would never fill it (they never hold as many as advertised btw) and once I hit 75% capacity 2-3 weeks in, I ordered a 70 qt cooler, some RH beads (kitty litter will suffice) and some empty cigar boxes. It's just far too easy to buy cigars. Not to mention the BsOTL here are more generous than most people you will meet. PM me if you want any help getting started...I've been there recently myself.
  • brianetz1brianetz1 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,898
    ejgorman:
    chrislolds:
    ejgorman:
    FireRob:
    chrislolds:
    SleevePlz:

From one newb to another: BUY A COOLER! Seriously! You will get there eventually anyway. I started with a 100 count humi thinking I would never fill it (they never hold as many as advertised btw) and once I hit 75% capacity 2-3 weeks in, I ordered a 70 qt cooler, some RH beads (kitty litter will suffice) and some empty cigar boxes. It's just far too easy to buy cigars. Not to mention the BsOTL here are more generous than most people you will meet. PM me if you want any help getting started...I've been there recently myself.
    You can fight the cooler.....but you have to withhold the addy. I was able to do that and have fought it off, but I am pretty sure you're fuked since that addy is already in the wild. Like I said let the welcome packages come in and asses where you are. Until then find boveda packages and zip lock bags.

Good luck!
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 10,949
    ejgorman:
    chrislolds:
    ejgorman:
    FireRob:
    chrislolds:
    SleevePlz:

Vherf.... Just sayin
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    chrislolds:
    ejgorman:
    FireRob:
    chrislolds:
    SleevePlz:

Don't listen to these guys, Chris. They're just tryin' to skeer ya. BTW... what was that addy again?
  • honorknight7honorknight7 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 525
    brianetz1:
    reggie713:
    brianetz1:
    For the record, if he doesn't give Tony his addy, i have it......so feel free to hit me up for it
    that was quick! it just so happens i was updating my borkodex, ill take that pm Brian!
    Sent Reggie.....anyone else?

I could use it, need to update the ol addy book :)
  • FireRobFireRob Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 1,884
    ejgorman:

Well I attacked Puff-dougie before he had a chance to get me (kinda proud of that one) but I didn’t realize I would be living a life of fear looking over my shoulder all the time wondering if or when he was going to lay it on me. (also a little scared of what one of the other big hitters will do to me but I think were even but who really knows what he thinks….)

My down fall was Lee offered to send me one of the older Camacho Ditka cigars I wanted so bad and then that was the end of my anonymity. I know I asked for an email address for Lee and then MVW67 and BigShizza both tried to get my address for the “Official Ccom Master Address List” Ha Ha Ha!!!

Fortunately, so far the “bombs” have been manageable, and I have made several trades, won a movie trivia, sent out a movie trivia winnings, but for some reason I can’t get on the good traders list, I have participated in one Cigar Lotto but the traders list has kept me from being able to play some of the other games around here.
  • Puff_DougiePuff_Dougie Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,182
    FireRob:
    Well I attacked Puff-dougie before he had a chance to get me (kinda proud of that one) but I didn’t realize I would be living a life of fear looking over my shoulder all the time wondering if or when he was going to lay it on me.
    Huh. I had no idea I inspired such fear and dread. I'm a piker compared to some of the vets around this place. Still, I've found that the key to managing inventory is to make sure the outgoing flat rates outpace the incoming... and smoke lots of cigars! Been around here since the end of last year and still have the same humi set-up I started with. Or, maybe it's because I'm so intimidating that everyone's afraid to launch bombs toward Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood. LOL!!!

