Home Non Cigar Related

The JD Luken Debate Thread

Comments

• jd50aejd50ae Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 4,109
    As I have said many many times, "Do not underestimate the power of large groups of stupid people".

ObamaCare Architect Admits Deceiving Americans to Pass Law

The Daily Signal,

In a newly surfaced video, one of Obamacare’s architects admits a “lack of transparency” helped the Obama administration and congressional Democrats pass the Affordable Care Act. The conservative group American Commitment posted Jonathan Gruber’s remarks, reportedly from an Oct. 17, 2013, event, on YouTube.

“Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage,” says the MIT economist who helped write Obamacare. “And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really, really critical for the thing to pass.”
  • RainRain Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 8,761
    Does any one person fully understand any of our laws and legislation? Probably not...sad but true.
    Rain:
    Does any one person fully understand any of our laws and legislation? Probably not...sad but true.

Obamacare Architect: Lack of Transparency Was Key Because ‘Stupidity Of The American Voter’ Would Have Killed Obamacare

Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber said that lack of transparency was a major part of getting Obamacare passed because “the stupidity of the American voter” would have killed the law if more people knew what was in it.

Gruber, the MIT professor who served as a technical consultant to the Obama administration during Obamacare’s design, also made clear during a panel quietly captured on video that the individual mandate, which was only upheld by the Supreme Court because it was a tax, was not actually a tax.

....but they sure have been missing in action lately...image
  • jgibvjgibv Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,996
    hey jd....did you see the news?

There are no known cases of the virus in the country right now.
    41 days after the "crisis" started here in the US of A, we are now "ebola free".
    Of the cases admitted to US hospitals ---- 8 out of 9 survived.
    Everyone else who was "under watch" have been cleared.

Source:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/11/10/new-york-doctor-cleared-of-ebola-which-means-there-are-no-ebola-cases-in-the-u-s/

FOX News did a great job with their fear mongering, err, I mean reporting .... but it looks like we might all survive ebola after all .... despite Obama's best efforts to let ebola take over and spread through the US since he didn't close the borders.

jgibv:
    hey jd....did you see the news?

There are no known cases of the virus in the country right now.
    41 days after the "crisis" started here in the US of A, we are now "ebola free".
    Of the cases admitted to US hospitals ---- 8 out of 9 survived.
    Everyone else who was "under watch" have been cleared.

Source:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/11/10/new-york-doctor-cleared-of-ebola-which-means-there-are-no-ebola-cases-in-the-u-s/

FOX News did a great job with their fear mongering, err, I mean reporting .... but it looks like we might all survive ebola after all .... despite Obama's best efforts to let ebola take over and spread through the US since he didn't close the borders.

Hey jgibv...did you hear the news? Even half stories, no stories and edited story's from msnbc, cnn, abc, and the rest of the hypocritical joke "reporters" could not turn the tide in the elections. Yea, I knew about the latest ebola news because FOX carried it. And did you hear about the reporter that left cnn because cnn instead of reporting the truth, hid it to protect obozo. And do you think we will hear more about Benghazi and the truth about billary's involvement in it from FOX or msnbc? And do you think we will hear about obozos pre-printing of 35,000,000 green cards from FOX or cnn? And did you hear about gruber on abc or FOX?
    Obama Prepares To Defy Voters' Will...Again and again and again..after all he is king. And to think, he held off on this so dems could win elections.

BY BYRON YORK, Washington Examiner

There are several reasons why Republican leaders don't want President Obama to use unilateral executive action to legalize millions of illegal immigrants. First, House and Senate GOP leaders oppose bypassing Congress on principle. Second, they disagree with the policy. And third — perhaps most importantly — they know voters want lawmakers to focus on the economy.

The president has other ideas — again. Back in 2009 and 2010, voters virtually pleaded with Obama and fellow Democrats to focus exclusively on jobs and economic growth. Instead, Obama devoted a year to passing, on a strict party-line basis, his party's national healthcare scheme. It's still unpopular. Now voters have sent a similar message: Stay on the economy. But Obama is determined to have his way on immigration.
    jd50ae:
    Hey jgibv...did you hear the news? Even half stories, no stories and edited story's from msnbc, cnn, abc, and the rest of the hypocritical joke "reporters" could not turn the tide in the elections.
    Are you asking if I heard/read/saw the mid-term election results?
    If so, yes I certainly did see them. Republicans won big all over, especially here in OH.
    And I saw that voter turnout was the lowest since WWII too, really think election day should be a national holiday to help encourage more people to vote.
    I don't think a higher turnout would've helped the Dems much this go around though.
    jd50ae:
    Yea, I knew about the latest ebola news because FOX carried it.
    Ok cool. I haven't kept up on your thread, but didn't see it mentioned yet. Glad you're staying informed.
    jd50ae:
    And did you hear about the reporter that left cnn because cnn instead of reporting the truth, hid it to protect obozo.
    Nope, didn't see that one yet. Is it earlier in the thread? Like I said, haven't kept up lately. If not, can you link me a story?

jd50ae:
    And do you think we will hear more about Benghazi and the truth about billary's involvement in it from FOX or msnbc?
    Doubt we'll hear much more about the Benghazi story. I thought that was "old news"....but I'm sure it'll get brought up again as the 2016 presidential election draws near.
    jd50ae:
    And do you think we will hear about obozos pre-printing of 35,000,000 green cards from FOX or cnn?
    Haven't seen much about the green cards other than a spokesperson said to ask "DHS" about this issue. He said "Those sorts of decisions are not micromanaged by the White House."
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/oct/22/wh-denies-covert-plan-issue-millions-green-cards/?page=all

jd50ae:
    And did you hear about gruber on abc or FOX?
    I heard about gruber on JD's debate thread .... so neither. CCOM.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/13/us/in-deaths-of-dogs-a-human-story-of-loss-and-intrigue.html?_r=0

This is a sad story, and really gets my blood boiling.

Sheriff's investigators were called to Green Acre Dog Boarding, in Gilbert AZ, and what they found upon arrival was stunning.

When investigators showed up to they found dozens of dogs, most of them dead. Some had been wrapped in blankets and left in front of the house. More than a dozen others had been piled in a tool shed.

The owners of the Boarding operation --- MaLeisa Hughes, 45, and Jesse Todd Hughes, 32, --- were out of town traveling in Florida and during that time MaLeisa's 21 year-old daughter, Logan, and her husband Austin Flake, the 21-year-old son of the Republican Senator Jeff Flake were "caring" for the dogs.

During that time, 28 dogs had been crammed into a poorly ventilated 9-by-12-foot room for hours on end, left panting and thirsty as temperatures climbed in the sweltering Arizona summer.
    22 of the 28 dogs slowly died of heat exhaustion and suffocation.

My opinion:
    There should be a public hanging of Austin Flake and his wife Logan for their neglect and abuse in this case. People who neglect/harm/kill pets or animals are lower than low IMO. Right down there at the bottom with people who commit crimes against children.
    And the owners of the business -- MeLeisa and Jesse -- should face some severe punishment/jail time for their negligence in letting this happen.
  • webmostwebmost Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 3,131
    Don't leave your dogs with a couple of flakes.

The infamous Sheriff Arpaio is on their azz. 21 felonies.

jgibv:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/13/us/in-deaths-of-dogs-a-human-story-of-loss-and-intrigue.html?_r=0

This is a sad story, and really gets my blood boiling.

Sheriff's investigators were called to Green Acre Dog Boarding, in Gilbert AZ, and what they found upon arrival was stunning.

When investigators showed up to they found dozens of dogs, most of them dead. Some had been wrapped in blankets and left in front of the house. More than a dozen others had been piled in a tool shed.

The owners of the Boarding operation --- MaLeisa Hughes, 45, and Jesse Todd Hughes, 32, --- were out of town traveling in Florida and during that time MaLeisa's 21 year-old daughter, Logan, and her husband Austin Flake, the 21-year-old son of the Republican Senator Jeff Flake were "caring" for the dogs.

During that time, 28 dogs had been crammed into a poorly ventilated 9-by-12-foot room for hours on end, left panting and thirsty as temperatures climbed in the sweltering Arizona summer.
    22 of the 28 dogs slowly died of heat exhaustion and suffocation.

My opinion:
    There should be a public hanging of Austin Flake and his wife Logan for their neglect and abuse in this case. People who neglect/harm/kill pets or animals are lower than low IMO. Right down there at the bottom with people who commit crimes against children.
    And the owners of the business -- MeLeisa and Jesse -- should face some severe punishment/jail time for their negligence in letting this happen.