BTW FireRob... retaliation will come in due time. Muahahahahahahaaaa!!!
    I'm going to lay the wood... Shizza style.... Ohhh and welcome, wish I was still in So. Cal
    Where abouts in socal?
    Doug seems you are ALWAYS mailing out flat rates or organizing a mass attack. You, Newboots and Flowbee are like the "new guy keeper of the BOTL for future generations to come" that I aspire to one day be a part of. (there are several others on here I could add that title to)
    Bigshizza:
    I'm going to lay the wood... Shizza style.... Ohhh and welcome, wish I was still in So. Cal
    Get him Jim! Dont forget to PM me that address.
    FireRob:
    ejgorman:

Well I attacked Puff-dougie before he had a chance to get me (kinda proud of that one) but I didn’t realize I would be living a life of fear looking over my shoulder all the time wondering if or when he was going to lay it on me. (also a little scared of what one of the other big hitters will do to me but I think were even but who really knows what he thinks….)

My down fall was Lee offered to send me one of the older Camacho Ditka cigars I wanted so bad and then that was the end of my anonymity. I know I asked for an email address for Lee and then MVW67 and BigShizza both tried to get my address for the “Official Ccom Master Address List” Ha Ha Ha!!!

Fortunately, so far the “bombs” have been manageable, and I have made several trades, won a movie trivia, sent out a movie trivia winnings, but for some reason I can’t get on the good traders list, I have participated in one Cigar Lotto but the traders list has kept me from being able to play some of the other games around here.
    Like i said, the key is to battle off the addy hunters for a couple of few weeks of being here but still be active in the forum so you become old hat by the time someone gets your addy that you only get a few bombs.

I am pretty sure you are a trader in good standing and are on the good traders list, but if not can someone who has traded/bombed back and forth with him to give him a little +1 in that thread?
    Hey Brain,
    Want to trade??? I don't have anything on your "want" list but I do have a couple on your "like" list and I won't send anything from your "don't like" list cause I'm not much of a Connie guy either. Send me your address if your interested. If you see something I have in my bio let me know what you want.
    Puff_Dougie:
    BTW FireRob... retaliation will come in due time. Muahahahahahahaaaa!!!
    Doug, what if you just send it to one of the newer noobs and we call it even? I have a few address's if that helps. I will sleep much better knowing I am off the hook and helped another new guy get something nice in the mail.
    FireRob:
    Hey Brain,
    Want to trade??? I don't have anything on your "want" list but I do have a couple on your "like" list and I won't send anything from your "don't like" list cause I'm not much of a Connie guy either. Send me your address if your interested. If you see something I have in my bio let me know what you want.
    Rob, I have been put on a post office ban by my wife other than things that were pre existing (lotto, poker, paybacks for those who have bombed me) We are going on a trip in June and she is putting all available cash in to our trip fund for the next 2 months.

so for right now i am out of the trading/bombing game.

but you were added to the good traders list.
    Brian don't sweat it. We will meet sometime down the road. Thanks for taking care of the second!
    Hi Chris, I'm the Shizz, hope you enjoy yourself here.
    DC 9114901123086754611933
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    Bigshizza:
    WTF, LOL, this was my bomb thread!!!! With any luck I'll get mine out tomorrow :)
    SleevePlz:
    Bigshizza:
    WTF, LOL, this was my bomb thread!!!! With any luck I'll get mine out tomorrow :)
    Tardy.. Teach
  • rsherman24rsherman24 Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,711
    SleevePlz:
    Bigshizza:

BombJacker. Might be a new term
    rsherman24:
    SleevePlz:
    Bigshizza:

BombJacker. Might be a new term
    I was hoping this thread was going to quietly disappear... haha no such luck
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    chrislolds:
    I was hoping this thread was going to quietly disappear... haha no such luck
    Lol, I finally got a day off and had a chance to make it to the PO. Should be there Monday :)
  • Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,228
    Gettem teach!!
    Ya... The bombs are coming in... the mailman knocked on my door today instead of just leaving the mail, totally mad doggin me for all the extra weight he's be carrying.

I'm taking pictures and gonna post some thank you's, and I'm starting my address list to get retaliation.... I've been taking notes and I've got some idea's for the carnage I'm going to drop.
    At A Boy Chris, show no mercy and don't be scared of those guys or let them bully you around, teach them a lesson.