The checkout lady at Sam's made a comment about all the dog treats I bought and she told me a story about her daughter doing good after someone did bad. She was driving down the road and the car in front of her was tossing kittens out the window as they drove. She got the license number called the state troopers and went to court. The animals tossing the kittens got some real jail time. And blutatoo, a personal hero, "interfered" with someone trying to toss a dog off a bridge. The dog now lives with him. Good on both of them.
    webmost:
    I don't agree with a lot of the Sheriff's actions. But will stand behind him on this. I hope they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
    jd50ae:
    ..... She was driving down the road and the car in front of her was tossing kittens out the window as they drove. She got the license number called the state troopers and went to court. The animals tossing the kittens got some real jail time. And blutatoo, a personal hero, "interfered" with someone trying to toss a dog off a bridge. The dog now lives with him. Good on both of them.
    Agree. Good on the checkout lady's daughter and blutattoo.

I'm not a fan of cats but would never ever consider tossing them out of a car.
    And I can't imagine what type of person would try to toss a dog off a bridge.
    webmost:
    Don't leave your dogs with a couple of flakes.

I hope he sticks them in a wet muddy tent for a couple of years.
    Pelosi cited ObamaCare architect in push for law – now claims she hasn’t heard of him

Nancy Pelosi on Gruber: I don't know who he is

Nancy Pelosi claimed Thursday she didn’t know who ObamaCare architect Jonathan Gruber is, after several tapes surfaced showing him gloating about how the law was written to take advantage of the stupidity of the American voter.

Problem is, Gruber’s analysis of the law was cited extensively by her office back in 2009.

Pelosi, the House Democratic leader, tried to downplay Gruber’s role during a press conference on Thursday. She claimed she doesn’t know who he is, and that he didn’t help write the law. “Let’s put him aside,” she said.

However, Gruber was involved in the process – as his newly surfaced remarks make clear – and his analysis indeed was cited by Pelosi’s office when she was House speaker in late 2009.
    At the time, her office put out a “health insurance reform mythbuster” press release pointing to the work of “noted MIT health care economist Jonathan Gruber” in examining the House bill’s impact on premiums. They noted that Gruber found it “would result in lower premiums than under current law for the millions of Americans using the newly-established Health Insurance Exchange.”
    Pelosi also mentioned Gruber during a press conference at the time.
    Still, when the press release was brought to Pelosi’s office’s attention on Thursday, aides indicated she does not know him – as she does not know everyone they have cited on their website.
    And her spokesman claimed Gruber was not technically a bill author. "We've cited the work of dozens upon dozens of economists over the years. As the Leader said today, Mr. Gruber played no role in drafting our bill," Pelosi spokesman Drew Hammill said.
    Democrats have been putting some distance between themselves and Gruber after a series of recordings – mostly from 2012 and 2013 – have surfaced showing him bad-mouthing American voters.
    The latest shows him speaking at the University of Rhode Island in 2012 about the law’s so-called "Cadillac tax.” The “Cadillac tax” mandates that insurance companies be taxed rather than policy holders. He said that taxing individuals would have been “politically impossible,” but taxing the companies worked because Americans didn't understand the difference.
    “So basically it's the same thing,” he said. “We just tax the insurance companies, they pass on higher prices that offsets the tax break we get, it ends up being the same thing. It's a very clever, you know, basic exploitation of the lack of economic understanding of the American voter.”
    The attended video is a must.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/11/13/pelosi-cited-obamacare-architect-in-push-for-law-now-claims-hasnt-heard-him/
    jd50ae:
    “So basically it's the same thing,” he said. “We just tax the insurance companies, they pass on higher prices that offsets the tax break we get, it ends up being the same thing. It's a very clever, you know, basic exploitation of the lack of economic understanding of the American voter.”
    An apt summation of the classic Liberal "Tax the Rich" shell game.

• Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    webmost:
    jd50ae:
    An apt summation of the classic Liberal "Tax the Rich" shell game.

Exactly. It sounds like tax the rich, but, as usual it's the poor and middle class that end up footing the bill, while the rich walk away with bags of cash, and aren't taxed at all.
    .....ObamaCare architect mouths off again, as videos cause problems for Dems

The ObamaCare deceit: Why Jonathan Gruber matters

The mouth that won't stop giving -- and that has Democrats and the Obama administration cringing -- has been caught shooting off yet again on video, this time bragging how the Massachusetts health care system he helped design worked by ripping off millions of dollars from the federal government.

On top of that, another video has surfaced from Vermont showing him mocking a critic of single-payer health care, comparing him to an "adolescent" child.

The latest videos of Jonathan Gruber come after House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi claimed Thursday she didn't know who he is. Though Pelosi actually cited Gruber's analysis -- repeatedly -- several years ago to boost the passage of ObamaCare, her office continued to insist he played no real role in the crafting of their bill.

Yet video after video has emerged of Gruber boasting about the behind-the-scenes crafting of the Affordable Care Act, and how law-writers supposedly took advantage of the "stupidity" of the American voter.

The latest videos pertain to state health overhauls, in Massachusetts and Vermont.

One video, from a January 2012 forum, shows Gruber discussing the Massachusetts overhaul under then-Gov. Mitt Romney. He explained how the state was able to bilk the feds over hundreds of millions of Medicaid dollars.

"The dirty secret in Massachusetts is the feds paid for our bill, okay?" he said. "In Massachusetts we had a very powerful senator you may know named Ted Kennedy. ... Ted Kennedy and smart people in Massachusetts had basically figured out a way to sort of rip off the feds for about 400 million dollars a year."

He explained how when ObamaCare was written, they had to take a different approach because they had to raise money elsewhere. (As he explained in other recently uncovered videos, part of this involved taxing insurance companies for high-end health plans.)

In yet another video, reported by Watchdog.org and shot by TrueNorthReports.com, Gruber in 2011 mocked a critic during a Vermont House committee hearing examining a publicly financed health program. At the hearing, a lawmaker read aloud one comment that warned of "ballooning costs" and "bureaucratic outrages." As the hearing participants began to laugh, Gruber said: "Was this written by my adolescent children by any chance?" According to Watchdog.org, Gruber is currently being paid to advise the state of Vermont on a new health care plan. Watchdog.org also spoke with the man who wrote the comment that drew Gruber's snarky rebuke, former state senator and Reagan adviser John McClaughry. "No one should trust this man," McClaughry told Watchdog.org. "Based on the rest of the stuff that's come out on the videos, nobody can trust this guy." Even though Pelosi claimed she wasn't familiar with Gruber, other Democrats have made clear they know him -- and are not happy with him. On CNN, former White House press secretary Jay Carney said of the tapes, "It's not good" and acknowledged he helped write ObamaCare and the Massachusetts law.

Carney said Gruber "speaks from the ivory tower with remarkable hubris about the American voter and by extension the American Congress."
    He added: "To speak that way [is] very harmful politically to the president."
    Yew fickst idt.
  • Amos UmwhatAmos Umwhat Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 2,523
    That dude's got crazy eyes, looking two directions at once. Hmm, could explain some things!
    ....cnn warning its viewers they are going to play The National Anthem....http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/11/14/cnn-warns-viewers-they-are-about-hear-national-anthem

Illegals tausnting agents as the wait for obozos amnesty

...http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/11/14/report-illegals-taunt-immigration-agents-they-await-amnesty-obama

oboz importing children from Latin America...http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/11/14/obama-state-dept-creates-new-program-import-children-latin-america

Michigan Students Plan To ‘Shut Down’ Campus Over Low Minority Enrollment...http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/11/14/michigan-students-plan-‘shut-down’-campus-over-low-minority-enrollment

reid blasted but still elected....http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/11/14/reid-blasted-being-reelected-dem-leader-warren-moves-leadership

42% of new medicaid signups are "immigrants"

At least cnn isn't spending billions of our tax dollars on people who never paid taxes.
  • SleevePlzSleevePlz Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 5,408
    jd50ae:
    ....cnn warning its viewers they are going to play The National Anthem....http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/11/14/cnn-warns-viewers-they-are-about-hear-national-anthem
    Not sure why you didn't just check out the actual cnn video. I did, didn't get a warning. Video
    jd50ae:
    Are you opposed to legal citizens of the USA bringing their children to the country they currently live in legally?
    jd50ae:
    Michigan Students Plan To ‘Shut Down’ Campus Over Low Minority Enrollment...http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/11/14/michigan-students-plan-‘shut-down’-campus-over-low-minority-enrollment
    This article is just laughable. Can someone explain how 30 people, including only 15 students, are going to shut down a major public university.
    jd50ae:
    42% of new medicaid signups are "immigrants"

At least cnn isn't spending billions of our tax dollars on people who never paid taxes.
    Not saying this isn't possibly true, but do you have a source?
    House Democrats Won’t Let Pregnant Double-Amputee Congresswoman Vote From Home

Chuck Ross is a reporter at The Daily Caller.

House Democrats are refusing to allow Rep. Tammy Duckworth, a double-amputee veteran, to cast her vote for party leadership from her home in Illinois where she is pregnant and unable to travel.

Duckworth, who lost both legs when her helicopter was shot down in the Iraq War in 2004, sent a letter to Democratic House leadership requesting to cast her vote by proxy, National Journal reports.

“As you are aware, I am in the final weeks of my pregnancy, and have been instructed by my physician not to travel,” Duckworth wrote. “As a result, I will not be attending the upcoming Caucus meetings in person.”

“I would like to require a proxy vote on the upcoming leadership and ranking member elections that will come before the Caucus in the coming weeks.”

House Democrats’ policy requires members to vote for party leadership in person.

The letter was read during a closed-door meeting on Thursday, but senior party leaders, including House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi and Democratic Steering Committee co-chair Rosa DeLauro, from Connecticut, moved to block the request.

In the meeting, Illinois U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky offered a proposal to bend the rules for Duckworth.

Wisconsin Rep. Gwen Moore then requested to be able to vote by proxy for next week’s leadership vote because she will be attending a relative’s funeral.

“After that, the mood of the room turned on the motion, with members realizing the slippery-slope argument that others had made,” a Democratic House aide told National Journal. “Schakowsky realized this and pulled her motion. The Moore speech was the pivotal moment for the motion.”

“Congresswoman DeLauro does not want to set a precedent,” DeLauro spokeswoman Sara Leonardo told National Journal. “There are many meritorious situations where the argument could be made for a waiver, including Congresswoman Duckworth’s. The question is, how do you choose?”

But other House aides said they believe that the refusal was due because of a close contest to replace Rep. Henry Waxman as the top Democrat on the House Energy and Commerce Committee. Duckworth supports New Jersey Rep. Frank Pallone for the position while Pelosi supports California Rep. Anna Eshoo.

“But here you have a woman, a decorated war veteran who is undergoing a high-risk pregnancy, and they can’t suspend the rules,” another anonymous senior aide told National Journal.
    ...record lows and snow this morning....
    jd50ae:
    Forecasters are predicting that Britain will have the coldest Winter in a century. When was that, 2010 or so, when all Great Britain looked like an iceberg from satellite? Meanwhile, our Favorite Fascist is in China promising carbon reduction by fiat to fight gorebull warbling. Me, I've got about two and a half cords of carbon stacked in the back yard, and thinking about ordering another. We had our first two fires of the season. Yesterday, folded my legs up on the leather loveseat, toasting by the fire, smoked a real fine unbanded Nic second churchill scored from the lottery, sipping a Modelo Negro, blanket on lap, pup on blanket, Bearswatter snoozing in her recliner, and watched the Iggles get spanked. Rode cautiously to work thru a cold rain this morning. Temps sposed to dive into twenties tonight. Winter. Love it.

webmost:
    jd50ae:
    Forecasters are predicting that Britain will have the coldest Winter in a century. When was that, 2010 or so, when all Great Britain looked like an iceberg from satellite? Meanwhile, our Favorite Fascist is in China promising carbon reduction by fiat to fight gorebull warbling. Me, I've got about two and a half cords of carbon stacked in the back yard, and thinking about ordering another. We had our first two fires of the season. Yesterday, folded my legs up on the leather loveseat, toasting by the fire, smoked a real fine unbanded Nic second churchill scored from the lottery, sipping a Modelo Negro, blanket on lap, pup on blanket, Bearswatter snoozing in her recliner, and watched the Iggles get spanked. Rode cautiously to work thru a cold rain this morning. Temps sposed to dive into twenties tonight. Winter. Love it.

Do you think that boargore laughs every time he turns a switch on in one of his energy inefficient mansions he bought with his profits from gorebull warbling?
    Juan Williams: Are Liberal News Outlets Begging for a Race Riot in Ferguson?

By Juan Williams

Published November 14, 2014 | FoxNews.com

Why is so much of liberal cable news begging for a race riot in Ferguson, Missouri?

Riots create chaos and disorder in black communities like Ferguson. They threaten the public safety of black families, drive down real estate prices in black neighborhoods and hurt the trade of black-owned businesses in the area.

We saw this with the Rodney King riots in Los Angeles in 1992. During the LA Riots, 50 people were killed, hundreds more injured and millions of dollars of property destroyed in the black community. Let me repeat, black people did not profit from riots.

Cities from Washington, D.C. to Detroit and L.A. can tell you that rioting in the 1960s is still hurting them today. Rioting only devastates communities. It even pushed out the black middle class.

Now, it is true that television networks profit from coverage of riots. So do extremist voices, often from out of town; suddenly people making threats and shouting vile things are in demand for interviews because they are elevated to the status of experts on the black experience. They certainly profit from racial chaos and violence and now they are looking to score again.

Stop it.

Those people looking to get on television and the producers looking for ratings will not be around to repair the damage once the riots tear through town.

The people of Ferguson, black and white, have real questions about why an apparently belligerent but unarmed teenager had to be shot six times, killed and his body disgracefully left in the street for hours.
  • raisindotraisindot Everyone, Registered Users Posts: 936
    jd50ae:
    Juan Williams: Are Liberal News Outlets Begging for a Race Riot in Ferguson?

By Juan Williams

Published November 14, 2014 | FoxNews.com

Why is so much of liberal cable news begging for a race riot in Ferguson, Missouri?

Riots create chaos and disorder in black communities like Ferguson. They threaten the public safety of black families, drive down real estate prices in black neighborhoods and hurt the trade of black-owned businesses in the area.

We saw this with the Rodney King riots in Los Angeles in 1992. During the LA Riots, 50 people were killed, hundreds more injured and millions of dollars of property destroyed in the black community. Let me repeat, black people did not profit from riots.

Cities from Washington, D.C. to Detroit and L.A. can tell you that rioting in the 1960s is still hurting them today. Rioting only devastates communities. It even pushed out the black middle class.

Now, it is true that television networks profit from coverage of riots. So do extremist voices, often from out of town; suddenly people making threats and shouting vile things are in demand for interviews because they are elevated to the status of experts on the black experience. They certainly profit from racial chaos and violence and now they are looking to score again.

Stop it.

Those people looking to get on television and the producers looking for ratings will not be around to repair the damage once the riots tear through town.

The people of Ferguson, black and white, have real questions about why an apparently belligerent but unarmed teenager had to be shot six times, killed and his body disgracefully left in the street for hours.

FoxNews in 1862:

"Now, Mr. Lincoln, just because you passed the Emancipation Proclamation that frees slaves in captured southern territory doesn't mean we to go telling those negroes that they're free. Otherwise, they might start thinking that they're entitled to own property and vote and get paid wages and get married to whom they want and believing that all men are created equal and have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. If they start believing that, all the captured white people in those states might start a race riot to keep the negroes from exercising their rights. Better to keep it quiet."

FoxNews in 1866:

"Now, Mr. Johhson, just because the 14th Amendments guarantees citizenship and equal protection under the law and rights to native or naturalized citizens don't mean we want Horace Greely and Frederick Douglas telling all those newly freed salves that they're actually citizens who have the right to vote, own property, marry who they want and not be worried about being strung up a tree if they disagree with a white man. No, if we start telling them they have rights they might try to use them. Better we keep them ignorant and then pass Jim Crow laws that will invalidate these rights."

FoxNews n 1955:

"Now, Mr. Eisenhower, just because the Supreme Court has ruled that segregated schools are illegal doesn't mean we want the liberal newspapers to tell all the negroes they can attend the fully funded white schools in their neighborhoods rather than the totally neglected schools in their own neighborhoods. That might just cause them to try to enroll at these white schools, which will cause all the white bigots to start a race war. No, better, we not tell them anything and maybe they'll forget."

FoxNews n 1965:

"Now, Mr. Johnson, just because you've managed to get the Voting Rights Act and Civil Rights Act passed doesn't mean you want the liberal newspapers to start telling the negroes that they no longer need to sit at the back of the bus or can't be barred from restaurants, hotels and water fountains and can't be turned away at the polls. Once they get that notion in their head they might try using these rights, and then all the white bigots will start a race war to stop integration at any cost. No, better we not tell them and hope those radicals like Martin Luther King will go away on their own."